Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Well, I'm trying to get the Sword of Myr at the moment, so I'd suggest holding off on the Lifasa/traitor thing until then, as it's an intelligent and apparently very powerful weapon. In the right hands, it could make that fight much easier, potentially. Surraruthru's going to be pretty interested in returning to Lifasa, so he'll want in on that, though one of his side goals is going to be to try and find something to start the grove.

I'm moving away from the idea of keeping it for the lair and more towards giving it to the Fey in Aurora so they can move a little closer towards normalcy for them. I've been toying with the idea of getting Surraruthru more involved with the fey anyway, so the Hidden Layers thing might be a good inclusive stepping stone for him, with the grove as a follow up.

As for the counter measures, I still have a vague concept of putting together a War Weaver group for Aurora, similar to the Graceful Blow or whatever, with the idea of including some sort of magic circle amplifier so that if there's an attack in or near Aurora, their range and abilities are extended. Being able to buff and/or heal entire groups from range or having those buffs amplified within a certain range of Aurora might help shore things up. If not that, then having them embedded into combat groups would help, if they were trained for buffing and counter-spelling specialties.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Kicking Lixer's teeth in is never a waste of time.

From what I gathered while running Muirfinn, the Father appears to be slowly stretching the bonds on his seal. Eventually he'll start manifesting avatars if he hasn't already. He's gonna get worse, not better over time unless we either annihilate him or find a way to rebind him.

I'm always up for another go at Lifasa as well. It would amuse me if we were able to take, purify, and hold land there, however small a piece.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Also Yuth, if you're going to need custom material next level, we need to figure that out ASAP so we can get it sorted.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Okay. We can work on it tonight?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on July 07, 2016, 10:29:29 PM
Okay. We can work on it tonight?

That sounds like a plan.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also, I'm going to start doing NPC level ups since I have a lot to do. Just a heads up, PC level ups will be given the go ahead tomorrow barring complications.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Vivantha reaches level 23!

- Lillend 23 and Lillend Lyricist 2.
- 8 on a d8 for a total of 17 hit points and a grand total of 318 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +23.
- Song of Compulsion gained. Meh. It's a suggestion versus one target.
- +1 bonus to the caster level of SLAs and bard spells.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Skills go up as normal.

Meh. Max HP helps but it's an in between level for her.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Kascha reaches level 23.

- Ghaele 23 and Wyrm Wizard 13.
- 6 on a d8 for a total of 13 hit points and a grand total of 271 hit points.
- Spell resistance +1 to a total of 35.
- SLA caster level rises by 1 to 23.
- Gains 23rd level wizard casting. This grants another 10th level spell per day. Kascha selects a quickened greater dispel magic for that slot.
- +1d6 to phoenix cry healing to 14d6. Free healing's always useful.
- All saves rise by 1.

Mostly a blank level for Kascha, normal progressions aside. Next level brings class gains and 11th level magic, along with a feat and stat point. She's already looking ahead to it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Ramblebarge Battlelavos

Hit Lavos

d4

Requirements

Any two metapsionic feats.
Lavos.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level

2 + Intelligence modifier.

LevelBase Attack LavosSpecialManifesting
1+0????+1 manifesting
2+1Bonus Power-
3+1Psionic Lavos Ability+1 manifesting
4+2Bonus Lavos-
5+2Extra Discipline+1 manifesting

???? (Ex)

IT IS A MYSTERY. (it might be Lavos) (it probably is Lavos)

Bonus Power (Ex)

Does what it says on the Lavos.

Psionic Focus Ability (Ex)

This too does what it says on the box.

Extra Discipline (Ex)

This makes Lavos. Just kidding. Box. Words. Doing.

Anastasia

Quick notes.

- Name's a placeholder. Just used the first thing to pop out of my head.

- Bonus feat's a placeholder, since Yuth was interested in something that uses his psionic focus. That one's on him since I'm not well studied there, I'll look into it tomorrow. I may keep the bonus feat on top of it, -2 progression's harsh and I'm not sure how a new discipline balances with it.

- Beta slapped together at 2 AM so we have a body to work with. Typos and stupidity should be expected. Likewise, the language of the abilities isn't finalized.

