News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, starting next round in combat I'm going to ask for tentative plans for each PC, answerable whenever (or just taking your turn, if that comes first). Idea is to have a plan in place, that barring conditions set coming and changing it, so that turns can be taken rather than waiting on people.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

I feel like this is aimed at me, and I also feel like it's justified.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

It's not aimed at you in particular, Yuth. You've had issues this week, but so has Cor and Iddy. All of you have had good reasons, so I'm introducing this to help when these things happen. I'm sure Neph and Eb will have issues too at some point.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

To expand: I know shit happens. I have my health issues and my eyes, you and Iddy have work (and Iddy[s been sick), Cor has his busy job. I'm generally not upset at any of you for it, but I am trying to mitigate the slowdowns so we can clean fights like this faster.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Normally I keep my cards pretty close to my chest. In this case I'm going to spill because one batch of monsters you fought was publically posted.

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103072.msg1055042.html#msg1055042
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103072.msg1055051.html#msg1055051
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103072.msg1056422.html#msg1056422

I strongly suggest reading a the entire flavor block for Levistus as well as the other two. A few salient parts that should help explain why they were there are pasted below.

QuoteAvatars and aspects are an extension of a deity's will, used to interact with lesser creatures and travel in the mortal world. They do not possess free will, yet this rule has been broken by Levistus. Levistus's aspect has taken on a life of his own and now works to his own ends; indeed, he now conspires against the imprisoned Lord of the Fifth.

When Levistus was sealed away by Asmodeus, he had an aspect attending to business within Carceri. The sealing severed the connection between aspect and master, which rendered the aspect nothing more than a mindless shell. It should have immediately returned to Levistus and been imprisoned with the Prince of Stygia. Instead, the aspect was pulled back by Carceri at the same time as the seal attempted to take him. The prison plane would not relinquish a chance to capture a prime inmate. Yet as the two inexorable forces fought over the aspect, the impossible happened. The aspect, which by all rights should have been reduced to a mindless shell, acted of its own will and betrayed both. It opened a portal and escaped, eluding both forces.

The aspect, which calls itself Levistus and will be referred to as such from hereon, was now fully aware. He was no longer connected to the true Levistus and only a shadow of the might of the Prince of Stygia. Nevertheless, he was still a powerful being and capable of growing stronger. He has all the memories of Levistus, and while he did not believe himself the true Levistus, was not in the least bit disturbed by that.  His connection to Levistus was gone, only leaving the memories of the Lord of the Fifth and fragments of his divine might.

QuoteLevistus is generally unknown to the nobles of Hell. Bel is aware of him from before his rise to Lord of the First, but has no interest in dealing with him. There is only one fate for traitors to Baator's military machine; however, he has kept this knowledge to himself. He has loose plans to frame an enemy with connections to this Levistus at the right time, the knowledge is hoarded as a trump card. With Levistus's reputation as a traitor, the proper framing can make a connection damning indeed. Levistus knows that Bel knows, and has properly deduced the reasons why Bel has not informed the rest of Hell. Levistus made several new strongholds across the planes after this realization, to ensure safe retreat is available should he be used as a scapegoat.

Also, note the following is no longer true.

QuotePsionic (Ex)

Levistus has some fragments of psionic powers from the true Levistus. He is treated as a psionic character and has a power point reserve equal to a 36th level psion. However, he does not currently have any psionic abilities.

Levistus is now manifests powers at least as a 36th level psion and could possibly be higher.[/quote]

In general I played fairly close to their sheets, though I did make some alterations, some seen and some not.

The point of this is to show some of Hell's private politics and how someone like that ended up opposing you. Levistus really had nothing against Aurora, but Bel made an offer he couldn't pass up. The rogue aspect as noted there is bad enough, one with manifesting restored is far worse. Of course, a Bel desperate enough to do that and strike a bargain with such a being...well, that says a lot about how Aurora has strove and triumphed again and again.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Boy got stomped. Either way, he'll make Bel pay for it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I suspect Levistus would've held or even won the encounter without Hope. That was a tough party to face him, though at least you had dispelling so it wasn't a total disaster. Still, actually harming Levistus with that party is hard, as he can hit well past 100 AC and has good enough spell resistance, immunities and saves to stop most attempts cold.

Levistus got his manifesting out of it and will plot revenge, assuming Bel's around to take revenge on.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Yeah, this is the sort of thing I don't want to robo someone for, so we're sort of waiting on Jaela. Just heads up in case you're wondering why I don't do something.

What Jaela does and how she does it may matter, that's not a choice I want to make for her.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Cor? Are you there, Cor? Answer me? SNAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE! COOOOOORRRRRR!

Yeah, still waiting and hoping on Cor, work must've gotten him fiercely. Hope verything's okay.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Motion to name Rei-chan as an honorary devil.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

The power of destiny is the power to bribe the dicebot.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on February 28, 2018, 02:57:47 PM
The power of destiny is the power to bribe the dicebot.

How terrifying!
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Post about if tomorrow or Friday is going to be my down day tomorrow morning, as well as more about that possible Saturday session. Laying low the rest of the night in the meanwhile.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also I wanna see page 400 of nagging.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.