News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

They stay up at all hours of the night, cackling madly.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Let me guess, you misread how they work?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Yuthirin

If anyone's gonna claim anything from the recent hauls, now is the proper time. Everything's fair game to anyone.

Anastasia

I don't think there's any NPC claims. If missed one, I'll mention it after you tally so you can quickly rejigger.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Coins worth a total of 2,105 gold.
Gems worth a total of 8,340 gold.
Frostrime Cloak: Grants resistance to cold 30. Gives the wearer fast healing 2 when in areas of cold, a +2 bonus to attack rolls in areas of severe cold, a +2 bonus to armor class in areas of extreme cold and damage reduction 15/adamantine in areas of unearthly cold. The various benefits stack, the wearer gains fast healing 2 and a +2 bonus to attack rolls in areas of severe cold, for instance. 60,000 gold.
Scroll of Cone of Cold: 1,125 gold.
Arrow+5, keen, icy burst, merciful and seeking. 4000 gold.
Blue Ice Shard: When held, grants a +1 bonus to the caster level of spells with the cold descriptor. If the spell deals frostburn damage, it instead grants a +2 bonus to the caster level. The shard may be used 10 times before it crumbles. 10,000 gold.
Shell Bracers: By invoking these bracers as a standard action, you gain the benefits of the tortoise shell spell (caster level 11th). 26,400 gold.
Ioneth's Reverie: This 2 foot tall statue is made of solid gold. It shows a man in deep thought, gazing at wonders unknown. 25,000 gold.

874 gold.
6 gold ingots - Each is worth 500 gold for a total of 3000 gold.
Cape of Charisma+2: 4,000 gold.
Cloak of Shadow: Grants a +5 competence bonus to hide and move silently checks. Can turn the user invisible for one round three times per day, as a swift action. 12,000 gold.
Diamond Shortsword+1 - A sword somehow made of what looks to be pure diamond. The magic on it is notably ancient and decayed. Restoring the sword could result in a massive upswing in power, but altering such ancient magic won't be easy - for most. For Aurora it's doable but will be tricky. Doing so will also require some free time. Right now it merely functions as a shortsword+1 with ten times the hardness and hit points of a normal shortsword+1.
Longbow+2, frost. 18,000 gold.
5 sleep arrows. 660 gold.
Breastplate+1, grants a +2 bonus to the wearer's maximum hit points while worn. 4,000 gold.
Boots of Striding and Springing. 5500 gold.
Ring of Deflection+1. 2,000 gold.
Ring of Swimming. 2,500 gold.
Potion of Cure Light Woundsx7: 50 gold, total of 350 gold.

Longsword+1, keen. 8,000 gold.
250 gold
10 small squares of ceramic, painted with a tiny dragon in flight - Each is worth 100 gold in the Eastlands. 1000 gold total.
A bundle of smooth ebony stone sticks, bound together with a green ribbon - 8 sticks of healing. Each stick can be broken as a standard action to heal 3d8+5 hit points. 750 gold each, 5250 total.
A map. It looks to be a simple map of the area, with a circle around the unicorn's grove - A map. Nothing special about it beyond information.
Potion of Hide from Undead, 50 gold.
Potion of Hide from Animals, 50 gold.
Potion of Delay Poison, 300 gold.
Potion of Invisibility, 300 gold.

Total is 201,054.

Assuming standard loot rules, divides 3 ways for 67,018 each. Lief is taking the arrows. This reduces his share by 4,660. Kascha & Muirfinn get 67,018. Lief gets 62,358 and the arrows.

Anastasia

Frostrime's cloak is priced at 60,000 gold. Just FYI, forgot to add that.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Kascha has 677.4+67,018=67695.4 gold. She'll spend 36k on a white sphere ioun stone. This can be invoked to cast mass heal (CL 20th) once per day as a standard action. The formula's below. The spell is centered on Kascha and she can choose the other targets at the time of casting. 31695.4 gold left. She'll hold on to the rest for now. She's probably get another item or two soon, but not right this moment.

White Sphere Ioun Stone Math:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Base price of a use-activated magic item is spell level*caster level*2000.

9*20*2000=360000 gold.

It's only usable once per day, so that results in the price being divided by 5.

360000/5=72000 gold.

However, an ioun stone has a x2 price multiplier.

72000*2=144000 gold.

Finally, steam pixie works cut it down to 1/4th of the normal price.

144000/4=36000 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lief arrow roundup.

Blunt Arrows: Deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. 5 sp per arrow and 25 gp for 50. Straight from A&E guide. This satisfies being able to deal nonlethal arrow damage.
Poison Arrows: These arrows are equipped with a needle that injects poison on a successful hit. The arrow does normal damage and the victim must make the save DC against the poison as normal. The arrow's mechanism keeps the poison preserved until injection, so it saves the trouble of applying poison on the battlefield. 20 gold per arrow and does not include the cost of the poison. 1000 gold for 50 of them.
Alchemist's Arrow: These arrows are designed to have an alchemical item attached to them. The item deploys on a successful hit. The arrow does normal damage and the victim must make any relevant save DCs. 5 gp per arrow and 250 for 50 of them.

In addition, I'd look at the following.

Arrows+1, spellstoring. You can get 50 for 8k base. Steam pixie works knocks this down to 2k for 50 arrows. Check spellstoring in the SRD and ask your friends to load these up with helpful spells.
Arrows+1, greater spellstoring. These are like spellstoring but can take up to 6th level spells. They're a +4 total magical item, Jaela had this made in B3. 50 of them costs 32k base and 8k for 50 after steam pixie works. Same idea as above, but with higher level spells.

That covers arrows. As for poison, you have SRD standard poisons and splatbook poisons to look at. Those are a decent start but they lack punch for this level. I assume you'd want to look into some custom poisons with less horrible DCs?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also, you'll want an efficient quiver (SRD) or an upgraded version for more arrow-space. That's pretty cheap and can be worked out last.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on March 20, 2014, 01:38:29 PM
As for poison, you have SRD standard poisons and splatbook poisons to look at. Those are a decent start but they lack punch for this level. I assume you'd want to look into some custom poisons with less horrible DCs?

Yes.

So, you mentioned Ravage poisons, bur from what I can tell they only do Ability damage. Which, don't get me wrong, is amazing. But Complete Scoundrel (Page 112) has something called Elemental Rime, which forces a creature to acquire a Vulnerability to Fire if they fail the check (DC 16 in this case).

I was wondering if we could work out some variants of that. Sleep arrows would be dead useful, but most of the stuff we're going up against can take 5 and beat the DC for it. So maybe something like an Enchantment Rime, which grants like a 1d4 rounds of Vulnerability to Enchantments? The DC on it is 16, so that's still fairly low for us, so maybe a Greater Rime with a multiplied cost or what-not.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.