News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Do we have to do anything special to get those spells you posted added to the thread?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

They're already added. Check the changelog.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Astral treasures

Scrap from Baleruk's building
Strange tools

Smith's Hammer

This hammer is of unknown origin and has no history. Afina can detect it is brand new and likely created by the chaotic energies of the rift. This hammer functions as a warhammer+1, anarchic if used in combat, though this is not its true purpose. Smith's hammer grants a +5 competence bonus to the following skill checks: Craft(Armorsmithing) and Craft(Weaponsmithing). This hammer can pound bone and flesh as easily as iron, able to mold them precisely rather than merely pulverize them. When used to create undead that require forging or careful creation (ones beyond a simple animate dead spell, for example), this hammer grants the undead a +2 bonus to Strength and a +1 bonus to natural armor. 50,000 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Loot from the rift:

Mundane weapons and armor totaling 28313 gold.
Coins, precious metals and gems totaling 70094 gold.
Scroll of Protection from Law: 25 gold
Scroll of Identify: 125 gold
Fountainhead Arrow (MIC): 612 gold
Feather Token, Whip: 500 gold
Acrobat Boots: 1800 gold
Unicorn Pendant: 12000 gold
Vest of Resistance+5: 25000 gold
Bracers of Armor+7: 49000 gold
Third Eye Conceal: 120000 gold
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore would take the Bracers of Armor as he currently doesn't have anything there if no one else wants them.

Corwin

Vacuum prizes (both groups):

1 withered staff
3 coin bags
1 gold ring
A scroll
A scroll
1 set of Necrolyte robes
1 huge Nessian spear

Spellcraft at 10 for 45 to identify anything magical.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Balyss has a report about the recovered Sword of the Moon. Selune has seen fit to enlighten her with what it can do.

Sword of the Moon, the Lunar Key.

Once a mere magical sword, this blade is now far more. It has feasted on the death of a demon lord and been bombarded with all the energies of the planes. It is now far more and a true artifact, blessed by Selune and a weapon of prophecy.

Sword of the Moon is a cold iron longsword+2, moonfire blasting and holy. When wielded on the Prime Material, its enhancement bonus rises to +3. When used on the elemental planes or against an elemental on the Prime Material, its enhancement bonus increases to +4. When wielded on the Astral or Ethereal Planes or against natives of those planes, its enhancement bonus increases to +5. On any other plane or against an outsider, its enhancement bonus is +6.

As a weapon blessed by Selune herself, the sword (and its wielder) are protected by a mind blank spell (caster level 61st). Likewise, the wielder can see through any illusion and ascertain the true reality of things. Any attempt to deceive the wielder through illusions, sleight of hand or such trickery automatically fail (unless the source is a deity who succeeds on an opposed rank check against Selune).

However, the nature of the sword is the nature of the Lunatics. It does what must be done, no matter how mad it seems or against any other considerations. The sword wanders and will find its way from the owner's possession, all to be lost and find itself into the hands of another who needs it.

In addition to the negative level for holding a holy weapon, any evil creature that holds the Sword of the Moon takes 20d6 points of damage per round as moonfire immolates them. There is no saving throw against this damage.

Moonfire Blasting

A moonfire blasting weapon sheds silvery moonlight in a 10ft radius when drawn. A moonfire weapon deals an extra 3d6 points of damage as creatures struck by it feel an unnatural chill. Any shapechanged creature struck by a moonfire blasting weapon must make a DC 35 Will save or be immediately returned to their natural form. A moonfire weapon grants spell resistance 35 to the holder against spells and spell-like abilities with the electricity descriptor. Market Price: +5 bonus. Spells used: moonfire.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 20, 2016, 03:00:08 PM
Sword of the Moon, the Lunar Key.

Now THAT is an epic weapon! That's what I'm fucking talking about!

Anastasia

Staff of Necromancy (replace circle of death with eyebite): 65000 gold.
2391 gold
Gold ring: 500 gold
Scroll of nightmare: 1125 gold
Scroll of insanity: 2275 gold
Necrolyte's Robes: Grants a +8 armor bonus to armor class, +5 resistance bonus to saving throws and grants a -1 profane bonus to total spell level of metamagicked spells. (Minimum adjustment of 0, only applies once and not by each metamagic.) Evil as anything and wearing then will not end well for you. Need to be purified, sealed away or destroyed.
Nessian's Spear: Your efforts to analyze this do not succeed, amazingly.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 20, 2016, 03:25:47 PM
I'll ask Tepen to take a look!

Tepen takes a look, then cast some spells to take another look. Then he casts even more spells and takes a third look. Nada. Whatever it is, it's beyond his magic to put a dent in. He does say one thing - even touching the thing in passing gives him horrible chills.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore would offer to take it to Celestia to see if they could do something with it beyond just destroying it. But if the consensus is to just get rid of it then that's okay too!

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 20, 2016, 03:28:57 PM
Quote from: Corwin on April 20, 2016, 03:25:47 PM
I'll ask Tepen to take a look!

Tepen takes a look, then cast some spells to take another look. Then he casts even more spells and takes a third look. Nada. Whatever it is, it's beyond his magic to put a dent in. He does say one thing - even touching the thing in passing gives him horrible chills.

Intriguing!