- Let me know what you think and we'll refine from there, Yuth.

Psionic Mentalist

Hit Die

d4

Requirements

Skills

Variable skill 3 ranks; see below

Feats

Expanded Knowledge (see below), any one metapsionic feat

Special

Psion level 1st

Class Skills

The psionic mentalist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis) and Psicraft (Int).

LevelBase Attack BonusFortitude SaveReflex SaveWill SaveSpecialPowers Known
1+0+0+0+2Discipline study+1 psion
2+1+0+0+3Bonus power-
3+1+1+1+3Bonus feat+1 psion
4+2+1+1+4Bonus power-
5+2+1+1+4Discipline mastery+1 psion

Discipline Study (Ex)

On taking the first level of this class, the psionic mentalist must choose a new psion discipline. This must be a different one than the one she chose as a 1st level psion. The psionic mentalist must have at least 3 ranks in any one of that new discipline's class skills granted by choosing that discipline. For example, a psionic mentalist who selects clairsentience as his new discipline must have 3 ranks in Gather Information, Listen or Spot.

The psionic mentalist does not gain immediate access to the new discipline (nor does she lose access to her previous discipline). She treats the skills of her new discipline as class skills for this class, as well as any further psion levels she takes. As she gains levels in this class, she gains access to additional abilities from her new discipline.

Additionally, the power chosen by the expanded power feat prerequisite of this class must be from the new discipline chosen.

Bonus Power (Ex)

At 2nd and 4th level, the psionic mentalist's study of new frontiers of her mind bears fruit. She gains an extra power known, as if she had selected the expanded knowledge feat. However, any power selected must be from her new discipline.

Bonus Feat

At 3rd level, the psionic mentalist gains a bonus feat. This may be any psionic, metapsionic or psionic item creation feat.

Discipline Mastery (Ex)

At the pinnacle of her power, the psionic mentalist learns to study two different and specialized fields of psionic power. She gains access to her new discipline as well as her old one.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hanna reaches level 23.

- Planetar 23 and Champion of Gwynharwyf 13
- 10 on a d12 for a total of 19 hit points and a grand total of 354 hit points.
- +1 spell resistance to a total of 37.
- Gains another daily use of smite evil. Always shiny.
- Gains another daily rage. Always shiny again.
- Gains mighty rage. More rage power is good, since it makes more sense for Hanna to rage.
- Gains 23rd level cleric casting, which grants another 10th level spell. She selects cleansing rain.
- Gains 13th level champion of Gwynharwyf casting, which grants no additional spells that level.
- +1 to all saves.

Nice level for her. Nothing new and gamebreaking, but she got a lot of nice things.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I'm assuming that you're referring to the Expanded Knowledge feat, not Expanded Power?

Anastasia

Canderella reaches level 23.

- Fixed a typo with her having d18 instead of d8s as hit dice.
- Turns out she only has 20 class levels on the right side of her gestalt. Whoops, rebuild mistake. She's due two class levels there on top of everything else. She'll take marshal 9 for 21. Her BAB's full and she's past normal saves, so the only changes is class abilities. She gains another major and minor aura. She selects demand fortitude and motivate attack. For 22 she'll take anarch 5, which grants another daily use of smite law and special mount. She trades in special mount for stand fast, since being able to apply her divine grace to others synergizes every so well with her marshal side. Also, one of her hit dice improves to a d10, so +1 total hit points.

- Succubus 23 and Arcane Duelist 3.
- 7 on a d8 for a total of 14 hit points and a grand total of 276 hit points.
- Gains dexterous attack. Is okay for her, mostly just an option if she absolutely has to melee.
- +1 spell resistance for a total of 33.
- Gains 21st level spellcasting. No epic spell capacity so just a +1 bump to CL. She'll grab that next level. Her next blank level for that is 30, so no big deal.
- +1 to all saves.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on July 08, 2016, 12:41:05 PM
I'm assuming that you're referring to the Expanded Knowledge feat, not Expanded Power?

Yes, hence the note about it being done at 2 AM. I was sure something stupid would slip through.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'd be happy to go visit heaven. I'd prefer not to be part of the Father thing.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake