News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

238.2 Strength of Light

Started by Corwin, April 01, 2012, 12:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[19:47] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> ------(Shotgunner Ko)----
[19:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Gathering at Alicia's, Latha and Antenora are prepared and ready. Neither is disguised this time, waiting to go. "Shall I take us or will your ring suffice?" Latha enquires.
[19:50] <Alicia> "You can get us to Ysgard then I'll teleport us near the mountain?" Alicia suggests, likewise undisguised. Nearby Marie pouts at not being invited, but someone has to look after Hugo and Ysgard isn't really an appropriate place for a child in Alicia's opinion.
[19:51] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "I'll bring you a souviner," Antenora promises with a smile to Marie, growing a little too much. "It'll be something pleasingly chaotic, perhaps."
[19:52] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Of course." Latha steps between Antenora and Alicia, "Give me your hands, please."
06[19:52] * Alicia obligingly takes Latha's, giving Marie and Hugo a little wave before she takes Antenora's to complete the circle.
[19:53] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> At that, reality itself parts ways and bends around the three celestials!
[19:53] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> roll 5d100
06[19:53] * Hatbot --> "Infinite_Ko_Loop rolls 5d100 and gets 287." [5d100=81, 8, 47, 71, 80]
[19:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> You appear standing in a snowbank. Chilly winds blow on you as you stand on a mountain's crag, overlooking a vast fjord. Clear, cool air blows through your hair, bracing your skin.
[19:55] <Alicia> "Okay, I'll teleport us just clear of the mountain then we can fly the rest of the way in?" Alicia suggests, looking up at the sky. "Hopefully we won't catch him in the middle of one of those huge battles, but I suppose we could always join in if that's the case?" she concludes, smiling lightly.
[19:56] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "A fight could be enjoyable," Antenora floats just off the ground, "Until someone loses a leg."
06[19:57] * Alicia winces at that particular memory. "Better it happen here than anywhere else, at least," she nods as she teleports the group to the edge of the caldera.
[19:57] <Alicia> roll 1d100
06[19:57] * Hatbot --> "Alicia rolls 1d100 and gets 92." [1d100=92]
[19:58] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> In a second you appear before the caldera! Ahead of you the mountains stretch up, Antenora taking to wing right away, Latha following.
06[19:59] * Alicia flaps her wings and takes off as well, neither as fast as Latha nor as agile as Antenora, but competent enough in her own right.
[20:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> The three ascend over the tops of the mountains! Below they can see a vast battle raging! Only a few small chunks of land stay afloat, much of the caldera given over to laval floes in the middle. A few hardy souls on the chunks of land fight and shoot arrows, while hordes of flying warriors do battle. This includes courre eladrin, astral devas, magic propelled sorcerers, and so forth. Above all of it, Strength of Light flies, watchin
[20:03] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Above all of it, Strength of Light flies, watching. As Alicia and company approach, he turns with a big cocky smile. "So you're earl...wait no." He breaks into a bigger grin, "Alicia! Antenora! Latha! So is that Esthan dust under some archdevil's armpit already?"
[20:04] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Better. He sits in Celestia's judgment." Antenora smiles widely back, hovering a little above and away from him. "Far better. He won't have a chance to become resurgent in the times ahead."
[20:05] <Alicia> "Hello, Strength of Light," Alicia gives him a smile of her own as she flies up to his height. "He was overcome with surprising speed once we were able to catch him by surprise - I never even took a blow to test my newfound resilience. But it's proved its worth against other opponents, at least."
[20:05] <Alicia> "And you were right about where I was heading, too," she adds, gesturing to her white-feathered new limbs.
[20:07] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "I thought so. When you started showing affinity to silver?" With a cross of his arms as he turns away from the carnage below, "How's it like now that you're not quite so human?"
03[20:07] * Taishyr (~ferixstad@24-247-151-205.dhcp.klmz.mi.charter.com) has joined #dunes
03[20:07] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Taishyr
[20:09] <Alicia> "Flying like this is far more satisfying than floating on magical force alone," Alicia grins as she drops slightly before catching a therma and starting to glide circituously above the battle below. "Beyond that, I'm still very much who I always was. Magic comes easier than before, such is the blessing of Mystra."
[20:10] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora hovers in place, slowly descending down to Strength of Light. "The process isn't quite complete. Mystra speaks of more for Alicia, but in due time."
