"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Corwin on March 17, 2017, 02:09:02 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 17, 2017, 01:57:17 PM
Since we're semi-doing Aurora upgrades, might I suggest adding an Evacuation Rune to the Pre-Deployment Arch? IT's a level 5 arcane spell out of Complete Scoundrel. It allows returning to the site of the rune as a swift action via Greater Teleport.

Since there was the assassin last fight, and it was semi-successful, it might be a good GTFO button.

Regardless of the upgrade, it's going into the tapestry.

The assassin OHKOd those he killed, though. An immediate rather than swift Rune would be pretty pro, though, since they could use it during the attack routine.

Yeah, but in the future, it'll be a good escape in case anyone's hurt bad and needs to go. Just because it can't immediately counter an assassin doesn't mean it might not be a good investment.

As for the immediate thing, that's a Dune ruling. It seems a little bogus to me. Maybe get a wand of Contingency or something?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Iddy! You're looking for this:

QuoteImprove suites (You and anyone else who gets one lives in high magical luxury) ---> 50,000 gold; 1 DC 30 spellcraft check; 1 DC 30 K:A&E check; 12 days
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Corwin on March 17, 2017, 04:46:47 PM

QuoteImprove suites (You and anyone else who gets one lives in high magical luxury) ---> 50,000 gold; 1 DC 30 spellcraft check; 1 DC 30 K:A&E check; 12 days

Dune, would that allow me to fulfill my dreams?

Yuthirin

I made an assumption some time ago, and didn't ask you about it. However, I thought I would do so now just to get it out of the way.

Is it safe to assume that psionic powers Metamorphosis and Greater Metamorphosis are banned like the Polymorph subschool?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on March 22, 2017, 04:48:21 PM
I made an assumption some time ago, and didn't ask you about it. However, I thought I would do so now just to get it out of the way.

Is it safe to assume that psionic powers Metamorphosis and Greater Metamorphosis are banned like the Polymorph subschool?

Well, the polymorph subschool isn't banned, it's that a lot of spells retconned into it are. Polymorph and shapechange are the two obvious ones here. The more static, single form polymorph subschool spells are legal - such as dragonshape from the PHB2, which Tepen has. See also that polymorph subschool booster I did awhile back over on the R&S board.

But yeah, if those two are polymorph and shapechange by a different name, they're banned.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Alas, I'm glad I didn't roll an Egoist.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Nephrite

True Seeing, Superior
Divination
Level:   Clr 10, Drd 12, Knowledge 10, Sor/Wiz 11, Brd 10
Components:   V, S
Casting Time:   1 standard action
Range:   Touch
Target:   Creature touched
Duration:   1 min./level
Saving Throw:   Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance:   Yes (harmless)

This spell functions as true seeing, except for as noted here. It does not require a material component, and the effect of the true seeing spell extends to the lengths of your vision.

All I did was increase the spell level by 5 on all the ones it starts at (I have no idea if this is even remotely "fair"?) I'm not entirely sure the two level difference in epic spells for Clerics and Druids still makes sense at that high a level. I tossed in bard casting for the heck of it since they can cast the regular version at 8th.

Anastasia

As you may or may not recall, B5 has moved to Mondays. As such, this is our new schedule:

Sunday: Day off.
Monday: No afternoon session, evening session ok.
Tuesday: Afternoon session ok, no evening session (in theory).
Wednesday: Afternoon and evening session ok.
Thursday: Afternoon and evening session ok.
Friday: Afternoon and evening session ok.
Saturday: Afternoon session ok, but possible RL interference noted. Evening session a DM judgment call.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on March 23, 2017, 09:54:12 PM
True Seeing, Superior
Divination
Level:   Clr 10, Drd 12, Knowledge 10, Sor/Wiz 11, Brd 10
Components:   V, S
Casting Time:   1 standard action
Range:   Touch
Target:   Creature touched
Duration:   1 min./level
Saving Throw:   Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance:   Yes (harmless)

This spell functions as true seeing, except for as noted here. It does not require a material component, and the effect of the true seeing spell extends to the lengths of your vision.

All I did was increase the spell level by 5 on all the ones it starts at (I have no idea if this is even remotely "fair"?) I'm not entirely sure the two level difference in epic spells for Clerics and Druids still makes sense at that high a level. I tossed in bard casting for the heck of it since they can cast the regular version at 8th.

Something like that. So what is it you want here, just the increased visual range?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Yes. The material component also strikes me as superfluous at this level, unless you think that's important to keep (or enhance).

Iron Dragoon

As a reminder:

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 17, 2017, 09:38:12 PM

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 28, 2017, 12:09:28 AM
As a reminder:

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 17, 2017, 09:38:12 PM

Sure, if you wanna move to a suite and no one's going to quibble over it.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on March 28, 2017, 12:21:53 AM
Sure, if you wanna move to a suite and no one's going to quibble over it.

Just to be clear, I believe that was in reference to my wanting to change the look of the room/lair into something cave/garden like.

Anastasia

That's fine, there's enough money and magic being pumped into there that it's not a huge deal.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake