News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I realize I've never actually purchased this. My bad! Getting a 10 competence Paintbrush of Drawing to Craft/Drawing to compliment my 10 competent Quill of Writing to Profession/Writer.

Funds: 42,804.77gp - 6,250gp = 36,554.77gp
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Moore loot

Ingots

Knight's Gauntlets

These gauntlets grant a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength. When worn by a creature with levels in in the knight class, they are counted as five levels higher to determine the bonus from shield block as well as the morale bonus to attack rolls and Will saves from fighting challenge. A character without levels in knight gains no benefit from this, though they can still benefit from the Strength bonus.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

-10,000 gold for criminal liberation.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Spoiler: ShowHide

Since Aurora upgrades are actually a lot more affordable, I figure we should work in three directions.
-Afina's golem forces
-Improving our barriers
-General 'quality of life' improvements

[Golems]
Here's Eb's original golem force proposal.

Here's the pertinent part:
QuoteThe cost of all this is 30,000gp per nimblewright, which is 7,500gp after Aurora discounts. She wants to make 20 of them for a total of 150,000gp out of the Aurora fund.

[Barriers]
Barriers fall into two categories, better defense and actually warding enemies off.

1) Create a prismatic wall over the sphere of force around Aurora: 252,000 gold; 4 DC 35 K:A checks; 4 days. ---> Adapt wall to not blind creatures with less than 8 hit dice:  25,000 gold; 4 DC 40 Spellcraft checks; 5 days. ----> Add the ability to turn the prismatic wall on and off: 50,000 gold; 2 DC 40 Spellcraft checks, 3 days.

2) Set up outer walls to project holy power: 50,000 gold, 5 DC 32 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 45 K:A&E checks; 3 days. ---> Set up holy power aura in a 30ft radius around Aurora, 3d6 damage: 100,000 gold; 4 DC 40 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 40 K:R checks; 7 days. ---> Improve holy damage to 6d6: 160,000 gold; 3 DC 45 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 45 K:R checks; 5 days. ---> Improve holy damage to 10d6: 222,000 gold; 3 DC 55 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 55 K:R checks; 6 days. ---> Improve holy damage to 20d6: 580,000 gold; 3 DC 70 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 70 K:R checks; 7 days.

[Utility stuff]

Sending Orbs(Planar sending, allows sendings at will from various points in Aurora): 100,000 gold; 1 DC 35 spellcraft check; 1 DC 35 K:A check, 1 DC 35 K:P check; 5 days.

Add long range Analyze Portal capacity (Allows Analyze Portal results from the nearest portal when detected): 55,000 gold; 2 DC 30 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 30 K:P check; 7 days

Expand dungeon (Double capacity): 50,000 gold; 1 DC 20 K:A&E check; 1 DC 25 spellcraft check; 5 days.

Improve suites (You and anyone else who gets one lives in high magical luxury) ---> 50,000 gold; 1 DC 30 spellcraft check; 1 DC 30 K:A&E check; 12 days.

[My proposal]
Current Aurora fund is at 314,737.31gp.

Let's build the golem force for 150,000gp, and use the other half of the funds to protect Aurora via extreme turtling behind a second layer of prismatic walls. If we roll exceptionally well, we could do some improvements. I'm actually tempted to pay for the suite improvements out of my own pocket, but that's leave plenty other stuff.

Thoughts, suggestions, objections?

Quote[My proposal]

Let's build the golem force for 150,000gp, and use the other half of the funds to protect Aurora via extreme turtling behind a second layer of prismatic walls. If we roll exceptionally well, we could do some improvements. I'm actually tempted to pay for the suite improvements out of my own pocket, but that's leave plenty other stuff.

I'm sure Sylvie will be cool with improving Aurora some more! Unless someone objects, I'll roll for her whenever Dune says I can. Ideally, we'll have 12 days for home improvements.

I also thought of an improvement Iddy raised last time. How about a Healer's Ward improvement that's basically adding Heward's Fortifying Bedroll functionality to infirmary beds?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Corwin on March 09, 2017, 04:34:33 PM
I also thought of an improvement Iddy raised last time. How about a Healer's Ward improvement that's basically adding Heward's Fortifying Bedroll functionality to infirmary beds?

