006. "You are the current master, aren't you?"

Started by Corwin, September 05, 2011, 04:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[20:04] <Kozzz> With the Celestial Key in Adrian's hands, the party stands atop this nameless mountain in Elysium. Winds begin to blow after the battle, chill ones that promise snow. With a nod, "Now we need to find a way to the Deep Ethereal. The best way would probably be to find a way back to the Astral and a portal through there?"
[20:06] <Afina> "We can backtrack the way we came," Afina agrees with that plan. "Unless anyone knows of a better portal closer to here?"
[20:06] * Jaela considers this for a moment....
[20:06] <Jaela> roll 1d20+19
[20:06] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+19 and gets 21." [1d20=2]
[20:09] <Jaela> ...and then she shrugs. "Sorry. I try to avoid Elysium when I can, so...."

[20:11] <Afina> roll 1d20+19 intuit direction to go straight back as the crow flies rather than completely backtracking and possibly taking longer?
[20:11] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+19 intuit direction to go straight back as the crow flies rather than completely backtracking and possibly taking longer? and gets 30." [1d20=11]
[20:15] <Jaela> roll 1d20+23 surviving!
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+23 surviving! and gets 34." [1d20=11]
[20:15] <Willim> roll 1d20+11 surv
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "Willim rolls 1d20+11 surv and gets 25." [1d20=14]
[20:15] <Kozzz> roll 1d20+1 Adrian will chip in too
[20:15] * Hatbot --> "Kozzz rolls 1d20+1 Adrian will chip in too and gets 21." [1d20=20]
[20:16] <Ithea> roll d20+3
[20:16] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+3 and gets 13." [d20=10]
[20:18] <Kozzz> OOC: Total?
[20:19] <Jaela> OOC: 38
[20:20] <Kozzz> roll 1d100
[20:20] * Hatbot --> "Kozzz rolls 1d100 and gets 37." [1d100=37]

[20:21] <Kozzz> There's nor eal shortcuts down the mountain, really. But once you get back to the forest you begin to make better time, slipping through! It's the sixth day in Elysium now, you estimate you're a day or so away from the portal. Yet with everyone pitching in and finding the best way, you make it back to the lake just before sunset of the sixth day.
[20:23] <Afina> And with Jaela constantly affirming how staying here a week is dangerous, Afina couldn't be happier! Upon reaching the lake she promptly grabs her things and dives in, quickly swimming to the bottom and into the silver sea!
[20:23] <Jaela> "Made it!" Jaela cheers, before taking the time to remove her armor. If the portal is no longer there, she would need to be able to actually swim. Once done, however, she gets into the waters as well.
[20:23] <Willim> Having not liked this place since the mud incident, Willim dives in without a word, heading for the portal out of this crazy place.
[20:24] * Ithea also dives into the water, heading for the portal and back towards the astral plane!
[20:29] <Kozzz> In the party dives! The portal awaits, flowing through it! THere is a sensation of pausing. Everything grows still within you as you step into the Astral Plane. The air is moving but sterile, a stilness to everything that permeates your very being. Thus you swim up for air! As you break through the lake's surface, the party can notice it's not alone. Docked next to the oasis is a grand astral
[20:29] <Kozzz> ship! Near the edge of the lake are about a dozen tall, blue skinned humanoids, resting and talking with each other.
[20:31] <Jaela> "Hey," Jaela greets them, the last to emerge from the lake. "Is that your ship?"
[20:34] <Kozzz> One of the blue skinned creatures rises. It wears blue clothing with strange, stylized pointed headgear. In flawless Common, "As a matter of fact, it is. Vivicain, owner of the Sea Dragon and the Sea Dragon Group." Standing at the shore near the party, "You look like discerning travelers of the Silver Sea. Perhaps I can interest you in some goods?"
[20:34] <Afina> "No money," Afina responds curtly, drying herself off as she floats above the oasis.
[20:36] <Willim> Willim lumbers up to the blue man. "You have meat?"
[20:36] <Ithea> "What kind of goods?" Ithea asks curiously, even though she's low on funds.
[20:37] <Kozzz> "All sorts of Astral luxuries, as well as magical goods and items. Almost anything you could imagine. Also, if your looting has gone well, we buy too," Clapping his hands together, "I'm sure we can do some business, and of course we have meat!"
[20:38] * Willim nods. "Want meat. What kind?"
[20:38] <Afina> Afina shrugs and digs out the cone of cold scroll that's pretty much useless to them. "Anything interesting for this?"
[20:40] * Jaela doesn't really want to buy or sell anything, but since Astral has been so good for them, information-wise, she decides to ask, "Know any recent news of Lifasa? Or any concrete knowledge of survivors with fighting spirits?"
[20:42] <Kozzz> "Beef, mutton, chicken, wolf," Ticking off long, spindly fingers, Vivicain comes over and examines the scroll. "I'll give you a thousand gold for it," he announces after an inspection, "Lifasa? I'm afraid not, we've been out of the information loop; we're just coming off long, isolated negotiations."
[20:44] <Willim> "Four pounds beef, two pounds chicken and wolf. How much?"