[20:12] <Alicia> "Life is constant progress," Alicia shrugs. "The journey goes on for all of us as we rise to new challenges. So, has anything exciting happened in your neck of the woods, besides the constant battles?" she asks conversationally.
[20:13] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Good for her. And yes, it's all about the journey." Smirking as he looks down, "They're having a fairly good fight down there, but someone's due here in about a half hour to suprise both sides. Besides that, no."
[20:14] <Alicia> "What've you got in mind for the surprise guest?" Alicia asks curiously, eyes scanning the horizon for a moment.
[20:15] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "An old friend." He pauses a moment as he watches an astral deva and a grappling giant man tumble down into the magma. "Big, scaly, breathes all sorts of things that tend to kill you. A dragon."
[20:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "I wonder if Seira just got a chill down her back," Antenora starts to laugh at that, "She's a friend who is very much a dragon-phile, to the point of becoming one."
06[20:18] * Alicia winces at the two taking a lava-dip down below. "I'm familiar with the type," she agrees dryly. "Of course, Seira is more formidable than most real dragons we've encountered, with one or two exceptions."
[20:19] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Laughing to that, "Yes. The battle will be to see if they can defeat it or it'll clear the side before duskfall. My guess is on the dragon, he usually wins."
[20:19] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> OOC: GAh.
[20:20] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Laughing to that, "Yes. The battle will be to see if they can defeat it or it'll clear the side before duskfall. My guess is on the dragon, he usually wins." As he looks down, stepping aside of a long, lazy arrow fired too far up, "If she's around as competent as you, I can believe that."
[20:22] <Alicia> "She styles herself after the reds and her breath is hot enough to roast the bones off a Winterwight," Alicia affirms. "Although Kossuth lent us some aid in that battle, it was as terrible a foe as you'd expect if you've heard the stories of their origin. What sort of dragon is your friend?"
[20:23] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Winterwight...winterwight..." Snapping his fingers, "Sounds familiar. Servants of Auril? But anyway, a giant gold one. Most gold dragons are reserved, but this one fits right in with eladrin. I'd say he has some bronze or brass in him."
[20:26] <Alicia> "Undead monstrosities born of Auril's blood from when she was maimed by Shar," Alicia explains briefly before she goes on, always enjoying an excuse to talk shop about legendary creatures she has firsthand experience with.
[20:26] <Alicia> "I've found that trying to group dragons by colour doesn't work nearly as well as the stories imply. There's a reserved but somewhat pleasant Red one living near our home, then there was that psychotic Silver obsessed with death and disease..."
[20:28] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "It depends. They're not outsiders and made of evil or good or law or chaos. They're living beings. Incredibly powerful ones, but still living beings. So it's not a perfect rule." Strength of Light furrows his brow, "But you know, if we're going to discuss this, why don't we go down and get comfortable in the tents. The dragon knows what to do if I'm busy when he gets here."
[20:30] <Alicia> "If you like," Alicia agrees pleasantly. "We really just came to thank you and let you know Esthan was beaten, but there's no harm in staying a while."
[20:33] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> You soon end up in Strength of Light's tent. The four of you have a piping hot meal in front of you, roast meat and gold and silver fruits. A thick, glowing white mead fills your cups. "To victory," Strength of Light raises his cup up and then takes a deep drink of his glass. Wiping his lips with the back of his arm, "You'll find this very palatable to you now. It's a form of fermented, distilled joy; ambrosia."
[20:33] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> It's a form of fermented, distilled joy; ambrosia."
[20:36] <Alicia> "Who needs barley and hops?" Alicia shakes her head wonderingly as she takes her own mug and swigs from it. Hopefully it won't cause her any trouble like the local fruit did...
[20:37] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> It reallyd oesn't have any taste besides a faint sweetness. However, Alicia finds a smile growing on her face. A peaceful joy fills her body, radiating with a strong, alcoholic hit into her. She relives her most beautiful memories in a moment, bringing light into her. Antenora takes a few sips, eyes going wide. Latha just smiles demurely and drinks her own, almost starting to laugh, but holding herself in check.
[20:37] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> almost starting to laugh, but holding herself in check.
[20:39] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "I would've offered before, but living, impure mortals drinking this isn't such a good idea. It can effect them in all sorts of unanticipated ways." Draining his glass down, "It's like getting drunk on happiness, and there's no feeling of ill in the morning. It's drank in Ysgard in celebration of great victories over evil."
