News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

That line reads so much better with your avatar.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Canderella is feeling oddly snubbed here. Succubus + marshal levels and nothing? Brutal.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

I hadn't even realized she had marshall levels. I just thought it was Moore. I suppose Candy -is- prettier than Moore.

Corwin

To be fair, he could've gotten every single class from her, if that's how these things work.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

If that's how it works. Stille is capable of taking classes for the sake of taking them. Really!
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

10 Ways To Win

This book claims to have 10 secrets to win at anything you wish. The actual details are somewhat obscured by the text, telling enough to tease without spilling anything concrete. There's information here, but the author has clearly gone to a lot of trouble to hide it. Make and post an Intelligence check, Jaela.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Cor, quick question. Do you have ranks in a skill related to art (craft, profession) or an ability tied to it at all?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Sadly no. I do have a high cha and a spell that boosts any skill that I've used to emulate performance. But it'd be cool to branch out!

Corwin

5:56 PM <Tifa> roll 1d20+7+2 int, good hope
5:56 PM <Serith> Tifa roll for Serith < 28 > [d20=19]

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 15, 2015, 11:43:37 AM
Sadly no. I do have a high cha and a spell that boosts any skill that I've used to emulate performance. But it'd be cool to branch out!

Unlocking Your Inner Artist

This book is an illustrated guide to getting in touch with your inner artist. It provides starting exercises to identify artistic talent and nurture it. It's filled with examples of starting artist's work and how they can improve it further. It's a fun read that has Jaela digging up some colored ink and quills, drawing along at the book's instruction. Painting, drawing, sketching all follows in a wonderful day of fun. It's nothing great, for all her talent she's still raw, but she feels like she's made something worthwhile. The book ends on a note that matches that, encouraging you to keep going and nurturing the talent you've awoken.

Jaela gains 2 ranks in craft(painting).
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 15, 2015, 11:56:38 AM
5:56 PM <Tifa> roll 1d20+7+2 int, good hope
5:56 PM <Serith> Tifa roll for Serith < 28 > [d20=19]

Ah, you see now. There is no great lesson here. You decode the book's chapters and means, discovering a cipher hidden within. When used and applied at the points indicated, you get the following message:

"There are no shortcuts or secrets to success. Success depends on the confidence to succeed and the talent you have. If you're reading this, you've proven that you deserve to be confident and have the talent to triumph. There is nothing more to teach you. The world is your oyster, go!"
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Feline Digest

This is an adorable book full of cat stories and little inset illustrations of felines. There's nothing special here, just lighthearted material to brighten the darkest day. Cute kittens play in innocent stories. Mature cats get up to all sorts of hijinks that work out in the end. Ithea feels much better after reading it, as well as uplifted. Perhaps Sharess approves of your reading material?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Unarmed Mastery

This book is about heayv mace tecnique. When read, it explains how to use heavy maces in detail, showing all manner of tricks, techniques and skills. The exact benefit varies on how skilled the reader is with heavy maces. See the table below.

Non-proficient: Gain Simple Weapon Proficiency (Heavy Mace) as a bonus feat.
Proficient: Gain Weapon Focus(Heavy Mace) as a bonus feat.
Proficient+Weapon Focus(Heavy Mace): Gain Clobbering.

Clobbering (Ex)

As a full round action, you can make a single attack at your full base attack bonus. You gain greater returns on power attack with this attack. You gain twice the number you subtract from your attack roll as a bonus to damage rolls, and triple if you wield the mace with two hands. This stacks with other means to increase your power attack damage, such as the favored power attack feat.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Corwin on December 15, 2015, 03:07:46 PM
Please let me borrow it!

Sure, you can read all about the cute and cuddly kitties.

Can I borrow Unlocking Your Inner Artist? I will pick up the art of magical origami!

Quote from: Anastasia on December 15, 2015, 03:20:34 PM
Unarmed Mastery

...did you mean Heavy Mace Mastery?