News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Take 10 for 33 to ID all magical items.

Voting Elrisa's stuff goes to her top student. Maybe one of the fairies we rescued is good at sewing?

Anastasia

From the treasury

8,400 gold in myriad coins of many types.
Gold plated wooden chalice. It resembles a magical chalice, but in fact holds no enchantment that you can detect.
Jade hairpin - Finath's Desire: This jade hairpin grants a +4 bonus to charisma. When worn by a man, they become brave, bold and extremely protective of women, to the point of sexism. Women who wear this become demure, submissive and the 'ideal' housewife. Protection against mind affecting stops these changes, but also renders the charisma bonus non-functional. Sexless creatures also gain no benefit from wearing Finath's Desire.  25,000 gold.
Dragon tooth comb, studded with emeralds.
A golden apple, preserved in some sort of foul smelling, clear liquid. - Heavenly Seed. This apple is a cored-out apple of Idun, used as a time and decay resistant prison, surrounded by a magical liquid that enhances these properties. When the golden seed within is consumed, it has effects varying on whom consumed it. An evil creatures takes 10d12 points of damage with no save, and must make a DC 30 fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 hour. A neutral creature on the good/evil axis must make a DC 25 fortitude save or be nauseated for 30 minutes. A good aligned creature gains damage reduction 5/evil. Creatures with damage reduction that does not include that descriptor gain it. A creature who already has evil as a descriptor instead gains an additional 5 points of damage reduction.
A pair of iron bracelets - Bracelets of Strength+6, grants +6 enhancement to strength. 36,000 gold.
A spellbook - Yugoloth spellbook, full of various incantations: 15,000 gold.
A pair of gauntlets, rimmed with purple and black felt - Gauntlets of Night's Touch. Grants any held weapon a bonus 1d6 points of unholy damage. 35,000 gold.
2 blue vials of fluid - Two potions of cure serious wounds: 750 gold each.
1 ingot of adamantine
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Love that hairpin. We should fuse it with the girdle of sex changing, fusing their magic so it makes women be brave/bold and makes men demure.

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

The only thing I would be interested in would be the gauntlets.

I second Eb's vote for Elrisa's stuff.

We may have to throw an Identify spell at that apple. >_>
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

You have a belt of giant strength+6. Wouldn't both be enhancement bonuses so not stack?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 08, 2011, 06:55:20 PM
A pair of gauntlets, rimmed with purple and black felt - Gauntlets of Night's Touch. Grants any held weapon a bonus 1d6 points of unholy damage. 35,000 gold.
Gauntlets, not bracelets.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

This is correct. Enhancement bonuses don't stack. The bracelets aren't implicitly an enhancement bonus but they're meant to be. Fixing.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on November 08, 2011, 08:26:39 PM
Love that hairpin. We should fuse it with the girdle of sex changing, fusing their magic so it makes women be brave/bold and makes men demure.

Hah, scary image.

Quote from: Yuthirin on November 08, 2011, 08:27:16 PM
The only thing I would be interested in would be the gauntlets.

This was asked in chat but I'll answer it here: The gauntlets specifically say any held weapon, so they wouldn't work unarmed.

If you guys want to drop an Identify on the apple, say so and post the cost and I'll supply the details.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

[20:50] <Merc> roll d20+13 spellcraft
[20:50] * Hatbot --> "Merc rolls d20+13 spellcraft and gets 24." [d20=11]
[20:50] <Kotono> Post that, though it's lower than Afina's take ten on it.

Was a quick check for apple. Going to ask Tepen to check too (if his roll fails, I'll pay for the identify from Tepen, -100g).

Yuthirin

I am no longer interested in the gauntlets.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+30
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+30 and gets 49." [1d20=19]

Success, item updated.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

*pats pats Yuth* Do you want to be both manly and prettier maybe?

Anastasia

Clearly the hairpin+girdle should be the answer, so Willim can get in touch with his succubus heritage. Yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Adrian would whimper if Willim did that.