News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

I'm sure the ships can be converted to a less horrifying power source!

Everybody sing with me!

~In the Navy~
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on November 18, 2016, 02:44:08 PM
Myr's Ring

This ring grants a +2 sacred bonus to Will saves. If the wearer has the Iron Will or Epic Will feats, this bonus increases to +4. If the wearer has both those feats, the bonus increases to +7.

Last call on this or it'll go to NPCs.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 22, 2016, 01:56:21 PMThe efreet ships have shown the ability to travel quickly, some sort of fireball cannons, some of which seemed stronger, and at least one had a contingent of 4 golems.

What's their flight speed and maneuverability? What's the fireball damage, and was it or the CL of the fireballs dependant on the people fueling the ship or just differed due to construction? Is it the actual fireball spell in range/area/etc? Finally, do any of the other ships have these flamesteel golem detachments ready to go?[/quote]

I'll do a ship stat block with all the bells and whistles later - Black Friday was rougher than anticipated - but I'll answer your questions as is.

The ships have a speed of 200ft (clumsy).

The fireball cannons have a base damage of 5d6 and a caster level of 5. The power of them can be augmented by draining life energy as shown by the slaves. This caps out at 10d6 damage and a caster level of 10th. Additionally, the fireballs are searing. However, all the fireballs can be concentrated to a maximum of CL 21st if you're going for sheer penetrating power over spreading them out. How it powers and how it scales is a little complicated, but as I doubt you'll be using that system I won't go into it for the sake of brevity.

The spell's a basic fireball spell in all aspects, except as noted above.

As for the flame steel golems, this is a luck check to see if you have any and how many if so.

> roll 1d100
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=72 ]{72}
> roll 1d8
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d8 --> [ 1d8=3 ]{3}
> roll 1d4-1
> roll 1d4-1
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d4-1 --> [ 1d4=3 ]{2}
> roll 1d4-1
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d4-1 --> [ 1d4=2 ]{1}
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d4-1 --> [ 1d4=4 ]{3}

Yep, six total. They're active but not hostile, but nor are they obeying any orders from you.

OOC here a sec, I ran them off notes so if you use them or study them at all, I'll need to work up a a stat block. No big deal, but the numbers may be slightly different when I'm done. Shouldn't matter a ton.

QuoteThe ships were also powered by a forsaken child lots and lots of people. Is that effect absolutely necessary for all the ship's abilities to function, and how quickly would it drain say just me if I tried to power the ship instead? What of the special arrangement trapping the souls of those that die fueling the ships? Can it be safely powered down, and those trapped there freed/resurrected by Priest?

A normal person would die if they tried to power the ship by themselves. It's simply too much. You (and the other PCs and NPCs of Aurora) are powerful enough to do for a time. You could manage to fly it for about 10 minutes and using anything but flying would drain it much more rapidly. While healing would provide a stopgap, it's essentially taking a cheese grater to your lifeforce and shredding it to fuel the ship.

I assume Afina takes a little bit to look at these. Her opinion - no knowledge check since this isn't that hard for her to figure out - is that you'd be best off making a power source for them.  The upside is that it doesn't take life energy so that's not a problem. You'd be best off investigating power sources for them in a brief interlude or assigning someone to do so.

The ship can be safely powered down and the souls can be freed. Priest can attempt to resurrect them if you wish. He'll note that if they've been in there for a long time, they'll likely resist the call and move onto their overdue afterlife instead. The time in captivity would've worn down any attachment to mortal life.

QuoteDo the ships have some other capability that wasn't apparent from my brief encounters with them? Ways to communicate while out on patrol, etc?

No. However, Tepen runs a few divinations and makes some easy knowledge checks. He'd run with the assumption that this was taken care of by the various efreet wizards who plagued you throughout the battle to Fourfires. Why this is so isn't clear, as a sending system for the ships is hardly a backbreaker cost-wise considering everything else. There's likely a logic to it beyond the cost, but as of now it's a mystery.

It could be possible to hook them into Aurora's message and sending systems (once they're up if they aren't, I don't have the topic open to check) and possibly take care of that way, depending.

The ships have ample storage space for ships as well as quarters for officers and pens for the slaves. There's room to work with.

---

More in another post.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

In addition to the ships, you got a lot of treasure from the ships and what was tossed into the bag of holding. You can handle this in a few ways.

1. As it's mostly relatively minor stuff, only note the worthwhile things and just get a sale total for the rest. Easier for me but you may miss something I don't think is worthwhile or just slips through the cracks.
2. List everything meticulously. More work and will take more time to get out, but you'll have more control and influence.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on November 27, 2016, 08:48:00 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 18, 2016, 02:44:08 PM
Myr's Ring

This ring grants a +2 sacred bonus to Will saves. If the wearer has the Iron Will or Epic Will feats, this bonus increases to +4. If the wearer has both those feats, the bonus increases to +7.

