Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Lesser Obr From Elecrton
Conkurasion (Kreation) [Lectricity]

As Lesser Orb From Four, xcept it deals 5d6 points oricity damige.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 30, 2017, 10:58:34 PM
Lesser Obr From Elecrton
Conkurasion (Kreation) [Lectricity]

As Lesser Orb From Four, xcept it deals 5d6 points oricity damige.
JESUS CHRIST
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Afina & Moore:

Would either or both of you like to accompany Tryll & Calleigh to Water in order to bargain with the Padisha of the Marid for a sample of pure water?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

Nephrite

Iron Dragoon

Surraruthru's swapping the following Feats:

Sculpt Spell -> Empower Spell
Greater Spell Penetration -> Split Ray

Edit: Also selecting Scorching Ray for Eleven Spell Lore.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Hey, all. I recall someone posting the breakdown for a single item that gives +x to all skills, and how to improve it. It was probably Dune. I can't find it though. Anybody have it?

Anastasia

Do you mean all Knowledge skills?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

The closest I can think of is Medi's potions, which are priceless.

Knowledge Prisms are the next closest thing and they cover all 10 SRD standard Knowledge skills. They're expensive fast, check the first epic magic item booster pack for that formula. An item to boost all skills at once would be much more expensive and possibly an artifact, I'd have to do my homework.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I know Iddy had posted about adding another type of skill bonus to the prism, like for something that wasn't just a knowledge.

Anastasia

Unofficial and off the top of my head, I'd aim for +5 being at least 100,000 gold if not higher, +10 being around 400,000 and who knows for anything higher. I'm not sure if there are any items that boost all skills in 3.5, I can't think of any offhand but I could be wrong.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Nephrite on September 06, 2017, 04:15:16 PM
I know Iddy had posted about adding another type of skill bonus to the prism, like for something that wasn't just a knowledge.

I added spellcraft.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

So I did a few morning posts today. As you may know I've been avoiding those lately, as I feel they were part of my burn out. I feel pretty good this morning so have a couple, but don't expect a resurgence in them any time soon. Just FYI.

(This is mostly for people like Neph, Eb and Cor, who I sometimes see here at the early hours of like 730 AM EST. Scary!)
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia
1. Anyone who wishes to have ranks in a non craft (or relevant profession skill related to art) skill transfered into such a skill may do so. Renbuu is offering to do so. Post so if you're interested.
So I did this, finally. Meant to take Crystalworking but kept forgetting. Took the change by dropping Hide & Tumble ranks. Neither is really needed. In addition, I forgot that the ioun stone for +2 Dex was changed to +5 Craft, and I used the bonus in the last dungeon. Responsibly, we therefore need to assume that I repurchased the stone. I'll post the cost in Loot and make necessary changes to my sheet.