"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Sage Vul'lath reaches level 23.

- Savant 21 and Loremaster 13.
- 4 on a d8 for a total of 11 hit points and a grand total of 267 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +21.
- +1d6 sneak attack for 4d6 total. More SA's always good in case he gets stuck in a battle.
- Gains 21st level savant casting. For arcane, this is 1 4th level slot and 2 5th level slots. He selects dimensional anchor, fabricate and sending. For divine, he gains 1 3rd level spell slot. He selects create food and water.
- Gains 23rd level diviner spellcasting. He just grabs another empowered polar ray for now, since I need to review spells for him and that's going to happen later on.
- All saves go up by 1.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Gains a bonus feat from loremaster 13. He selects Epic Spell Penetration(L13).

Okay level.

- Loremaster bonus feat.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Next week's schedule is up. Monday may be a cancel depending on if level ups are done, we'll see. This includes NPCs on my end, so it'll depend if we can all get our shit together quickly enough.

Next Thursday has a doctor thing at 10 45. I expect to be out of there by 12 30 so it shouldn't impact session, but we'll see how it goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I'm probably not going to get to Surrarthru's level up until Tuesday.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Anastasia with help from Yuthirin on July 08, 2016, 03:34:11 AM

Master Mentalist

Hit Die

d4

Requirements

Skills

Variable skill 3 ranks; see below

Feats

Expanded Knowledge (see below), any one metapsionic feat

Psionics

Able to manifest 7th-level powers

Class Skills

The master mentalist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis) and Psicraft (Int).

LevelBase Attack BonusFortitude SaveReflex SaveWill SaveSpecialPowers Known
1+0+0+0+2Discipline study, Reciprocal Boost+1 psion
2+1+0+0+3Bonus power-
3+1+1+1+3Bonus feat+1 psion
4+2+1+1+4Bonus power-
5+2+1+1+4Discipline mastery+1 psion

Discipline Study (Ex)

On taking the first level of this class, the master mentalist must choose a new psionic discipline. This must be a different one than the one she chose as a 1st level psion. The master mentalist must have at least 3 ranks in any one of that new discipline's class skills granted by choosing that discipline. For example, a master mentalist who selects clairsentience as his new discipline must have 3 ranks in Gather Information, Listen or Spot.

The master mentalist does not gain immediate access to the new discipline (nor does she lose access to her previous discipline). She treats the skills of her new discipline as class skills for this class, as well as any further psion levels she takes. As she gains levels in this class, she gains access to additional abilities from her new discipline.

Additionally, the power chosen by the expanded power feat prerequisite of this class must be from the new discipline chosen.

Reciprocal Boost (Ex)

A master mentalist posseses a mind of great power. She can expend her psionic focus to greatly increase her ability to augment psionic powers for a brief period of time. The next power the master mentalist manifests is manifested at +1d6+1 manifestor levels. Due to the mental strain of doing so, any metapsionic feats applied to a power when using this ability causes the master mentalist to be nauseated for 1 round. If no metapsionic feats are appied, the master mentalist is sickened for one round. This ability can be used once per day. At 4th level, it can be used twice per day.

Bonus Power (Ex)

At 2nd and 4th level, the master mentalist's study of new frontiers of her mind bears fruit. She gains an extra power known, as if she had selected the expanded knowledge feat. However, any power selected must be from her new discipline.

Bonus Feat

At 3rd level, the master mentalist gains a bonus feat. This may be any psionic, metapsionic or psionic item creation feat.

Discipline Mastery (Ex)

At the pinnacle of her power, the master mentalist learns to study two different and specialized fields of psionic power. She gains access to her new discipline as well as her old one.

This look better?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on July 09, 2016, 05:39:02 PM
I'm probably not going to get to Surrarthru's level up until Tuesday.

That's fine, I figured that might happen.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Yuth:

1. New name's fine.

2. 7th level manifesting? That makes it a late entry class along the lines of archmage. Works well enough for it. Bumping the skill requirement up a few more ranks to reflect that logically follows.

3. In incredibly minor stylistic bitching, don't capitalize reciprocal boost in special. Only the first word in that level's special abilities is capitalized, even if you get more than one that level. It's not really about grammatical correctness, it's about consistency. Like you see how the requirements generally don't end with periods? Another stylistic quirk. Grammar isn't important here as much as each PrC being set up the same way.

4. Anyway, reciprocal boost is fine. I'll probably tweak it a bit, mostly for style, but it should be fine. Overchannel's already a thing, so psionics getting somewhat better options for CL boosts isn't unreasonable. If I'm wrong, it'll be smacked down.

5. I'll post a new version tomorrow, got level ups to do tonight.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Ko:

1. Yay.

2. That's along the lines I've been thinking. I was originally gonna make an Archmage clone, but figured I could do better. Late entry should be required because of the class abilities.

3. Nerd.

4. The random nature of the d6 makes it potentially less powerful or more, depending on fate. If you think a hard number is better, let me know.

