News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 30, 2015, 11:49:19 PM
We can try to rally the heavens for a crusade ala Warhammer 40k style.

Always an option. The problem is that The Father is designed to be a mortal problem. Bringing outsiders powerful enough to threaten him to the Prime - where he's likely going to manifest based on his cursed nature - does as much damage as The Father. Just in different ways.

So it's a matter of finding the right sorts to do so.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on January 30, 2015, 11:53:29 PM

Always an option. The problem is that The Father is designed to be a mortal problem. Bringing outsiders powerful enough to threaten him to the Prime - where he's likely going to manifest based on his cursed nature - does as much damage as The Father. Just in different ways.

I didn't mean call the gods in themselves, exactly. More like, "Send us your legions!"
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 30, 2015, 11:51:37 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on January 30, 2015, 11:48:13 PM
BONUS CHANCE! BONUS CHANCE!

We're really behind in logs. So I'm going to offer this: If someone catches the logs up to the end of the Kina-ja fight, they will unlock a special, solo quest for themselves. This quest will have a chance for a great reward or two.
I can't since most of my logs are locked up on my desktop, which is currently sitting derelict in a corner of my bedroom.

What happened to your desktop, anyway? Died or just not using it right now?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on January 30, 2015, 11:51:32 PM
QuoteAlso, whatever it was that escaped/got freed/made a mess of things when Ithea initially went on that quest and caused it to go on hiatus. I forget the exact details.

Be a little more specific?

[22:17] <Ithea> "Got involved after we killed some crazy sapphire dragon. The dragon was apparently guarding some old prison and she overloaded the dragon in a blast of elemental power that took out 27, released a horde of abishai, and almost broke that prison. Hanna and I did some patchwork repairs on it, but we're going to have to talk to Lady Sunnis about that at some point," Ithea explains.
[22:18] <Ithea> "Prison is only patched up, and there's a valeoloth loose that might want to try and break it again to free its master," Ithea adds to the cheery details.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 30, 2015, 11:51:56 PM
This was actually my entire plan.

Pretty much. To touch on Iddy's post, an army isn't that effective against the Father. Most are going to be stricken mad by the sight of him, and even if not, mundane soldiers won't do much meaningful for him except be a snack. Legions of 10 HD angels aren't worth much if they go insane on seeing him or fail to do anything but get eaten.

It's all relative. For your fight against Kina-ja, Syala didn't have you rally an army together. She loaned you Antenora, one of Sylica's strongest warriors. She has the ability, means and power to compete with a horror like Kina-ja or The Father. A typical army isn't going to have that.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on January 30, 2015, 11:55:10 PM

We're really behind in logs. So I'm going to offer this: If someone catches the logs up to the end of the Kina-ja fight, they will unlock a special, solo quest for themselves. This quest will have a chance for a great reward or two.
I can't since most of my logs are locked up on my desktop, which is currently sitting derelict in a corner of my bedroom.

I'll have to search, but I should be able to do the logs at some point. I tend to leave IRC running all the time, and even when I went on vacation I had it running.

Not something I have time to do right now though.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on January 30, 2015, 11:55:45 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on January 30, 2015, 11:51:32 PM
QuoteAlso, whatever it was that escaped/got freed/made a mess of things when Ithea initially went on that quest and caused it to go on hiatus. I forget the exact details.

Be a little more specific?

[22:17] <Ithea> "Got involved after we killed some crazy sapphire dragon. The dragon was apparently guarding some old prison and she overloaded the dragon in a blast of elemental power that took out 27, released a horde of abishai, and almost broke that prison. Hanna and I did some patchwork repairs on it, but we're going to have to talk to Lady Sunnis about that at some point," Ithea explains.
[22:18] <Ithea> "Prison is only patched up, and there's a valeoloth loose that might want to try and break it again to free its master," Ithea adds to the cheery details.

Oh, the valeoloth. Yeah, he's around and doing something. Trying to find him could be a thing, certainly.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on January 30, 2015, 11:57:49 PM

I'll have to search, but I should be able to do the logs at some point. I tend to leave IRC running all the time, and even when I went on vacation I had it running.

Not something I have time to do right now though.

Awesome. Let me know if it's going to happen, Ithea.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'm not asking for legions of angels. I'm just asking for their mortal servants.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

I was using the TV as a monitor. We got a new (HUGE) couch, and it's no longer a workable setup.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 31, 2015, 12:00:12 AM

I'm not asking for legions of angels. I'm just asking for their mortal servants.

Oh sure, I know that, even though I used angels as the example. Just easier to use that than armies of mortals in the example.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 31, 2015, 12:01:22 AM

I was using the TV as a monitor. We got a new (HUGE) couch, and it's no longer a workable setup.

Ooooh. Well, if that changes and you want to do them, feel free for the bonus chance.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I can do it slowly over the course of the next month or two, putting up 2-3 logs a weekend or something. Don't really have the patience/time to do a whole bunch of logs at once, especially not 6+ months of logs (that'd be 50+ logs missing, I think?).

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on January 31, 2015, 12:02:42 AM
I can do it slowly over the course of the next month or two, putting up 2-3 logs a weekend or something. Don't really have the patience/time to do a whole bunch of logs at once, especially not 6+ months of logs (that'd be 50+ logs missing, I think?).

Sure. Any would be appreciated, Merc.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Another possible quest thing:
I know that Balyss and Sylvie just LOVE slaad dungeons!

I'm sure that Muirfinn and Lief would like to enjoy the experience as well?