As mentioned here: <Space_Cat> http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1067404.html#msg1067404

It'll let our people swap out spell slots with 1 hour of rest, but it won't let them refresh the daily spells, so the usefulness of it is limited.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

Let me know if there's any way Sylvie won't manage to reach the 80% discount threshold on this.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 09, 2017, 05:09:57 PM

As mentioned here: <Space_Cat> http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1067404.html#msg1067404

It'll let our people swap out spell slots with 1 hour of rest, but it won't let them refresh the daily spells, so the usefulness of it is limited.

That. In addition, I'm not going to approve anything that breaks the daily recovery rate. It happens every once in a great while in setting to y'all (usually someone giving you a full heal like a deity), but for the sake of game balance I'm not going to approve that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Spoiler: ShowHide

Since Aurora upgrades are actually a lot more affordable, I figure we should work in three directions.
-Afina's golem forces
-Improving our barriers
-General 'quality of life' improvements

[Golems]
Here's Eb's original golem force proposal.

Here's the pertinent part:
QuoteThe cost of all this is 30,000gp per nimblewright, which is 7,500gp after Aurora discounts. She wants to make 20 of them for a total of 150,000gp out of the Aurora fund.

[Barriers]
Barriers fall into two categories, better defense and actually warding enemies off.

1) Create a prismatic wall over the sphere of force around Aurora: 252,000 gold; 4 DC 35 K:A checks; 4 days. ---> Adapt wall to not blind creatures with less than 8 hit dice:  25,000 gold; 4 DC 40 Spellcraft checks; 5 days. ----> Add the ability to turn the prismatic wall on and off: 50,000 gold; 2 DC 40 Spellcraft checks, 3 days.

2) Set up outer walls to project holy power: 50,000 gold, 5 DC 32 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 45 K:A&E checks; 3 days. ---> Set up holy power aura in a 30ft radius around Aurora, 3d6 damage: 100,000 gold; 4 DC 40 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 40 K:R checks; 7 days. ---> Improve holy damage to 6d6: 160,000 gold; 3 DC 45 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 45 K:R checks; 5 days. ---> Improve holy damage to 10d6: 222,000 gold; 3 DC 55 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 55 K:R checks; 6 days. ---> Improve holy damage to 20d6: 580,000 gold; 3 DC 70 spellcraft checks; 2 DC 70 K:R checks; 7 days.

[Utility stuff]

Sending Orbs(Planar sending, allows sendings at will from various points in Aurora): 100,000 gold; 1 DC 35 spellcraft check; 1 DC 35 K:A check, 1 DC 35 K:P check; 5 days.

Add long range Analyze Portal capacity (Allows Analyze Portal results from the nearest portal when detected): 55,000 gold; 2 DC 30 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 30 K:P check; 7 days

Expand dungeon (Double capacity): 50,000 gold; 1 DC 20 K:A&E check; 1 DC 25 spellcraft check; 5 days.

Improve suites (You and anyone else who gets one lives in high magical luxury) ---> 50,000 gold; 1 DC 30 spellcraft check; 1 DC 30 K:A&E check; 12 days.

[My proposal]

Thoughts, suggestions, objections?

Quote[My proposal]

I'm sure Sylvie will be cool with improving Aurora some more! Unless someone objects, I'll roll for her whenever Dune says I can. Ideally, we'll have 12 days for home improvements.

Okay, cool. Once you all have decided, roll and post results/total cost and I'll update the Aurora topic.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Clearing out monk equipment:

Selling off the 'monk' portion of my belt, which I paid 4875 gp for to revert it back to a normal belt of magnificence +6.

And an Inquiry: If I add Spell Storing to one of my rings, is there a way to speed up the activation to a move action like I did with the boots? I don't see any kind of formula for that sorta thing.

Also, dunno if I already donated these, but to the library they go:
Encyclopedia of Encyclopedias: 500 gold.
Lost Lore of the Abyss: The Quartered Lion: 600 gold.
Archfiend's Grimoire: 1000 gold.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 11, 2017, 03:01:42 AM

Selling off the 'monk' portion of my belt, which I paid 4875 gp for to revert it back to a normal belt of magnificence +6.

You can't sell off parts of an item normally, so you're stuck with the monk part..

QuoteAnd an Inquiry: If I add Spell Storing to one of my rings, is there a way to speed up the activation to a move action like I did with the boots? I don't see any kind of formula for that sorta thing.

