News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Don't think Eb has yet, no. Correct me if I'm wrong.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Man I forgot all about that! I'll do it after I'm finished the Arborea stuff.

Anastasia

Right. While we're on the subject?

Like with epic feats, it's possible to go nutso with epic magic items if you push things too far. I haven't been strictly enforcing the caster level and spell requirements for making magic items, but I may feel the need to if things go completely out of hand. With the crafting discounts you have and the removal of the 10x multiplier for epic items, you could conceivably do some nutty things. Please keep things within sane bounds. Thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

We're approaching our one year anniversary coming up and still going strong!

Would you guys like me to do anything special for it?

Edit: We started on August 18th or 23rd, need to check directly. Either way it's coming up on a year.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Baleruk's picture updated.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 04, 2012, 10:04:30 PM
We're approaching our one year anniversary coming up and still going strong!

Would you guys like me to do anything special for it?

Edit: We started on August 18th or 23rd, need to check directly. Either way it's coming up on a year.

Could be fun! I dunno though.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Baleruk looks like a sissy dragon in his new picture!

Also, we definitely started on the 23rd, Dune. As for doing something special...it's a thursday, so I won't be here that day. =(

I do have a three-day weekend from the 17th-19th as an alternative! >_>
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

I found the 18th in nagging, but that may have been pushed back. I'm going to use it as the day to observe it since it is a Saturday.

Anyway, that's some interest. Eb and Cor, are you interested in something for that day?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

It did get pushed back. In my own logs, we did the last session of Balmuria 2 on August 19th, and first of Balmuria 3 on the 23rd.

Yuthirin

Yeah, the 23rd is after the new job starts. I'll only be able to do weekend and evening sessions after that.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

I guess if there's something special we can do? What do you mean, exactly?

Merc

*Guesses* He's going to give us an opportunity to capture new traitors and fight more devils!

Anastasia

Just tossing around some ideas for something special and something fun.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Killing important devils is always fun!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

News and notes from around the horn:

I'm brewing up something for the 18th. Back in Planar 1, I celebrated our anniversary by springing for a gift card and some other things. That's not viable due to my job situation, but I'm going to try to do some things to celebrate, as well as set up a surprise or two.  Hopefully.

With our current Wednesday-Sunday schedule, that's five days straight of gaming. That's fun and all, but it can be a bit of a dragon by day 5. If you're here every day and need one off, feel free to say so.

With so many NPCs in play, I try to use simple, effective strokes to make them interesting. In Mirima's case, I rely on the fact she's a adrenaline/excitement junkie. Be it creating drama, seeking physical stimulation (not how it sounds...usually) or being daring, she does it. You may also notice she goes quiet in conversations that don't concern her or where she isn't the center of attention. This is intentional, she's bored but is polite enough around Jaela not to hijack things towards her.

Merc, I'm going to try and catch you tomorrow or Friday night for your scene. Thursday's no good for me. Just a heads up, speak up if neither of these are possible.

I've been reading old B2 logs and it's interesting to see how Sylvie's changed. So much of her typical playfulness isn't there or is submerged. Some of this is due to what's happened to her, but some is due to 21 too. You can't manipulate someone with a lie when you can't lie, so the chance to play it off and charm them never comes up. She's the hardest NPC to RP, since she has a long, complex history. I think her fall from grace, so to speak, let the negative parts of her personality shine through. Usually it was easy enough to overlook them. She's always been a flawed person. On a related tangent that Jaela will approve of, Hanna was probably going to win that interrupted duel against Sylvie. Her AC's a bit too high and can out heal/outlast Sylvie barring a lucky FA string with buffs up. This might change in a level, since I'm still not sure how the hell the factotum capstone will play out. Not that the previous means much, as good guy vs good guy duels aren't really representative of how useful they are to you.

Yuth, I want to finish up your Balmuria sojourn before your new job starts if at all possible. Besides the obvious of wanting to game with you, I'd rather not have this linger forever and Sylvie's in demand lately.

Speaking of AC, several people need to increase theirs already. Adrian comes to mind, as does Sylvie. I've been meaning to the next time they get some gold to spare.

In other news, I've been using staves more lately. Hanna's staff was useful for the sapphire sea and Stille grabbed one of his own. Do you guys particularly like or dislike this trend? They tend to be expensive on the whole, but strike me as being highly useful.
<Afina> Forever.