News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Jaela: getting stuff done (Jaela)

Started by Anastasia, September 29, 2016, 05:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You fly up. The first round has nothing, but as you get closer? You can see it's a grand galleon, sails and everything. There's strange diagrams on the side of it - and you note it's made entirely of steel instead of wood. The diagram flares with fire and fireballs launch themselves at you, half a dozen clustering you.

> roll 1d20+20 SR
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+20 SR --> [ 1d20=1 ]{21}

Which you promptly ignore. Flying higher, Mei and Dana trailing well behind you, you can see the Master on the deck. Gear and treasure lie around him as he dusts his hands off, standing near the helm. He has a nasty gash on his arm but it otherwise untouched.

Also used 3 more stunning fists.

"Jaela!" The Master calls, "The helm is ours, but resistance remains below decks!"

[spoiler]

Dana
HP: 287/324 fast healing 2
Spells Active: Mind Blank (CL15), Fortunate Fate (CL13), Planar Tolerance (CL7), Greater Mage Armor (CL5), Heroes Feast (CL20), Energy Immunity (Fire) (CL26), Good Hope (CL26)
Bonuses: +1 morale attack rolls and Will saves, immunity to poison and disease, +2 morale to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, skill checks, ability checks and saving throws.
Negative Conditions:
Resources Used: 217/262 Power Points

The Master
HP: 247/304
Spells Active: Mind Blank (CL15), Fortunate Fate (CL13), Planar Tolerance (CL7), Greater Mage Armor (CL5), Heroes Feast (CL20), Energy Immunity (Fire) (CL26), Good Hope (CL26)
Bonuses: +1 morale attack rolls and Will saves, immunity to poison and disease, +2 morale to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, skill checks, ability checks and saving throws.
Negative Conditions:
Resources Used: 11 stunning fists

Mei
HP: 429+23/457
Negative Conditions:
Resources Used: 1 smite

----

Spell-like abilities

1/day-daylight. Caster level 22nd. The save DCs are 16 + spell level.

Dana manifests as a 22nd level psychic warrior. The save DCs are 17 + power level.

Power points: 262

[1 pp]1: Defensive PrecognitionA, Offensive PrescienceA, VigorA.
[3 pp]2: Body AdjustmentA, Dimension SwapA, Strength of My EnemyA.
[5 pp]3: Breath BarrierA, Dimension SlideA, Greater Concealing Amorpha.
[7 pp]4: Energy AdaptationA, Psionic Freedom of Movement, Steadfast Perception.
[9 pp]5: Empower Weapon, Oak BodyA, Perfect RiposteA
[11 pp]6: Breath of the Black DragonA, Form of DoomA, Inconstant LocationA, Personal Mind Blank, Stygian TouchA
[13 pp]7: Dana's AdjustmentA, Dana's CounterA

A - Power can be augmented.

Dana manifests as a 1st level ardent with access to the pain + suffering and physical power mantles. The save DCs are 17 + spell level.

[1 pp]1: Adrenaline BoostA, DisableA

Mei casts as a 12th level paladin. Her spell DCs are 21 + spell level. Her spell themes are protection and boosting.

Check spells per day.

[4/day]1: Divine Favor, True Strike, Lesser Restorationx2
[4/day]2: Divine Protectionx4SC
[4/day]3: Righteous Furyx4SC

SC - Spell Compendium.

Mei uses invocations as a 23rd level warlock.

Least: All Seeing Eyes, Eldritch Glaive, Otherworldly Whispers.
Lesser: Baneful Blast(Evil Outsiders), Celestial Flight, Eldritch Chain, Spirit Blast, Wall of Light.
Greater: Eldritch Cone, Heavenly Endurance, Penetrating Blast, Vitriolic Blast.
Holy: Caster's Lament, Eladrin Form, Impenetrable Barrier, Steal Summoning.
Epic: -
[/quote]
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Leave that to me!" Jaela declares, reaching out to tap the Master and bring him back to full health. "Once you pick up Dana and Mei, start heading for our destination. If I'm not done with the loser belowdecks by then, have them follow me together as a single unit and crush remaining resistance."

