Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, let's sort the three gifts from Lord Westenrock.

Abidas is first and it's a longspear. No one besides Finnegan uses spears and he's going to use Val. So it comes down to if someone wants it as an alternate weapon. Of the various NPCs, Lady Rosa's interested. Dana sort of it, but doesn't want to be on the hook for making it right later on. Adrian's in the same boat and with much less liquid cash to his name, so he'll pass. Gisfal's tempted as well, but ultimately would prefer to pass. So Lady Rosa gets Abidas.

Arcanum XII is good for any serious mage who doesn't have their hands full with a two handed weapon, shield or something they can't drop. This applies to Tepen, Kascha, Baleruk, Sylvie, Ilsenine, Vul'lath, Ebony, Simmer, Ellese and Vivantha. Tepen passes on it, as it's a warrior's weapon and he has a supporting role. Baleruk turns his snout up at it. Sylvie passes, as 21 takes the form of a book for her so that's a conflict. Vul'lath passes on it, as it's just not quite useful enough for his skillset. Ebony will decline - she needs her hands free in case she uses her dove harp or metamagic rod. Ellese will be recused by Tepen and Vivantha will pass for now.

This leaves Kascha, Ilsenine and Simmer. After some thought Ilsenine will pass due to practical size issues. This leaves Kascha and Simmer. They'll decide via rolling.

Quote> roll 1d20 odds are Kascha, evens are Simmer
* Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20 odds are Kascha, evens are Simmer and gets 8." [1d20=8]

Simmer will take it.

Eregal's Memento comes down to Dana and Lady Rosa. Lady Rosa's already on the hook and has concerns over what Finnegan brought up, so she'll pass. Dana takes Eregal's Memento.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Ithea's loot pile.

Holy avenger goes to Crystal.

Sylvie takes the mace for study. She'll sit down and give it a work over with spellcraft first of all. +34 base. She's going to be adding +15 spellcraft to her librarian's glasses (more on this when I get to her loot share) so +49. +19 more for inspiration for +68. She'll put her floating feat to skill focus spellcraft for +3 more. +71. Divine Insight since she's going all out for +86.

(+15 competence, +19 factotum untyped, +3 skill focus, +15 insight)

Quote> roll 1d20+86
* Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+86 and gets 89." [1d20=3]

The curse can't be broken. It's an impossible paradox and it isn't meant to be broken. However, she gets some hints about subsuming and altering the curse instead. This requires further research so Sylvie goes to the library to find out more. This requires an K:A check. Base of +39. Library provides a bonus of +15 for +54. +3 for skill focus K:A for +57. Cunning inspiration for+76. Lore of the Gods for +86.

(+15 library untyped, +19 factotum untyped, +3 skill focus, +10 insight)

Quote> roll 1d20+86
* Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+86 and gets 101." [1d20=15]

The curse can be subsumed into another enchantment. The mace must be anointed with a mixture of moon dust, a priestess of Selune's blood, coldflow mercury and wolfsbane. Then it must be allowed to soak in the light of the full moon for a night.

Sylvie's also curious as to what coldflow mercury is. This is an K:P check. Base of +39, +10 for Lore of the Gods and +15 for the library. That should be enough.

Quote> roll 1d20+64
* Hatbot --> "Koaway rolls 1d20+64 and gets 84." [1d20=20]

Coldflow Mercury is mercury from the Para-Elemental Plane of Ice. It is a thick, viscous sludge that is hyper-toxic to the living. Touching it tends to cause a painful death, and merely being within a thousand feat of it is enough to inhale a non-trivial amount of toxin. It's particularly toxic to creatures with the cold subtype or natives of Ice, so little is ever harvested. While creatures naturally immune to poison can withstand coldflow mercury, magical enchantments fail to protect against it. Buying it is difficult and likely a six figure expense. Going to search for it is possible but dangerous.

Fortunately, Sylvie is fairly sure that one the coldflow mercury is combined with the other ingredients that the poison will be negated.

Rest of the loot after Planar tonight.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on October 17, 2012, 06:32:35 PMYeah, you have to read a passage from it. It wouldn't work with the casting gloves 'cause of that. Okay. I'll assume you pass on it, speak up if you change your mind when you see this.
I'll pass on it.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Merc

What happens when the curse is subsumed by an enchantment out of curiosity? Or is Sylvie not sure?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on October 17, 2012, 08:28:10 PM
What happens when the curse is subsumed by an enchantment out of curiosity? Or is Sylvie not sure?

It has something to do with duality and the moon, but she can't be certain.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on October 12, 2012, 08:38:47 PM
Afina will conduct a feasibility study on the use and cost-efficiency of opal golems.

The mace should work for someone with multiple personality disorder. Or even someone that's possessed.

Make an K:A check here? It's a study, so you can have two people aid you and use the library bonus.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on October 12, 2012, 09:11:32 PM
Hrm...okay, instead of monetary rewards, we'll split the loot between the three of us. Balyss still hasn't set up one of her great parties though (what a slacker!), so she should definitely set one up with an air theme.

Anyway, shortsword+gold split between Balyss, Sylvie and Ithea: 63,812.33 gold each.

Assuming at the moment someone else gets the holy avenger, but if it doesn't, we'll split that too. Are any of the Aurora paladins interested for that matter? Crystal would get the most out of it, though she's also small sized which may make it less worthwhile for her. Jaela and Stille both have pretty low paladin levels as well.

Balyss has 63812.33+33628.52=97440.85. She'll hold onto it for now.

Sylvie has 63812.33+2928.52=66740.85 gold. She'll pay 8437.5 to add +15 competence to spellcraft on her librarian's glasses. 58303.35 gold left. She'll blow 37500 to upgrade her prism to +10 (this caps it pre-epic at 200k on the dot, incidentally). 20803.35 gold left, which she'll hang onto for now.

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Quote from: Anastasia on October 18, 2012, 09:30:51 PM
Make an K:A check here? It's a study, so you can have two people aid you and use the library bonus.

[07:30] <Ebiris> roll 1d20+33+15
[07:30] * Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+33+15 and gets 68." [1d20=20]

Anastasia

Okay, more info on it in the morning since I'm going to bed in a few.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Being immune to both poison and disease and having the ability to assume a form with no formal anatomy, Muirfinn will happily volunteer to go acquire the mercury.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 06, 2012, 02:27:05 PM
Muirfinn will pay off his 500g debt to the Aurora and purchase Unarmed Mastery from the book store.

He saves the rest for now.

This will set him back a total of -5500g.

Reading book plx.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on October 19, 2012, 02:24:36 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on October 06, 2012, 02:27:05 PM
Muirfinn will pay off his 500g debt to the Aurora and purchase Unarmed Mastery from the book store.

He saves the rest for now.

This will set him back a total of -5500g.

Reading book plx.

Oh right, fell between the cracks. That and Afina's golemstuff will come tonight sometime.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on October 19, 2012, 03:31:51 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on October 18, 2012, 09:30:51 PM

[07:30] <Ebiris> roll 1d20+33+15
[07:30] * Hatbot --> "Ebiris rolls 1d20+33+15 and gets 68." [1d20=20]

Afina learns the following recipe to make opal golems.

Construction

An Opal Reflector is made from several tons of low quality opal melted together through magic and treated with various magical reagents to create a solid body. Creating the body requires a DC 35 Craft (Sculpting) check.

CL 18th; Craft Construct, fireball, geas/quest, limited wish or wish; Price 170,000 gold; Cost 85,000 gold. 
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

-2000 gold for Sylvie for Ithea's party.
<Afina> Forever.