Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I don't really interfere with the loot of other people, so I don't have any opinion on the paintings themselves (unless something is literally Evil it's up to the owners, pretty much).

That said, I didn't see reactions to Morniel's request short of Eb's. So I'd like to suggest appropriating the Aurora's funds to purchase the Valane, and gifting it to Barachiel as a gift as we go see him this tuesday.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 10, 2012, 03:14:13 AM
I figure it'd be quilium-laden or whichever, not literally made of the metal itself, for the specific miss chance property like a cloak of displacement has (is that really so weird? mithral chain is apparently so nice you can wear it under your clothes without any problems). But if there's plenty left, do you mind making a breastplate from it, Eb?

Oh, that makes a lot more sense than an actual full cloak. Yeah, you could do that and it very well may have results like that. Beyond handling the Blade of Endings, what exactly Quilium does is still hazy to you guys, so no guarantees.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 10, 2012, 03:34:41 AM
I don't really interfere with the loot of other people, so I don't have any opinion on the paintings themselves (unless something is literally Evil it's up to the owners, pretty much).

That said, I didn't see reactions to Morniel's request short of Eb's. So I'd like to suggest appropriating the Aurora's funds to purchase the Valane, and gifting it to Barachiel as a gift as we go see him this tuesday.

To answer the implied question, the paintings and tapestries don't radiate evil or anything like that.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I wasn't even implying anything, heh. Anyway, let's try the cloak? It just seems cooler.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Could be a great gift!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 10, 2012, 03:47:41 AM
I wasn't even implying anything, heh. Anyway, let's try the cloak? It just seems cooler.

Okay, we'll sort that out in the morning since it's 3 AM and I'm on my last half leg.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 10, 2012, 03:48:12 AM

Could be a great gift!

Could also make a killer backscratcher.

Y'know, I considered dropping a magical backscratcher in Alrandalhaz's hoard as a joke item? Didn't do it, but I thought it was funny at the time.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Okay! We're gonna buy Valane out of Aurora funds, and burn the shit out of Demon's Offering, Righteous Blasphemy, Relief, Triumph over Yourself, Apology, and Learned Helplessness. The Vrock cloak also gets it. Afina and Simmer will see to the burning with extreme prejudice.

What this means for loot is...

Total of 192,589gp.

Aurora gets 96,294.50 putting it at 438,840.04gp after being 346,545.54gp

The rest all get 16,049.08gp minus any particular item claims.

Subtract 5,715 from the total, putting it at 186,874.

Aurora gets 93,437 which includes Valane so only 21,437 as cash.

Everyone else (Afina, Hanna, Drena, Muirfinn, Ithea, and Balyss) gets 15,572.8gp.

Afina buys the flawed diamond to give to Baleruk as before. She'll probably need to give Hanna more for that staff but I'll wait and see what changes before updating that.

Edit: Aurora funds stand at 367,982.54gp

Anastasia

Hanna: The staff costs Afina an additional 476.28 gold.

Drena: Drena's contribution to the Aurora fund drops to 2005.8 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Aurora funds are now 369,988.34gp

Afina pays the excess for Hanna's staff.

Merc

[14:26] <Ithea> roll d24
[14:26] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d24 and gets 15." [d24=15]
[14:26] <Kotono> We'll resolve them each in turn.
[14:27] <Kotono> Ruin! You lose all nonmagical possessions and wealth. What does this all take from you?

Ithea's share from Makan's place vanishes. She also loses:
Wealth: 13.52g
Royal Outfit, 500g: Wearing this outfit makes you look good. You gain a +3 circumstantial bonus to diplomacy and bluff checks against nobility and royalty.
Silk and velvet linked cherrywood jewelry box, 80g
Silver Brooch, 30g
Silver Ring, 100g

Assuming none of that was magical.

[14:28] <Ithea> roll d24
[14:28] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d24 and gets 16." [d24=16]

Dread Wraith defeated.

[14:39] <Ithea> roll d24
[14:39] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d24 and gets 2." [d24=2]
[14:40] <Kotono> OOC: Reroll that one, don't want to deal with Comet the way I do levels.
[14:40] <Ithea> ooc: You suck!
[14:40] <Ithea> roll d24
[14:40] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d24 and gets 22." [d24=22]
[14:41] <Ithea> ooc: If your laziness got my soul voided, I will hate you forever.
[14:41] <Kotono> OOC: I laughed, but that is a dick DM thing to do. I'll call those cancelling out washes since you got a good result last time. Roll again adn this one'll count.
[14:41] <Ithea> roll d24
[14:41] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d24 and gets 24." [d24=24]
[14:42] <Kotono> Roll a will save immediately.
[14:42] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[14:42] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 61." [1d100=61]
[14:42] <Ithea> roll d20+25+7 oh come on! (inspiration, because fuck will saves and cannibal demons!)
[14:42] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+25+7 oh come on! (inspiration, because fuck will saves and cannibal demons!) and gets 48." [d20=16]

[14:52] <Kotono> Ithea draws a card! On it is the images of hundreds - each a different race! She rises into the air, bursting aflame as...OOC: PM and more. Go ahead and describe yourself after the PM.
[15:06] <Ithea> Ithea blinks as she stares at herself again and thinks that someone in the fire planes has some horrible sense of humor regarding Aurora and it's members, as her fur has disappeared, replaced with an orange tinted skin and her hair now resembles heavily Afina's and Simmer's firey locks.
[15:06] <Ithea> Unlike the two fey, however, her own transformation has left no hint of her past self, and overall she feels almost diminished for it, as she tries to come to terms with her transformation into a fire genasi.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 10, 2012, 03:47:41 AM

Quilium Thread Cloak

This cloak grants a 20% miss chance when worn.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Balyss has 15572.8+5422.6=20995.4 gold.  She'll buy a Mooncloak for 8700 gold. 12295.4 gold left. She'll spend 45 gold to commission a moon mote. 12250.4 gold left. She'll then get 4 moonfire salves for 2500 gold. 9750.4 gold left. She'll buy a dusty rose ioun stone+2 for 6250 and call it Red Moon. 3500.4 gold left. 3k on boots of haste since why not? 500.4 gold left, which she'll lend to Ithea so she can get a new wardrobe.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Ithea is thankful and drags Balyss, Sylvie, Simmer and Stille for a shopping spree at Brightwater. She also plans on seeing Lady Bast while there to see if anything can be done about her current race.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Muirfinn graciously accepts the spoils and holds onto them for now.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?