[20:44] <Kozzz> "30 gold," Vivicain answers, "You understand that goods are most expensive on the Astral, of course."
[20:45] * Willim counts out the coins, mumbling numbers to himself.
[20:45] <Afina> "I'll take it," Afina decides. "Jaela, Ithea, you two paid the most to that sage so you can have five hundred each from this?" she asks the angel and catgirl.
[20:47] * Ithea nods in thanks to Afina. "What about you though? You paid nearly as much as us?" she asks, though she won't protest the money either once it's handed over.
[20:48] <Jaela> "Sure," Jaela agrees with a shrug. "I won't need to work for food and a place to stay for a while. You have enough to get by?"
[20:48] <Kozzz> "Mmmm," Adrian makes a generally agreeing noise, gaze a bit glassy and staring off at nothing.
[20:49] <Kozzz> The scroll and money is exchange for money and meat without incident. "Ah thank you," Vivicain says cheerfully, "A pleasure doing business with all of you."
[20:49] <Afina> "Still less, this makes us even," Afina tells Ithea, nodding Jaela after. "Nature provides."
[20:49] * Willim stuffs the meat into his pack and lumbers off.
[20:50] * Jaela snorts. "I guess it does." She puts her armor back on, now reasonably dry, and finds herself ready to proceed.
[20:52] <Kozzz> roll 2d6
[20:52] * Hatbot --> "Kozzz rolls 2d6 and gets 5." [2d6=2, 3]
[20:52] <Kozzz> roll 1d100
[20:53] * Hatbot --> "Kozzz rolls 1d100 and gets 69." [1d100=69]
[20:56] <Kozzz> You travel ahead in the Silver Sea. Throughout the trip Adrian is withdrawn, often staring off at nothing at all. After proceeding for a 'time', you pass by something of note. A tall cathedral floats in the Silver Sea, made of charcoal black stone. Stained glass windows decorate all about, pretty images of women shown.
[20:56] <Jaela> "Adrian?"
[20:57] <Afina> "Our last detour here went well," Afina points out, floating towards the door. "Lets have a look?"
[20:57] * Willim shrugs, nodding. "As long as no more bad mud."
[20:58] <Jaela> "Before that," Jaela calls, floating towards Adrian and placing her hand on his shoulder to gain his attention. "Give me that key?"
[20:58] <Kozzz> "...hm?" Adrian blink-blinks again, shaking his head. "Wow." He looks around, "Urgh. The key's talking to me," He manages at last, holding it up.
[20:58] <Jaela> "Figured," Jaela deadpans, taking it. "We want you sane and consious for all of this."
[21:01] <Kozzz> As Jaela takes the key...OOC: Make a will save?
[21:01] <Kozzz> Meanwhile Afina goes to take a look. There's simple doors that lead inside, if she's so inclined.
[21:01] <Jaela> roll 1d20+26
[21:01] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+26 and gets 39." [1d20=13]
[21:02] <Kozzz> A gentle stream of words echos in Jaela's mind! It's incredibly distracting...but her will is strong. She shuts the words out, a resonation within her.
[21:02] <Afina> Afina opens up the closest door and floats inside!
[21:02] * Jaela makes the key disappear into her gauntlet before following. For all she knows, the key would tell them where to go to find Medicant, but this is not the time for a chat.
[21:06] <Kozzz> Within you find yourselves in a hall, an archway ahead leading further in. Here statues of beautiful, unclad women decorate the hall. They are decorated about, in various alluring positions.  Besides the archway ahead, there's a door on the left wall, nondescript and easy to miss.
[21:07] <Jaela> "Oh, great," Jaela mutters, looking about. "Now Adrian will go back to that glassy-eyed zombie act."
[21:08] * Willim looks around. "Uhhh...why statue ladies naked?"
[21:09] <Afina> "Church of some pleasure goddess?" Afina suggests with a shrug, both ignorant and uncaring of the deities. She floats around, looking for anything hidden away amidst the statues before going through the door.
[21:09] <Afina> roll 1d20+22 search
[21:09] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+22 search and gets 34." [1d20=12]
[21:10] <Jaela> roll 1d20+19 I know my religions!
[21:10] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+19 I know my religions! and gets 31." [1d20=12]
[21:13] <Kozzz> Adrian gives Jaela a look, whilst Afina searches and finds something! One of the statues looks like it can be pushed, a subtle groove to move it.
[21:14] <Jaela> "In a cathedral filled with naked women, you look at me?" Jaela raises her visible eyebrow. "I'm flattered, in a way."
[21:14] <Afina> "Jaela, can you push this statue?" Afina asks the angel, since she's a lot bigger and stronger. "It's set in a groove."
[21:14] * Willim snorts.
[21:14] <Kozzz> "I'm not into statues," Adrian retorts, "These," Tapping one right on the chest, "It's nothing but cold stone."
[21:15] <Jaela> With a shrug, Jaela heads to help Afina. Getting a good grip on the statue, she braces herself and gives it that much-needed push!
[21:15] * Willim goes up to the statue and gives it a mighty push!
[21:15] <Afina> "Maybe they're beautiful princesses petrified by a medusa's curse?" Afina suggests, before abruptly zipping away as Willim manhandles the statue.
[21:15] <Kozzz> The statue is pushed! It settles ahead a few feet and sinks into the end of the groove! The nondescript door to the left smoothly opens up once the statue settles.
[21:16] <Afina> "Hmm. Well, if it's a secret I want to look there more than the big door," Afina declares, floating towards the newly opened door.
[21:16] * Jaela looks at Willim awkwardly, before sliding away. That's way more pushing than that statue needed. Besides, there is an open door now to explore, and explore it she goes!
[21:16] * Ithea follows after Afina, curious to see what secrets this place holds!
[21:17] * Willim ignores the look and walks into the door as well.
[21:19] <Kozzz> "Sounds logic," Adrian agrees, following. Past the door lies a short hallway, leading to another room. Here are soft silken couches and beds, everything painted pink. Piles of pillows are about, a faint scent of perfume in the air. On one of the couches sits a sheet of paper, pinned into it with a dagger. Past this, a door to the right leads further along.
[21:20] <Jaela> The note is there to be read, is it not? Jaela obliges.
[21:20] <Afina> While Jaela reads, Afina searches every nook and cranny for anything hidden!
[21:21] <Afina> roll 1d20+22 more searching
[21:21] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+22 more searching and gets 36." [1d20=14]
[21:22] <Kozzz> Vill: I couldn't bear it any longer, I want to see Meila before she dies.
[21:23] * Jaela scoffs and takes a look past the door to the right.
[21:24] <Kozzz> Searching about, Afina finds a little cubbyhole hidden by a pile of pillows. A book rests here, as well as a silvery medallion with an inlaid gauntlet symbol.
[21:25] * Afina hands off the medallion for someone else to examine and proceeds to speed-read the book!
[21:25] <Kozzz> The door leads to a long hallway, ill-lit.  Occasional pools of dim silvery light come in from stained glass windows, but none else. It goes on a loooong ways until it makes a turn to the side.
[21:25] <Kozzz> OOC: Any ranks in K:R, Afina?
[21:25] <Afina> OOC: none!
[21:25] * Jaela decides to take a look around with Detect Magic, since Afina seems preoccupied.
[21:26] <Kozzz> OOC: Make an untrained int check?
[21:26] <Afina> roll 1d20+4
[21:26] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+4 and gets 7." [1d20=3]
[21:26] <Kozzz> Afina reads. It looks to be a book of scripture to Torm, the Loyal Fury. It's written in archaic style.
[21:27] <Afina> "It's all about one of your old gods," Afina lets the book float free for anyone who cares.
[21:28] <Jaela> "Seems pretty clear," Jaela voices. "Place's only got abjuration, too, so it's not immediately horrible. Wanna continue?" She picks the book out of curiousity, to have something to read later on.
[21:29] <Afina> Nodding in agreement, Afina starts to float down the long corridor.
[21:30] <Ithea> roll d20+17
[21:30] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+17 and gets 23." [d20=6]
[21:33] * Ithea yawns as the others keep looking around the little hidden room and such. She'd expected something exciting to happen, maybe find some cultists! But so far it was pretty dull...maybe the other way might have something more exciting? Ithea starts doubling back to the room with the statues, deciding that there's sure to be something more exciting that way.
[21:33] * Willim looks bored.
[21:34] <Kozzz> On the party goes, down the hall, minus Ithea. It goes on a goodly ways, turning and continuing on. More windows, more hall, another turn after a long walk.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

#t

[21:36] <Kozzz> You return to the hallway of lewd statues! The archway is ahead, awaiting Ithea.
[21:38] * Ithea heads towards the archway, seeking out it's hopefully more interesting secrets than the secret room.
[21:39] <Kozzz> Within the next room is a great cathedral proper. The room is empty save for the center, where a great altar rests. An altar of pure white stone, with a few black streaks of color running through it. Resting on the altar is the most gorgeous woman Ithea has ever seen. She is perfect - pure white skin, long blonde hair, beautiful curvy figure, ample bosom and more. She wears naught, save for one thing. A glowing sword is plunged through her heart. Yet she does not bleed, simply lying there. 'Help...me...' A voice whispers to Ithea.
[21:48] * Ithea frowns as she looks at the woman....statue, or whatever she is? Hesitantly, she moves closer to her, using detect magic to try and analyze the sword and woman, trying to figure out what's going on...this was certainly more interesting than the other rooms, at least.
[21:49] <Kozzz> She definintely looks unstatue-like. The sword radiates strong magic, notably. In Ithea's mind, 'Help me...' she calls again, 'I'm in such pain, help me!' OOC: Make a will save again, Ithea.
[21:51] <Ithea> roll d20+17
[21:51] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+17 and gets 36." [d20=19]
[21:56] * Ithea recoils back and hisses at the statue. "No, I don't think so!" she says, eyeing the statue with a frown. Turning on her heel, she runs off to find one of the others. She's still curious about the sword, and wouldn't mind finding out what just happened...but there's some safety in numbers. And she didn't want to risk whatever just got into her head getting in there again, or that of one of the others.
[21:57] <Kozzz> 'I'll give you anything!' The voice pleads, a beautiful, achingly feminine call. 'Money, power, love, life!'
[21:59] <Ithea> "Should have tried that before messing with my head, whatever you are!" Ithea exclaims outloud as she exits the room. "I don't like that! And the only thing that I'm interested in, is seeing my home free..." '...and I doubt you've got the power to do that.' she thinks the last part with a deepening frown.
[20:13] <Kotono> 'I can give you power to do whatever you want!' The voice pleads, 'Great, immortal power! Just come back and I'll tell you everything.'
[20:21] * Ithea ignores the voice, speeding off to find her companions. Maybe there -was- a reason for releasing the imprisoned voice, but she wasn't going to trust it not to try and bewitch her again if she stuck around now. She might come back and listen with the others, but she wasn't going to stick around right now.

Corwin

#d

[21:35] * Willim looks out a window, wondering if there's anything else other than blank, boring halls here.
[21:36] * Afina goes around the bend, sure Ithea can look after herself. The place seems abandoned anyway.
[21:36] <Kozzz> On and on to another turn! At last this leads to a stairway going up.
[21:37] <Afina> Why do people keep making places with stairs in the astral plane? "Do you think this place was transplanted from the real world?" she asks Jaela as she starts floating upwards.
[21:38] <Jaela> "Most things seem to be," Jaela agrees. "At the very least, someone who's not native to Astral built it. That much's clear."
[21:40] <Kozzz> "Old habits die hard," Adrian agrees as youfloat on up, "If you're building something here you may just put them in out of habit." He actually smiles at this, "It drives me crazy, too."
[21:41] * Willim climbs the steps anyway, hoping there is at least something interesting at the end.
[21:41] <Jaela> "The whole bit with the endless hallway of nothingness is the weird part, really."
[21:42] <Afina> "It's wasteful," Afina nods decisively. "The hall not so much, it's probably working around more important rooms and using what space it can - this is the secret part, after all."
[21:44] <Kozzz> This stairway leads up and up and up! It's a goodly float up until you come to the top. Herein you find an armory! Weapons and armor are stacked up and racked up. Many of the armors and weapons bear the symbol of a gauntlet on them. In the back of the room is an open sink, full of water.
[21:45] <Jaela> Detect Magic comes out once more to shine!
[21:46] <Afina> There's unlikely to be any pixie sized weaponry, but Afina takes a look nonetheless...
[21:47] <Kozzz> Just as Jaela begins to chant and Afina looks about, there is a soft pop in the air! Before you floats a lantern archon, "Hello there, Master of the Cathedral!" It chirps, looking towards Jaela after a moment of confusion, "You are the current master, aren't you?"
[21:48] <Jaela> "I could be," Jaela says with a shrug, asking back, "What's the requirement to be one?"
[21:48] * Willim blinks in surprise at the floating ball of light.
[21:49] * Afina goes for her sword at that sudden pop, regarding the ball of light warily. She doesn't draw it yet, but keeps a hand on the hilt just in case...
[21:50] <Kozzz> "Appointment by the clergy of the Loyal Fury," The archon bobs up and down, "The old master is gone? You don't really look like..." He gives Jaela another look, it's voice becoming troubled.
[21:51] <Afina> "She is the new master," Afina declares quickly, floating up alongside Jaela. "Tell us the cathedral's current status?"
[21:51] * Jaela shrugs again, casting her spell while Afina talks to the archon. She'll ask how one gets appointed afterwards.
[21:52] <Kozzz> OOC: Make a bluff check, Afina.
[21:52] <Afina> roll 1d20+10 I have no social skills but lots of charisma
[21:52] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+10 I have no social skills but lots of charisma and gets 12." [1d20=2]
[21:52] <Kozzz> The normal abjuration is here. The pool of water in the back radiates magic as well.
[21:52] <Kozzz> roll 1d20+4
[21:52] * Hatbot --> "Kozzz rolls 1d20+4 and gets 23." [1d20=19]
[21:53] <Jaela> "Hey, was the old master Vill?" Jaela wonders out loud. "Meila, maybe?"
[21:53] <Kozzz> "Your LYING!" The little orb gasps, "Lying is horrible! You'll end up in the Abyss if you do that!" The orb flies over to Afina, glowering, "BAD! You don't wnat to go to the Abyss, do you?!"
[21:55] <Afina> "Of course not," Afina scoffs. "I won't end up in any of your strange outer realms. But it doesn't matter - if there was a clergy of the loyal fury, they were all wiped out when devils conquered Lifasa. Jaela is the best you're going to get, so you should just accept her."
[21:56] * Willim eyes the confrontation between the little fairy and the ball of light. "Uhhhh..."
[21:56] <Jaela> "Listen, you're kinda in a jam," Jaela tells the little orb of light. "I wouldn't lie about something like this, you can check with zone of truth or whichever. The Loyal Fury's pretty much gone like Afina said, and has been for ages. I'm pretty sure there's no more clergy of him remaining, so if you want a new master you need to compromise."
