News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

NPCs won't claim anything right away, but if you have suggestions for things that they could take to help them, feel free.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

The Barbarian's Ring sounds fun. Any chance of a value on that?

Caveat: If it's an enhancement bonus, it doesn't stack with my current gear. If that's the case, I'll withdraw my interest.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Is anything EVIL? Also, a valid point. Are all these artifacts? If not, having a price estimate will probably help quite a bit.

Boots of the Bringer of the White: When worn by a paladin, these boots grant an extra smite evil per day. In addition, whenever you successfully smite evil, you gain a +3 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls for the next minute.
Barbarian's Ring: Grants an additional +4 strength when the wearer rages.
Orb-Blade of the Arcane: When studied by a duskblade, it allows them to add a single 1st and 3rd level spell to their spells known from the sorc/wizard spell list. Once used the orb-blade is expended.
Holyman's Faith: Cloak that grants a good aligned character with levels in cleric, favored soul, paladin or similar class a +2 sacred bonus to armor class and saving throws, as well as an additional 3 1st level spells per day.

EDIT: Clarification on Nature's Rhapsody, please. A normal staff of the woodlands would function as a +2 quarterstaff. Is that superseded by this item acting as a small sword +2?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Re: prisoners. The planetar is our catch? If so, I recall Adrian talking about encountering two celestial and knocking one of them out.

Also, did we run out of holding space for them?

Ebiris

As far as prisoners go I've got no problem with releasing all non-devil prisoners so we don't have to waste space/resources on them, and giving them their gear back because it's not like we're at war with whomever they represent.

edit: We may as well get ransoms from the Crimson Banner command for releasing those dudes, since they offered.

Corwin

Temporary tally

Prizes, Army 1:
390+2,190+9,000+18,000+2,500x5(Talons)+25,000+4,000+2,000 = 73,080gp

Hoard:
Coins, precious metals and gems
55,757+340+2,500+680+50+1,000+1,555+20+48+86+869+1,138+650 = 64,693gp

Works of art and other valuable things:
400+1,500+1,000+1,400+60+10+200+8,000+5+40+100+80+255+10+180+89+400+50+750+400+1,000+130+690+1,000 = 17,749gp
+600[pixie wings, suggesting to destroy this one?]

Non magical gear and miscellaneous things:
500+180+180+150+32+3,000+25+250+400+260+40+550+120+50 = 5,735gp
+350(BoVD)+400(BoVD) [not sure if the components themselves are evil, but better be safe with that sort of origin; feather powder doesn't seem evil, weeping stones might be?]

Magical items:
3,000+4,500+4,000+2,000+51,000+35,000+40,000+70,000+55,000 = 264,500gp

Not priced/artifacts:
Two heavy wooden boxes. Inside each box is a book of fine make, leather covered and with pages appearing to be made of gold, silver, platinum, cold iron, mithral, adamantine, charcoal, onyx, ruby and diamond. On taking the book out, a near-overwhelming desire manifests, demanding that the other box be opened and the books be united. As of yet, the books have not been united or read.

---

I won't make any claims until it's clearer just what I can afford to ask for.

Ebiris

Destroying the pixie wing book is fine with me. Afina suggests taking them all out of the book and casting them into Air.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Ebiris on December 17, 2011, 07:32:06 AM
Destroying the pixie wing book is fine with me. Afina suggests taking them all out of the book and casting them into Air.

I found that somewhat offensive too. I'm fine with that.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

How about asking Tepen to scribe a couple Disjunction scrolls? Prismatic barriers are hateful and eventually we'll end up in situations where we can't bypass them easily.

Ebiris

Why not just get a rod of cancellation? It's pretty cheap at 11k and can bring down barriers all day long.

Corwin

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 17, 2011, 03:42:51 AM
The Barbarian's Ring sounds fun. Any chance of a value on that?

Caveat: If it's an enhancement bonus, it doesn't stack with my current gear. If that's the case, I'll withdraw my interest.

It's an untyped bonus. Prices and clarifications coming, I pasted an earlier block instead of the most current treasure block.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 17, 2011, 05:40:03 AM
Is anything EVIL? Also, a valid point. Are all these artifacts? If not, having a price estimate will probably help quite a bit.

Prices added. Nothing in the horde radiates evil. They're unique items, but not artifacts.

QuoteEDIT: Clarification on Nature's Rhapsody, please. A normal staff of the woodlands would function as a +2 quarterstaff. Is that superseded by this item acting as a small sword +2?

It's a longsword that functions as a staff of the woodlands. The quarterstaff part doesn't come into play for obvious reasons - it's already a long sword.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 17, 2011, 05:54:38 AM
Re: prisoners. The planetar is our catch? If so, I recall Adrian talking about encountering two celestial and knocking one of them out.

Also, did we run out of holding space for them?

No, just lost in the paperwork shuffle. Adding to the report momentarily.
<Afina> Forever.