Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Faerie Dragon's Guile [General]
Prerequisite: Faerie dragon, able to cast invisibility as a spell-like ability, spellcraft 10 ranks, cha 17.
Benefit: You may choose to cast greater invisibility as a spell-like ability in place of invisibility.

Faerie Dragon's Trickery [Epic]
Prerequisite: Faerie Dragon's Guile, spellcraft 15 ranks
Benefit: You may choose to cast superior invisibility as a spell-like ability in place of invisibility.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Yuth, epic psion is up over in rules and setting's homebrew thread. Let me know what you think.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

If we have skilled NPCs we can spare on this during the whole integration of cloud castle thing, how about any of these Aurora buffs:

Add long range Analyze Portal capacity(Allows Analyze Portal results from the nearest portal when detected): 55,000 gold; 2 DC 30 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 30 K:P check; 7 days

Sending Orbs(Planar sending, allows sendings at will from various points in Aurora): 100,000 gold; 1 DC 35 spellcraft check; 1 DC 35 K:A check, 1 DC 35 K:P check; 5 days.

Disjunction trap for the gates, fires before the magic missiles (CL 20): 100,000 gold; 2 DC 35 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 35 K:A check; 6 days.

Repair training rooms: 30,000 gold; 2 DC 30 K:A checks; 1 DC 32 K:A&E check; 4 days.

And there's Muirfinn's will:

Create Worldmeet Glade: 75,000 gold; 3 DC 40 K:N checks; 1 DC 35 K:A&E check; 5 days.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Merc

Ithea would agree with Muirfinn's will, repairing training rooms and disjunction trap. Would probably suggest for the holy power enchantments as defenses. Also, if we're going to be raiding Lixer's holdings, we're probably going to be facing a lot of debuffs, so the Healer's Ward probably should be included. Notably, we do have lightning traps in the courtyard in place already so that might be lower priority.

Set up holy power styled trap in the courtyard, 3d6 damage: 45,000 gold; 5 DC 30 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 30 K:R checks; 7 days.

Set up outer walls to project holy power: 50,000 gold, 5 DC 32 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 45 K:A&E checks; 3 days.

Healer's Ward repairs(Better healing facilities; 5% discount on expensive healing spells such as restoration): 30,000 gold; 1 DC 25 spellcraft check; 1 DC 25 C:A check; 6 days.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Holy damage trap for the courtyard is better, but it'd take us ages to get it to the level of elec or fire, so that's more longer term.

Healer Ward stuff sounds cool, but we're talking 5% discount on like 100gp. I honestly think that if we reserve those 30k for Restoration material components they'll never run out. Now, if it also opens new healing options for our troops or raises morale, that's another thing entirely!

Good catch on the outer walls holy power thing, although I'd want it to be clearer just what it'd actually do and how far the projection would go.

Realistically, we have a week or so before we go after Lixer, so with that time in mind... Glade? Disjunction on the gates? Holy Outer Walls?

Nephrite

Moore will offer his services if available to motivate and inspire them into creating these additions, for what it's worth.

Merc

Counting Muirfinn's money and taking out the cost of the glade, Aurora funds are 223,621.7 gp

Disjunction+Training rooms lowers the funds to 93,621.72 gp

Ithea's got 39.4k and if needed, she can add to the Aurora funds.

So in addition to Disjunction Trap+Training Room+Glade, we could get:
* Sending Orbs + Healer Ward
* Analyze Portal + Holy Courtyard + Healer Ward
* Analyze Portal + Holy Walls + Healer Ward (if someone adds at least 2k to Aurora funds)

Even though that's a lot of stuff, I don't think you really need the same people to do them, and we probably have enough workers to do anything we want within the week.

Corwin

Excellent point. Besides, good rolls can lower the cost.
Still think we need the Healer Ward? What do you think it would be good for?

Moore, find out why the pixies are emo and what makes them happiest!

Merc

If it's just the 5% cost reduction, we probably don't really need it.

