Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Yuthirin> roll 1d20+21
<Serith> Yuthirin roll for Serith < 37 > [d20=16]

As requested.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Okay, Afina has no spells and we have a battle tomorrow so we can't just assume she'll make it when she has the resources. That being said...

Masterwork heavy steel shield, DC 20 for masterwork, DC whatever for shield. Taking 10 she can hit DC 55, so that leaves 35 points to play with after the masterwork component. 20 points for improved armour bonus, 10 points for improved armour check penalty. Costs 56.67gp for a shield that gives +3 AC and has no armour check penalty.

Masterwork warhammer? Yeah lets go with that. DC 20 for masterwork, DC whatever for warhammer. Taking 10 she can hit DC 45, so 25 points to use up on stuff. She'll use improved damage type and stick a spike on it so it can do bludgeoning and piercing. Costs 104gp.

She'll take it out of her own pocket, he can pay her back whenever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on March 10, 2016, 04:34:14 PM
<Yuthirin> roll 1d20+21

As requested.

That's my Decipher Script roll.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Ebiris on March 10, 2016, 05:00:41 PM
Okay, Afina has no spells and we have a battle tomorrow so we can't just assume she'll make it when she has the resources. That being said...

Masterwork heavy steel shield, DC 20 for masterwork, DC whatever for shield. Taking 10 she can hit DC 55, so that leaves 35 points to play with after the masterwork component. 20 points for improved armour bonus, 10 points for improved armour check penalty. Costs 56.67gp for a shield that gives +3 AC and has no armour check penalty.

Masterwork warhammer? Yeah lets go with that. DC 20 for masterwork, DC whatever for warhammer. Taking 10 she can hit DC 45, so 25 points to use up on stuff. She'll use improved damage type and stick a spike on it so it can do bludgeoning and piercing. Costs 104gp.

I have one of those bedrolls that lets you regain spells with 1 hour of rest if you want to use it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Ebiris

No thanks. Spells are reserved for impending battle.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on March 10, 2016, 05:00:41 PM

Done, thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on March 10, 2016, 05:26:22 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on March 10, 2016, 04:34:14 PM
<Yuthirin> roll 1d20+21

As requested.

That's my Decipher Script roll.

So it is.

The cipher is a fairly complex one - it's based around mathematical numbers related to the number nine. Tryll is able to crack it and read it. Turns out it's a guide to devilish numerology and encryption. It's fairly basic. It has 300 gold in value as a curiosity, though it could also be given to the library.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Sounds like something that could be important someday soon. Lets library it for interplanar justice.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on March 09, 2016, 01:47:58 PM
Earth treasure

1 glass sphere enchanted to be unbreaking -  75,000 gold.

Torn away precious metals and gems - 52,155 gold in salvage.

A kitchen knife - A well made and sharp kitchen knife. It's high quality and forged of good steel. 100 gold.

A tea set - A fancy tea set. The stamps on the set indicate it was made by the dao. 1350 gold.

A coin bag with coins in it - 42 gold, 63 silver and 4 copper. Plus a sturdy coin bag if you need an extra.

A scroll - Looks to be a gibberish or a code. Someone could attempt decipher script to figure this out, though currently the time needed for it just isn't there.

Formerly cursed valuables - 38,711 gold.

All together is 167358. 

Dividing it up as follows: Moore, Dana, Rosa, Ithea, Stille, Crystal, Smrgol comes out to 23908.28 for everyone if everyone wants a share like that.

Moore will take the scroll and try and decode it later.

Done, treasures updated.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on March 09, 2016, 01:49:54 PM
Split that between Afina, Tryll, Surraruthru, Sylvie, Tannin, and the Master that's 2,750gp each

Updated.

Quick note, Tannin was 2732.21 in debt. That's paid off, so Aurora gets that much and the rest goes to Tannin.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Question: Can the Artificer's Monocle (MIC 72) be used by non-artificers? I.e. can I buy one, cast detect magic, then effectively have cast identify that way?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on March 13, 2016, 12:28:09 PM
Question: Can the Artificer's Monocle (MIC 72) be used by non-artificers? I.e. can I buy one, cast detect magic, then effectively have cast identify that way?

Yes. It doesn't say you have to be an artificer to use it.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Okay. I will look into buying one later and then probably replace Identify whenever we level up.

Ebiris

Identify is basically superfluous, if there's something that can't be identified by our epic spellcraft checks it's going to take legend lore or analyse dweomer to figure out.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on March 13, 2016, 05:10:40 PM
Identify is basically superfluous, if there's something that can't be identified by our epic spellcraft checks it's going to take legend lore or analyse dweomer to figure out.

This is true, but it's cheap enough that it get a shrug from me.
<Afina> Forever.