"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Nephrite

Notating here I'm taking Epic Inspiration for level 27 and Permanent Emanation, Hindsight as my 27 and Fatesinger 3 epic feats.

Also here's a spoiler block on spell changes.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Moved most divination bard spells to the extra spell known. Filled in those gaps at 0 with Ghostharp and 1 at Mimicry.
Removed Hindsight as he's taking Permanent Emation, Hindsight.
Moved Superior Resistance over to Favored Soul casting.
Moved Heroes' Feast to Bard casting.
Swapped Summon Monster 8 to Favored Soul casting.
Added Disrupting Weapon for 5th
Bolt of Glory and Lucent Lance for 6th
Regenerate for 7th 

Took Righteous Halo and Wall of Greater Dispel Magic for my 8th level slots.

Took Antimagic Ray in 7th level bard casting since I moved Vision to the divination slot. Took Antimagic Sound and Greater Harmonic Void for 8th level spells.

Added Wish as 9th level Bard spell with Bibliotheca Arcana as Bardic Sage's 9th level divination slot.

EDIT: Guess who already took Epic Inspiration once before? This guy!!! I know you can take it multiple times but I'm going to see if I really want to do that.

EDIT: I'm going to take Polyglot instead. There's time for a slew of epic inspirations later.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 07, 2017, 01:10:15 PM
Shape Soul I'm hesitant to use. The description notes it's rarely given to mortals, it isn't the sort of thing that really works on demand, since using it unwisely gets you smited. Like miracle, you don't cast it as much as politely request it and hope your deity agrees. It does fit thematically, though.

Remind me tomorrow, need to do a bit of DM homework on one part of this.

To be fair, Miracle ends up on a couple domain lists too. I think it's fair that some clericy type that reached the point of getting lvl11 domain spells and has the Renewal domain could be granted Shape Soul from their deity. If the deity disagrees with the actual usage, like with Miracle, it won't work.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 07, 2017, 01:18:25 PM
It was meant to be enhancement bonuses to Strength like the original spell, my reply got a bit mangled somehow and missed clarifying that. Whoops.

Anyway, work up a +8 version real quick.

Greater Divine Power
Evocation
Level: Clr 11, War 11
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Calling upon the divine power of your patron, you imbue yourself with strength and skill in combat. Your base attack bonus becomes equal to your character level (which may give you additional attacks) as well as gaining a +8 bonus to attack rolls and weapon damage rolls, and you gain 2 temporary hit point per caster level.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 07, 2017, 01:28:31 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 06, 2017, 03:15:00 PM
Firstly, again happy birthday, Dune.

Secondly, on the creation of dorjes:

The SRD states that the cost to create a dorje is 375 x Level of Power x level of caster.

However, the math they list for the sale of dorjes doesn't properly equate. I broke it down, and in actuality the math shows the cost to purchase a dorje is:

375 x Level of Power x TWICE the level of caster

What's your take on this?

Dorjes are wands, right? The prices in the SRD match that of SRD wands and seem to use that formula.

Where'd you get the formula for dorjes? I don't see it in the SRD offhand.

I got it from here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/creatingPsionicItems.htm#creatingDorjes
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Tryll reaches level 27!

A bunch of stuff was wrong because I never built spreadsheets for them!

HP goes up by a bunch!
Feats got restructured due to taking the Psicrystal Empowerment ACF!
New feats were taken!
Skills went up!
Saves went up!
BAB went up!
Calleigh got some feats!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Nephrite

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 07, 2017, 08:41:23 PM
Tryll reaches level 27!

A bunch of stuff was wrong because I never built spreadsheets for them!

This is how I feel literally every time we level up.

Anastasia

Misalea reaches level 25. One at a time since her build is complicated.

- Arcane Duelist 15 and Sentinel 11.
- 5 on a d10 for a total of 11 hit points and a grand total of 274 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of 25.
- Skills go as normal.
- Gains a bonus feat from spell-less sentinel. Misalea selects Extra Smiting(S11). She'll need more smites in the next 90 days, I'm sure.

A dead level on both sides, aside from a bonus feat. Rough.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Misalea reaches level 26.

- Arcane Duelist 16 and Bard 15.
- 5 on a d8 for a total of 11 hit points and a grand total of 285.
- +1 BAB for a total of 26.
- Gained inspire heroics. Handy enough.
- Gained 15th level bard casting. That's on the todo after this, since she needs a revamp there.
- +1 to all saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Gains a bonus feat from Arcane Duelist 16. Misalea selects Improved Enchant Chosen Weapon(AD16).