I guess we should see if Dune thinks there's any morale bonuses out of it or if there's more to it than just the 5% cost reduction.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 11, 2015, 03:26:25 PM
Yuth, epic psion is up over in rules and setting's homebrew thread. Let me know what you think.

Looks good!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

Dune, what about the Mind-Affecting thing? Also for the Awaken Frightful Presence, would the HD be just my 8 levels of Dragon, or would it be my full 23 levels?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Mourning

This book is a collection of funeral and mourning rites from across Creation. It touches on things of interest small and wide and a few noteworthy ones are discussed below. In addition, this book grants a +3 circumstance bonus to any Knowledge (Religion) checks for funeral rites.

Fall Mourning: After the series of falls that saw celestials such as Eblis and Triel plunge into the Hells, all the Heavens united in a year of mourning. Celestials across Creation offered prayers and sacrifices up so that those hurt by the fallen would be restored, while the fallen themselves would see past their sin and seek atonement. It is noted that legend says many newly fallen were moved by this display and found the courage to face their sin. Mortals lost in wickedness who saw the mourning were moved to better themselves, while even fiends found it difficult to mock or interfere with the displays.

Cantrum's Wake: It is an obscure and hidden fact of diabolical lore that the Dark Ministry lost its great founder (and the council has only had eight members since that day) soon after its creation. It is said that a brave paladin descended into Nessus and confronted the Dark Ministry, ultimately overcoming Cantrum. While the paladin's fate is unclear, what is clear is the reaction. In the face of massive losses in morale due to this stunning development, all of Hell was forced to visit a monument to Cantrum - the paladin's weapon, left behind in the battle. The weapon itself (and what type of weapon it is) is lost to history, but it is said that it is either a weapon capable of overthrowing any tyrant or it has been corrupted into a tool to strengthen Hell further.

The Last Tear: It is the fate of mortal worlds to end. Prime Materials rise and fall in the fullness of time. When a world ends, it is held that all the divine gathers for a day of mourning. Here the world is eulogized. Oghma listens to all of them and records them, so that knowledge of that world will never be lost. Selune and Lathander cover themselves in veils during this time, as the sun and moon will never again shine on those lands. Grumbar turns the earth of the realm to dust, Istishia summons away what water is left, Kossuth takes the final embers away to burn in Fire and finally Akadi takes the winds, so that only void remains. Shar then comes and claims the nothingness, until Lathander and then all the other deities of life rebuke her, creating a new world. In the background of all of this, gentle Eldath cries a single tear as she remembers the world lost. This tear is said to float above the dead Prime, a monument to what was.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, one note. If you wanna upgrade Aurora that's fine, but be aware Morniel's due back in a week. Time is an issue here if you want to strike at Taelfagn or Lixer promptly.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on December 11, 2015, 06:18:26 PM
Dune, what about the Mind-Affecting thing? Also for the Awaken Frightful Presence, would the HD be just my 8 levels of Dragon, or would it be my full 23 levels?

Epic Cloaked Casting [Epic]
Prerequisite: Cloaked casting (overcome SR), int 19
Benefit: Your spells affected by cloaked casting can alter the minds of those normally immune. A mind-affecting spell cast through cloaked casting can affect a creature immune to mind-affecting effects, though they gain a +5 bonus to any saving throw.

Something like this. I need to fine tune the language (and I will once I get epic beguiler up), but that's the intent.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on December 11, 2015, 06:54:15 PM
Okay, one note. If you wanna upgrade Aurora that's fine, but be aware Morniel's due back in a week. Time is an issue here if you want to strike at Taelfagn or Lixer promptly.
Could you confirm if the upgrading the Healer Ward will have any impacts besides the 5% discount like morale or such?

Also, it's been a while, but what causes us to take extra days on repairs, just bad rolls (1s pretty much are what would cause us to fail DCs I think) or anything else? Would delays go past a single day? Weeks? With rolling good, can we shorten the time? Can we shorten the time any other way (more money for example)?

There's two upgrades that take 7 days, and two that take 6 days. Not to concerned with timing for the others. Those four might be ones where those kinds of questions can matter.