Level:   Clr 10, Drd 12, Knowledge 10, Sor/Wiz 11, Brd 10
Components:   V, S
Casting Time:   1 standard action
Range:   Touch
Target:   Creature touched
Duration:   1 min./level
Saving Throw:   Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance:   Yes (harmless)

This spell functions as true seeing, except for as noted here. It does not require a material component, and the effect of the true seeing spell extends to the lengths of your vision.

All I did was increase the spell level by 5 on all the ones it starts at (I have no idea if this is even remotely "fair"?) I'm not entirely sure the two level difference in epic spells for Clerics and Druids still makes sense at that high a level. I tossed in bard casting for the heck of it since they can cast the regular version at 8th.

Okay. I'm punting the knowledge domain part for one moment. I'll come back to that when this is added to the spell collection and I cross check with some other things.

Greater True Seeing
Divination
Level: Clr 10, Drd 11, Sor/Wiz 11
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 min/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell functions as true seeing, except as noted here. It does not require a material component and the effect of true seeing extends to the length of your vision.

Look good?

It's fine. Just consider tossing it at Bard casting too.

Nephrite

I touched both articles up to reflect your concerns.

A Huge Victory over the forces of Hell in Benfal!

Spoiler: ShowHide

By Moore of Aurora

Shocking news from the plane of Benfal recently, as Aurora and Sylica combined their forces to topple Hell's grip on this plane.

The beginning of the operation in Benfal involved the massive demiplane known as Aurora appearing in the middle of the city of Elons Rapid. Forces quickly fanned out to start a rush of attacks against the devilish forces of Semyaza. The operation was split into three, each given their own mission and duties.

The forces of Aurora, combined with the support of Sylica's agents, quickly tore through devil resistance in the major parts of Benfal. After a few hours of pressing this advantage, the leaders of Sylica engaged Semyaza in combat.

Though this combat cannot be shared, the results speak for themselves: Benfal was liberated from Hell's clutches and ascended to Elysium, where rebuilding efforts are currently underway.

Aurora's strategy fells a paragon of the dogai!

In tandem with the assault on Benfal, the forces of Hell set a dogai paragon assassin onto many of the officers of Aurora. There were several casualties as a result of his insidious plots and plans. In response to this, the forces of Aurora came up with several countermeasures.

Various officers and groups were involved in chipping away at this assassin's ability to fight them, which ended up resulting in a skirmish near the end of the operation.

Details are sketchy on what exactly happened, but some witnesses spoke of a massive explosion and a woman of heavenly light and a rainbow facing the dogai which eventually led to its defeat. It should be noted here that the individuals primarily responsible for the dogai paragon's destruction were Generals Jaela and General Afina Devilsbane of Aurora.

Twin Terrors of Hell fall from grace!

By Moore of Aurora

One cannot forget how an assault on a place like Benfal could be stymied by only one or two powerful individuals. This was the case when the forces of Aurora faced off against Hiya and Hiwa, the giant offspring of Semyaza.

Details on this particular fight are sketchy as well -- it seems that the two were trying to cut off the sunlight that began pouring in moments after the assault began.

Aurora's forces were quickly dispatched to face these two. Like previous reports, witnesses state they saw gleaming light and rainbows high in the air slightly before some magical gear apparently came falling from the sky.

Suffice to say, the two were defeated in combat with Aurora's officers -- this was a major turning point for the operation on Benfal and likely allowed for Sylica's forces to continue to push in without as much resistance.

Anastasia

All uses are daily spell charges rather than permanent changes. All uses are standard actions unless noted otherwise.

Uses:

Covering self with light as a form of clothing: Free. Syala and Alicia both did it in B1 and I think it's showed up before.
Creating a weapon: 2nd level spell slot. This is a plain weapon, nothing fancy. Lasts for as long as you hold it.
Creating a better weapon: 4th level spell slot. Gets you a +1 holy weapon. Lasts for as long as you hold it. Other possibilities: +1 flaming, +1 bane (choose one of undead or evil outsiders). Suggestions for other +1 properties that might thematically fit are welcome.
Blinding target: 5th level spell slot. Blinds a target within your aura by overwhelming light. The blindness is permanent. A Fortitude save resists. The save DC is 15 + Charisma modfiier. For the moment I'm marking it down as with the same DC as a 5th level spell. This may change.
Sear Evil: 7th level spell slot. Deals 10d6 points of damage to all evil creatures within 30ft, a Fortitude save halves. The save DC is 17 + Charisma modifier. For the moment I'm marking it down with the same DC as a 7th level spell. This may change.

