News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Poll: Would you like to be 18 again?

Started by Anastasia, August 26, 2011, 02:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to be 18 again?

Yes!
5 (38.5%)
No!
8 (61.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Anastasia

See title. Why or why not? The thought crossed my mind tonight and I'm curious how SR shakes out.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

I guess I could've gone for culinary school instead of this IT thing...

But no, not really, it makes no difference and I like living in the present.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

thepanda

Yes! Yes! Oh ye gods above, I'd hurt someone to go back to that time knowing what I know now. So many screw ups I could fix. So much debt I'd know not to take on. So much family drama I could avoid.

I mean, sure, there'd be a whole new set of fuckups, I'm sure. But still, I've lost all three grandfathers since. Seeing them again wouldn't be terrible.

Jason_Miao

I put no.  It was a hard effort to be half as foolish and ignorant.  Why would I want to revert?

Halbarad

Echoing Panda here. So many things I could go back and try to fix if I had that chance again.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Iron Dragoon

I voted no, but I'd still have to agree with Panda-bear. I wouldn't mind so much as long as I kept my knowledge and experience. I'd definitely join cross country and hit the weights big time before I went back into the Marines, at least.

And beat the living fuck out of a few people I didn't know were being complete fucking asshats to a couple of my friends..
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Sierra

I'd surely make all the same damn mistakes again, but not gonna refuse the extra time to do it in.

Brian

I say no; I've made precious friends after reaching the age of 18 that I don't believe I'd be in the right place to meet, had I not made the mistakes I did.

Unless, you know, it's some uber NG+ thing where I can be guaranteed the chance to not lose any friends.

Though, having to rewrite all my fics from memory would be a huge pain.  ;)

I guess situationally, I'd say yes ... but I don't want to wallow in regret, so try to say I wouldn't.  Boo on me? :\
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

I wouldn't mind a whole like repeated youth thing :)

Would hardly really want to go back a decade of years.
Well, Goodbye.

Music-chan

18 was easy.  I'd rather go back to my early 20s, when I really started messing things up and could re-do it.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Yuthirin

Nosir. I have regrets, but they only serve to make me more awesome.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I'd like to try it but I wouldn't want to stay there. Going back would be fun for a little while, but ultimately I don't want to give up what I have now. Unless it was an NG+ sort of thing, then I'd be all over that shit.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Seconded and thirded. Can you imagine going through 18 years old with everything you have now?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Sounds like you two would much more be in the 'eternal youth would be awesome' club.

I mean, I suppose trying to get into colleges or first jobs might be really thrilling :P
Well, Goodbye.