[21:56] <Kozzz> "Just stay back," Adrian murmurs, stepping back himself. "This sounds like a religious fight. No sane man gets involved in one of those that doesn't concern him."
[21:57] * Willim nods slowly, finding himself agreeing.

Corwin

#d

[20:08] <Kotono> The orb floats around Jaela, "No! Uh uh! You're lying again, I bet!" The little orb bounces up and down, "No one could beat Torm! He's the bestest!"
[20:09] <Jaela> "Hey, I never lied in the first place!" Jaela snaps. "He beat himself, alright? His trusted Zariel betrayed him and he just lost it and fell into the Abyss. That's how you get there, and not from lying."
[20:10] <Afina> "Even if Torm is fine, his church is beaten," Afina says, not particularly caring about its status on other realms beyond Lifasa. "Look, Jaela is an angel, this is a church. Seems a perfect fit to me."
[20:12] <Kotono> roll 1d20+4
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 and gets 17." [1d20=13]
[20:12] <Kotono> The orb stares at Jaela and Afina for several moments before it vanishes, "N-no! You're wrong! I'll go and prove it!" It's voice echos after, leaving the party alone.
[20:13] * Jaela shrugs. "Poor thing's gonna get his heart broken."
[20:14] <Afina> "Pity it couldn't tell us about this place, but we can find out on our own," Afina replies, going back to her original plan of checking if the armoury holds any good pixie sized weaponry.
[20:14] <Kotono> "Perhaps the heartbreak will motivate it?" Adrian shrugs, "If he's abandoned all this, that means all of this..." He looks about, "Is any of it enchanted? More funds could be useful on our way to Medicant, especially after that sage."
[20:15] <Jaela> "Pool's all magical," Jaela says, approaching it to take a look.
[20:15] <Kotono> Most of the weaponry is medium sized. However, there are a few large and small sized weapons. Several spears, a few swords, a couple of daggers and a mace.
[20:16] <Jaela> roll 1d20+21
[20:16] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+21 and gets 28." [1d20=7]
[20:17] * Afina casts detect magic herself, checking now if anything is enchanted.
[20:18] * Jaela raises an eyebrow. "Wow, nice pool!"
[20:18] <Afina> "Weapons aren't," the fair states, now taking a look around for any hidden surprises...
[20:18] <Afina> roll 1d20+22 search
[20:18] * Hatbot --> "Afina rolls 1d20+22 search and gets 23." [1d20=1]
[20:18] <Kotono> "Hm?" Adrian approaches it and looks down, "What is it, holy water?"
[20:18] <Kotono> Afina searches around! Her search doesnt' reveal anything interesting.
[20:19] * Jaela nods to both of them before elaborating. "It supercharges weapons, so it's pretty perfect if you have to defend the cathedral. And if you actually drain all that magic, you can turn a weapon holy for good. If the little guy doesn't return I think I'll do just that."
[20:20] <Kotono> "A holy weapon is supremely useful against a devil," Adrian agrees, going to examine some of the various armaments, "What weapon should we enhance?"
[20:22] <Afina> "I was given this sword when the devils attacked Lifasa," Afina agrees, holding out her small silver blade. "I'd never used it before, but it's been very good at hurting them, even if it wasn't so good when we fought Galariel."
[20:22] <Jaela> "Wish I still had my adamant--" Jaela shakes her head. "Whatever. I have a silver sword, too, and a ghost-slaying bow. Either's a decent enough pick."
[20:22] <Kotono> As the party talks, a scream echos! As if the entire cathedral just howled in loss, fury and despair!
[20:24] <Jaela> "The hell?!"
[20:24] <Afina> Afina jerks, looking around. "Was that Ithea?"
[20:24] <Kotono> "Shit." Adrian casually draws his glowing blade, "Sounds like something is going to need subduing or killing, eh?"
[20:25] <Afina> "Lets go back the way we came," Afina casts haste on the group as a matter of course and zips down the stairs!

Corwin

[20:25] <Kotono> As the party races down the stairs, they find Ithea coming their way towards the stairs!
[20:25] <Jaela> "What did you do?"
[20:25] <Afina> "Not Ithea... where were you, anyway?"
[20:29] <Ithea> "I didn't do anything! Some...statue got into my head or something. It wanted me to free it, but I cleared my head right before I did it, and I stopped...it wasn't very happy after that," Ithea says, a little disturbed by the scream as well.
[20:31] <Afina> "It's a dead end up there, lets look around elsewhere, then?" Afina suggests, starting back along the long corridor at a quick hustle. "Maybe it was the ball of light?"
[20:32] * Jaela winces. "That's a lot of rage."
[20:34] <Kotono> "Too much," Adrian murmurs as you race back! The way back to the room of statues goes without incident. There is only one other way - past the archway, where Ithea went. You don't immediately see any other passages.
[20:34] <Ithea> "Ball of light?" Ithea asks.
[20:35] <Afina> Since none of the statues here are getting into her head, Afina goes through the archway.
[20:35] <Jaela> "He's thinking about making me the cathedral's owner," Jaela helpfully explains, deciding to see what lies past the archway.
