News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Ebony changes:

Inspire Spellpower became Song of the Heart.
Added a notes section.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Would all of y'all do me a favor and post your plans for the next week and a half? Thanks. A concise list would be useful.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

-Rescue Tannin through diplomacy
-Do other stuff
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

-Look into the rapier
-Go to Celestia
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

-Go to Far Realm and ditch Blade of Endings
-Recon Elven Tree
-Attack Elven Tree
-Go to Celestia for different anti-Destiny weapon
-Become part Earth-Elemental

Of course any of them could take longer, but so it goes.

Corwin

Now that I think about it, going to meet Princess Chan might be a good idea. Are we expected to go see her together?

Ebiris

Lets move Aurora to Air near Chan's place while we're prepping for the Elven Tree attack? We can use that as our base for a little while since we've been stuck on Ysgard for ages.

Corwin

Anastasia

I've had stomach problems the last few days, so certain updates (Aurora topic forces+morale adjustments, character postings and some promised things) are behind schedule. Bear with me.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Todo list for tomorrow:

1. Add soothing wind contingent.
2. Post mage tower information.
3. Buncha DM stuff.
4. Update the Aurora topic some more, it's due.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Griffon! Naming it?

Spoiler: ShowHide
Hit Dice 105hp
Init: +6
Speed: 30ft (land)/80ft (flight, average maneuverability, run 400ft)
Armor Class: 17 normal, 11 touch (-2 flat-footed, 6 natural armor)

Base Attack: +12/+7/+2
CMB: 12+4+1=+17
CMD: 10+17+2=29
Full Attack: +16 bite (2d6+4), +11/+11 claws (1d4+2), +11/+11 rake (1d6+2)

Special Attacks: Pounce, rake 1d6+2
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent

Saves: Fort +7+3, Ref +7+2, Will +3-2
Abilities: STR 18 [+4], DEX 15 [+2], CON 16 [+3], INT 6 [-2], WIS 14 [+2], CHA 8 [-1]

Skills: Knowledge/Planes (11) +9, Spellcraft (8) +10, Survival (15) +17, Use Magic Device (15) +14

Feats: Improved Initiative (lvl1), Track (lvl3), Toughness (lvl6), Run (lvl9), Astral Tracker (lvl12)

Pounce (Ex)
If a griffon dives upon or charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex)
Attack bonus +8 melee, damage 1d6+2.

Skills
Griffons have a +4 racial bonus on Jump and Spot checks.

Astral Tracking: Tracking anyone even on Astral/Survival DC25, tracking a teleportation subschool effect/Survival DC30 (can teleport after them as if having viewed the destination once).

[20:56] <Jaela> roll 11d10 hp
[20:56] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 11d10 hp and gets 47." [11d10=9, 5, 6, 3, 2, 1, 1, 8, 4, 6, 2]

Merc

Ithea's lion, which she shall name... Aslan!

As she said in logs, she doesn't really have a need for a mount though, so she'll offer him to the defense of Aurora in general, specifically to any of the catfolk warriors that would like to pair up with him.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast (Celestial Dire Lion)

Hit Dice: 12d8+48 (109 hp)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40 ft
Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +4 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 13

Base Attack: +12
CMB/CMD:   +21/34
Full Attack: 2 claws +19 melee (1d6+7) and bite +13 melee (1d8+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.

Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Pounce, Rake, Smite Evil 1/day, Mighty Roar
Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Darkvision, Scent, DR 10/magic, Resistance 10 to Acid/Cold/Electricity, SR 17

Saves: Fort +12, Ref +11, Will +9
Abilities: Str 25 (+8), Dex 16 (+3), Con 18 (+4), Int 3 (-4), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10 (+0)
Skills: Hide (0) +3*, Listen (15) +16, Move Silently (0) +7, Spot (15) +16
Feats: Weapon Focus (claw), Improved Initiative, Mighty Roar, Greater Mighty Roar, Ability Focus (Roar)

Special Attacks
[spoiler]Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a dire lion must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Pounce (Ex): If a dire lion charges, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Rake (Ex): Melee attack+18 (Damage 1d6+3).

Smite Evil (Su): Once per day, a celestial creature can make a normal melee attack to deal +12 damage (equal to its HD, maximum of +20) against an evil foe.

Mighty Roar (Feat, Ex): Once per day, as a standard action, you can unleash a roar that affects every opponent within 30 feet of you that can hear your roar and has a character level lower than yours. An affected opponent must make a successful Will save, DC 18 (DC 10 + 1/2 your Hit Dice + your Cha modifier + Ability Focus) to negate the effect. Any opponent that fails, becomes panicked for 2d6 rounds. A panicked creature takes a -2 morale penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks, has a 50% chance to drop what it is holding, and runs away from you as quickly as it can.

Miscellaneous
Racial: Dire lions have +4 racial to Hide/Move Silently, Hide bonus improves to +8 in tall grass/heavy undergrowth

Hit Die:
<Ithea> roll 11d8
* Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls 11d8 and gets 53." [11d8=7, 5, 6, 5, 4, 8, 5, 4, 7, 1, 1]
[/spoiler]
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

-Welcome Lillend contingent when it arrives
-Spend more time getting to know various members of the Aurora
-Give Dana a proper education, even if it kills her.
-Muirfinn lacks anything truly pressing within the next two weeks, aside from knocking over the Elven Tree. Actually, now that I think about it, figuring out what the hell is going on with the direction of energy there would be great if I can. Doing that would effectively hamstring the site's main defensive weapon and allow us to move in and occupy the place long enough to consecrate the shit out of it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

What enhancement value does Afame count as for purposes of costing additional enhancements?

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on September 09, 2012, 08:55:12 AM
What enhancement value does Afame count as for purposes of costing additional enhancements?

Spitballing it, I'm going to call it +13. I'll revisit this in the morning for a more precise working, but it's going to come down to fiat since some of its abilities don't have anything close to it.
<Afina> Forever.