News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Afina drops 12,500gp on a ring of protection +5 assuming Sylvie can put her daily floating feat into craft ring or we have someone else that can manage it.

Ebiris

She'll also spend 18k upgrading Hywelbane II with anarchic.

Corwin

I want to get a lesser rod of extend spell, 750gp/3,000gp

Also, I'd like to ask for prices for the following items, and whether they're even possible:
-a normal rod of twin spell.
-an item to cast Limited Wish/Wish
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

*Would it be possible to enhance the Regalia of the Hero (MIC, 207) items to double their effects, perhaps by paying 3x or something of their original cost to get?

-How would the inspire courage bonus work in conjunctiong with everything else? Just still add +1 to the final bonus?

*In addition to the above, could I get a Belt of Magnificence combined with the Enhanced Regalia and made into something?

*Can Moore get some kind of unique weapon like Ebony has?

Something like:
Doodad Magic Harp of Awesomeness - Add +2 to attack rolls and Spell DCs after using bardic music, all allies within 60ft, adds +15 competence to perform(string) checks

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 10, 2015, 11:50:31 PM
*Would it be possible to enhance the Regalia of the Hero (MIC, 207) items to double their effects, perhaps by paying 3x or something of their original cost to get?

Possible. How much it costs depends on some math, I'll do that in a moment.

Quote-How would the inspire courage bonus work in conjunction with everything else? Just still add +1 to the final bonus?

*In addition to the above, could I get a Belt of Magnificence combined with the Enhanced Regalia and made into something?

Yes, probably just another +1. You could combine a belt with the regalia, though the cost would make it an epic magic item.

Quote*Can Moore get some kind of unique weapon like Ebony has?

Something like:
Doodad Magic Harp of Awesomeness - Add +2 to attack rolls and Spell DCs after using bardic music, all allies within 60ft, adds +15 competence to perform(string) checks

Entirely possible. Write out exactly what you want and I'll price it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Harp, 'Divine Inspiration' - When equipped, after using bardic music, all allies within 60 ft., whether they were affected by the music or not, gain +2 to attack rolls and +2 to to Spell DCs for 3 rounds. If the bard casts other bardic music, this effect continues, but does not offer any cumulative bonuses. In addition, this Harp confers a +15 insight bonus to Perform (String Instruments) checks.

I was also thinking of maybe having it do some kind of weak touch attack that does sonic damage but if that'd be too much then just the above is fine.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 11, 2015, 01:07:08 PM
Harp, 'Divine Inspiration' - When equipped, after using bardic music, all allies within 60 ft., whether they were affected by the music or not, gain +2 to attack rolls and +2 to to Spell DCs for 3 rounds. If the bard casts other bardic music, this effect continues, but does not offer any cumulative bonuses. In addition, this Harp confers a +15 insight bonus to Perform (String Instruments) checks.

I was also thinking of maybe having it do some kind of weak touch attack that does sonic damage but if that'd be too much then just the above is fine.

After some review, I'm just going to fiat these.

Badge doubling would cost 10k. Helm's 8k, Horn's 50k (temp HP is expensive).

That harp's 60k, not counting a sonic touch attack.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 10, 2015, 06:10:12 PM
I want to get a lesser rod of extend spell, 750gp/3,000gp

Also, I'd like to ask for prices for the following items, and whether they're even possible:
-a normal rod of twin spell.
-an item to cast Limited Wish/Wish

Lesser rod goes without incident.

Cost of a twin spell rod would cost the same as the other +4 rod I know of, quicken.

Are you talking like a scroll of wish/limited wish or an item that can do it a number of times per day?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

A 1/day item. Presumably, it'd have the same effect on me as if I cast it myself.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I'm generally hesitant to throw out replenishable wishes. There's drawbacks to casting it yourself that are meant to balance it. It's generally the sort of thing that's an artifact rather than a normal magical item. If I made one that wasn't an artifact, it would be expensive. Even a 1/day wish item would be over 200k and an epic item (by DM fiat if not by the formula).

So let's not. It might be the sort of thing you find one day instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Would the 2 and 3 piece bonuses get doubled from these efforts or would they stay the same?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 11, 2015, 02:13:09 PM
Would the 2 and 3 piece bonuses get doubled from these efforts or would they stay the same?

They'd stay the same. Boosting them would require a bit of additional spending.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Okay. In that case, I'd like to do the following:

Can I combine the Enhanced Regalia of the Hero and a Belt of Magnificence +4 into a hat called the Helmet of Heroic Harmony?

I'd ideally like to not double the horn for right now, but I can't think of any theoretical way to combine everything without upgrading all of it, so I'll just take the +4 Belt of Magnificence for now and upgrade it to +6 someday later when we defeat an evil army of golden golems or something.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on December 11, 2015, 02:19:44 PM
Okay. In that case, I'd like to do the following:

Can I combine the Enhanced Regalia of the Hero and a Belt of Magnificence +4 into a hat called the Helmet of Heroic Harmony?

I'd ideally like to not double the horn for right now, but I can't think of any theoretical way to combine everything without upgrading all of it, so I'll just take the +4 Belt of Magnificence for now and upgrade it to +6 someday later when we defeat an evil army of golden golems or something.

Do you mean combining all three pieces of the set into one item along with the belt?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite