Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Both of those places can also deal with that issue.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Balyss reaches level 22!

- Silverstar 12 and Favored Soul 22.
- 2 on a d8 for a total of 8 hit points and a grand total of 228 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 18.
- Moon hand increases to +4 shocking burst. This is a +1 rise to her enhancement bonus. Nice on paper but Balyss rarely melees.
- Energy resistance boost. She'll raise fire by 10 to a total of 20. Makes the most sense since her enemies are devils.
- Balyss now casts as a 22nd level cleric. She gets 1 10th level spell slot. She selects quickened heal.
- Balyss now casts as a 22nd level favored soul. She gets (because I accidentally used the wrong table and shorted her last level) 3 10th level spells. She selects energy immunity, mass freedom of movement and curse of inadequacy.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.

Okay level for her. 22 tends to be a down level for almost everyone due to the structure of things.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 08, 2015, 01:36:32 PM
Both of those places can also deal with that issue.

This is true, but just worth mentioning.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

We'll turn her into a Chaotic Good engine of destruction soon enough!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Scary.

Yuth, check your PMs.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Corwin

I'll angle for such a quest as soon as we have the chance for it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Time for Yuth's sheet audit.

0. Todo: Epic psion power point progression. This reminds me. I did it by hand for Pistis Sophia and I have the notes there, so I can figure it out fairly quickly.

1. A few notes on mindsight. It provides a fairly steady flow of information (int scores and type of creatures within range), so don't be afraid to poke me in PM if I don't provide that. Secondly, these rulings from houserules relate to mindsight.

Quote3. Adjudicating Mindsight: Mindsight is foiled by mind blank. In addition, a ring of mind shielding or any other effect that explicitly stops mind reading stops mindsight.
25: Darkstalker stops mindsight and other rare, unusual forms of sensing. It's meant to be encompassing, so I give it credit versus random ways ot detect things from other splatbooks.

Antenora in B1 uses mindsight, so this has come up. Heads up.

2. Walk me through how your feats combo? I'm not as well versed on psionics as other things, so a run through would be helpful.
3. You can take sneak attack instead of sudden strike. Your choice on that.
4. Incarnate is essentially psionic permanency, right? I'd have it follow the same rules as that spell.
5. Temporal acceleration would work through speed and not actual time shenanigans. Flavor issue there, doesn't impact the mechanics.
6. Bend reality and reality revision would use the rules for limited wish and wish, since they're essentially the same thing.
7. True mind switch has a hefty XP penalty and all sorts of ways to get up to no good with it. I have all sorts of reservations since it doesn't translate well. Is this a big part of your build or gimmick?
8. The power transfer ability of psychic chirurgery is problematic for a few reasons. First of all, psionics are rare in Balmuria. You won't have many chances to use it. The fact that Aurora has two manifesters (Dana and Morniel) is more than usual*. Secondly, trading XP for permanent new powers known breaks down a bit when you convert XP to GP costs. I'm not entirely sure how to handle this offhand, so I'm open to suggestions.
9. Do note there's an epic psionics tab over in the epic rules thread. Click here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103118.msg1051200.html#msg1051200 Notably, epic psionics aren't well developed, as I rarely use them. There's a few powers (check the sheets of Pistis Sophia and Debonah in characters and monsters) but it's largely a blank slate. More immediately relevant is the epic manifesting feat and extend power point progression. More annoyingly, I don't have epic psion's power point progression handy. I have the math I did for Pistis Sophia's power point total, so it won't be hard to recreate.
10. I don't really see the point of preserve ectoplasm. Care to elaborate?
11. What does that third eye item do? Also note that psionic items are really rare, so buying any you need in chargen would be wise.
12. Go ahead and walk me through your build. How does it work? What are the combos? How does it all tie together?

* The majority of manifesters in Creation are minor ones. They have the hidden talent feat (example: Helena in B5) and a single power that they likely don't know is psionic in nature. Of the rest, they have levels in classes that grant manifesting. This is more common in immortal creatures, as they're the only ones likely to have the knowledge base to recognize psionic talent for what it is. Magic largely overshadows psionics in this campaign, and the high amount of magic/psionic transparency I use enables this further.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 08, 2015, 02:58:05 PM
I'll angle for such a quest as soon as we have the chance for it.

Cool, so noted.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Todo list:

0. Posting.
1. Level up Balyss.

2. Level up Vul'lath.
3. Yuth sheet audit.
4. Coordinate with Iddy, get his PC work rolling.
5. See what other NPCs need to be brought over and leveled up. Possibilities include Tannin, Arrel, Jarl, 27 (a simple copy/paste job since he doesn't level up as standard), Drena, The Master, Morniel, Ilsenine, Gisfal, Stille, Mei, Rosa, Mirajane. If you have someone you think you'll want to have around or use, say so and I'll bump the up. Finnegan also needs a copy/paste if he's going to be used.
6. Rebuild Canderella. Just think she could use a rework. Thunderborn was a nice idea at the time, but I don't think it holds up well.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Dune, this can be done this weekend or whenever you have a day off, but it looks like the site where I was pulling Fatesinger from isn't up anymore. I'd rather not just pick a totally different class but maybe make a PrC using it as the base. Maybe we can work on it sometime when you don't have 60 other things to do.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 08, 2015, 03:32:00 PM
Dune, this can be done this weekend or whenever you have a day off, but it looks like the site where I was pulling Fatesinger from isn't up anymore. I'd rather not just pick a totally different class but maybe make a PrC using it as the base. Maybe we can work on it sometime when you don't have 60 other things to do.

How much of Fatesinger do you still have?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Dune, need a couple quick class features for beguiler 21/22 made. I'd like to request Hide In Plain Sight be one of them. Additionally, as a heads up, I'll be taking Epic Spell Casting for my next open feat, so I'll need an epic Beguiler spell list.

Other than that and some equipment stuff, I think the sheet I have spoiler hidden is good for an audit.

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

I need to make epic beguiler, expect that in a day or two.

Noted on the rest.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on December 08, 2015, 03:37:05 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on December 08, 2015, 03:32:00 PM

How much of Fatesinger do you still have?

If you mean to take as levels? 6, which would put it at 8.