News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Ithea will spend 3250 gold to boost her shield's enhancement bonus by 1. Then she'll spend 875 gold to buy five scrolls of sending to keep handy. She's left with 36.52 gold.

Does Adrian have the 77 gold he still owes me btw?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Ithea buys the Glasses of Detect Breasts as a gag/reward for Stille, though she warns him that if she ever catches him wearing them outside of his room or hers, he's deadmeat. She's at 13.52 gold.

Yuthirin

I'm going to make the Deck a public thing. In place will be a warning to anyone who draws that the cards can be extremely perilous. Any damage to the Aurora or the person or belongings of another must be paid for by the drawer. This warning is more for the general public and not for the PCs. It's meant as more of a deterrent from foolishness than anything else.

If any of you guys disagree with this decision, please say so. If one person disagrees, I won't do it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

I'd rather you didn't. As an aside, I chickened out. I don't want to risk losing my character to the void because of a bad roll.

Anastasia

If it matters, the NPCs who would be interested are Dana, Tannin, Kascha, Canderella and maaaabye Simmer.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on June 03, 2012, 09:04:39 PM
I'd rather you didn't. As an aside, I chickened out. I don't want to risk losing my character to the void because of a bad roll.

It is a risk. High risk/high reward. I can't really blame anyone for not rolling.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I am now more against Muirfinn's public idea than ever. Kascha will surely roll void or talons. Tannin will roll balance. I know it.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on June 03, 2012, 09:06:54 PM

It is a risk. High risk/high reward. I can't really blame anyone for not rolling.
I wouldn't mind most of the risks, except for the ones that would stop me from playing the character. If Ithea dies, I don't want it to be just because of a gamble.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on June 03, 2012, 09:10:57 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 03, 2012, 09:06:54 PM

I wouldn't mind most of the risks, except for the ones that would stop me from playing the character. If Ithea dies, I don't want it to be just because of a gamble.

That's why I don't blame anyone, really.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Ko badgered me and tempted me with glittery things. I will tempt fate one last time.

Drawing one card. God save me.

[21:33] * Hatbot --> "Muirfinn rolls 1d24 and gets 16."12 [1d24=16]
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

I thought that once you made a decision to draw a certain number you could no longer draw again?

Quote from: SRDThe character with a deck of many things who wishes to draw a card must announce how many cards she will draw before she begins. Cards must be drawn within 1 hour of each other, and a character can never again draw from this deck any more cards than she has announced.

Anastasia

Whoops. Disregard that roll then, think we both forgot.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hanna's back and she comes back with 30,000 gold from that entire affair. She'll spend 9750 to upgrade her bracers of armor to the pre-epic max of +8. 20250 left. She'll spend 12500 on an amulet of natural armor+5. 7750 gold left. She'll spend 4k on a cloak of charisma+4. 3750 left. She'll donate this to Afina's golem fund, since golems are good and it boosts Aurora's forces.
<Afina> Forever.