News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Also, I want to add the Monk's Belt effect to my Belt of Magnificence. MIC item cost of 13,000gp. Price adjustment for it?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay, lemme do the math myself and see how it checks out.

We'll start with the necklace of natural attacks. That's a +8 necklace, which has a cost dependent on how many natural weapons it affects. You want it to apply to your unarmed monk attack, your bite and your claws. That's three weapons, so that's the enhancement bonus of a +8 weapon times three. That's 128000*3=384000 gold. Read pricing a necklace of natural attacks in Savage Species for more about the price multiplier there.

Greater mighty wallop 1/day would cost...216000, that's correct.  So RAW we're looking at a weapon that costs 384000+216000=600000. 600000/4=150000 gold.

I do wonder why you want to have an item take care of it when you can use a third level slot (that you got a ring that doubles them recently, no less) to just cast it yourself.

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 15, 2016, 09:48:37 PM
Also, I want to add the Monk's Belt effect to my Belt of Magnificence. MIC item cost of 13,000gp. Price adjustment for it?

It would be 13000*1.5. See this section of the SRD for more details, short version is for a non weapon/armor it's the price times 1.5. It's not an off slot item so no modifier for that. So 19500/4 gold to add it, for a total of 4875 gold after Afina works her horrifying economics.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Also, are we ready to divvy up loot from Secretus?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on November 15, 2016, 10:08:57 PM
Also, are we ready to divvy up loot from Secretus?

Yep. I want the book, ring, and the cheaper gem. The helm can go to whoever wants it, and it seems like we should purify the armor, at least. Other than that, I'm ready.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Umm... How is it normally done? Don't people usually buy it for half value or something? It's been a while since someone outside of the group I went with wanted loots.

Anastasia

Usually something like that, yeah. I leave loot to y'all as a general rule, so if someone wants to clarify, that would be great.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

On a different note, I want to sell this:
Ring of Counterspelling, 4,000gp: Automatically counters a preselected spell of 1st-6th level.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Usual loot policy is to divvy stuff up between all participating PCs/NPCs and Aurora.

Easiest way is to just count the helmet as part of Aurora's share and give it to someone that way, assuming anyone actually wants it. If no one wants it then just sell it off.

Anastasia

Okay. Gimme a moment and I'll post people interested in the helmet.

Also duelward headband after this. Poke me if I don't, Iddy.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

People interested in the helmet: Dana (though she can't claim right now due to being away), Mirima (sort of), Mirajane, Rosa, Moonlight, Cresiel, Finnegan.

Are any PCs interested? I'll add you in if so. In a case of an item wanted this much by so many, it'll come down to bartering or a dice roll.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore has a perfect serviceable and fashionable helmet-slot item.

Ebiris

Afina's big pixie ears wouldn't fit under a big dorky helmet.

Anastasia

I'm going to make the executive decision that Tryll will pass on it, since ghost squids don't use helmets. Yuth, if I'm wrong speak up and I'll gladly revisit this.

Anyone else?
<Afina> Forever.