News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

I'd suggested #2 previously because it seems the easiest.

It's an active thread, and just keep the sub-board for logging, ie when we want to start a new thread to keep a thread from getting too bloated or because there's a natural break between encounters/adventures.

I can live with #1, but I would prefer #2 personally.

I don't feel like #3 is warrented.

I don't have any other #4+ thoughts.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

1 or 2 is fine, none others appeal
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on November 07, 2015, 02:33:42 PMPeople, please remember to include the requested information in your posts. HP, armor class, ect.

I'm hoping that's more towards Yuth/Iddy than me, otherwise would it be acceptable to continue only post/update that information once every thread page or thereabouts, like what I've been doing?

I don't want to copy/paste/update spoiler box every post I make or even every time I use something/take damage. That's just going to make PBP super annoying.

As epic characters, there's way too much to track and options we can use, and having to update the spoiler box every time is just blegh. Or if I'm posting too much info in the spoiler box, let me know that too, but that seems to cover the relevant info for Ithea, and that's without me having to start having to track bonuses from feats like me giving bonuses from taking AoOs or whatnot.

"OOC: Ithea's Combat Stats": ShowHide

HP: 329/346
AC: 56 , 39 (Touch), 56 (Flat-footed), 77 (CMD)
Qualities: DR 10/silver, SR 34, Darkvision, Low-Light Vision, +4 CMD vs Trip/Overrun/Bullrush, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge

Abilities:
Racial: Healing Touch 0/1,
Rogue: Mimic 0/1,
Factotum: Inspiration 0/6, Nerveskitter 0/1, Heroics 0/1, Piety 0/9
Duskblade: Attunement 1/14, Quick Cast 1/4
Feats: Chaos Devotion 0/1
Gear: Counterstrike 0/2, Greatreach 0/3, Reciprocate 0/2, Haste 0/10 (rounds), Daylight 0/1, See Invis 0/1, +2d6 electric damage 0/3

Spells:
Lv 0 - 0/6
Lv 1 - 1/23
Lv 2 - 0/23
Lv 3 - 1/23
Lv 4 - 0/18
Lv 5 - 2/14

Yuthirin

Quote from: Merc on November 07, 2015, 03:03:05 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 07, 2015, 02:33:42 PMPeople, please remember to include the requested information in your posts. HP, armor class, ect.

I'm hoping that's more towards Yuth than me,

This is especially embarrassing since I posted about it earlier.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Sample of a new post style I'm going to do for ongoing situations/things to remember on post based gaming.

--

Conditions: Ongoing heat damage (10d6 a round), astral flight (10ft speed per point of Intelligence, perfect maneuverability), automatic spell quickening, timelessness.

Blah blah blah devil fortress blah blah blah boom.

---

This look like it'll be helpful?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Yes, it is.

I hadn't even realized it was magical darkness actually.

I just thought darkness, I have darkvision, it's okay! Somehow the thought of magical darkness didn't even register.

Anastasia

I mentioned it in text, but the delay (relative to IRC's pace) had it slither out of mind. No big deal, it's a learning experience.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

So we have a steam pixie making her terrifying presence known.

1. Eb, the party's gained two levels, so Afina gains the same.

2. Before you change anything, copy your sheet over to the Coda character sheet topic. Keep an unaltered version of your sheet in the old PCs topic for the sake of record keeping.

3. Afina's wealth and items have not changed. This isn't wholly accurate to what would have happened, but the perils of being an NPC. Besides, you're still going to be ahead of the curve anyway.

4. You won't be joining the immediate topic that's active right now. Exactly what you'll be doing and how that'll weave into the others will be seen in time.

5. Remember to use old gestalt instead of the newer version we've been using. This means save and BAB boosts (though epic saves are in play now, so that slows down).
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina takes 2 levels of firesoul mage and 2 levels of scout for +2d8hp, +2 bab, +1 all saves, +2 sr, battle fortitude +2, +10 movement, +1 ac in skirmish, scout bonus feat (great fortitude), advanced learning (meteor swarm), burning penetration +4, fire shield. Also now at sorc level 20 for spells getting +1 8th level and +2 9th level spells known, taking greater planar binding (and swapping 6th level planar binding for fires of purity), awaken construct, and mage's disjunction. And skills. Lots of skills.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on November 10, 2015, 01:08:25 PM
So we have a steam pixie making her terrifying presence known.

Neato! Welcome back aboard!

Anastasia

Yes. First steam pixie topic will be in a day or so, pending Eb reading most of the Coda. Her first topic will be a warm up disconnected from things, a chance to do things while the rest of the party sorts out that mission they're on. The actual mission Jaela and Afina are running will be largely handwaved, as it was intended to be in the first place. I won't stick Eb with that, plus it would take me a lot of prep.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I'm up to you guys voluntarily getting melted by the spawn of jormungandr's poison.

For shame not bringing Dana along on that one!

Merc

I'm sure Lief spent an afternoon just waxing about the sensation of being turned into jelly to Dana by means of epic snake poison in the purpliest prose he knows.

Anastasia

Yeah, Dana really missed her chance there. Alas.
<Afina> Forever.