News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Can that bonus feat also be an Epic feat?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

IT would be an epic bonus feat from the list of them, yes. It's not included yet and will be in the full writeup.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

There are epic psionic feats on the SRD! Improved Metapsionics is what I'm currently eyeing, but if you have more coming I'll wait!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

If I took Awaken Frightful Presence, what kind of interaction would it have with Horrific Aura?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 10, 2015, 06:08:46 PM
Also, due to Magic/Psionics Transparency rules, would the Share Spells familiar ability also work with manifested powers?

Also reminder of this.

Ebiris

How do mobile demi planes count for planar mechanics?  If Sylvie dies will she respawn on Aurora or the positive energy plane? Should my Shredstorms have gotten Aurora traits via planar bubble? And if we go to Balmuria is Simmer safe inside Aurora or will she get pancaked against a wall when we go through the portal?

Yuthirin

Can't we circumvent that by just summoning her there or something? I remember reading that somewhere.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 11, 2015, 01:22:46 AM
There are epic psionic feats on the SRD! Improved Metapsionics is what I'm currently eyeing, but if you have more coming I'll wait!

It'll mostly be the same as the SRD version.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on December 11, 2015, 01:26:36 AM
If I took Awaken Frightful Presence, what kind of interaction would it have with Horrific Aura?

I believe (without checking, could be wrong) that frightful presence is better. That aura would override the one from horrific aura. However, you'd still be able to use horrific aura's touch attack. In the event that frightful presence isn't better, horrific aura would override it instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 11, 2015, 01:37:48 AM
Also, due to Magic/Psionics Transparency rules, would the Share Spells familiar ability also work with manifested powers?

Also reminder of this.

I'll allow it for now, see if that's remotely balanced or not. I may nix this if I feel it isn't.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on December 11, 2015, 04:21:18 AM
How do mobile demi planes count for planar mechanics?  If Sylvie dies will she respawn on Aurora or the positive energy plane? Should my Shredstorms have gotten Aurora traits via planar bubble? And if we go to Balmuria is Simmer safe inside Aurora or will she get pancaked against a wall when we go through the portal?

Her plane of origin is unclear right now, her current objective is to figure out which one it is. On the ball for noticing that, and if it is Aurora, how that works will be explored IC. Shredstorms get whatever plane they were on when they were created, Air I believe?

Normally, Simmer being present would prevent the vehicle from entering that material plane. If a sufficiently powerful thing (such as a mobile, weaponized demiplane like Aurora) tried to drag her in, she'd get ejected into the Astral. If she was also banned from the Astral, she'd simply be destroyed with no save (one of the extremely few ways to hit ID in Balmuria) and reform on Fire.

Summoning doesn't get around being banned from a plane. It's rare to summon a particular outside instead of generic ones (ala summon monster or similar spells), so this rarely comes up. Doubly so since dying as a summoned creature doesn't count.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 11, 2015, 10:29:08 AM
Quote from: Yuthirin on December 11, 2015, 01:37:48 AM

Also reminder of this.

I'll allow it for now, see if that's remotely balanced or not. I may nix this if I feel it isn't.

I only plan to really use it to keep us alive. Sharing movement & defensive powers. I specifically did not take powers like Assimilate to avoid the ridiculousness.

Anastasia

Mirajane will be a little bit, as I never did her spells. I'll do her levels up and then tackle that behemoth.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Mirajane reaches level 21!

- Divine oracle 11 and sentinel 20.
- 9 on a d10 for a total of 16 hit points and a grand total of 271 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 21.
- +1 spell resistance.
- Another use of smite evil. Always handy.
- Another use of atonement.
- +1 to trap sense. Exciting. By the way, I never did an epic divine oracle. Doesn't matter for this since the bonuses are easy to infer, but I'll do that sometime soon.
- No change to saves.
- Rewrote visions. No change, just cleaned it up. I rushed Mirajane a bit and it shows.

Okay level. Very transitional.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Mirajane reaches level 22!

- Divine oracle 12 and sentinel 21.
- 5 on a d10 for a total of 12 hit points and a grand total of 283 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 22.
- +1 to spell resistance.
- No epic sentinel, adding that to the todo list. It's a blank level for that anyway.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Added her level 21 feat, epic spell capacity. Whoops. I may change this once I do her spells and see how they shape up, but it's a fine placeholder.

Meh level. Spells and Medi bonuses for her in the next post.
<Afina> Forever.