News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Quote from: Ebiris on February 24, 2017, 04:49:57 PM
So since artifacts aren't easily sellable, why don't we give the Ring of Feared Shadow to Rosa? She has 10d6 sneak attack and one of her rings is just a fluffy thing that boosts the create water cantrip, so she could get good use out of it.

Solid choice.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Quote from: Corwin on February 22, 2017, 06:10:26 PM
Quote from: Corwin on January 13, 2017, 04:02:28 PM
I'm giving Afina a birthday present!

It's a book with a midnight black cover. I've noticed she's not much of a reader, so I'm trying to fix that!

Speaking of this, wanna check it out for any insights, Afina?

I want to know what it does so much~
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

I'll look at it when I'm back from boring genies!

Corwin

QuoteBracers of Ninefold Defence, 4 potions of rejuvenation - all held pending buyers

Let's kick them into the Aurora funds (and shared gear) thread?

Corwin

So I've been going over epic spells and recalled this.

You know what, I'll go for this.

Money: 52,804.77gp - 10,000gp = 42,804.77gp

Nephrite

Does anyone have any good cloak-slot suggestions? Maybe I should just try and make a custom item or something...

Ebiris

Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 06:09:46 PM
QuoteBracers of Ninefold Defence, 4 potions of rejuvenation - all held pending buyers

Let's kick them into the Aurora funds (and shared gear) thread?

Agreed.

Also we should move over all the shitty devil items that are on the list to be purified because I'm pretty sure there's an enormous backlog.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 02:07:32 PMFinal boots writeup:

QuoteBoots of Swift Travel: Boots of Temporal Acceleration (As a swift action 1/day, act under Time Stop for two rounds, become Shaken for one round after use.) tacked on top of Boots of the Bringer of the White (When worn by a paladin, these boots grant an extra Smite Evil per day. In addition, whenever you successfully smite evil, you gain a +3 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls for the next minute.). Further added the following enhancements from Dana's gift:
- Boots of Speed.
- A +15 competence bonus to Swim checks.
- Permanent fly, CL 5.
- At will Greater Teleport as a standard action, CL 13, 56k or 14k after discount.
- A 30ft enhancement bonus to fly speed.
A +2 boot blade.
[119,312.5gp/477,250gp]

Original price: 115,562.5gp/462,250gp
Final price: 119,312.5gp/477,250gp

Money: 59,854gp - 3,750gp = 56,104gp

Looks good.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

So since artifacts aren't easily sellable, why don't we give the Ring of Feared Shadow to Rosa? She has 10d6 sneak attack and one of her rings is just a fluffy thing that boosts the create water cantrip, so she could get good use out of it.

Sure, if you want to. Let me know you all are committed to this. (Total honesty, I'm falling asleep fast so this is just punting the editing until tomorrow. A simple yes is fine since I'll see that in the morning and do it.)
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 24, 2017, 05:02:42 PM
No objections.

Also, Dune, I'm asking Afina to make me a spear with Theair. Theair, reveal thy secrets!

Paused on this one, will resume in the morning.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 27, 2017, 12:54:25 AM

Sure, if you want to. Let me know you all are committed to this. (Total honesty, I'm falling asleep fast so this is just punting the editing until tomorrow. A simple yes is fine since I'll see that in the morning and do it.)

I'm good with it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

Does anyone know of any decent cloak-slot items that might be of use to Moore? He may just make a custom item that gives dodge chance or something since all the ones I can find in the MiC aren't terribly great.

Anastasia

This:

Blackguard's Hammer: Greathammer+1, unholy. Grants a +3 profane bonus to the save DCs of the wielder's spell like abilities or blackguard/paladin of tyranny spellcasting. 50,000 gold, assuming you're willing to sell an evil object of this power.

Becomes:

Paladin's Hammer: Greathammer+1, holy. Grants a +3 sacred bonus to the wielder's attack rolls with it as well as fast healing 3.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite