News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

These are from the tortles, see Yuth's logs for more information. These offer a way to combine your powers into unique effects. Think Crono Trigger dual and triple techs. These are here to be an interesting option for you guys. If you like them, use them. If you don't, don't.

Combination magic

Combination magic are potent abilities that combine the powers of two people into one effect. Using a combination magic requires both users to act at the same time. This requires one to wait for the other's turn. Using a combination magic is a full round action for both users and they may not use any swift actions on their turn. In essence, the full turn is consumed by the combination magic. A combination magic is a supernatural ability unless noted otherwise. They ignore spell resistance as such.

Note that for when a combination magic calls for a user who can cast a particular spell (or use it as a spell-like ability), it consumes a spell charge, spell slot or spell-like ability use of it. Any metamagic on the spell or spell like ability is disregarded for the sake of combination magic. An empowered fireball used to power a combination magic has no further effect than a normal fireball.

Each stone must be kept on the person of one of the two combination magic users. It does not need to be held in hand.

Tortle Shell Stone

This stone enables the combination magic 'Tortle's Wave.'

Spoiler: ShowHide
Tortle's Wave
Users: One creature that can cast control water and one that can cast tortoise shell.
Positioning: Users must be adjacent to one another.
Duration: Instantaneous (damage) and 1 minute (natural armor).
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial.

This ability causes waves of pure water to lash out in an 80ft radius from the users. These waves of water deal 27d6 damage to all enemies within range. All allies in range find their skin hardening, gaining a +6 enhancement bonus to natural armor. A successful DC 30 Fortitude save halves the damage.

Fire Red Stone

This stone enables the combination magic 'Pixie's Burning Blade.'

Pixie's Burning Blade
Users: One creature with skirmish and one creature that can cast delayed blast fireball.
Positioning: Users must be within 30ft of each other at the beginning of the combination magic.
Duration: 1 round.
Saving Throw: None.

This combination magic allows one swift skirmish striker to deal blows with incredible amounts of fiery power. The skirmish user's weapon of choice is filled with fiery energy from delayed blast fireball, ready to strike at just the right moment. The skirmish user may then move and attack, but only if he can move far enough to trigger skirmish and there is a creature to attack within his movement range. Any creatures successfully skirmished until the start of the users next turn takes an extra 15d6 points of fire damage per strike.

Black-Spotted White Stone

This stone enables the combination magic 'Second of Nine Lives.'

Second of Nine Lives
Users: One creature that can cast resist energy and one creature that can cast heal.
Positioning: Users must be within 15ft of each other.
Duration: Instantaneous (healing) and 1 minute (energy resistance)

When used, this combination magic sends out healing and protection, as if the targets were cats with nine lives to burn. When used, all allies within 70ft heal 15d10 points of damage and gain energy resistance 30 to all five types of energy damage.

Angelfeather Stone

This stone enables the combination magic 'Twin Gambit.'

Twin Gambit
Users: One creature that has the feat Robilar's gambit and one creature with combat reflexes.
Positioning: Users must be adjacent to one another.
Duration: 1 round.

On using this combination magic, the user with combat reflexes moves into the same square(s) as the user with Robilar's gambit. The users must be the same size, with the sole exception of small and medium creatures. These two types of creatures may use this ability together. Both creatures offer up Robilar's gambit, and both gain an AoO whenever Robilar's gambit is triggered on either of them. If one of the users is dropped during this combination magic, the other keeps the benefits of Robilar's gambit for the rest of the round, including gaining an AoO against the creature who dropped the other use.

This combination magic may be repeated each round as the users wish. When the users cease to use it, the user with combat reflexes must immediately leave the other user's square.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Potion of Divine Insight CL 10 500g

Purchased on Aurora funds

Muirfinn owes 500g in debt to Aurora.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Combination Magic with stones is supposed to require three people! Of which one can't be Chrono! You need to add a third person requirement for those! =p

(Also, does this mean that we can create our own triple tech combination magic with our Chrono? And would that be Adrian?)
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on September 06, 2012, 11:37:18 PM
Combination Magic with stones is supposed to require three people! Of which one can't be Chrono! You need to add a third person requirement for those! =p

Details, details.

Quote(Also, does this mean that we can create our own triple tech combination magic with our Chrono? And would that be Adrian?)

