Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Can we make a generic Ring of Mind Blank? [2,000gpx8x15/2 = 120,000gp]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 17, 2012, 05:44:19 PMNow that we own Hador, who is best suited for reforging it as a force against fiends? Hanna? Afina? Any checks we can make there on the blade to study its situation better?

Anyone with ranks in Craft(Weaponsmithing) or a similar skill can attempt to restore Hador. Due to the delicate state Hador is in, it will require slow, painstaking work by hand. The basic magic is entirely intact, but the blade and the magic are damaged and on the verge of collapse. Careful rebuilding will restore the weapon, while failure invites destruction.

In other words, whomever fixes this should bring the A game.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 18, 2012, 12:37:23 AM
Can we make a generic Ring of Mind Blank? [2,000gpx8x15/2 = 120,000gp]

Certainly.

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Corwin on June 17, 2012, 05:44:19 PM
Reminder about this.

Now that we own Hador, who is best suited for reforging it as a force against fiends? Hanna? Afina? Any checks we can make there on the blade to study its situation better?

On the Tannin Mind Blank-granting item, I assume we settled on the Ring of Mental Fortitude. In that case, I'm dipping into the Aurora funds to get 27,500gp (1/4th of 110,000gp) and pay for Tannin's item. In fact, how about also making him a reserve Ring of Plane Shift 1/day for a swift escape if need be? [1,800gpx5x9/5 = 16,200gp] If my math here is right, then it would cost us 4,050gp. Since Tannin doesn't have any stylish boots, perhaps he would prefer the item in that form instead?

The new Aurora fund is at: 184,388.34gp - 27,500gp -4,050gp = 152,838.34gp

Swap the Ring of Mental Fortitude for a generic Ring of Mind Blank. [2,000gpx8x15/2 = 120,000gp]

Aurora fund adjusted. Now it is at 150,338.34gp.

Ebiris

Afina makes a belt of constitution +6 for Misalea for 9,000gp

Anastasia

-5000 gold to the Aurora war fund for Mercane gifts.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Yuthirin

Purchasing +5 Mithral Chain Barding (Improved Shadow)= (1000+150+100)*2=2500+15000+25000=42500*.25=10,625

Pretty sure that's right.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I came up with 41000 as the base price. +5 enchantment is 25000 gold, improved shadow is 15000 gold and light mithral armor is 1000 gold. Total is 41000 on my end, but check that again since I'm not familiar with barding.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Did you forget the 150 for masterwork, or did I add that in erroneously?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Oh, I tend to skip over that with magical equipment.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Yuthirin

Recalculated it's 42,000 with the barding multiplier.

Anastasia

Tome of the Ultimate Creator

This thick, silver and black tome is quite similar to a classical spellbook in design. It looks to be perhaps two hundred pages in length, yet comes closer to being three thousand pages when read. Within it this book are several stunning and revelatory insights into crafting and creation, showing the way forward into unheard of depths and creations. However, such is difficult - Afina can tell she will need several days to process this, the aid of incense and reagents worth 15,000 gold and it will require an intelligence check to master the material here.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina requests that the incense comes out of the Aurora fund.