News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

[20:29] * +Hatbot --> "Muirfinn rolls 1d20+37 and gets 38."12 [1d20=1]
[20:29] <Muirfinn> THE FUCK
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Fuck is right.

Muirfinn reads a few words - it is incredibly complex necromantic theories and arcana. After a few words are read, Muirfinn finds himself completely overwhelmed! His mind shuts down, regressing as a terrible feeling of contempt washes over him! Muirfinn is struck blind, deaf and dumb (as if by feeblemind). Fortunately Mind Blank does suppress the feeblemind effect, though you'll need to get it dispelled, not to mention do something about being blind and deaf.

Muirfinn is sure of one thing to the core of his being - he was not worthy. As if this book was the judge of all, it found his mind far too simple.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Heal SLA. I TRY AGAIN. I'M READY THIS TIME.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

[20:39] * +Hatbot --> "Muirfinn rolls 1d20+37 and gets 57."12 [1d20=20]
[20:39] * Hatbot was kicked by Kotono (Ko.)
[20:39] <Muirfinn> BOOM

Anastasia

This time Muirfinn resists. It's indeed incredibly complex necromantic theories - written by Prince Lixer, no less. However, after half a page it's become nothing but gibberish. Muirfinn's mind is incapable of understanding the thick, incredibly dense and complex arcane theories at work. He can at least confirm who wrote and that it seems targeted at arcane spellcasters.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 26, 2012, 11:45:56 PM
1. What do you do with the various evil object you've recovered? Elena has a suggestion about some of them and you could always ask others if you want advice.
If at all possible, they need to be redeemed.

This got lost in the back and forth, but yeah. If nothing else I figured at least one would tickle Jaela's fancy, since both her and Cor like those sort of quests.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

You say that like they're separate beings. =p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Well, Jaela IC and Cor OOC. It's a fine distinction.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

[23:20] <Merc> roll d20+34+15+3 K:A library+inspiration on Kobot for staff
[23:20] <Kobot> Merc rolled d20+34+15+3 K:A library+inspiration on Kobot for staff --> [ 1d20=9 ]{61}
[23:20] <Merc> roll d20+30+15+3 K:N library+inspiration on Kobot for leaf
[23:20] <Kobot> Merc rolled d20+30+15+3 K:N library+inspiration on Kobot for leaf --> [ 1d20=8 ]{56}
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

In addition to what Muirfinn learned about the Staff of the Jaded Heart, Ithea reveals the following: The Staff of the Jaded Heart turns the user into an amoral, jaded and utterly evil being. It is inherently corruptive and ultimately turns the user an emotionless slave of Hell. Lore suggests that Mephistopheles and Lixer worked together on the staff, though why is not known.

Ithea finds a lead deep in Aurora's library. In extremely rare circumstances, myths whisper that leaves from Yggdrasil end up separated from the great tree. No two leaves are alike, but each has the exact same effect on fey as this leaf does. Yggdrasil is the fey tree of reincarnation, Afina can tell you more about it if you're curious.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 26, 2012, 11:13:45 PM
Yeah, I copy/pasted Cor's last list and I didn't realize it wasn't up to date. I'll do that in a bit. Thanks for the catch, I should've caught that myself.

It is up to date, in the sense that it is our general army configuration. Any special changes (such as temporarily poaching people from the various armies for our special teams) isn't reflected in that. It's basically what should be in the Aurora topic, and our plans modify it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 27, 2012, 12:46:58 AM
Quote from: Yuthirin on August 26, 2012, 11:45:56 PM
1. What do you do with the various evil object you've recovered? Elena has a suggestion about some of them and you could always ask others if you want advice.
If at all possible, they need to be redeemed.

This got lost in the back and forth, but yeah. If nothing else I figured at least one would tickle Jaela's fancy, since both her and Cor like those sort of quests.

-Yeah, nothing really works for me from the loot so that's what I'll be doing. Skull of the Necropolis and Staff of the Jaded Heart could benefit the Aurora, and Yuth seems to be into the latter so I'll try for the former. Might as well give the Robes of the Necrolyte a try as well, since I grabbed so many of them.

-Anaxar is basically a +13 weapon?

-To fix my sundered weapon, do I need to basically commission a brand new one?

-I think I'll still be over 120k in debt after all this.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Afina doesn't want any of the loot (except the leaf but she's not worthy) so she'll take the cash.

If we can get the letter from Dagos into Abigor's hands (not that I don't want to see him die horribly) it could cause some chaos we can take advantage of. Can someone roll planes to get the name of a courier Abigor uses so I can planar bind it and send it to deliver the letter to Abigor?

As for evil stuff she's open to Elena's suggestions but otherwise is happy to blow them up or have folks try and redeem them.