5. Whee.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Ebony reaches level 23.

- Sylican angel 23 and Singer of the Celestial Choir 2.
- 2 on a d8 for a total of 9 hit points and a grand total of 256 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +23.
- +1 spell resistance for a total of 33.
- Another daily use of bardic music.
- Gains 23rd level bard casting. She gets another daily spell and another spell known. She selects vision.
- Gains 22nd level sorcerer casting.  She gets another spell known. She selects planet defender. Being able to go all planetar will probably be useful for her one day.
- Bonus sanctified spell. She selects rain of embers.
- All saves go up by 1.

Okayish level.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Balyss reaches level 23.

- Silverstar 13 and Favored Soul 23.
- 6 on a d8 for a total of 12 hit points and a grand total of 240 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +19.
- Gains 23rd level cleric casting. She selects a quickened heal.
- +30ft bonus to fly speed.
- Gains 22nd level favored soul casting. She selects circle of spiritual protection. This might be useful for her personal life and for Aurora as well.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Bonus feat from favored soul. She grabs automatic metamagic (quicken) since yeah, two sets of spells make that a no brainer.

Good level for her.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Simmer reaches level 23.

- Barbarian 16 and Lord of the Bright Fires 13.
- 2 on a d12 for a total of 11 hit points and a grand total of 333 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +19.
- Damage reduction rises to 4/-. As it's only one point now, I'm deleting her damage reduction 5/cold iron. It just doesn't matter to her anymore.
- Gains 22nd level sorcerer casting. Now that she has epic spell capacity (see below), she gains 4 10th level spells per day and two known. She selects Simmer's contagious fireburst and True Meteor Swarm.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Simmer gets a bonus feat from Lord of the Bright Fires 13. She selects Epic Spell Capacity(LBF13).

Okay level. Fireburst chains are a go.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ellese reaches level 23.

- Ranger 1 and Sorcerer 23.
- Gets max HP per hit die, so a total of 23 hit points and a grand total of 445 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +17.
- Gains favored enemy. She selects evil outsiders, since no shit.
- Gains wild empathy. Eh.
- Gains 23rd level sorcerer spellcasting. She gains another daily spell and another spell known. She selects Simmer's contagious fireburst.
- All saves rise by 1.
- Gains track as a ranger bonus feat. Also gains a bonus feat for sorcerer 23, she selects specialized metamagic (energy admixture).

Specialized Metamagic [Epic, Metamagic]
Prerequisite: Easy Metamagic, Spellcraft 15 ranks.
Benefit: Select a metamagic feat that you possess. The level adjustment of this metamagic feat decreases by 2, to a minimum of +0.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Crystal reaches level 23.

- Ranger 19 and Defender of the Natural World 9.
- 9 on a d10 for a total of 14 hit points and a grand total of 237 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +23.
- Gains 19th level ranger spellcasting. She gains a 2nd, 3rd and 4th level spell slot. She selects barkskin, heal animal companion and freedom of movement.
- Gains smite favored enemy. This means she can now smite lawful outsiders, fey and dragons regardless of alignment.
- Gains 23rd level paladin spellcasting. She gains a new 5th level spell, which is spent on righteous might.
- All saves rise by 1.

Okay level up.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Crystal goes from effective ranger level 21 to 22. No change to Hope's stats.
Crystal goes from effective paladin level 22 to 23. no change to Hope's stats.

Next level gets an animal companion boost, but paladin boost is a few away.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Mirima reaches level 23.

- Fighter 13 and Arcane Duelist 13.
- 7 on a d10 for a total of 14 hit points and a grand total of 299 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +21.
- All saves go up by 1.
- Gains a bonus feat for Arcane Duelist 13. She selects fast healing. This is a bit of a luxury, but being able to fully heal in a few minutes is an awesome quality of life adjustment as well as generally useful.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on July 09, 2016, 10:52:35 PM
Yuth:

1. New name's fine.

2. 7th level manifesting? That makes it a late entry class along the lines of archmage. Works well enough for it. Bumping the skill requirement up a few more ranks to reflect that logically follows.

3. In incredibly minor stylistic bitching, don't capitalize reciprocal boost in special. Only the first word in that level's special abilities is capitalized, even if you get more than one that level. It's not really about grammatical correctness, it's about consistency. Like you see how the requirements generally don't end with periods? Another stylistic quirk. Grammar isn't important here as much as each PrC being set up the same way.

4. Anyway, reciprocal boost is fine. I'll probably tweak it a bit, mostly for style, but it should be fine. Overchannel's already a thing, so psionics getting somewhat better options for CL boosts isn't unreasonable. If I'm wrong, it'll be smacked down.

5. I'll post a new version tomorrow, got level ups to do tonight.

FRIENDLY REMINDER BECAUSE I WILL NOT LEVEL UNTIL YOU FINISH THIS

MISTER 'HOW'S THE LEVEL UP GOING?'