News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Oh, yeah, may as well just go that route. What is the pricing on that with the doubling included?

Iron Dragoon

Assuming my previous math was correct, my totals are:

7,525gp for the shop stuff; 107,000 for the boots; leaving Surraruthru with 78,422gp.

As a gift for Kascha, Surraruthru intends to create one set of Bracers of the Entangling Blast (MIC Pg.80) at a book cost of 2,000gpx1.5 for general MIC totaling 3,000gp or 750gp after Afina. I plan to custom make these using Phase Spider Silk that Surraruthru weaves himself.

Second, Surraruthru intends to make a matching set of Casting Gloves (MIC Pg.84) at a book cost of 20,000gpx1.5 for MIC totaling 30,000gp or 7,500gp after Afina's madness. Intent is to have the gloves and bracers match seamlessly with the runes on the gloves written in Draconic.

After purchasing those two, he will be at 70,172gp. Not sure what the cost of the spider silk will be, materially, if it's extra.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

I'll pick up what's available of this!

Theair: Steel harvested from Benfal immediately after its ascension to Elysium. It is drenched in holy energies, so it should be good for a weapon or armor. 8,000 gold, 2 available.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

I'm also going to convert 20k of gold into gems. I don't have any specific preference on type except for it to be impressive.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 20, 2017, 09:05:39 PM
This came up:

<Ebiris> As far as your calling idea, I got a lot of mileage out of this (Removed link) Bracelet of Friends back in B1.
> Yeah, that bracelet is perfect as a base concept. I think we may need to bump the power with some security measures, so a devil that gets their hands on one can't use it outright, but that's *way* cheaper than giving everyone an at-will teleport item and allows for really fast redeployment and consolidation of our officer corps.

Pricing on something like that?

The good thing is that the base item already has that. The SRD notes that the called creature is aware who is calling, and a calling requires a willing creature. In other words, if the creature doesn't like who is calling them, they're free to ignore the calling.

The bigger issue is that it only works if you are both on the same plane. That's trickier, would you want that upgraded away?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

It wouldn't hurt, really, but it depends on how much the upgrade costs vs. ability to equip everyone with one.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 22, 2017, 05:21:28 PM
Quote from: Ebiris on February 22, 2017, 03:14:58 PM
Split between Aurora, Afina, Jaela, Tryll, Moore, and Surrurathru comes to 180,875 each.

So that's 180,875+69,572.77=250,447.77-57,500(Boots upgrade)=192,947.77

That includes the boots upgrade, so I dunno if you want to go ahead and do the write up for that.

What's the cost to upgrade the Vitam Trahant Ring with the Ring of the Darkhidden property? It's a 4k ring from MIC (Listed at 2k), but doesn't list an enchantment level, so I'm not sure how to math it up.

It's an epic item, but Gold can handle epic rings. So the normal price including the MIC doubler and the modifier for stacking it on an existing item.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 23, 2017, 08:58:38 PM
It's an epic item, but Gold can handle epic rings. So the normal price including the MIC doubler and the modifier for stacking it on an existing item.

So 9k/4=2,250 to add it. Might as well.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 22, 2017, 05:53:44 PMSnip calculations.

Calculations all look good.

QuoteFor further boots upgrades! How much would it take to add Cloud Wings from Spell Compendium?

2*3*2000, which is 12000 gold. I assume you're stacking it so that modifier will apply.

Boots of Striding and Springing cost 3k to boost land movement only by 10ft on a permanent basis. Not that expensive but it is an enhancement bonus, while this isn't one. Ignoring the difference between land and fly speeds a sec, 12k strikes me as a tad cheap for it. I'd expect around 8-10k for a 20ft booster based on that and higher for a +3. It's also untyped, so 12k feels too cheap since it's stackable with other bonuses.

15k (before stacking modifier) if I rule it is an enhancement bonus, much higher if it's an untyped bonus.  How much higher I'm not sure offhand, I need to do homework. I'd peg it around 30k or higher. Probably not more than 40k unless I get a surprise. Fly speeds tend to be faster than land speeds, so a relatively larger but static bonus isn't worth quite as much as it would be for land speed. I'll get back to you on this tonight or tomorrow. Quote this back at me if I haven't replied by the time you read this.

QuoteHow much to double the duration from Boots of Speed to 20 rounds per day?

Let's say a flat doubler and a touch more to pretty it up. 25k base price, so 13k assuming you've already purchased a baseline pair.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll repays his debt to Hanna when she's feeling well enough to collect. He keeps the remaining 171,015 for now.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Also wasn't there a potion in the shops that boosted caster level by 1 while removing 1 HP per level, or did someone buy it?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 22, 2017, 11:38:03 PM
Assuming my previous math was correct, my totals are:

7,525gp for the shop stuff; 107,000 for the boots; leaving Surraruthru with 78,422gp.

As a gift for Kascha, Surraruthru intends to create one set of Bracers of the Entangling Blast (MIC Pg.80) at a book cost of 2,000gpx1.5 for general MIC totaling 3,000gp or 750gp after Afina. I plan to custom make these using Phase Spider Silk that Surraruthru weaves himself.

Second, Surraruthru intends to make a matching set of Casting Gloves (MIC Pg.84) at a book cost of 20,000gpx1.5 for MIC totaling 30,000gp or 7,500gp after Afina's madness. Intent is to have the gloves and bracers match seamlessly with the runes on the gloves written in Draconic.

After purchasing those two, he will be at 70,172gp. Not sure what the cost of the spider silk will be, materially, if it's extra.

Looks good. The phase spider silk won't impact the cost, though it is a nice addition. Kascha'll comment on this IC.

[Wrists]Bracers of the Entangling Blast: 3/day, halve damage of next spell to entangle target(s) for 1d3 rounds and deal damage equal to spell level on your turn for those turns.
[Hands]Casting Gloves: As gloves of storing, except you can activate an item within as if you were holding it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 23, 2017, 01:13:11 AM
I'll pick up what's available of this!

Theair: Steel harvested from Benfal immediately after its ascension to Elysium. It is drenched in holy energies, so it should be good for a weapon or armor. 8,000 gold, 2 available.

So noted. 16k total.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 23, 2017, 01:29:45 AM
I'm also going to convert 20k of gold into gems. I don't have any specific preference on type except for it to be impressive.

Sure.

Are you looking for lots of little gems or a few bigger ones?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 23, 2017, 10:18:58 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on February 23, 2017, 01:29:45 AM

Sure.

Are you looking for lots of little gems or a few bigger ones?

Few bigger ones.