[20:38] <Kotono> Within the next room is a great cathedral proper. The room is empty save for the center, where a great altar rests. An altar of pure white stone, with a few black streaks of color running through it. Resting on the altar is the most gorgeous woman any of you have ever seen. She is perfect - pure white skin, long blonde hair, beautiful curvy figure, ample bosom and more. She wears naught, save
[20:38] <Kotono> for one thing. A glowing sword is plunged through her heart. Yet she does not bleed, simply lying there. In a voice that whispers within your minds, 'You came back...help me...! Please!'
[20:38] <Jaela> "How do I help you?" Jaela asks, approaching the altar. "Just pull the sword out?"
[20:39] <Afina> "Did the ball of light put you here?" Afina asks in surprise as she floats along with Jaela. It seemed to harmless!
[20:39] * Ithea raises an eyebrow. "Err, okay, congrats?" she mutters before looking at the statue again. "I still don't trust you..." Ithea mutters at the statue, even though the sad voice is tugging at her guilt somewhat.
[20:41] <Kotono> 'Just remove it...' the voice pants in your minds, 'You can keep it, it will surely sell for a small fortune...!'
[20:42] <Kotono> "One question," Adrian looks on, "This was run by Torm's church, and he was one of the good guys. So it follows that someone stuck here isn't going to be all rainbows and sunshine, right?" Glancing over at Jaela, "You aren't thinking of doing it, are you?"
[20:43] <Jaela> "Sure I am," Jaela responds. "It's all kinds of dickish to trap a sentient for all of time. Hell, there's no one left to free her!" She glances down at the woman. "You're not a devil, are you?"
[20:44] <Kotono> 'No! I'm not a devil!' The woman's voice pleads, choking pain filling every mental word. 'I'll grant you money, power, life, magic...whatever you want! Just end my suffering and free me! I can't take any more pain!'
[20:44] <Ithea> "It's all kinds of dickish to try an manipulate someone's mind too! Losing control of yourself isn't fun!" Ithea exclaims with a huff, crossing her arms as she looks at the impaled woman. "What'd you do to end up impaled anyway? Who are you?"
[20:45] <Afina> "I agree," Afina seconds. "And if she is powerful enough for them to consider her a threat, she could be useful. Let her go and then we can hear her tale."
[20:45] <Jaela> "I'll do it," Jaela volunteers, reaching for the hilt. "Stand back." And after giving everyone a moment to draw to a safer distance, she attempts to pull the sword out of woman and altar both.
[20:47] <Ithea> "...you're kind of too trusting, don't you think?"
[20:47] <Kotono> "Yes, but-" Adrian can't get anything else out as the sword is withdrawn! A deep, ominous bell tolls, echoing in the cathedral around you! The woman's body glows blood-red, rising up! The bloodless wound in her stomach closes instantly as she flies up into the air, standing over the altar. Clothing garbs her - two red bits of leather above and one below to keep her modesty. Her blonde hair flies
[20:47] <Kotono> freely about, as if buffeted in a wind. She smiles, long, pointed fangs prominent. "Finally...finally free!" Her laugh echos about, face twisting in maniac glee.
[20:49] <Jaela> "So who are you and what's your story?" Jaela asks her, glancing briefly at the sword in her hand before returning her attention to the blonde.
[20:49] <Afina> Well, she certainly looks like she'd fit in with those erinyes Afina's seen too much of. But like she said, she could be useful anyway.
[20:51] <Kotono> "Oh, worry not of me," The woman floats in the air, slowly descending. She lands behind the stone altar she rested on, palms on it as she leans forward. She licks her lips, eyes tinging red. "I promised you a reward, did I not? What would you like? I have caches of wealth that can be yours. Magic, perhaps, great tomes of sorcery? Immortal life neverending," She licks her lips again at that,
[20:51] <Kotono> "Pleasures of the flesh? A kingdom conquered to rule or noble station? Tell me what is your heart's desires."
[20:51] <Afina> "Forget conquering a kingdom, we're interested in a world," Afina smirks, seeing the woman is talking her language after all.
[20:52] <Kotono> The woman smirks back, a rich, thrilling laughter filling the air. "A world! Such ambition, fey! So refreshing from your type!" Casting her head back to laugh and then looking right at Afina, "Mortal rulers are easily subdued. 'tis child's play to overthrow them and establish an empire."
[20:52] * Ithea looks a bit surprised that the woman seems willing to actually honor her word, given she wasn't above manipulating her before. As Jaela and Afina were the ones to actually want to free her though, she leaves the talking to them. It's not like they don't all want Lifasa's freedom anyway.
[20:53] <Jaela> "Mortal rulers?" Jaela scoffs. "It's devils. We want them off Lifasa for good," Jaela adds firmly. "If you're honest about wanting to pay us back, take them on with us."
[20:53] <Kotono> "What of immortal rulers? What of the baatezu?" Adrian rumbles, "The fiends of Baator."
[20:54] <Kotono> "You want to oppose," A long lick of her lips againa she hops forward, going to sit on the altar. She leans forward, reaching out to caress Jaela's cheek. "The devils? My, is it a conqurered world or do you seek to rule in Hell? You have the blood of an angel...oh, I see. A fallen angel stands before me?"
