News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Nam Malum

This ring grants the wearer's spell-like abilities a +3 bonus to the save DC and caster level. This bonus to caster level may exceed the normal limits for a spell. For example, a fireball spell-like ability with a caster level of 23rd is normally capped at 10d6, but a fireball by the same person wearing this ring would have a caster level of 26 and deal 13d6 damage.

Nam Malum is a minor artifact.

Aracnois Ring

This ring grants the wearer a constant spider climb effect, immunity to being tangled, slowed or harmed by webs (including the web spell) and a +5 deflection bonus to armor class. The wearer can cast the following spells as spell-like abilities at will with a caster level of 20th: poison, web.

Silvber's Staff

This staff functions as a quarterstaff+5, unholy and wounding, as well as a staff of fire (50 charges). Additionally, creatures who take damage from the staff, via being struck or by its staff of fire spells, suffer an additional 2d6 hellfire damage.

Silvber's Amulet

This amulet grants a +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma, a +5 enhancement bonus to natural armor and a +1 luck bonus to saving throws. Wearers find their vision sharpened, granting a +10 competence bonus to Spot checks.

Potion of Haste
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
Potion of Jump

Silvber's Dagger

This dagger is a cold iron dagger+5, flaming burst.

Sigil of the Outer Ring Fortresses

This ring is forged of hellfire blackened cold iron and platinum and is warm to the touch. When worn, this ring inflicts 2d6 points of fire damage per round to the wearer. When worn by a devil of the pit fiend caste or higher, the ring grants several benefits:

- +2 profane bonus to Charisma.
- Immunity to mind-affecting.
- Once per day, the wearer may cast hellfire storm, heightened to 9th level and with a save DC of 40. The caster level is 21.
- Once per day, the wearer may cast wish as a standard action. The caster level is 21.

When worn by a devil lower in rank than a pit fiend, they gain no benefit. When worn by a creature that is not a devil, they suffer the fire damage. Further, each round the wearer's maximum hit points decrease by one. This gradual loss is not noticed by the wearer, save as a faint lethargy. When reduced to zero hit points, the wearer dies and his soul is cast to Lifasa. The ring can be fooled by a successful DC 50 Use Magic Device check. If successful, the ring functions safely for nine hours.  As a side effect of wearing the sigil like this, the creature will radiate an aura of overwhelming evil and law. Further, they will be treated as a devil for the sake of effects.

The Sigil of the Outer Ring Fortresses is a major artifact.

Voreldurah

These ten rings were part of a vast energy array to means unknown. Elder Magi Tepen can conclude a few things, however.

- These rings were a major artifact, yet set to largely destroy themselves. This is almost certainly the work of a deity, probably Tiamat.
- Someone saw your entire battle with Silvber through these.
- The destruction was incomplete, possibly because of the dispel magic used on the dragon. Some fragments of power remain.

Each ring has the following effects as of now.

Ring 1: Can be worn and functions an amulet of natural armor+5 and necklace of natural attacks+5.
Ring 2: The energy within can be channeled to grant one person a +1 bonus to Charisma.
Ring 3: Functions as a ring of wizardry for 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th and 9th level magic if worn.
Ring 4: Powerless.
Ring 5: Powerless.
Ring 6: Grants fast healing 1 if worn.
Ring 7: Powerless.
Ring 8: Powerless.
Ring 9: Inflicts fear (as the spell) on the wearer.
Ring 10: Functions as a ring of feather falling, elemental control (water), deflection+3, regeneration and swimming.

Each ring is now a minor artifact.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

I want to have an even Charisma so much! SO MUCH!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Moore would like the +1 cha to go to 36, but is fine to pass it to Jaela.

Corwin

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on December 17, 2017, 02:04:19 PM
Ring 3: Functions as a ring of wizardry for 1st, 4th, 5th, 7th, 8th and 9th level magic if worn.

Naturally, I want this.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Nephrite

To be clear, Moore will pass on the rest of the loot.

Yuthirin

+1 IOU from Tryll to Morniel for 3k gold.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

OKay, selling this:

Arcanaloth's Ring of Wizardy V, 241,750gp: Ring of protection +4. It also functions as a ring of wizardry V, improved swimming and improved climbing.

75% value results in 181,312.5gp for it.

60k goes to Kascha to repay loan.

That leaves me with... 140,224.07gp.

Iron Dragoon

I wish to purchase a thing.

Dispelling Cord, MIC Pg. 94.
Base Cost: 1000 gp
I want to add it to my Belt of Magnificence and make it a continuous effect.
1000+(3*5*2000)*1.5*1.5=69,750gp.

This leaves me with 70,474.07gp.

With this I wish to purchase a Weaving Skill Boosting item. I figure something like a loom/spinner would be appropriate. Would there be an adjustment in the price for it being a large thing not carried on my persons? With 70k gold, math-wise, I can get a skill boost of 350 points. I realize this far exceeds what's allowed, so I wanna talk about what's allowed or special materials and whatnot to get me as high as I (semi-reasonably) can.

Anastasia

Okay, walk me through the math on a skill booster, first of all.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Well the non-epic math is bonus^2*100. (I did my math wrong, for some reason I saw the ^2 as a *2).

So the pre epic cap is supposed to be +15.  You've got notes to reduce epic costs, but nothing for calculating it.

70k will net me a bonus of +26 at a cost of 67,600 (26^2*100). A +30 is 90k. I can actually get the 90k if I sell the large ruby and large blue diamond I have.

Anastasia

Competence bonuses come in 5 point increments: +5, +10, +15, +20 and so on. There's no hard cap on what an epic character might make here, only what I'll allow and common sense. I usually don't go much past +20/+25 range, if those.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alrighty, I want to buy a Loom/Spinner set up for a competence bonus of +25 to Craft: Weaving. The cost is 62,250gp. I'm not sure what the cost of the actual machine would be, going to estimate about 1000gp for it. So the total is 63,250gp.

This leaves me with 7,224.07gp.

I also wish to purchase a pair of gloves enchanted to give a +5 Insight bonus to Craft: Weaving. The cost of this enchantment would be 2,500 (5*5*100), and a pair of gloves base cost would be 5gp (guessing), for a total of 2,505gp.

This leaves me with a total of 4,719.07gp.

Edit: I realized that I did not apply any pixie discounts to the dispelling belt, loom, or gloves. With 75% discounts, the dispelling cord is 17,437.5gp, the loom is 15,562.5gp and the gloves are 626.25gp. This instead leaves me with 106,597.82gp.