Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Well, to figure out that for Tryll, I'd really need to define the Irrigo, his race. Later.

As for Calleigh, I did my best (Long before I had this idea. This started today.) to take what I imagined courres to be and have tried to distill it into Calleigh. Raw joyfulness, irrepressible cheer, pleasantly irritating, and a riot of color and love. I'm doing my best to make her a courre among courres, so to speak; so she'd already qualify there. I think.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yeah, you do. Takes more work there.

As for Calleigh, she feels very courre-like. On the hyperactive side of it, but that's fine. A courre isn't wholly defined but what they are, each has their own traits and quirks.

That aside, how would you do this mechanically? A prestige class? Some way of gaining the template (ala steam pixie)? Something else?

It's worth bearing in mind that mortal paragons are usually born and not made, while immortal paragons are made and not born. There's more immortal paragons due to that and the fact that mortals age and perish. A paragon outsider's around until something kills them, while a paragon mortal has a mere lifetime and then passes. Though admittedly, a fair few immortal paragons were once mortals. A paragon's a prime target for ascend while living rather than dying.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Since I'm on vacation, if my char needs to do stuff, I'm cool with someone else doing it for me. Yuth, you helped me a ton with the spell selection, so if you wanna volunteer for it, you'd probably be best. Don't forget: Counterspelling!
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Yuth did something awesome: He PMed me a new psionic power he made. This is awesome and as a reward, I'll match him with an extra custom spell. This'll be going into the spell collection.

This was an idea for the green dragon Graxanaxy in B5, though it didn't work out for him. It's a stronger version of Firestride Exhalation in Dragon Magic. The damage is only mildly upgraded, but now it's a full dimension door level escape rather than a mere movement adjustment.

Explosive Escape
Conjuration/Evocation (Teleportation) [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 7
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: See text
Targets: You and up to 1 willing touched creature 3/levels; see text
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes; see text

When you cast explosive escape, two things happen simultaneously. You and the creatures you touch are teleported. This teleportation is identical to a dimension door spell. At the same time, a burst of fire affects all creatures within 20ft of you that were not teleported, dealing 10d6 points of fire damage. Spell resistance and a Reflex save applies to the fire damage but not to the teleportation effect.

This spell is a favorite of spiteful wizards who hate those who force them to retreat.

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I'm glad Graxanaxy is dead.

Anastasia

Beating up dragons is so nice that you get loot in other games from them. Isn't it neat?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I bet his consort was named something stupid too, like Sheila...naxy.

Yuthirin

Yay I did a thing! And as soon as it doesn't suck, I'll post it here!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Ataxia
Psychokinesis [Chaotic, Sonic]
Level: Psion/wilder 8
Display: Auditory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25ft + 5 ft/2 levels)
Area: 20ft burst
Duration: Instantaneous 
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial; see text
Power Resistance: Yes
Power Points: 15

A discordant shriek emits from a point you designate, sonic waves blasting out to scramble nerves and damage sensitive tissue. All enemies in the area suffer a -6 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks, as well as 1d4 points of Dexterity damage. All of this is halved by a Fortitude save.

In addition, if the Fortitude save is failed, they suffer a physical malady for 1d4+1 rounds. Roll 1d100 to determine effects.

1-25 Blindness
26-50 Deafness
51-75 Nauseated
76-90 Stunned
91-100 Paralyzed

Creatures immune to sonic effects and those who lack nervous systems or the ability to feel pain (oozes, constructs, undead, most elementals) are immune to this power. Creatures vulnerable to sonic effects take 6d6 damage in addition to the effects above.

Augment

For every two power points you spend, the save DC increases by 1.

Anastasia

DM work update: Spell collection now has a psionics post for all the custom psionic powers we've made. There's like 7 or so total. This is mostly of interest to Tryll and Pepo.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

If Surraruthru is looking for hoard security, he may want to consider the Living Vault epic construct.

Iron Dragoon

There's an epic one? Link? Might be something to hybrid with the grove idea.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 10, 2016, 07:39:27 PM
There's an epic one? Link? Might be something to hybrid with the grove idea.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/livingVault.htm

I tend to rework anything from the ELH, so let me know sooner than later if you want that.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

It sounds good. I would want to try something g to combine it with the grove thing.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 10, 2016, 09:28:21 PM
It sounds good. I would want to try something g to combine it with the grove thing.

Sure thing.
<Afina> Forever.