News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Abidas

Longspear+3, keen. This spear wastes nothing and cannot be escaped. When Abidas threatens a critical hit but the creature struck is immune to critical hits, Abidas grants a +3 bonus to the next attack roll made with it. When Abidas misses a target due to miss chance, it grants a -30 penalty to the target's next miss chance roll.

Arcanum XII

Arcanum XII is a powerful tome that can enhance arcane magic. To gain any benefit from Arcanum XII, it must be read for eight hours. At the conclusion of this time, the reader must make a DC 18 intelligence check. Failure results in the time being wasted to no gain. The reader may try again, but the DC rises by 3 for each failure. Success allows the reader to call on the power of Arcanum XII. Three times per day as a swift action while holding Arcanum XII, the holder may read a passage and weave it into her own spellcraft. This may provide any one of the following benefits, but each benefit may be called on only once per day. The bonus applies only the spell being cast.

- +3 bonus to caster level.
- Increase the die size of spell by one. d12s become 2d6. This applies only spells that deal damage, such as magic missile or fireball. Spells such as ray of enfeeblement and enervation are not affected.
- Spontaneously change the energy type of the spell. This applies only to spells with the fire, cold, electricity, acid or sonic descriptors. A fireball turned to cold would deal cold damage instead of fire damage, for example.
- Apply any one metamagic with a spell level adjustment of 3 or less. This metamagic is free and does not affect the level of the spell at all.
- Spell overload. This option applies all four benefits to one spell. It can only be used if all three of Arcanum XII's daily uses have not been expended. This causes an energy backlash, dealing 3d6 points of damage per level of the spell overloaded.

Eregal's Memento

This is a Bulwark of the Great Dragon, Silver.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Treasure from the Storm Elemental Cache.

Coins worth 23,094 gold.
Jewels worth 49,300 gold.

Tomes of Life

These tomes are a collection of books dealing with lifespans and mortality. This collection has books from many authors and has a total of 38 tomes. At least one book is missing from it and possibly others. None of the books are particularly interesting, but the missing tome of Elvish Lifespans, Volume 2 is hinted to go into fine detail with how elves live so long. Unfortunately the other two tomes only allude to it and do not go into detail. 5,700 gold.

Blue vase of unknown make: 300 gold.
Gold urn: 500 gold.
Glazed ceramic pots: 240 gold.
Clay pot lined with gold: 250 gold.
Glassteel Jar: 300 gold.
Black iron vase: 105 gold.
Waterskin made of non-decaying high centaur leather: 1,000 gold.
Flagon cunningly decorated with bird drawings: 300 gold.
Clay jar: 10 gold. - Of note, it looks like some sort of green powder was in here. Only a few crusted bits hint at what was in here before.

Masterwork Full Plate Armor: 1650 gold.
Helmet of Acuity: Grants a +5 competence bonus to spot checks (and does not inhibit vision despite being a full helmet): 2500 gold.
Helmet of Acuity: Grants a +5 competence bonus to spot checks (and does not inhibit vision despite being a full helmet): 2500 gold.
Boots of Elvenkind: 2500 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Comes to a total of 107,699 gold, provided that the items don't interest anyone?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anyone else? PCs in particular?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Since nobody has any interest in anything here, the loot is divided as follows:

35899.67g each to Muirfinn, Dana, and the Master.

Yuthirin

Muirfinn will pay off his 500g debt to the Aurora and purchase Unarmed Mastery from the book store.

He saves the rest for now.

This will set him back a total of -5500g.

Anastasia

Crystal lost the following: [Weapon]Pixielance: +1 small lance, holy surge.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Loot from the slaad dungeon, take 2.1

Holy avenger made of mithral.
Shadowed short sword.
Boxed lunar mace/wand.
Opal Reflector corex2
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on October 03, 2012, 01:21:50 PM
Abidas

Longspear+3, keen. This spear wastes nothing and cannot be escaped. When Abidas threatens a critical hit but the creature struck is immune to critical hits, Abidas grants a +3 bonus to the next attack roll made with it. When Abidas misses a target due to miss chance, it grants a -30 penalty to the target's next miss chance roll.

Arcanum XII

Arcanum XII is a powerful tome that can enhance arcane magic. To gain any benefit from Arcanum XII, it must be read for eight hours. At the conclusion of this time, the reader must make a DC 18 intelligence check. Failure results in the time being wasted to no gain. The reader may try again, but the DC rises by 3 for each failure. Success allows the reader to call on the power of Arcanum XII. Three times per day as a swift action while holding Arcanum XII, the holder may read a passage and weave it into her own spellcraft. This may provide any one of the following benefits, but each benefit may be called on only once per day. The bonus applies only the spell being cast.

- +3 bonus to caster level.
- Increase the die size of spell by one. d12s become 2d6. This applies only spells that deal damage, such as magic missile or fireball. Spells such as ray of enfeeblement and enervation are not affected.
- Spontaneously change the energy type of the spell. This applies only to spells with the fire, cold, electricity, acid or sonic descriptors. A fireball turned to cold would deal cold damage instead of fire damage, for example.
- Apply any one metamagic with a spell level adjustment of 3 or less. This metamagic is free and does not affect the level of the spell at all.
- Spell overload. This option applies all four benefits to one spell. It can only be used if all three of Arcanum XII's daily uses have not been expended. This causes an energy backlash, dealing 3d6 points of damage per level of the spell overloaded.

Eregal's Memento

This is a Bulwark of the Great Dragon, Silver.

Okay Cor. Refresh me on what the plan is on these? Also, did you want any of them or did any of the rest of you have interest?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 06, 2012, 02:25:40 PM

Dana gets 35899.67 gold. She continues to save up for a total of 77399.67 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 06, 2012, 02:25:40 PM

The Master has 35899.67+927.2=36826.87 gold. -8k to finish off his natural armor amulet to +5. Wow, awkward sentence! Anyway, 28826.87 gold left. He'll pay 3750 (5 base, x2 MIC multiplier then x1.5 stacking multiplier.) to add ki straps to his wrists. 25076.87 gold left. Monk's belt? Check. 21826.87 gold left. He'll hold onto the rest for now.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on October 09, 2012, 09:43:13 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on October 03, 2012, 01:21:50 PMArcanum XII

or did any of the rest of you have interest?

Ithea would be interested in Arcanum XII if Jaela doesn't have plans for it and leaves it up for grabs.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Quote from: Merc on October 09, 2012, 11:48:20 PM
Ithea would be interested in Arcanum XII if Jaela doesn't have plans for it and leaves it up for grabs.

I lack arcane magic. Basically, my attitude on the stuff from the titan visit is like I told Candy IC. The dude wanted some cool arcana in return eventually, either unique magic or weapons. So anyone who benefits from his stuff also shoulders the responsibility for the return gift. That's all.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Afina's loot from Celestia:

1 angel's feather.
<Afina> Forever.