If you like the idea, sure. I'd recommend trying them out a bit first, so we can get an idea of how they bear out in practical play. There will be costs involved - of course - and these were the 100 morale bonus from the tortles to open up the possibility.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Does it take a full round just to resolve? Is it more of a commitment to not doing anything else in the round you do them? Can you get interrupted at all?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 07, 2012, 05:58:55 AM
Does it take a full round just to resolve?

No, it's a full round action like a full attack.

QuoteIs it more of a commitment to not doing anything else in the round you do them?

As it's a full round action that doesn't allow swift actions, yes.

QuoteCan you get interrupted at all?

Generally not, barring situational things. They don't provoke AoOs.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Afina's newly empowered sword has the following properties. You can name it whatever you like.

This blade has the ability to project Afina's natural reality onto the world and onto herself. It functions as a small short sword+5 that grants a bonus 1d6 points on a successful skirmish.  This sword has several other powers and benefits from how it was created. These benefits are active when the sword is held and the action to use them, if any, varies. Note that these will change appropriately if Afina gains more elements or more wacky template changes.

- Afina is constantly feels warm and damp, like in gloriously moist fires. This gives her the benefits of Avoid Planar Effects and Endure Elements spell. This ability is always active as long as the sword is held.
- Against creatures anathema to Afina (devils) and to Creation (creatures from beyond), this sword deals an extra 5d6 points of damage per strike.
- Part of Afina's natural world is speed and dodging. As a swift action, she may grant herself a +4 dodge bonus to armor class while holding this sword. This may be used at will.
- Once per day, Afina may bestow some of her elemental energies to a willing creature by touch. This is a full round action. Doing so grants that creature the half fire or water elemental template (Afina's choice). This lasts for 24 hours. Doing so takes some of Afina's life energy, and she suffers a -2 penalty to constitution during this time. This penalty cannot be removed until the 24 hours pass.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina names it Afame.

Not any sort of sylvan phrase, just a play on Afina and Athame.

Anastasia

Gift to Ithea:

Gate of Counter Ithea's Luck

This small hoop is made of cat's eye quartz and about the size of a bracelet, and can be worn as such. Once per day as a standard action, it may be invoked to grow large and function as a Gate spell, caster level 17th.

This puts Sylvie back 15300 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Right, showing my work about Afame.

+5 enhancement bonus: +5.
+1d6 skirmish: Deadly Precision in the MIC grants +1d6 sneak attack/sudden strike for +1. That's close enough so let's go with that. +6 total.
Endure Elements and Avoid Planar Effects. I can't think of a weapon special ability that matches either of these, so this falls into the realm of DM judgment. I'm going to call this +3. Avoid Planar Effects is a useful, constant protective ability, enough to justify the +3. +9 total.
+5d6 vs devils and creatures from beyond. It's +1d6 more than a dread weapon but more narrow. I'll call it even. +4 more for a total of +13.
+4 dodge for a round as a swift action. This falls firmly in the realm of Fuck, I dunno. +3. +16.

I'm not even going to try and price the last one. Giving out a template isn't the sort of thing the magic item system is designed to handle, so I'm not even going to try. Okay. I'm going to call Afame a +20 weapon and leave it at that.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

The endure element/planar effects and template providing could be fitted into the same pricing as things like Aquatic or Shadowstrike where a set gp amount is added rather than adding to the enhancement value.

Ebiris

Afina buys the following books.

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 7: Steam. 150 gold.
Verhanez and the Wyrm: 400 gold.
Slambeat: 200 gold.

She'll chuck them in the library after reading.

edit: She'll also ask Vel to try and find a copy of Short Sword Mastery.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on September 14, 2012, 01:24:25 PM
Afina buys the following books.

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 7: Steam. 150 gold.
Verhanez and the Wyrm: 400 gold.
Slambeat: 200 gold.

She'll chuck them in the library after reading.

edit: She'll also ask Vel to try and find a copy of Short Sword Mastery.

He's working on it. Digging up the mastery books is difficult as there is no one source. He's been scraping them up. Some extra money to grease the wheels would be nice - a few tactical bribes can go a long way.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Afina gives Vel 1000gp to aid in his search.

Anastasia

Loot from the tree battle:

Glaive+1: 2,000 gold.
Glaive+1: 2,000 gold.
Cold iron Glaive+1: 4,000 gold.
Banded Mail+1: 1,000 gold.
Hellspear+2: 8,000 gold.
Hellspear+1, flaming: 8,000 gold.
Fullplate+2: 4,000 gold.
<Afina> Forever.