[20:40] <Alicia> Alicia's eyes widen a bit herself, a sappy smile on her lips. "I can see how it could be addictive," she agrees, trying and failing to wipe the grin off her face. "My familiar warned me off staying too long in Elysium for similar reasons. Anyway, I suppose we've had a good enough string of recent victories to deserve this."
[20:41] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora drains down her own glass, laughing. It's a pure, innocent laugh, shaking her from her very core inside. "We have. Oh Mystra, this is incredible."
[20:43] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "We don't ferment it in Celestia, but we do sup on it in ceremonies and celebrations. It bolsters the spirit and wipes away pain. A mortal who drinks too strong a draught may become instantly addicted. For us, it's a balm and a strenghening, nothing more."
[20:43] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Latha puts down her glass about three-quarters empty.
[20:44] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Taking out a golden carafe, Strength of Light refills glasses. "You've earned it. Now then, why don't we eat and you tell us how you kicked Esthan's scaled ass from here to Celestia?"
06[20:46] * Alicia takes another gulp before putting down her mug. "I think I still have one foot in the mortal world, so going easy might be advisable," she laughs a bit. "He sent a lesser devil to attack us," she explains in answer to the question, "Only that devil knew a suicide mission when he saw one, so he offered to instead tell us where we could catch Esthan."
[20:46] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Save a little int hat. Marie should have some. It'll make the perfect souvenir," Antenora starts drinking down her second glass, laughing and smiling wide. Her eyes glitter with happiness, "She can sit on Alicia's head and tell us stories about all she's done for fun in Dweomerheart."
[20:46] <Alicia> "That's a great idea, Antenora!" Alicia nods quickly. "She'd love it. We could give some to Hugo as well."
[20:47] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Ah, diabolical double-crosses." Now grabbing some fruit to eat as he listens, "That's fine, I have more. Just don't let anyone who can't handle it drink any."
[20:48] <Alicia> "Anyway," Alicia nods, returning to the story, "The cornugon told us we could find Esthan in an elven village. We went there in disguise and split up to look for him, since we didn't know if he was already there or would arrive later - we only had a rough time-frame to work with. But Latha and Antenora found him in an inn's common room, using the same human disguise he always used."
[20:50] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Arrogance. So...was it a triple-cross?" LIstening now to Alicia, Strength of Light is mostly quiet besides eating.
06[20:54] * Alicia shakes her head, her smile slipping a bit. "No, he was completely unaware. Unfortunately I must confess I didn't handle what came next perfectly. He was sat at one edge of the room with two elves - I assumed they were unwitting dupes of his, and would likely be hostages in a battle."
[20:54] <Alicia> "So I quickly erected a wall of force to cut him off from his companions and everyone else, while our group teleported in to attack. Esthan was caught completely by surprise and did fall quickly to our combined attack."
[20:54] <Alicia> "Unfortunately his two companions turned out to be disguised gelugon, and murdered several of the inn's patrons before they fled."
[20:55] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora sighs a little at that, drinking more of her ambrosia, getting a refill. Strength of Light murmurs words of Celestial, "Rest them well. Devils have no compunctions for incidental deaths when it suits them...or just to make you feel guilty afterwards."
06[20:56] * Alicia nods, taking another drink that puts a wan smile on her lips. "Esthan loved doing that, yes. No matter what he did, he'd always talk as if it was our fault and not his, for not capitulating to his demands."
[20:57] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Esthan knew how to hurt us too well. Even his own kind." Latha relents and takes another drink of her ambrosia. "The fact that we find pause even in telling the story is a grim testament to him."
[21:00] <Alicia> A deeper swig of the ambrosia puts a brighter smile on Alicia's lips as she concludes, "Of course, he's now enjoying Celestia's finest hospitality, and won't ever be a threat to anyone again," she puts the final stamp on his story.
[21:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Cheers!" After refilling glasses again and draining his own down, Strength of Light sighs contentidly. Outside, you hear a loud roar, which makes him laugh. "Ah, he's here. Good, good. The dragon is here, Esthan's in Celestia and we have plenty of ambrosia. All is right in Ysgard."
[21:02] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora smiles and rocks back and forth, "Putting him in Celestia is a happy enough memory...but it doesn't compare to happier memories I have."