Last call on this or it'll go to NPCs.

I'll take it. +2's never bad, but I'll likely want to add some stuff to it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 27, 2016, 09:11:17 PM
In addition to the ships, you got a lot of treasure from the ships and what was tossed into the bag of holding. You can handle this in a few ways.

1. As it's mostly relatively minor stuff, only note the worthwhile things and just get a sale total for the rest. Easier for me but you may miss something I don't think is worthwhile or just slips through the cracks.
2. List everything meticulously. More work and will take more time to get out, but you'll have more control and influence.

Let's go with the simpler option. 1.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Jaela Fourfires trip:

- Illusion Dancer: Scimitar+2. Each time you successfully hit and deal damage to a creature with Illusion Dancer, you gain a single image. This image functions as an image from the mirror image spell and stacks with that spell. You can have a maximum of three images at a time from Illusion Dancer. 31,250 gold.

- Blood Gem: This small ruby is hollowed out and filled with burning blood from a powerful fire elemental. A creature with the fire subtype that swallows the gem whole gains a +1 natural armor bonus, this stacks with any existing bonuses. Creatures without the fire subtype are immolated, taking 2d12 points of fire damage per hit die they possess. For example, a creature with 8 hit dice takes 16d12 points of fire damage.

- Sash of Authority: This sash grants a +4 competence bonus to all Charisma based checks. Additionally, any creature that submits to a demand you make suffers a -4 penalty to all attack rolls against you, as well as any opposed ability or skill checks. The demand must be forceful and something they do not wish to do. This penalty lasts for 24 hours.  40,000 gold.

Treasure and goods that once sold equal 479,319 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

The Blood Gem is attractive for our Fire people. That sword is super neat. The sash is meh, we don't tend to employ combat diplomats that are also jerks.

Nephrite

I mean, you could technically wear the sash and never use the dickhole part of it.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Waiting on a Jaela post of sorting here, just FYI.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 30, 2016, 01:28:34 PM
Jaela Fourfires trip:

- Illusion Dancer: Scimitar+2. Each time you successfully hit and deal damage to a creature with Illusion Dancer, you gain a single image. This image functions as an image from the mirror image spell and stacks with that spell. You can have a maximum of three images at a time from Illusion Dancer. 31,250 gold.

- Blood Gem: This small ruby is hollowed out and filled with burning blood from a powerful fire elemental. A creature with the fire subtype that swallows the gem whole gains a +1 natural armor bonus, this stacks with any existing bonuses. Creatures without the fire subtype are immolated, taking 2d12 points of fire damage per hit die they possess. For example, a creature with 8 hit dice takes 16d12 points of fire damage.

- Sash of Authority: This sash grants a +4 competence bonus to all Charisma based checks. Additionally, any creature that submits to a demand you make suffers a -4 penalty to all attack rolls against you, as well as any opposed ability or skill checks. The demand must be forceful and something they do not wish to do. This penalty lasts for 24 hours.  40,000 gold.

Treasure and goods that once sold equal 479,319 gold.

Okeys!

I'm claiming the Sash of Authority. I would like to understand the conditions of the secondary power better, though. Dune, for example, would Goad and similar abilities qualify? If so, I presume that 'submitting' means failing their saves. But what if I 'demand' something that doesn't offer a save? Does it depend on rollplaying? Rolling intimidation?

Blood Gem goes to the Aurora. I propose holding onto it for now. +1 to natural armor isn't all that hot, but it could make a cool present to some fire-themed allies.

Anyone in the Aurora can buy Illusion Dancer, which is very good but not actually a spear. Master, Dana and Mei won't switch to it either due to how they fight, so go for it.

Now, the upkeep portion.

479,319gp + 31,250gp + 40,000gp = 550,569gp
550,569gp / 5 = 110,113.8gp

Mei, Master, Dana and the Aurora get 110,114gp, I'll get 110,113gp.

My final funds are: 110,113gp - 40,000gp + 1,066.77gp (moneys!) = 71,179.77gp

Yes, I know Mei doesn't use cash. She can build a bigger Triune temple or give it to the refugees or both.

Corwin

Dune, can the Staff of the Magi or a similar staff be created? If so, how would you price it?

Are there divine variants to the Rings of Wizardry? Some other items that accomplishes the same task?

To confirm, I could have one Pearl of Power for each spell level, and it would allow me to recall a spell I'd just used up from the prepared spells side of my build? What is the action to recall the spell again? Standard?

EDIT: Momento Magica is basically Pearl of Power that also applies to the spontaneous spell?

I want to install a cloak into one of the ships that I'll claim for myself. Ideally, something like +30 to Hide and +30 to Move Silently. Would it use the formula for skill bonus (competence)? x2 price like items that don't take a space? Something else?

What about the power source? I'm not sure how to explore this option. Is it a matter of asking for a price, or of looking in the Aurora library and questing for it?