Lay on Hands, 57/70hp to the Master. Heading down! May Blindsight alert me to any opposition.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Hit Dice 20+408/497hp [+24hp with Righteous Might, +48hp with Holy Transformation, +24temp hp with Divine Power]
Init: +17 (Sign precast)
Detection: Blindsight 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Listen +10, Spot +14 (+15 with Divine Insight)
Speed: 40ft (land)/120ft (flight, perfect maneuverability) [10ft enhancement from Longstrider]
Armor Class: 59 touch, 71 vs incorporeal, 77 normal, 20% miss chance. [21 from dex and cha/-21 when flat footed, 10 armor from Millennial Chainmail/Magic Vestment (Ethereal armor), light armor, 6 from natural armor, 7 shield from animated shield/Magic Vestment (5/enhancement bonus to touch AC), 2 from Foresight, +3 luck from Recitation, 20 force from epic mage armor, +5 sacred with Shield of Warding, +3 luck from Recitation, +1 from Haste, +4 from Celestial Valor]
BAB/CMB/CMD: +22/+31/73
Full Attack (Gae Bolg, GMW, Haste, HW, K:D +5, vs devils only): +51/+51/+46/+41/+36, 2d8+40+10d6, x3/20, 10ft [+2 damage vs DR/silver, +2d6 vs undead, +1d6 vs incorporeal/gauntlets, +14 Divine Might, +3 luck from Recitation; silver+good+anarchic+epic]
Full Attack (Gae Trocaire, GMW, Haste, HW): +42/+42/+37/+32/+27, 1d8+31+1d6 non-lethal, x3/20, 10ft [+2 damage vs DR/silver, +1d6 vs incorporeal/gauntlets, +2d6 from celestial brilliance, +14 Divine Might, +3 luck from Recitation; piercing/bludgeoning/slashing/silver/bypasses any DR next round after successful hit for 10 rounds]
Ray Attack: +35
[+2 attack/damage Good Hope not counted, +3 Recitation not counted, +4 Celestial Valor not counted, +4 Greater Heroism not counted, +5 Holy Warrior not counted]
Resistances and Immunities: Fire Resistance 10, Cold Resistance 10, Acid Resistance 20, Electricity Resistance 20, Sonic Resistance 10, Damage Reduction 20/Epic and Evil and Cold Iron, Spell Resistance 34 (43 vs Evil spells/permanent Mantle of Good), Immunity to Disease (normal and supernatural/magical), Immunity to Compulsion effects, Immunity to Petrification, Immunity to Sickened/Nauseated, Foresight/not surprised or flat-footed.
Saves: Fort +55, Ref +49, Will +55 [Counted: Conviction +5 to each save, Foresight +2 to Ref; Not counted: Good Hope +2 to each save, Celesial Valor +4 to each save, Greater Heroism +4 to each save, Recitation +3 to each save]
Precast/Bead of Karma: Contingency/Righteous Might when Jaela casts Holy Transformation CL30, Energy Immunity/Cold CL30, Permanency/Greater Blindsight CL30 [Blindsight for 60ft], Permanency/Mantle of Good CL31, Permanency/Prestidigitation CL30, Extended Lore of the Gods CL30 (10hr duration), Righteous Halo CL30, Longstrider CL25, Moment of Prescience CL25
Precast: Energy Immunity/Fire CL26, Epic Mage Armor CL24, Fortunate Fate CL24, Conviction CL24, Sign CL24, Divine Insight CL24, Spell Turning CL24, Heroes's Feast CL20, Control Water CL18, Mind Blank CL17, Planar Tolerance CL7, GMW CL26/Gae Bolg, GMW CL26/Gae Trocaire, GMW CL26/Gae Dioltas, MV CL27/Millenial Armor, MV CL27/Shield, Foresight CL23, Good Hope CL26, Greater Heroism CL26.
Favored Soul slots left, 01-11: 9/2/0/0/6/0/1/5/6/1/3
CL 26 Favored Soul, CL 21 Divine Crusader [+2CL untyped War domain, +1CL competence Force, +1CL untyped Protection domain, +1CL untyped Abjuration]
Spell/SLA DC: 24 + spell level