Any other suggestions while I'm at it, before I write it up all nice?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Whoops, fixed.

Greater True Seeing
Divination
Level: Brd 11, Clr 10, Drd 11, Sor/Wiz 11

This spell functions as true seeing, except as noted here. It does not require a material component and the effect of true seeing extends to the length of your vision.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, I'll work on that newspaper over the weekend or earl next week. Speaking of, I need to make a downtime/away post.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Something in the way of armor, like the Luminous Armor line of spells, maybe?

Negating darkness of various degrees?

Some benefit to good creatures within 30ft?

Illusions/banners/something along those lines?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Also, you mentioned items.

Sash of Authority: This sash grants a +4 competence bonus to all Charisma based checks. Additionally, any creature that submits to a demand you make suffers a -4 penalty to all attack rolls against you, as well as any opposed ability or skill checks. The demand must be forceful and something they do not wish to do. This penalty lasts for 24 hours. [40,000gp]

How does it scale? To +10 for the competence to Cha skills, say?

Anastasia

I'd have to dig up how I priced it. I think it was fiat, so I'd have to fiat a price for it or work out a formula.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Epic magic items are up. Booster should be done tonight or tomorrow, ended up expanding it more than I planned.

Note to self: Reorganize epic rules topic now that most of the content is done.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Sometimes DMs screw up.

See, Surraruthru just came on a massively tall tree that the party saw earlier in Brux, a monolith. The only problem with that is that it wasn't a tree, but a stone spire. Y'see, both are things in the Beastlands (and even sometimes the trees can fulfill part of what the spires do) and notable, so they're both easily mixed up on the DM side. Somehow they got flipped around in my head and I only noticed several posts into the mistake.

We're gonna keep rolling with that. As compensation for the mistake, I'll give you some lore about them.

The stone monoliths are largely as Pearwood described. They're made by certain animal lords of the realm to serve as courthouses and locations of power. The monoliths have various mystical abilities, such as forcing those nearby to speak the truth, alllowing animals, plants and others to converse freely and serving as an imposing, intimidating symbol of justice. Used properly, they can be locations of power where a druid can gain the ability to speak with plants and animals as a supernatural ability.

The tall trees are elder treants from characters and monsters, usually with at least 1 hit dice of advancement. They are powerful and subtle creatures, able to hide their powers from magical detection, as well as suppress part or all of them as desired. This comes from the intervention of the Archangels of Celestial, who taught the oldest elder treants these methods and ensure that it passes to all of the elder treants of the Beastlands. As normal for the Archangels, the reasoning for this isn't clear. Many of these treants have the celestial creature template as well (this bypasses the normal inability for plants to have this template).

The elder treants of the Beastlands are the sages of the realm. They are ageless and immortal like an outsider, they gather information gleaned from the various animal lords of the realm as well as any visitors. Further, they are blessed with perfect recall, so they never forget what they have learned. The vast majority are gestalted as mighty druids who command nature and wreck terrible havoc when a powerful evil creature dares enter the Beastlands. They support the animal lords with formidable magic and all the powers an elder treant can bless its allies with.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on April 13, 2017, 11:37:11 AM
Whoops, fixed.

Greater True Seeing
Divination
Level: Brd 11, Clr 10, Drd 11, Sor/Wiz 11

Added to the spell collection.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, see downtime/away real quick. So Im taking a week off from active DMing, any requests for custom material? No guarantees it'll get done, but by all means fire.

Cor's light stuff is already on the agenda. So is the newspaper.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I like the Bane song a lot, it'd be cool if there were other new songs you could get through feats or something.

There are also a lot of epic magic items tailored for certain classes, so maybe a bard-boosting one?

Corwin

Iron Dragoon

Not really anything on my end outside of the Druid class.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.