Anything like that is 100% DM fiat, since there's no single approach that works. Some things are fine sped up or even preferable, while other things don't work out or become unbalanced.

Anyway, isn't spell storing a weapon property and not something you add to a ring?

QuoteAlso, dunno if I already donated these, but to the library they go:
Encyclopedia of Encyclopedias: 500 gold.
Lost Lore of the Abyss: The Quartered Lion: 600 gold.
Archfiend's Grimoire: 1000 gold.

Done. I know you donated the grimoire already, not sure about the other two.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on March 11, 2017, 10:16:14 AM

You can't sell off parts of an item normally, so you're stuck with the monk part..

I mean, I can do it the long way and sell the entire belt and buy a new belt of magnificence +6 if you want. It'll work out the same way, math-wise. I just figured I'd short cut it that way, but that's how I'll do it if you want.

Quote from: Anastasia on March 11, 2017, 10:16:14 AM
QuoteAnd an Inquiry: If I add Spell Storing to one of my rings, is there a way to speed up the activation to a move action like I did with the boots? I don't see any kind of formula for that sorta thing.

Anything like that is 100% DM fiat, since there's no single approach that works. Some things are fine sped up or even preferable, while other things don't work out or become unbalanced.

Anyway, isn't spell storing a weapon property and not something you add to a ring?

Nope, there's a Ring of Spell Storing, Minor, Major, ect. in the MiC. I've seen references to it being listed in the DMG v3.5, too. Honestly, my intent is to get something with x number of charges, or rechargeable, for Duelward/Battlemagic Perception. Not something I can use an unlimited times per day or anything, but maybe two or three times a day. Or once, if balance calls for it.

Iron Dragoon

What would the cost be to increase the initiative bonus on these by an additional +4?

Bracers of the Hunter, 45,950gp: +15 competence bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks, +2 competence bonus on Initiative checks; Wand Holster

Edit: Okay, the Warning enchantment from MIC page 46, gives a +5 insight bonus to initiative and is listed as a +1 bonus price. It's a weapon enchantment, though, so we're looking at... 1^2x2000x1.5(MIC)x1.5(off-slot)x1.5(adding)=6,750gp. I dunno what, if any, rules are out that about having different bonus types on a single item, so I can add it to whatever you want.

Corwin

Sylvie goes on a building spree! Rolls are calculated with her base skills +4 from aiding.

Quote[19:54] <@Rin> Create a prismatic wall over the sphere of force around Aurora: 252,000 gold; 4 DC 35 K:A checks; 4 days.
[19:54] <@Rin> roll 4#1d20+64
[19:54] <Serith> Rin roll for Serith < 76, 72, 66, 75 >
[19:55] <@Rin> Adapt wall to not blind creatures with less than 8 hit dice:  25,000 gold; 4 DC 40 Spellcraft checks; 5 days.
[19:55] <@Rin> roll 4#1d20+57
[19:55] <Serith> Rin roll for Serith < 71, 70, 59, 75 >
[19:55] <@Rin> Add the ability to turn the prismatic wall on and off: 50,000 gold; 2 DC 40 Spellcraft checks, 3 days.
[19:55] <@Rin> roll 2#1d20+57
[19:55] <Serith> Rin roll for Serith < 71, 68 >

QuoteFor every 3 points that you pass a check, the price of the upgrades is reduced by 1%.
QuoteThe maximum discount of any upgrade is 80%.
QuoteImprove laboratories (50% discount on magical items; 25% discount on repairs/improvements)

Tallying!

(13+12+10+13) +25 = 73
Create a prismatic wall over the sphere of force around Aurora: 68,040gp out of 252,000 gold

(10+10+6+11) +25 = 62
Adapt wall to not blind creatures with less than 8 hit dice: 9,500gp out of 25,000 gold

(10+9) +25 = 44
Add the ability to turn the prismatic wall on and off: 28,000gp out of 50,000 gold

Aurora's expenses are 68,040+9,500+28,000 = 105,540gp

Nephrite

As a reminder, Moore can help with this sort of thing!

Shared Talent (+2 untyped), Inspire Competence (+8 morale) and Song of Fortune (+5 untyped for a total of +15 to their roll.

He has +5 more as insight 1/day.