News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Suits me. It'll put the Aurora fund down to 157,862.45gp if we go for it.

Anastasia

Okay, can I get a quick show of hands on this? A bunch of yeses are good and will get this done ASAP, and if anyone has an objection, it can be addressed.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Nephrite

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

Moore would like to buy this because he's curious about it:

Down With Bards!: 150 gold.

Iron Dragoon

Purchasing two potions for Awaken Magical Beast. 4,000gp each stock, so 2,000gp total after discounts. This leaves Surraruthru with 40,413.13gp.

Posting desire to purchase a Wand of Energy Immunity.

Would also like to either purchase a wand of Greater Arcane Sight, or more preferably add it to my Headband of Conscious Effort or Hathren Mask of True Seeing. Dunno if the latter is possible since the entry for it says it's not legal for permanency.
(I ran out of time this morning do the math on this and check the price of the Energy Immunity Wand, so if someone could do it for me while I'm at work, I'd greatly appreciate it.)

Yuthirin

Are wands still 4th level tops or did that get houseruled?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

Speaking of, Afina's our only epic crafter so stuff like wands and rings and staves get parcelled out to assistants (or Sylvie with her floating feat) so any epic item that isn't a wondrous item, weapon, or armour has to be purchased elsewhere without the steam/rainbow discount.

Anastasia

The components for awaken magical beast are bought without incident. As a quick reminder, these are components and not actual potions in the mechanical sense.

Wands can't go above 4th level, that hasn't changed. You'd need a staff with it as one of its spells.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 22, 2016, 02:16:35 PM
Okay, can I get a quick show of hands on this? A bunch of yeses are good and will get this done ASAP, and if anyone has an objection, it can be addressed.

Sure
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

Alrighty, since I need a staff, I'll get one with the following spells:

Disintegrate, Greater Arcane Sight, and Energy Immunity.

Yuth linked me this as the formula: 375gp*level of highest level spell*caster level+75% of the value of the next most costly ability+1/2 value of any other ability. Is this correct?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 24, 2016, 12:35:06 AM
Alrighty, since I need a staff, I'll get one with the following spells:

Disintegrate, Greater Arcane Sight, and Energy Immunity.

Yuth linked me this as the formula: 375gp*level of highest level spell*caster level+75% of the value of the next most costly ability+1/2 value of any other ability. Is this correct?

Yes. What theme are you going for with your staff?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I don't know that there's really a theme. Maybe bare bones utility. Disintegrate is a solid multi-use spells: Damage, able to cut through terrain/rock/ect., Greater Arcane Sight for general information on creatures/people/objects, and Energy Immunity for survival. So I guess maybe something like a dungeon-delver type deal.