11/17 Turning left
-1 smite
-57 LoH
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Master takes 10 on Spot.

"We have a bigger problem," The Master says as you heal him, peering ahead into the smoke. "I see at least three...no four more ships from the north. He reaches out to the wheel, "Perhaps we take this south and escape with it here? This ship would make a second assault much easier and be a tool to the Crusade."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"How far each ship is? How fast have you seen the ships go so far?" Jaela asks, thinking on what she's seen of the ship so far. "Any obvious weak points you've seen, aside from the masts?

Corwin

Can I get any weak points in the construction of the ships from one of my many knowledges? I've seen astral galleons, at the very least.

How many more rounds I estimate for Dana to reach the ship? For Mei?

Can this sort of ship be dispelled? Do I think it'd drop it out of the sky?

From being on the deck, do I see just the one helm? Can I target it specifically, and if so would it be an attack or a sunder?

How many masts are there? While flying up, have I seen the rudder? Do I think any of them are responsible for keeping such a ship afloat and steering it?

Anastasia

"Far," The Master peers, "About the size of this ship, made of metal. "

What knowledges do you have, Jaela? Or any other skills related to ships.

Not unless you disrupt whatever's powering it. You'd have to get inside the ship and find that and then dispel or destroy it.

Just one big helm. You could sunder it and destroy the wheel, which would presumably destroy the ability to pilot it.

Three masts. There is indeed a rudder. They look as normal and used, so most likely to some degree.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Tentative plan," Jaela says, after processing that. "I take over while you fly out to one of those ships, seize the helm, set the course towards the ground and break the helm. Once Dana gets here, I'll send her to take out a second ship by destroying the rudder. Then you two will try to seize the third ship for ourselves and head towards us. If the last ship doesn't get a clue and run away, I'll deal with it. As for this ship, I'll keep it here and protect it, while Mei throws up a force barrier against any shots launched at it once she's onboard."

They really don't need more than two ships for their assault, so Jaela decides not to try and grab them all.

No explicit ship-specific skills, but I have all the knowledges. Taking 10 for them, the results are:

Knowledge/Arcana 59, Knowledge/Architecture and Engineering 32, Knowledge/Dungeoneering 36, Knowledge/Geography 31, Knowledge/History 39, Knowledge/Local (any local due to magic) 32, Knowledge/Nature 40, Knowledge/Nobility&Royalty 38, Knowledge/Religion 64, Knowledge/Psionics 32, Knowledge/The Planes 64

What about the time it'd take for Dana and Mei to get here?

The Master also hasn't answered my question about speed. Since he's the one who kept noticing how fast this ship was going and those other ships, it's important.

If I know speeds and distances, I can figure out times and then decide if I should, say, Time Stop myself to cross that distance and break important bits of the ship. Or whether my Long-range spells can come into play.