[20:56] <Jaela> "Hmph. Do I look like those harpies? Lifasa is a conquered world. They did it with overwhelming force. But that just means it can be done, if we find stronger allies."
[20:56] <Afina> "Our world - Lifasa - was conquered by devils several years ago in a single day," Afina explains. "The right hand of Bel, Abigor, lead their forces in the battle to claim it in his master's name."
[21:00] <Kotono> Again she shifts. This time her eyes turn gold, blonde hair spilling over one of them. She leans forward, a shoulderless black dress forming over her body. "Then," she breathes, reaching out for Afina, "We shall take Lifasa. It's been millenia since I've been able to move, it 'twill be a fine way to shake the rust off. Mmmm," Casting her gaze about them, "The simplest way to gain immediate power
[21:00] <Kotono> is to be embraced by my promise of eternal life. Do any of you crave this power so that you may better free Lifasa?"
[21:03] <Afina> "I am a fairy," Afina responds simply, considering her own particular immortality far superior. Under normal circumstances an undead being would be a perverse abomination to be shunned, but for Lifasa she'll ally with worse.
[21:03] <Jaela> "I have no need for eternity," Jaela responds with a firm shake of her head. "Especially if it is one that would not let me to pass on, even when impaled by a sword through the heart."
[21:04] <Kotono> Adrian shakes his head, "I already have the blood of hags running through my veins. I need not more things that scare children."
[21:04] <Kotono> Chuckling, and giving Adrian a look, "You're a hagblooded? You?" Her voice rises with mirth, "Surely you jest! That rugged jaw, that dark hair and brooding gaze? You are the exact opposite of a hagspawn!"
[21:04] <Ithea> "I'll pass," is all Ithea says on the matter.
[21:05] <Jaela> "I am Jaela," she finally decides to introduce yourself. "And you are?"
[21:06] <Kotono> That draws a smirk out, "I take after my father." Brushing his bangs out of his eyes, "Adrian Barnan."
[21:06] <Afina> "Afina Gloaminggloom," the pixie adds.
[21:07] <Kotono> "Annalise," The world is drawn out, as if being caressed and licked. "Don't shorten it to Anna. I so find that intolerable."
[21:07] <Jaela> "Charmed."
[21:08] <Afina> "How did you end up here, Annalise?" Afina asks, idly glancing for any other paths out of this hall than the way they came in.
[21:09] <Jaela> As Afina asks her question, Jaela draws back to not appear threatening to Annalise and studies the avenger she drew out of her.
[21:09] <Kotono> There are no others that you see. "I ended up on the wrongside of a disagreement with a lover." She admits it as she sits back now, "He did not take my embrace well." Her face becomes stormy, "He asked for and gained eternal life, only to repent and denounce me as a monster, before plunging his blade into me."
[21:10] <Jaela> roll 1d20+21
[21:10] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+21 and gets 27." [1d20=6]
[21:11] <Afina> "Vill or Meila?" Afina guesses, refocusing her attention on the vampire.
[21:12] <Kotono> "Hm?" A shake of her head, "No. His name was Horatio, though he is surely long since dust in the wind." Now rising and stretching, "Mmmmmm. So what are your plans for saving your precious Lifasa?"
[21:14] <Afina> "We are going to the Deep Ethereal to find a lost fortress of immense power," Afina tells her. Adrian can explain more if he chooses since it's his idea.
[21:14] <Jaela> "We might actually have a shot at it," Jaela adds, storing the avenger away for the time being. "It seems we've come closer than any have in the past."
[21:15] <Kotono> "Medicant," Adrian continues, "We have the means to revive it, we must now but locate it ourselves. Once we have that, we have the beginning of the means to defeat Baator."
[21:16] <Jaela> "It's not just the fortress itself. It serves as a symbol. Already, people pledged themselves to our cause if we gained it. Manpower, knowledge, allies, information. We can seize it all in one strike."
[21:16] <Kotono> "Well then," Tossing her hair and floating forward, "No time to pursue that like the present. When do we leave, hm?"
[21:17] <Jaela> "After a few hours." Jaela shakes her head. "And how weird is it to say that on Astral? I want to restore the sword."
[21:17] <Afina> "Doesn't seem to be much to this cathedral. Want to use that pool in the armoury and then we can go, Jaela?" Afina suggests.
[21:17] * Jaela nods at Afina. "That's what I was thinking of doing."
[21:19] <Kotono> "What about the rest of the weapons? If we can transport them, they'd be worth some money," Adrian points out.
[21:19] <Jaela> "I'm not looting Torm's church," Jaela respnds with a shake of her head. "Unless the kid guarding it hands the place over to me, it all stays here."
[21:20] <Afina> "Too bulky to carry. Can come back later at worst," Afina shrugs.
