News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

There will be posting today, in spite of the personal reasons I mentioned to some of y'all. At least for now, that may change abruptly.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Dogai loot

Dogai's Sword: Jaela can't identify it. However, she can notice nine gems embedded into the hilt. Dull red rubies, and in two of them she can see faces. One has Canderella's face and other has Hanna's, both are constantly and silently screaming in agony.

Bracers of the Ninefold Defense: These bracers grant a +9 armor bonus to armor class and a +9 resistance bonus to saving throws, as well as resistance 30 to hellfire damage. These count as a minor artifact.

Ring of the Feared Shadow: If worn by a character without sneak attack, they gain the sneak attack of a 3rd level rogue.  If worn by a character who has sneak attack, once per day they can spend a swift action to double their sneak attack damage on their next attack. If an attack is not made within one round's time, the effect is wasted. This counts as a minor artifact.

Potion of Rejuvenationx5: Each one of these potions has the effect of a heal spell, except it heals 150 hit points when consumed and again the following two rounds at the beginning of the drinker's turn.

Sphere of Destruction: This sphere may be activated by any character by holding it and spending a standard action to focus on it. This has the effect of a maximized disintegrating blast spell. The save DC is 35. The user is immune to the disintegrating blast. This sphere may be used once per day. This counts as a minor artifact.

One does of Nessian Sludge poison. This is an epic poison, see homebrew.

One dose of Soulfreeze poison. This is an epic poison, see homebrew.

Disintegrating Blast
Transmutation
Level: Duskblade 12, Sor/Wiz 12
Range: 100ft
Area: 100ft radius burst centered on you

This spell is identical to disintegrating burst, except as noted here. This spell can inflict a maximum of 60d6 damage (8d6 on a successful save).

Disintegrating Burst
Transmutation
Level: Duskblade 9, Sor/Wiz 9
Range: 20ft
Area: 20ft radius burst centered on you

This spell is identical to disintegrate, except as noted here. All creatures and unattended objects (except yourself and your familiar) are affected by a disintegrate spell. You do not need to make ranged touch attacks against the creatures in the burst, though spell resistance and the Fortitude saving throw still apply.

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Looks like the sword needs work, but everything else is non-evil? except for the poisons of course, which can be disposed of
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Updated items from Tepen and friends.

Things gathered from the twins.

As a note, a few things were destroyed by the fall and the rest are damaged to varying degrees. The damages can be repaired easily enough and should be assumed. As only one toga was found, the other is out there somewhere or destroyed.

Platinum Anklet of the Swift Cat: Grants a +15 enhancement bonus to Climb, Hide, Jump and Move Silently checks. The wearer can use greater teleport at will (CL15).
Lead Anklet of the Dire Troll: Grants a +15 competence bonus to Intimidate, Listen, Spot and Swim checks. The wearer gains fast healing 1. Lost extremities can be regrown, though this takes several days.
Hiwa's Toga: +9 armor bonus to armor class. It has additional powers relating to sex, which Tepen stonily refuses to go into. It radiates overwhelming evil and he councils it be destroyed at the soonest opportunity. With your leave he'll have it destroyed immediately.
Domination: This ring functions as a ring of djinn calling, except it summons a noble djinn with 25 hit dice. It will serve as normal for a ring of djinn calling or grant a single wish. Regardless of the choice, it can be used once per day. This ring is a minor artifact, legends say it was forged by the twins capturing and subduing a djinn prince.
Ring of Protection+6.
Piercing of Wrath: Grants the wearer the ability to frenzy as a 10th level frenzied berserker once per week.
Blood Piercing: The wearer can cast sadism and masochism at will (CL9).

Items from the Nessian and from general campaigning are yet to be identified.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

We should totally purify the sex robes and give it to the cat goddess person. Sharess.
Or Dana.
Definitely Dana.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on February 10, 2017, 04:29:05 PM
Tepen can burn the rape robes.
I dunno, Sharess would probably dig it if we took those and purified them into something worthwhile.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

Nephrite

I'm all for trying to do something good with them if at all possible.

Anastasia

Nessian Loot

Trahere Animam: This pentagram amulet radiates overwhelming evil. Tepen can't tell what it does, but he cautions no righteous person to touch it or wear it.
Vitam Trahant: This ring is dull and seems to absorb any light around it. Whenever you dispel a spell (such as with dispel magic), you heal hit points equal 1d8 times the spell level. For example, if you dispel a 4th level spell, you heal 4d8 points of damage.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore would be fine with using his time trying to take the items to Celestia or elsewhere to get them repurposed into something not horribly awful.

Yuthirin

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 11, 2017, 08:00:04 AM
Nessian Loot
Vitam Trahant: This ring is dull and seems to absorb any light around it. Whenever you dispel a spell (such as with dispel magic), you heal hit points equal 1d8 times the spell level. For example, if you dispel a 4th level spell, you heal 4d8 points of damage.

Any chance there's a way to add an effect to this to allow it to give temp. HP?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

With all the artifact drops, I'm looking into turning some of the gear I like into slotless items.

I'll start with breaking up the Bracers of Battle into Regalia of Battle, so let me know how this works, Dune.

First, the Bracers formula:

QuoteBracers of Battle: Armbands of Might p72 [4,100gp x2], Bracers of Opportunity p81 [2,300gp x2], Counterstrike Bracers p90 [2,500gp x2], Greatreach Bracers p108-109 [2,000gp x2], Reciprocal Bracers p120 [5,000gp x2]

5,000x2 + 2,000x2x1.5 + 2,500x2x1.5 + 2,300x2x1.5 + 4,100x2x1.5 = 10,000 + 6,000 + 7,500 + 6,900 + 12,300 = 10,675gp/42,700gp

The x2 costs are MIC items cost adjustment. The x1.5 costs are for being a secondary enchantment in an item.

Houserules say the following about slotless items:

QuoteItem Creation Rules: Slotless items cost 2.5x the normal price of an item. This is a raise from 2x the normal price.

Therefore, the (slotless) Regalia of Battle would be:

Regalia of Battle: Armbands of Might p72 [4,100gp x2], Bracers of Opportunity p81 [2,300gp x2], Counterstrike Bracers p90 [2,500gp x2], Greatreach Bracers p108-109 [2,000gp x2], Reciprocal Bracers p120 [5,000gp x2]

5,000x2x2.5 + 2,000x2x2.5 + 2,500x2x2.5 + 2,300x2x2.5 + 4,100x2x2.5 = 25,000 + 10,000 + 12,500 + 11,500 + 20,500 = 19,875gp/79,500gp
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quick note: I won't be dealing with loot questions (including those robes) until this current adventure is over. If you need an immediate ruling on something, tell me.
<Afina> Forever.