Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Okay, so Surraruthru is buying this and adding it to his currently existing amulet:

Amulet of Greater Dispelling Breath, 200,000gp: This amulet alters a current breath weapon the character has to function as a Greater Magic Dispel effect, similar to the Dispelling Breath spell, at the maximum base bonus of 20 CL. This effect is continuous and does not alter the shape or range of the breath weapon.

This leaves Surraruthru with 22,661.57gp.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Sorry, today's busy and last night was a wash. I'm fine with the spit with including Aurora.

Iddy, did we decide what to do with the Scythe?Answered my own question.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on September 01, 2017, 03:22:15 AM
Dude, the Sending Orbs we're finishing up are our PA system. And our Prank the Devil Lord system. And our long distance phones....
Can't Sendings only be sent to one person at a time?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Tryll loans 40,500 gold to Surru, delivered by Calleigh along with a surprise tiny ballistic bucket of paint.

Iron Dragoon

Danko, Yuth.

Okay, so with Kascha's unexpected loan, I'm up to 82,661.57

I "sell" back my ring of wiz 3, then get a ring of wiz 5 to put on it. Selling nets 17.5k for a total of 100,161.57, the cost of the new one is 250k/4=62.5k*1.5=93,750. 100,161.57-93,750= 6,411.57.

With the 40,500 from Yuth, I purchase: Metamagic Rod of Maximize (Normal). 54,000/4=13.5k. 40.5k/13.5k=3. I purchase 3.

Corwin

I suppose you're technically correct! But it was really designed to let us stay in contact and deliver orders, so it could still work in a pyramid structure. Generals -> colonels (regiment responsibility) -> lieutenant colonels (battalion responsibility) -> majors (company level) -> lieutenants (platoons) -> sergeants (all the way down to squad level).

Given that unlike regular Sending this is intended for immediate use this sort of exponential relay would take half a minute at the most. Ideally, Dune will abstract it further and just have a Sending via Orbs apply to as many recipients as needed since micromanaging this is boring.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Unrelated to the above, but did either Mala or her cloaked minion have anything cool, Dune? Would also like to confirm Mala's sigil officially.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Filling a steel box with the magic water from the Arborea spring. I am not entirely sure how big this box is, it came from This Post for reference.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Yuthirin on September 01, 2017, 04:06:53 PM

Iddy, did we decide what to do with the Scythe?Answered my own question.

Just to be entirely clear here, we did nothing with it. It has to be special sold, so someone has to take time to find a buyer. We haven't done that yet.

Yuthirin

Iron Dragoon

Yuthirin

-2000g for Ioun Stone I should have bought a month and a half ago

Iron Dragoon

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Mala Loot

Ring of Protection+5.
Robe of the Accursed: As a black robe of archmagi, except it also grants a +10 competence bonus to Spellcraft and Knowledge (Arcana) checks.

Sigil of the Fallen Throne

This ring is forged of hellfire blackened cold iron and onyx and is warm to the touch. When worn, this ring inflicts 2d6 points of fire damage per round to the wearer. When worn by a devil of the pit fiend caste or higher, the ring grants several benefits:

- +2 profane bonus to Intelligence.
- Immunity to corruption costs of corrupt magic (the spell works normally).
- The benefits of a ring of wizardry for 1st through 9th level spells.
- Once per day, the wearer may cast wish as a standard action. The caster level is 21.

When worn by a devil lower in rank than a pit fiend, they gain no benefit. When worn by a creature that is not a devil, they suffer the fire damage. Further, each round the wearer's maximum hit points decrease by one. This gradual loss is not noticed by the wearer, save as a faint lethargy. When reduced to zero hit points, the wearer dies and his soul is cast to Lifasa. The ring can be fooled by a successful DC 50 Use Magic Device check. If successful, the ring functions safely for nine hours.  As a side effect of wearing the sigil like this, the creature will radiate an aura of overwhelming evil and law. Further, they will be treated as a devil for the sake of effects.

The Sigil of the Fallen Throne is a major artifact.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?