News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

That's exactly what it is, Iddy.

More on the monk stuff in a bit, need to read up on it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 22, 2016, 11:45:20 AMMaking an artifact is beyond even Afina's talent at the moment. It's usually the domain of deities, though it's not impossible for excessively powerful mortals to manage it. Afina could potentially be one of those.
I always thought that artifacts created by mortals were one-off things due to a mix of location, personal power, emotional investment, and things like that. Not just the raw personal power.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Pretty much.

Epic characters stretch the bounds of things and exceed what's defined as mortal in many cases. By excessively powerful I mean epic ones, usually ones well into epic. By mortal here, I mean non-deities.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Slaad dungeon loot

1 non magical jewel mace
Coin pouch worth 1 silver
42 gold
Silver bracelet of average quality worth 150 gold
6 empty gold urns worth 200 gold each
Small golden sphere, dented
Gold coins
Sealed vial
Magic rapier
Two magical stone axes
Green stone crescent
Gold and platinum coins
Emerald worth about 30,000 gold
Iron key
Bag with platinum coins
Golden necklace
Beautiful armor
Iron gauntlet
Cracked sword
Submerged wand
Mace
Greatsword
Greataxe
Red gemstone
Blue gemstone
White gemstone
White comb with blue gems
Purple gemstone
Platinum ingot
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I think we lost the iron key when we used it to open one of the puzzles, for whatever that's worth. Because the extra 50 silver from it would definitely be breaking the bank here.

Anastasia

Jeweled Mace: 24,530 gold.
Coin pouch: 1 silver.
42 gold
Silver bracelet of average quality: 150 gold.
6 empty gold urns: 200 gold each, 1,200 gold total.
Small golden sphere, dented: 140 gold if melted down for metal value, otherwise 50 gold due to its damaged state.
83 gold.
Potion of cure light wounds: 50 gold.
Magic rapier - Rapier+1, holy. In the hands of a neutral good character, it allows them to smite evil once per day as a 5th level sentinel. In the hands of a sentinel, it allows them to smite evil an additional two times per day, but only with the rapier. According to lore, the weapon's name is Shalm, a holy blade forged in Elysium and lost for hundreds of thousands of years. The last possessor was said to be a sentinel who vanished and was never seen again. 72,000 gold.
Stone axe+2: 8000 gold.
Stone axe+2: 8000 gold.
Green stone crescent: 5 gold. Part of a magical puzzle, little value without the rest of it. It's a memento more than anything else.
139 gold coins.
49 platinum coins worth 490 gold.
Large emerald: 30,550 gold.
195 platinum coins worth 1950 gold.
Gold Necklace: 400 gold.
Full Plate Armor+5, ghost touch and blue shine. The armor is engraved with the word 'Tinathe', which is not a known word and likely a name. Little else is known of it. 65,550 gold.
Gauntlet of the Ogre King: Grants a +6 enhancement bonus to strength, damage reduction 10/magic and spell resistance 20. 86,000 gold.
Cracked Sword: This sword was once magical and holy, but the power left it after its bearer gave into cowardice. It has no value now, but could be restored with 5,000 gold worth of mithral. The smith must succeed on a DC 30 Craft (Weaponsmithing) check and do so on hallowed ground.
Submerged wand: Unfortunately, the magic in this wand has been expended, leaving it a worthless stick.
Heavy Mace+5, dancing. This mace is brand new, divinations suggest it was made the very day you challenged the dungeon. 162,000 gold.
Thinaun Greatsword+5, keen and frost. This weapon is brand new, like the mace. It has a name engraved into the hilt: Auril's Mercy. 118,000 gold.
Aurorum Greataxe+3. If the wielder loses body parts or limbs, they can reattach as long as the wielder holds this weapon. Like the mace, it's brand new. 41,000 gold.
Ruby: 2,300 gold.
Sapphire: 900 gold.
Clear quartz: 200 gold.
Ivory comb decorated with blue quartz: 2,000 gold.
Amethyst: 1,000 gold.
Platinum ingot: 2,500 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

629,091 gold and 1 silver total value.

Surraruthru might be interested in the gauntlets, depending on how bonuses stacking maths out, but not really anything else.

I do want to spend the money to fix the Cracked Sword, though.

So he'll take his cut in a combo of money and gems, as he's going to be spending most of the gold on new items.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

Moore would want to take Shalm back to Elysium since he knows Aurora is on good terms with them -- he thinks they would appreciate it having it returned so they can bestow it on one of their own. He'd be willing to use part of his share of the proceeds for this if necessary.

Other than that he's not interested in any of the items but would probably keep the crescent for his return to the dungeon.

Would any NPCs be interested in any of the other items? I don't think any PCs would fancy them.

Iron Dragoon

Who's Shalm?

And the total split 4 ways, Moore/Surru/Finnegan/Aurora, is 157,272 each; that does not count the cracked sword, which Surraruthru will pay for to have restored.

Speaking of, how busy is Afina? I figure a DC 30 check is cake to her.

Nephrite

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on December 22, 2016, 01:33:13 PM

Did you ever come up with a decision on this? Also, I don't remember what you said about it, but if I get Wounding on the Gauntlets and on the Necklace, do my attacks then do -2 con, or do they not stack?

Nephrite

Quote from: Nephrite on January 06, 2017, 08:34:07 AM
Moore would want to take Shalm back to Elysium since he knows Aurora is on good terms with them -- he thinks they would appreciate it having it returned so they can bestow it on one of their own. He'd be willing to use part of his share of the proceeds for this if necessary.

Other than that he's not interested in any of the items but would probably keep the crescent for his return to the dungeon.

Would any NPCs be interested in any of the other items? I don't think any PCs would fancy them.

Actually, before this, would either Mirajane or Misalea (the two sentinels) be at all interested in the rapier?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 06, 2017, 02:07:34 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on December 22, 2016, 01:33:13 PM

Did you ever come up with a decision on this? Also, I don't remember what you said about it, but if I get Wounding on the Gauntlets and on the Necklace, do my attacks then do -2 con, or do they not stack?

It wouldn't stack. For the sake of balance and game play, generally only the necklace applies to your natural attacks (barring artifacts and unusual situations) in any case.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 06, 2017, 02:13:11 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on January 06, 2017, 08:34:07 AM

Actually, before this, would either Mirajane or Misalea (the two sentinels) be at all interested in the rapier?

Misalea has sentimental reasons to hold onto Sylis, so she'll pass.

Mirajane has a nice spear from Lathander so she'll stick with that and pass.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on January 06, 2017, 02:34:59 PM
Misalea has sentimental reasons to hold onto Sylis, so she'll pass.

Mirajane has a nice spear from Lathander so she'll stick with that and pass.

Okay. Does Finnegan care one way or another what's done with the rapier?