News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I have the material for them. I wrote it off as a case of the PCs not being interested. No big deal.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

I don't know if anyone noticed that they were available. I dunno if you ever posted them up.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on September 28, 2016, 11:08:08 PM
I don't know if anyone noticed that they were available. I dunno if you ever posted them up.

I did. Let me go dig up a link.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Nagging from everywhere:

1. Elena wants to know if all of you are going to do any improvements to Aurora soon. If so, when?
2. Grenalous is pursuing an extraordinarily powerful concoction that will have amazing effects at granting mortals fey power. However, he's hit a wall and needs extra funding to realize it. He'd estimate in the realm of 20,000 gold, though more wouldn't hurt.
3. Today only, Winddance is having a 25% off sale. It's good on all foods purchased there. If you take advantage of it, mention the discount in your loot post.
4. I'm planning on working on spells this weekend or maybe tonight. Game flow plus other things have conspired against it, and to be honest, spell work's at least half inspiration.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I actually have twin gambit. I just never get to use it since conditions don't favor it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on September 28, 2016, 01:42:35 PM
She could take Versatile Fighter and gain the Resolute ACF, sacrifice half her bab for a bonus of the same amount to her will save. Good for making important saves but if she wants to play defence it combos ridiculously with Armour of God.

Losing half of her BAB is just a bit too painful for her, I think. +11 to Will saves is tempting, but not quite tempting enough. Also, that + Armor of God both compete for her immediate actions, which means they don't really combo.

I think I'm going to keep it simple. While feat retraining appeals, it's a lot of effort and I'm not sure it'll exceed the benefit from getting SR. So she'll grab eldritch juggernaut.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 29, 2016, 01:54:34 PM
I actually have twin gambit. I just never get to use it since conditions don't favor it.

Yeah. Honestly, they were an experiment and they're probably too fiddly in retrospect. Should've kept them simpler, but hindsight's 20/20.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Question about the Dragonheart I picked up; other uses for it.

Three ideas.
1) Living vault helper.
2) Use in aquiring Goldenfire. Imbue it with goldenfire then like eat it or something. Like partially attuning the Goldenfire to dragon types, then applying to self.
3)...use it to become a true dragon...
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 29, 2016, 05:01:57 PM

Three ideas.
1) Living vault helper.

How so? That's a little thin on details, what do you have in mind?

Quote2) Use in aquiring Goldenfire. Imbue it with goldenfire then like eat it or something. Like partially attuning the Goldenfire to dragon types, then applying to self.

Could potentially be possible, you'd have to find out if it could contain goldenfire.

Quote3)...use it to become a true dragon...

Anything's possible. Seira did the trick from being a mere half elf, so it would arguably be easier for a dragon. This may or may not have the power by itself to do that, you'd need to look into it.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on September 29, 2016, 05:24:22 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 29, 2016, 05:01:57 PM

Three ideas.
1) Living vault helper.

How so? That's a little thin on details, what do you have in mind?

Maybe adding Dragon or Red-dragon sub-type to it or something? Adding dragon scales for extra armor or DR/SR or something?

Quote2) Use in aquiring Goldenfire. Imbue it with goldenfire then like eat it or something. Like partially attuning the Goldenfire to dragon types, then applying to self.

Could potentially be possible, you'd have to find out if it could contain goldenfire.

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind for the next time I hit the library or go to the Cauldron, then.

Quote3)...use it to become a true dragon...

Anything's possible. Seira did the trick from being a mere half elf, so it would arguably be easier for a dragon. This may or may not have the power by itself to do that, you'd need to look into it.

I'll do so when we get back to Aurora, then.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Baleruk approves of dragoning.