News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Amature/Amusing photography thread

Started by Brian, September 29, 2011, 02:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

I have a Nikon D40 which was the entry-level DSLR from Nikon two years ago. I'd be happy to let you borrow it for a few weeks to give it a test drive.

The only chance in hell you have of getting a good DSLR for $200ish is to buy older used kit, though.

You might want to look into the "Micro 4/3rds" cameras, which are more in the area of $400 new. They're not quite as good as a SLR, but still pretty good, and much smaller.

Brian

Realistically, used may not be the worst option ... that just seems like an awful lot to blow on a camera, when every portable device I use except my gameboy has a camera built in (and if I got a DSi...).

Alright.  If you're up for lending that, I'd love to give it a shot.  Will need to take some pictures of my new apartment anyway.  So, Jon let's chat offline about meeting up on Saturday for lunch; judging by the little reminder at the bottom of the page, I gotta treat you to something anyway.  ;)
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

We're not talking just talking about raw megapixels here. We're talking about how smart the sensor is and how good the lens quality is. My step-father has a D40 and it's still pretty damn good.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Okay, got a hook for my hat and some other stuff.  Happy day~!

(Yes, I stole the drawers from the empty desk next to mine for security:)
Spoiler: ShowHide

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Brian, I took these at the Chicago Botanical Gardens with a Nikon D40 last year. Check them out. My favorites are the bell tower ones. :D

http://imageshack.us/g/833/dsc0052it.jpg/
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Brian

What did I ever do to you guys, anyway?

~exploding tag~

Merc

What, you don't like it? I thought Mami was your favorite magical girl! Well have a snowman of her and stuff! =p

On a different note:

Brian

HAhahaha....

Alright.  I'll try and upload some of the pictures I got from Davenport, trying out the camera Jon lent me tomorrow.

Anyway, on the Mami thing:

She is my favorite character from Madoka.  However ... it's getting kind of old that everyone makes a running gag of trying to piss me off by linking pictures of her decapitated.  In fact ... it's actually starting to work.  Post your Mami picks -- go nuts.  That is absolutely not a problem.

But why do I need to be called out every time?  Cor's a fan of Mami, too, and I don't see him being mocked for it.

Anyway....

I think the hair curls are what impressed me the most about the snow.  That's gotta take some work.

...wish it snowed around here....

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Brian

Warning 1: NSFW adverts.  Update your adblocker.

Warning 2: Here there be spoilers.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/wiki/show?title=mami_mogu_mogu

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on October 18, 2011, 02:31:40 AMBut why do I need to be called out every time?  Cor's a fan of Mami, too, and I don't see him being mocked for it.

People do those sort of things for reactions. You're awesome and charismatic in your way, so your reactions get pursued. If it really bothers you, just studiously ignore it until people give up the ghost.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Merc

Sometimes asking is enough too. First, I usually do stop doing something I know is annoying if I'm asked. Second, I wasn't aware this bugged Brian. I didn't call out anybody when I posted the 'theater ticket' pic for example and Brian's coment -there- implied amusement regarding the topic. I simply figured it might be enjoyed again.

Those are the only two cases where I can honestly recall referencing the decapitation thing so I'd like to assume that this was more a 'broke the camel's back' thing than specifically aimed at me. I probably wouldn't have said anythting on the matter (what does one -say- when being told you're mocking them? 'Sorry?' I'm honestly not since I wasn't trying to), but I felt like clarifying after Ko's post.

Dracos

You're just one of many who teased brian about that.  Anyhow, shall this get back onto amateur photography?

Or do I gotta get out my camera? =D

Cuz I will.  And it'll be horrible.  You guys will totally regret it.
Well, Goodbye.