Hit Dice 20+408/497hp [+24hp with Righteous Might, +48hp with Holy Transformation, +24temp hp with Divine Power]
Detection: Blindsight 60ft, Darkvision 60ft, Listen +10, Spot +14 (+15 with Divine Insight)
Speed: 40ft (land)/120ft (flight, perfect maneuverability) [10ft enhancement from Longstrider]
Armor Class: 59 touch, 71 vs incorporeal, 77 normal, 20% miss chance. [21 from dex and cha/-21 when flat footed, 10 armor from Millennial Chainmail/Magic Vestment (Ethereal armor), light armor, 6 from natural armor, 7 shield from animated shield/Magic Vestment (5/enhancement bonus to touch AC), 2 from Foresight, +3 luck from Recitation, 20 force from epic mage armor, +5 sacred with Shield of Warding, +3 luck from Recitation, +1 from Haste, +4 from Celestial Valor]
Full Attack (Gae Bolg, GMW, Haste, HW, K:D +5, vs devils only): +51/+51/+46/+41/+36, 2d8+40+10d6, x3/20, 10ft [+2 damage vs DR/silver, +2d6 vs undead, +1d6 vs incorporeal/gauntlets, +14 Divine Might, +3 luck from Recitation; silver+good+anarchic+epic]
Full Attack (Gae Trocaire, GMW, Haste, HW): +42/+42/+37/+32/+27, 1d8+31+1d6 non-lethal, x3/20, 10ft [+2 damage vs DR/silver, +1d6 vs incorporeal/gauntlets, +2d6 from celestial brilliance, +14 Divine Might, +3 luck from Recitation; piercing/bludgeoning/slashing/silver/bypasses any DR next round after successful hit for 10 rounds]
[+2 attack/damage Good Hope not counted, +3 Recitation not counted, +4 Celestial Valor not counted, +4 Greater Heroism not counted, +5 Holy Warrior not counted]
Resistances and Immunities: Fire Resistance 10, Cold Resistance 10, Acid Resistance 20, Electricity Resistance 20, Sonic Resistance 10, Damage Reduction 20/Epic and Evil and Cold Iron, Spell Resistance 34 (43 vs Evil spells/permanent Mantle of Good), Immunity to Disease (normal and supernatural/magical), Immunity to Compulsion effects, Immunity to Petrification, Immunity to Sickened/Nauseated, Foresight/not surprised or flat-footed.
Saves: Fort +55, Ref +49, Will +55 [Counted: Conviction +5 to each save, Foresight +2 to Ref; Not counted: Good Hope +2 to each save, Celesial Valor +4 to each save, Greater Heroism +4 to each save, Recitation +3 to each save]
Precast/Bead of Karma: Contingency/Righteous Might when Jaela casts Holy Transformation CL30, Energy Immunity/Cold CL30, Permanency/Greater Blindsight CL30 [Blindsight for 60ft], Permanency/Mantle of Good CL31, Permanency/Prestidigitation CL30, Extended Lore of the Gods CL30 (10hr duration), Righteous Halo CL30, Longstrider CL25, Moment of Prescience CL25
Precast: Energy Immunity/Fire CL26, Epic Mage Armor CL24, Fortunate Fate CL24, Conviction CL24, Sign CL24, Divine Insight CL24, Spell Turning CL24, Heroes's Feast CL20, Control Water CL18, Mind Blank CL17, Planar Tolerance CL7, GMW CL26/Gae Bolg, GMW CL26/Gae Trocaire, GMW CL26/Gae Dioltas, MV CL27/Millenial Armor, MV CL27/Shield, Foresight CL23, Good Hope CL26, Greater Heroism CL26.
Favored Soul slots left, 01-11: 9/1/0/0/6/0/1/5/6/1/3
CL 26 Favored Soul, CL 21 Divine Crusader [+2CL untyped War domain, +1CL competence Force, +1CL untyped Protection domain, +1CL untyped Abjuration]

11/17 Turning left
-1 smite
-57 LoH

Anastasia

2-3 rounds looks about right, probably less now since you've spent time chattering. So 1-2, they're closer.

"They're coming in fast," The Master peers, "We have a minute, perhaps less."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Jaela nods curtly, taking the time to study the workings of the helm and the best way to tear through it with a single strike. Then, in preparation, she puts the tip of Gae Dioltas through the deck plating before pulling it back out and channeling Antimagic Aura into the weapon.

