News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

[23:25] <Nephrite> roll 1d20
[23:25] <Serith> Nephrite roll for Serith < 13 > [d20=13]

Corwin

[07:09] <Franceska> roll 1d20 B3
[07:09] <Serith> Franceska roll for Serith < 15 > [d20=15]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Low is good, we're rolling for our rank in the official Aurora popularity contest, so Surrurathru is guaranteed to get a route in the new expansion.

Isn't it sad, Jaela?

Corwin

I'll console myself by being badass  :)

the promised route never comes

Anastasia

Congratulations, Cor. For rolling first place, you get one of the following choices.

1. What's this? Filbrez finds some new merchandise in stock.
2. Grenalous has a breakthrough with his alchemy.
3. Vel has an unexpected windfall of extra books.
4. Creasea is cooking up new dishes like crazy.
5. Azuril has been making the most fabulous clothes lately.

Merry Christmas.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

A shocking and unexpected choice. I'll post when they're up.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Expect Calleigh to be a regular in Azuril's shop.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Salamander Studies

This book is an extensive study of salamanders. It focuses on salamander biology, then social make up, religion and finally their place in Fire. A few interesting facts in particular stand out.

- Salamanders produce asexually, laying larvae every 10 years. These larvae are prized by certain spellcasters, as they are potent optional material components to any spell with the fire descriptor. The larvae of a flamebrother salamander grants a +1 bonus to the caster level of a spell with the fire descriptor, while the larvae of an average salamander grants a +2 bonus. The larvae of a noble salamander grants a +4 bonus and a +1 bonus to each damage die of the spell, if it inflicts fire damage. Using the larvae for such destroys it, so salamanders guard their larvae ferociously.

- A typical salamander city is a blazing city of metal on Fire. They are separated into three castes that match the three castes of typical salamanders. Further divisions exist depending on variants and specialties. Most cities focus on blacksmithing, armorsmithing and weaponsmithing, as salamanders are excellent at all three fields. The works of experienced noble salamanders rival that of the efreet, though they are generally less well known across the planes. Any magical weapon a salamander makes has the flaming special quality. Likewise, any magical armor they make has resistance to cold 10.

- Salamanders are not terribly religious. Respect is given to Kossuth, who they view as the father of Fire. Worship of Imix is tolerated, though the salamander clergy of Kossuth bitterly opposes it. Homage to Zaaman Rul is extremely rare, only legal due to the fact it is so obscure to the salamanders. A salamander who reveres Zaaman Rul is likely to go join his crusade to cleanse Fire rather than stay with the other salamanders. Any veneration of the Sultan of the Efreet (or Eblis, by connection to him and the fact that they are often mistaken for one another) is sharply forbidden, as it is seen as submitting to being slaves to the efreet.

- In general, salamanders attempt to stay independent on Fire. They resist the efreet, deal with devils as best they can and enslave azer when possible. They deal with the fire elementals as any other race on Fire does - using them when helpful, fighting them when harmful and ignoring them otherwise. Salamanders see the efreet as both rivals and as dangerous foes, ones who threaten to enslave them for the glory of the efreet race. While the salamanders lack the might to wage war on the genies of fire, they are sufficiently powerful to resist attempts at subjugation.

-
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Bats and Bat-like Things

A study of wooden sticks called bats. These are used in sports and occasionally as weapons (essentially a club). This is a loving guide to bats, as well has how to make them and how to appraise them. Three hundred pages of the most sincere and researched knowledge of bats you could ever imagine. There's twenty pages about wood grains and how they affect bats. Forty pages on polishing your bat. It even goes into things like bats - clubs, maces, sticks, rods, staffs. It compares them all to bats and patiently explains why each is inferior.  By the time it's done, you know far too much about bats for your taste.

On the plus side, it is a lot of practical information about how to fight with bats clubs. Surraruthru gains weapon focus(club) as a bonus feat.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 25, 2015, 12:09:18 PM
Bats and Bat-like Things

A study of wooden sticks called bats. These are used in sports and occasionally as weapons (essentially a club). This is a loving guide to bats, as well has how to make them and how to appraise them. Three hundred pages of the most sincere and researched knowledge of bats you could ever imagine. There's twenty pages about wood grains and how they affect bats. Forty pages on polishing your bat. It even goes into things like bats - clubs, maces, sticks, rods, staffs. It compares them all to bats and patiently explains why each is inferior.  By the time it's done, you know far too much about bats for your taste.

On the plus side, it is a lot of practical information about how to fight with bats clubs. Surraruthru gains weapon focus(club) as a bonus feat.

This legit made me laugh for like ten minutes.