Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 24, 2017, 07:53:49 PM
If one were to take Versatile Performer and also take Skill Focus or Epic Skill Focus (Perform (whatever)), would those then apply to all of the other perform checks?

EDIT: Also, I am guessing I can't use Bard Mastery (I know, bringing this back up) to take Spell-less Bard, huh? :(

It would not apply. For example, Lliira has Versatile Performer plus Skill Focus, Epic Skill Focus and Divine Skill Focus in Perform (Dance). It works out like this: Perform(All)+77, Perform(Dance)+109.

I'd have to check the text of Bard Mastery, but offhand I think it wouldn't work RAW.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Lucy looks okay in basics. I'd have to sit down and really check her over for proofreading, but I don't see anything that leaps out at me. More on this in the next day or two.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Changelog

- Jetina was going to run pure paladin/healer in Lost Realm. She's mixing in Pious Templar for a power bump in B3.

- Jetina gets a fiat +2 increase to all ability scores and her type is now outsider. She's an outsider allowed her mortal form after she died. Or 'died', since the circumstances of how she came here isn't clear and it's known IC that the Lost Realm is an unusual situation. She might not have died at all. Anyway, the ability score boost is for balance and the outsider thing is just what happens to the honored dead that reach Celestia. Anyway, I feel Jetina needs a small stat boost to properly balance in Balmuria. She's running two lower power classes (even with optimization and healer getting a rewrite boost), so that boost was desirable to me. I'd rather boost her that way than multiclassing a bit more and adding extra complexity.

- I'm letting Serenity also apply to her divine feats in place of Charisma.

- Jetina loses improved init, empower turning and power attack while branching out into shields and divine feats. Just rejiggering and adjusting for a higher optimization game at a far different level frame. Empower turning was awesome for her in Lost Realm, but at this point group healing's more like mass heal. Power attack doesn't fit her combat philosophy here. Finally, improved init just got lost in the shuffle. Good feat but that happens sometimes.

- Her ring of defense was +1 and had a third property in Lost Realm. I can't find what that lost property was going to be offhand, so I'm bumping it to +2 and calling it a wash.

- I gave her a masterwork longsword and heavy steel shield from Aurora's supplies for the sake of having some basic numbers in place. They're placeholders and will be removed once gear is purchased.

- Jetina selected bonus domain (courage) to give her a little more spell variety. This mostly gives her some useful booster spells, like mass valiant fury and greater heroism. Lion's roar gives her a semi-offensive option as well. Very technically bonus domain doesn't work RAW here but I tend to run it in this way in reality. Anyway, the 11th level domain slot is a placeholder for now.

- Jetina's bag of gemstones is her starting money. She'll spend it soon enough.

- Any skill changes are the result of the conversion.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I haven't had time to go through Lucy yet, but on the surface she looks fine. As for backstory, I think something along the lines of memory loss + Canderella's friends + whatever else you wanted to add works fine. She should be fairly new to things, so write accordingly.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

For Jaela, she's finally reached native CL20 on the Divine Crusader side previous level. So when she advances it now, it'd be epic spell progression. I need to know how it will go for the next 2 levels (obviously).
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Also, do we have lvl10 spells for the following domains? Water, Time, Magic, Renewal, Travel, War, Knowledge, Protection, Illusion.

Nephrite

From way back when with the Bard Mastery book, I think I've ultimately changed my mind not to go with the Nature Bard and will go with Bardic Sage variant from Unearthed Arcana.

Can I please have confirmation that in picking it, I get the following:

1 Divination spell added to my Bard spells known per level (Including Epic casting)
The ACF gives +2 to bardic knowledge but since I don't have that, is it fair to give it +1 to bardic knack instead?
Can I also keep my Charisma-based casting and not need to swap it?

Nephrite

Another question:

If I took Permanent Emanation, would that work on Hindsight? If so, how would it work? Can I just... use it whenever I want?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 03, 2017, 04:37:20 PM
For Jaela, she's finally reached native CL20 on the Divine Crusader side previous level. So when she advances it now, it'd be epic spell progression. I need to know how it will go for the next 2 levels (obviously).

I'll have an epic progression up for it today. Woke up with a nightmare so I'm gonna do that now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

It's up, Cor. Bit of a rush job so poke if you see any errors, but by and large it should be correct.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 03, 2017, 05:12:18 PM
Also, do we have lvl10 spells for the following domains? Water, Time, Magic, Renewal, Travel, War, Knowledge, Protection, Illusion.

Time 10 is Mass Freedom of Movement. It's Travel 10 as well.

War 10 is War's Blessing.

Energy Immunity is Protection 10.

The others are not filled.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 03, 2017, 05:49:08 PM
From way back when with the Bard Mastery book, I think I've ultimately changed my mind not to go with the Nature Bard and will go with Bardic Sage variant from Unearthed Arcana.

Can I please have confirmation that in picking it, I get the following:

1 Divination spell added to my Bard spells known per level (Including Epic casting)
The ACF gives +2 to bardic knowledge but since I don't have that, is it fair to give it +1 to bardic knack instead?
Can I also keep my Charisma-based casting and not need to swap it?

For reference, where is the nature bard you're mentioning?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 03, 2017, 10:44:53 PM
Another question:

If I took Permanent Emanation, would that work on Hindsight? If so, how would it work? Can I just... use it whenever I want?

RAW it works, so that's probably how I'd run it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 04, 2017, 07:32:34 AM
Quote from: Corwin on June 03, 2017, 05:12:18 PM

Time 10 is Mass Freedom of Movement. It's Travel 10 as well.

War 10 is War's Blessing.

Energy Immunity is Protection 10.

The others are not filled.

Thanks! Is there an easy to reference repository for them? I tried the spell collection, but it only had 2 domains.