News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Pre-game discussion: the whens, wheres and whats.

Started by VySaika, September 30, 2011, 05:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VySaika

As the topic says, we have some stuff to cover before game can get moving.

The Whens: most important question. What times are we playing. We have 3 PST peeps and 1 EST peep, so schedualling shouldn't be too much of an issue. As the resident unemployed, I'll go on and say the only days I cannot make are weekends. Friday is not a weekend however, it's still good. What days/times(please state whether you're posting times as EST or PST please) are good for you all? I do want this to be a weekly game, same bat-time, same bat-channel, all that stuff, so make sure it's something you can make reliably.

Note: Drac and Tai know me at least, I will need to take occasional breaks for feeling out of sorts or just needing a change of pace before I go mad. That said, DnD is muuuuuuuch easier for me to bs sessions of then tristat, so unprepared usually won't catch me off guard and I will not need to do so as much as I did during Persona.

The Wheres: This is what I'll be taking care of bit by bit over the weekend and next week. The world you're in, where you're starting, etc. I'll try to have something basic done today, to at least give you a feel for the setting.

The Whats: Character concepts! Prolly will have to wait until I get at least some of the wheres up and running, but basics can be talked out at least. Note: I run with a boatload of houserules, so please do not start thinking "hmm, I want to play this specific kind of build" just yet. Especially because I will be having custom content up, some of it I'm sure you will want to use. I will say that I am planning to start at 4th level gestalt. So you will most certainly not be chumps or normal people at all.

I know alot of this is still more waiting on me, but I wanted to get this up so the Whens could be discussed first.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

Monday to Thursday is usually the days I can most reliably manage a time of 7 to 12 PST.  I can see about others, but might as well put what'd be most convenient first and see if I can make if it doesn't match later.

It'll be a pleasure to play with some new folks =)

Yeah, I like waiting to get a feel for the world before I start concept work on a character.  It's just little fun build spinning without it.  Personality wise though, I tend to go for melee types in case that's relevant.  Cool to hear that it's gestalt.  I've  never played in a gestalt game that actually took off so new experience =D.  I'd guess with only 3 players and gestalt, we probably won't have much trouble with stepping on toes.  This is 3.5 right?  Man, weird having to ask but with 3, 3.5, 4 and pathfinder currently seeing games around figure I should make sure =).
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

All About Monks
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies

Dracos

*nods*  Hum, I hope I'm not the only board talkative one. =)  *encourages to not be shy*

Anyhow, starting to think of Rogue/Monk, but hum.  I think too early =)
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

SUDDENLY flat tire yesterday. So stress and fixing that today. Brainded. Will get stuff up over next week, maybe not this weekend.
All About Monks

firefly23

I swear I'm here, I swear!  Life doesn't like to do things small for me, so I've been super busy.  For me, I'm pretty flexible.  Really only Tuesdays and Thursdays don't work, and I'm a PST'er.

I will forewarn that I'll probably ask a lot of questions.  My foundation is in free form, so if I break the rules,  it really isn't on purpose.  But I'm at least mostly familiar with 3.5, so I won't be totally lost.  :)

Any advice for getting the right IRC program?  Google fails me, mostly because I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Dracos

Hey Firefly, welcome to the boards and the game and nice ta meet cha and all that =)

That seems totally fine to me.  First time really playing with either you or Tai, so just hoping we talk a lot and gel well =)

Assuming windows usage:

I use X-chat ( http://www.silverex.org/news/ ).  It's got some weaknesses, but it also will generally Auto-wrap long lines, so that you rarely get cut off when talking too much.  I find that awesome and haven't felt compelled to switch since.

Mirc (http://www.mirc.com/) is a common shareware option.

There's also Chatzilla, or Mibbits as alternative web-only solutions that can help get you in.  If you have trouble lemme know.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Taishyr

I wasn't aware this was up until today. Sorry!

Re: when, I'm the EST dude. Mon-Thurs works well, I can do most any evening/night time so long as I -know- I'm doing it. (Translation: let's try to keep to a scheduled time, as I tend to get drowsy suddenly). Otherwise, I'm cool with whatevs. (So, as a proposal... either 9:00 PM my time starting, or 11:00? Well aware you guys may want to get home and do stuff before gaming, and I'm going through an insomnia jag so I can try to set my sleep schedule to whatever).

To firefly23: Good to meetcha! I use mIRC, and while in theory it's shareware I haven't paid yet and still use it fine. (I... really need to pay up now that I have a part-time job...) Freeform's fine, while I'm best with some system I tend to try and do strange stuff with the systems so.

I play most anything (thus far have had the evade tank, the "doesn't die ever" dude and basically tactician+orbital nuke mage in notable 3.5 games) so whatever ends up working, I fill in gaps fine. >_>

Dracos

Shall we try to meet at a game appropriate time this week?  Get a chance to chitchat on ideas and stuffs?  Verify 'hey we can all show up' and hash out any problems with that (helping folks get where they need to and all?)
Well, Goodbye.

Taishyr

Sure, we can aim for that. What time (I presume tomorrow night?) do we want to try for this?

VySaika

7PM PST is the best time for me, and for Firefly as well. In #personador, of course.
All About Monks

Dracos

Encouragement for not another night past 8 pm at work?  Fantastic.  Will try to be there timely.
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

Bits about ARMs and Seru posted. No these things are not particularly balanced, nor are they intended to be. Stuff about the actual cultures(and the races/classes/etc) will be posted tomorrow, though i'll be able to give barebones descriptions and such of them tonight.
All About Monks

firefly23

Ok, so if anyone is around, I think I have IRC, using the silvernet thingy, but I don't know if it's working right.  I'm in #personador, I think, but no one else is.  So if I'm just early, great.  And if I'm lost...help!