Marginally better, pending spells.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Dana reaches level 25 and 26.

- Dwarven Defender 13 and Psychic Warrior 18.
- 4 and 2 on 2d12 for a total of 22 hit points and a grand total of 366 hit points.
- +2 BAB for a total of 26.
- +1 trap sense for +3 total, since she can't ACF it out.
- +1 defensive stances per day. Sure, she could use that.
- +1 dodge bonus to AC. Always appreciated with her build.
- Gains 26th level psychic warrior manifesting. Her new maximum power point total is 325. She gains 1 new power of 8th level or lower, so she whips this up. She goes with Dana's Endurance, below. (Yuth, let me know what you think of this one.)
- +1 to all saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Gains a bonus feat from Psychic Warrior 17. Dana selects Psionic Body(PW17). Her new maximum hit points is 392.

Okay set of levels, got something of everything.

Dana's Endurance
Psychometabolism (Healing)
Level: Psychic Warrior 8
Display: Auditory and material
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 min/level
Power Points: 15

You manifest a burst of power that grants you 75 temporary hit points, fast healing 5 and a +5 bonus to Fortitude saving throws. As an immediate action, you can end this spell to gain mettle for a Fortitude save. You must do this after the Fortitude save is called for but before you roll it.

You retain the +5 bonus to Fortitude saves for the save you gain mettle for.

Augment

For every additional power point you spend, the number of temporary hit points you gain increases by 5.

For every 2 additional power points you spend, the fast healing you gain increases by 1.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

NOW HEAR THIS!

The MIGHTY BALERUK has deigned to advance further. HIS PRISMATIC MAJESTY SHALL NOW DISPLAY A TINY FRACTION OF HIS VAST POWER TO ALL OF AURORA!

AS YOU LESSER MORTALS so struggle to describe my majesty in an incomplete way, I am now a prismatic dragon 29 and abomination 29. Know that Baator itself now QUAKES AT MY NAME!

Cower, for my hit points are vast. 667 of them, one extra for THE ABYSS FLED IN TERROR AND BEGGED FOR ME TO HAVE ANOTHER, SO THAT THEY WOULD NOT BE SHAMED BY BASKING IN MY RAINBOW LUSTER!

My scales cannot be breached, for they are 5 points harder now. This 'natural armor bonus' you so crudely cite is now +27 instead of +22. You are welcome.

Hmph, I am NOT MERELY CONSTRAINED BY WHAT you call BAB. Nonetheless, I will humor you and put it at a mere 29 points, an increase of 5 from before. It would not do to completely shatter your primitive attempt to encapsulate my grandeur.

25?! 25?! NO! I will NOT STAND FOR THIS BLASPHEMY! MY DAMAGE REDUCTION IS NOW 30, AND BE THANKFUL I DO NOT EXPEND THE SLIGHTEST EFFORT TO MAKE IT 300, FOR SUCH IS WELL WITHIN MY PRISMATIC GRASP!

Record this and record it well, for this is of the utmost importance. My spell resistance is now 44, but know that no magic dares strike Baleruk unless I allow it!

Likewise, I adjust my regeneration to 34, though no creature you dare fight shall ever come close to damaging me.

I bolster my saving throws by 1. Nothing more needs to be said, for THAT IS THE WILL OF BALERUK!

Afina! I demand that you record this: My skills have all risen by 5 ranks. For I find the number 5 pleasing today. TREMBLE IN FEAR, FOR TOMORROW ANOTHER NUMBER SHALL BE SO EXALTED IN THE NAME OF BALERUK!

Very well, I give you permission to award me Improved Rapidstrike(27). Rejoice, for this is the most important moment of your life.

The following spells are now revered, for I have wield them with my ineffable and irresistible power: Chaos Hammer, Moonbow, Acid Storm and Greater Teleport.

Thus I am Baleruk, AND THIS SHALL BE WRITTEN HERE, NOW AND FOREVER!
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Hey Baleruk.

The Great and Powerful Surraruthru's draconic magic overshadows yours. If you need some tutoring, I'm sure we can work something out.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Baleruk deigns to only show the barest hint of his true arcane mastery, for casting spells of the 80th circle around lesser beings is unbecoming of one of MY PRISMATIC MAJESTY!
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 07, 2017, 11:32:47 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 07, 2017, 11:20:19 PM
NOW HEAR THIS!
Oh friggin Christ.

It is acceptable to be overawed, mortal. For it is known that this moment IS THE MOMENT WHEN YOU GLIMPSED TRUE DIVINE ROYALTY!
<Afina> Forever.