As Mei and Dana arrive, she announces her altered plan. "Mei and Dana, you'll hold down the fort. Take down any resistance that appears, and be ready protect the ship from long distance weapons with walls of force if it comes to that. The Master and I will fly out to take down the other ships. If the distance between us drops to half, you two are to take this ship out and keep the distance open to give us more time. And if that fucking dragon returns kill it! Questions?"

Anastasia

"Fuckin' got it," Dana says, "I'll take the entrance to belowdecks," Dana marches on over.

Mei nods quickly and heads to the rail, taking position.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Jaela casts haste on them all and then nods at the Master. Of the four approaching ships, she selects the rightmost for him, while her own target would be the second from the left, right in the middle of the enemy formation. And then she's off!

I'll be using the Run action, and my base speed under Haste is 150ft. Thus, 600ft per round, perfect maneuverability. My intention is to smash the helm! Haste CL21 on everyone.

Precast: Energy Immunity/Fire CL26, Epic Mage Armor CL24, Fortunate Fate CL24, Conviction CL24, Sign CL24, Divine Insight CL24, Spell Turning CL24, Heroes's Feast CL20, Control Water CL18, Mind Blank CL17, Planar Tolerance CL7, GMW CL26/Gae Bolg, GMW CL26/Gae Trocaire, GMW CL26/Gae Dioltas, MV CL27/Millenial Armor, MV CL27/Shield, Foresight CL23, Good Hope CL26, Greater Heroism CL26, Haste CL21.

Antimagic Field channeled into Gae Dioltas

11/17 Turning left
-1 smite
-57 LoH

Anastasia

You fly ahead in to the smoke, the Master doing the same. Soon you are parted as you race ahead - yes! Ahead you're coming in fast to a ship. There's at least a dozen efreet on deck, pointing up at you. As you charge in, an array of powerful fireballs are flung at you, bursting all around you.

> roll 1d20+24 SR
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+24 SR --> [ 1d20=12 ]{36}

Gets through your SR. Ref save.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

[19:37] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+53 evasion
[19:37] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+53 evasion --> [ 1d20=4 ]{57}

Anastasia

Jaela whip-fast evades, juking to the side and diving down below the fireballs. She comes right back up, clearing them and heading for the helm.

Go ahead.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Time to test her theory! The Master is to try and crash the ship he's seizing, but Jaela sets a much simpler task for herself. She seems to pause in midair for the briefest of moments, reorienting herself, and then she swoops down to ruin the helm and its surrounding mechanism!

[12:45] <@Annerose> roll 1d20+43+4+5 diving charge, lunging impalement, kobot
[12:45] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 1d20+43+4+5 diving charge, lunging impalement, kobot --> [ 1d20=16 ]{68}
[12:45] <@Annerose> roll 5d8+145+10+25+70 kobot
[12:45] <Kobot> Annerose rolled 5d8+145+10+25+70 kobot --> [ 5d8=17 ]{267}

I'll remain 20ft above the helm at the end, due to lunging impalement. Assuming I hit, it should bypass any DR except unique or /-, and the Antimagic Field would be channeled into the ruins of the helm. Even if it's entirely mechanical, that should hopefully prevent magic being used to restore it to function.

How many rounds has it been since I reached the first ship, for healing reference?

Precast: Energy Immunity/Fire CL26, Epic Mage Armor CL24, Fortunate Fate CL24, Conviction CL24, Sign CL24, Divine Insight CL24, Spell Turning CL24, Heroes's Feast CL20, Control Water CL18, Mind Blank CL17, Planar Tolerance CL7, GMW CL26/Gae Bolg, GMW CL26/Gae Trocaire, GMW CL26/Gae Dioltas, MV CL27/Millenial Armor, MV CL27/Shield, Foresight CL23, Good Hope CL26, Greater Heroism CL26, Haste CL21.

Antimagic Field channeled into Gae Dioltas

11/17 Turning left
-1 smite
-57 LoH