News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

One for a Prime is what we talked about, but I'm fine with knowing how to make both that and a greater one.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Righto, that'll be posted tonight sometime. Didn't get a chance to do it yesterday due to Planar.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Okay, who wants to do logging while Cor's gone?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Awesome, thanks. Just make sure to follow Cor's numbering style since he prefers that. Ask if you have any questions about it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Druids get Baleful Polymorph on their spell list. I'm finding that it would be most useful as a means of conveying the animal companion into places it would be otherwise unable to reach. Is there some way I can devise a similar spell using the polymorph subschool rules to accomplish this goal?

Anastasia

From the department of excessively minor nitpicking:

Cor, I think your saves under antimagic are wrong. As close as I can tell, you have divine grace added. Antimagic suppresses supernatural abilities and divine grace is one.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Fix-a-fuckup: Sylvie has toughness but hasn't gotten the benefit of it the last three levels. Fixed, so +3 to her max HP. This is why I keep level up logs. Near as I can tell, I had it on her level 15 sheet and somehow it got lost before level 16.

Edit: I tracked down the problem and it was a revision mistake on my end. Her first draft had it, but the clean up draft didn't have the +15. It was in her hit point total, just not noted. +3 HP to her max is correct.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on July 13, 2012, 04:34:56 PM
Druids get Baleful Polymorph on their spell list. I'm finding that it would be most useful as a means of conveying the animal companion into places it would be otherwise unable to reach. Is there some way I can devise a similar spell using the polymorph subschool rules to accomplish this goal?

You could make some sort of reduce animal companion spell. I assume it's a question of getting them into small spaces or carrying them around or something? If it's a matter of locomotion, I'd reference Winged Watcher and similar spells from Complete Scoundrel and work from there. Considering you can cast personal/you spells on your familiar, those are fair game.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on July 16, 2012, 12:26:27 AM
Quote from: Yuthirin on July 13, 2012, 04:34:56 PM

You could make some sort of reduce animal companion spell. I assume it's a question of getting them into small spaces or carrying them around or something? If it's a matter of locomotion, I'd reference Winged Watcher and similar spells from Complete Scoundrel and work from there. Considering you can cast personal/you spells on your familiar, those are fair game.

Yeah I was thinking of something along the lines of a Minimize Companion/Familiar spell with a longer or permanent-until-dismissed duration. The Winged Watcher spell and those like it are great, don't get me wrong, but they're measured in rounds. If I need to get somewhere over a long period of time, or save my companion from falling 10,000 feet to his death, that's not gonna work. I'll come up with something.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Cor asked what non-divine epic good guys look like. This is one such example. Notes as follows.

- The design of the Children of Liberty is a flexible one, suiting exemplars of chaos. Several fiddly bits are meant to be customized for each one. Further, generic feat choices are in place and they posses no items other than [REDACTED]. In that sense this sheet isn't complete and it's feature light as a result.
- Several parts of this stat block are spoilery and are thus [REDACTED]. This is an example for Cor's edification, so I'd rather not spoil in game elements with it.
- This is a beta. Nothing here is final.

The Children of Liberty have come up once or twice in Balmuria 3 and were alluded to in Balmuria 1. This also proves I'm doing things despite not posting. 95% of it is DM's work, that's all.

Finally, if you're familiar with eladrin design from the BoED, you'll see some distinct similarities.

Children of Liberty

Size/Type: Medium Outsider (Good, Chaotic, Eladrin)
Hit Dice: 35d8+420 (700 hp)
Initiative: +23
Speed: 70ft, fly 200ft (perfect)
Armor Class: 56 (+15 dex, +26 natural, +5 dodge)
Base Attack/CMB/CMD: +35/+49/79
Attack: [REDACTED]+56 (2d6+28 plus 3d6 holy and one negative level (6d6 on crit and 2 negative levels) plus 2d6 chaotic) plus [REDACTED] 19-20 x2) or slam+49 (1d8+14 plus [REDACTED])
Full Attack: [REDACTED]+56/+51/+46/+41 (2d6+28 plus 3d6 holy and one negative level (6d6 on crit and 2 negative levels) plus 2d6 chaotic plus [REDACTED]) 19-20 x2) or 2 slams+49 (1d8+14 plus [REDACTED])
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, spells, [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED].
Special Qualities: Immunity to electricity and petrification, resistance to acid and cold 30, tongues, protective aura, [REDACTED], alternate form, aura of freedom, [REDACTED].
Saves: Fort +29, Ref +32, Will +27 (+4 vs poison)
Abilities: Str 38, Dex 41, Con 35, Int 30, Wis 31, Cha 31   
Skills:  22 skills, 38+ability mod.
Feats: Words of Creation(B), [REDACTED](1), Power Attack(3), Extend Spell(6), Improved Initiative(9), Dodge(12), Mobility(15), Spring Attack(18)
Epic Feats: [REDACTED](21), Superior Initiative(24), Epic Spell Capacity(27), Epic Dodge(30), Epic Dodge(33)
Alignment: Anarchic Exalted

Spell-like abilities

Always active-blessed sight, detect law, detect lies, freedom of movement, see invisibility, true seeing. At will-chain lightning*, cure critical wounds*, dancing lights, detect thoughts, freedom, greater plane shift, greater teleport, [REDACTED], magic disjunction, [REDACTED], righteous smite*, [REDACTED], superior invisibility, [REDACTED]. 1/day-miracle. Caster level 35th. The save DCs are Charisma based.

*Automatically maximized as if by the maximize spell-like ability feat.

Spells

Children of Liberty cast as 30th level clerics with access to the Chaos and Good domains, as well as 5 others relating to their particular interests. They gain further caster levels with every racial hit die, except those divisible by seven. (7, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, ect)

Alternate Form (Su)

Children of Liberty each have a unique alternate form. This varies between each one. These forms represent the true personality of each Child of Liberty in a direct fashion. A Child of Liberty with a fiery, avenging personality may have an alternate form that is a pillar of cleansing holy fire, for example.

Aura of Freedom (Su)

The presence of a Child of Liberty shatters anything that would suppress that liberty. Enchantment spells and spell-like abilities within 70ft of the Child of Liberty are subject to an automatic dispel attempt (+35). For the sake of what this aura can effect, treat it as a magic disjunction effect. An effect can only be affected by this ability once per 24 hours.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Woo hoo, progress. I'd like to get back to the character information posts, so this is a step forward. Hopefully I can knock some out over the next week.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Updated the away list.
<Afina> Forever.