[21:22] <Kotono> A 'time' passes, as much as it ever does on the Astral. The party ends up in the room of couches and pillows, waiting. Adrian is drowsing in ap ile of pillows, back propped up against them. Annalise is floating about, seeming to simply relish the movement, whilst Willim gnaws on some of his purchased meat.  As this happens, there is a soft pop in the air! A lantern archon appears, "It's impossible,
[21:22] <Kotono> but you're right!" Jaela finds it right in her face, its voice nothing but desparing sobs, "Celestia's mercy, it's all true!"
[21:24] <Jaela> "Sorry, kid," she tells the ageless archon. "I think us here are about the only ones in the universe who get what you're going through."
[21:25] <Afina> "The Gods are flawed?" Afina asks, vaguely interested. It's vindication of the fey mindset, and rare to see a mortal far less an outsider admit to it.
[21:27] <Jaela> "If you forget what you stand for, it's all over," Jaela affirms. "No one's safe from that."
[21:27] <Kotono> "Too bad," Annalise flies over, "I could have told you that. That boor supported what happened to me, and I didn't deserve it!" With a snort, she reaches out to pat the lantern archon. "There, there. I'm sure the death of your precious innocent illusions will do you some good."
[21:28] <Kotono> "It's...!" A full stop as the archon's light dims into itself, before exploding out in radiance! "The Whore is loose! The Whore of Death is loose!" In a voice equal parts terror and fury the lantern archon glows bright, "This cannot be! This must not be!"
[21:29] <Kotono> Adrian stirs from his nap, rubbing his eyes and looking on. That's all he does, watching for now.
[21:29] * Jaela brushes Annalise's hand away from the archon in annoyance. "Well, it is. Got any plans for what you're gonna do now? Go home? Stay here?"
[21:30] <Afina> "Whore of Death?" Afina looks askance at Annalise. "Nice name."
[21:31] <Kotono> Annalise just grins and watches, "So sorry." Glancing back, "You sleep with the Lord of All Vampires and seduce vampirism from him, you get a bad name." With big smirk as she waves a hand, "Let alone if you dare sully some lusty, willing, exciting servant of Torm in a wholly consensual and pleasing relationship."
[21:32] <Kotono> "A-aren't you going to smite her!?" The archon sputters, "She's evil! EVIL!"
[21:32] <Jaela> "Will she die if I smite her?"
[21:32] <Kotono> "I HOPE SO!!!!!" The little archon flies all around Jaela's head, sparks of light cascading from it! "Or at least put her back to sleep or something!"
[21:33] <Afina> "She's also going to help us," Afina shrugs, floating horizontally through the astral. "We have to defeat devils who conquered our world in less than a day. We can't be picky about our allies."
[21:34] <Jaela> "If wishes were fishes...." Jaela shakes her head. "Anyway. She hasn't done anything evil and I bet she's overserved her sentence by an aeon or two. If you want to do something about it, come along and watch her to make sure she doesn't do something sneaky?"
[21:34] <Kotono> OOC: That'll call for a quick diplo check, Jaela.
[21:34] <Jaela> roll 1d20+23
[21:34] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+23 and gets 34." [1d20=11]
[21:35] <Kotono> The poor, glowing sphere of light twitches once more, "If you aren't going to smite her, what sort of champion are you?!" Sputtering again, "F-fine! I can't just abandon my duty and let the Whore walk away! Or fly away, or whatever in the Astral!" Now bobbing about erratically, "I bet your celestial parent is very disappointed in you, though!" It says, right to Jaela.
[21:37] * Ithea snickers a bit under her breath as the poor ball of light tries to admonish Jaela.
[21:37] <Jaela> "What, Mom? She's dead." She thinks. Well, no reason to dwell on it. "I'm sure she'd be way more disappointed if we left an entire world conquered to devils because we were picky about who would help us save it."
[21:37] <Kotono> Adrian smothers a soft snicker, shaking his head. "It's not how I'd plan to get allies, but whatever produces results." He sits back, closing his ey es once more.
[21:38] <Kotono> "Urgh!" Flying over to Ithea next, "What about you, cat-creature! Don't you just want to pounce and claw up some horrible vampire whore?! Please?!" Then she darts over to Afina, "Isn't a vampire an offront to the cycle of nature!" Then Willim - which causes the orb to go entirely dim and dart away, hiding behind Jaela's head.
[21:38] <Jaela> "So why does Torm's cathedral have all those naked women statues?" Jaela decides to ask. "It's been bugging me all day now."
[21:38] <Afina> "She is," Afina agrees readily.
[21:41] <Ithea> "I don't much like her, but if she's willing to help free Lifasa, she gets a chance," Ithea says to the little ball of light with a shrug.
[21:41] <Kotono> "Oh that," Annalise pointedly ignores the terrified lantern archon now, "This was originally a sanctuary I inherited. A cleric of Sharess used to have it, and I liked the statues. Bodies make such amazing art, and the feminine form is so delightfully graceful. Soft curves, warm lips, inviting eyes...such a perfect contrast to a strong, muscled man. Two parts of a greater artistry. The Gods are
[21:41] <Kotono> artists, no other way about it."
[21:41] <Kotono> Going on from that, "But I digress. I was defeated here and they converted it to their own uses, near as I can tell. They never bothered with the statues, I suppose."
[21:43] <Jaela> "I'm fulfilled."