Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

A written description would be preferable. Once again, can't look at that stuff at work.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on October 11, 2016, 01:37:20 PM
She's rather short, barely over five feet tall. She has an unruly head of bright red hair, unreal with its sheer intensity. She wears full plate armor colored white and decorated with golden suns on the breastplate and joints. "Hi, sorry I'm late. I'm Moonlight," From her non pointed ears and generally human appearance, she doesn't look like an elf, despite the name. As if sensing that, "No no, my parents just thought elves were neat. I have a brother that got named Oak Tree. Yeah." She claps her hands and smiles, "Considering who I serve, that made my name really ironic. Anyway, Parai had something come up so I'm taking this position instead."

In addition to this, think white armor with gold tracing. Dark red underpadding glimpsed, no visible skin except her face. Long hair, very long but tied back. Carries a big mace with her. Need more?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Also, I'll toss you some good links tonight for her.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on October 11, 2016, 02:03:41 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on October 11, 2016, 01:37:20 PM
She's rather short, barely over five feet tall. She has an unruly head of bright red hair, unreal with its sheer intensity. She wears full plate armor colored white and decorated with golden suns on the breastplate and joints. "Hi, sorry I'm late. I'm Moonlight," From her non pointed ears and generally human appearance, she doesn't look like an elf, despite the name. As if sensing that, "No no, my parents just thought elves were neat. I have a brother that got named Oak Tree. Yeah." She claps her hands and smiles, "Considering who I serve, that made my name really ironic. Anyway, Parai had something come up so I'm taking this position instead."

In addition to this, think white armor with gold tracing. Dark red underpadding glimpsed, no visible skin except her face. Long hair, very long but tied back. Carries a big mace with her. Need more?

Probably not. Will try to post in a bit. Lotta people walking the aisles today.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Sure, do as you can. I'll try and stay up and catch you when you get home, crashed just as you got home last night. Let's see if we can get a 20-30 post run and knock this out.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I actually didn't get home until 9:30 last night. My comp turns itself back on sometimes when I'm not home.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 11, 2016, 02:22:48 PM
I actually didn't get home until 9:30 last night. My comp turns itself back on sometimes when I'm not home.

That would explain a whole lot, actually.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on October 11, 2016, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on October 11, 2016, 02:22:48 PM

That would explain a whole lot, actually.

Yeah. If I show up and don't respond, I'm not really there. It's just my computer trying to become self-aware.

Seriously. It's gotten to the point where sometimes, I'll walk in from work, walk toward the bathroom, and my computer clicks as the fans spin up. It's spooky.

Anastasia

Soon your computer will talk about how hungry it is, and how you should feast with it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

That just means it wants a new video card. I feed it enough.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

If Moore were to cast Hindsight within Aurora (nevermind the fact that this probably wouldn't actually work but whatever) would it function based on Aurora's current location (so, it'd just show the history of Elysium) or would it work for Aurora itself? I know the spell says "current location," but I don't know if it was to ever take into account locations that could move.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on October 13, 2016, 08:50:17 PM
If Moore were to cast Hindsight within Aurora (nevermind the fact that this probably wouldn't actually work but whatever) would it function based on Aurora's current location (so, it'd just show the history of Elysium) or would it work for Aurora itself? I know the spell says "current location," but I don't know if it was to ever take into account locations that could move.

You'd get Aurora.

Incidentally, even at the centuries setting, too much time has passed for Hindsight to help see what happened in Medi's time with it - assuming there aren't precautions taken anyway. Based on the below, it's probably at least 100,000 years from the current time.  Poor Elena.

- 67200 years ago. The Lost Chalice is stolen from Celestia and taken to Dis, where she remains in captivity to this day.

After this point, precise timekeeping is uncertain and unclear. However, the order of these events is clear. Note that the last entry above this is not the point in time at which this section begins.

- Cerulean Joy fails to find enlightenment in Jovar and fails to reach Chronias. Disturbed, she leaves Celestia.
- Rogan Palethos explores Elysium and writes one of the only known accounts of Cantasa Alexandria that is not fully anathemic knowledge.
- First known invocation of Zaphkiel's Blessing, which destroyed most of a Prime Material world and vaporized a Far Realm incursion.
- The Angel of Last Resort is created by Queen Morwel.
- Medi's era, leading to the creation and loss of Medicant.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

But he could theoretically see anything that happened within the 2000~ years prior to the current time, correct? I mean, it's rather doubtful there was anything of use there, but you never know!

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.