[21:04] <Alicia> "Forgetting about him is the best way we can deal with his legacy," Alicia concludes agreeably. "In the end he was nothing more than an arrogant fiend who for all his pretensions of persuasiveness and powerful magecraft couldn't see through the disloyalty of an underling he tried to send to his death."
02[21:05] * Merc (~k@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[21:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "To that I'll drink to," Latha does so after raising her glass. "I'm going to get drunk if I drink much more. Celestia teaches that drunkeness is wasteful. Yet still, I wish to drink more."
[21:06] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Enjoy it," Strength of Light grins ear to ear, "This isn't Celestia, is it? There's nothing wrong or evil about enjoying yourself."
[21:08] <Alicia> "There's nothing wrong with being sociable," Alicia raises her own glass before drinking. "But it's not so enjoyable if you can't even remember the night before," she concludes sagely.
[21:09] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora starts to blush, but just laughs instead. "Truth. Let's enjoy ourselves and make more memories."
03[21:09] * Merc-zzz (~k@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has joined #dunes
03[21:11] * Merc-zzz is now known as Merc
[21:14] <Alicia> "Mmmhmm," Alicia nods, grinning as she lets silence settle for a moment, listening to the screams and roars of combat from outside. So it's not really silent at all. The thought prompts a giggle as she glances back at the tent-flap, "Certainly sounds like some people are earning some unforgettable memories out there," she laughs.
[21:21] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Happens every day," Strength of Light listens along as well, "Going to be making any of your own this trip ot Ysgard?"
[21:25] <Alicia> "I don't think we'll stay too long," Alicia shakes her head. "As always there's so much to do back home - but we're already overdue on thanking you, since Esthan's defeat," she favours the deva with a smile. "I might look up Syala, though, if she's still around that tree of hers."
[21:25] <Alicia> "I've been lucky no one's insisted on making me compensate them for that, but I've brought a present she might appreciate by way of apology."
[21:26] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "You haven't gotten a geas for it? Hmmm..." Narrowing his eyes as he looks to Alicia, "Curious."
06[21:28] * Alicia looks innocent as only an angel can. "It was an honest mistake," she repeats her story that she's been sticking to the whole time.
[21:34] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Syala...?" Antenora asks after she drinks a little more, breaking into heavy giggling.
[21:35] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Uh huh." Crossing his arms with a smirk, "We'll see about that."
[21:37] <Alicia> "She's the deva I had to fight unarmed for my first lesson," Alicia reminds Antenora. "Complained a lot, hit like hammer, but she was nice," she nods affirmatively with a little laugh.
[21:40] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Ooooh. She sounds fun." Getting yet another refill and drinking from it, "Can we all go?"
[21:42] <Alicia> "Just so long as you stay away from her apples. And her mace," Alicia smirks. "She's very protective of them both."
[21:44] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> That makes STrength of Light giggles profoundly. "She is. It's a shame."
[21:46] <Alicia> "I found it rather endearing, to be honest," Alicia takes a deep drink of her mug and laughs. "You know, if Marie ever became an astral deva, I'd expect her to be a lot like Syala."
[21:48] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Oh Mystra, now I have to see that," Antenora startslaughing uncontrollably, getting out between gales of pure mirthful joy.
[21:49] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "It would be unique," Latha relents after a moment, giving into her own giggles. She gets another refill, "Everything seems so funny and good right now."
[21:51] <Alicia> "Very joyful," Alicia agrees, draining her mug before heaving it down onto the table and pushing it away. "And I probably should stop. I'm feeling entirely too carefree, right now."
[21:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Antenora calms down, sipping away at her mug. "That's the point of drinking it. We're going to be like Marie when she gets in a really good mood. We can flutter around like little courre and play and laugh and..." Antenora devolves into meaningless giggles.
[21:54] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "There's a charm to such innocence. Marie's like a contrary child who's too kind and cute not to love." Latha muses on this, "She compliments Alicia well."
[21:57] <Alicia> "She does grow on you," Alicia nods, before helping out Strength of Light who may be feeling a bit left out. "Marie's my familiar, she's a courre eladrin. She really wanted to come along with us, but someone had to babysit Hugo - he's an angel/yugoloth hybrid we've adopted."
[22:05] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Poor thing. And that's a strange hybrid." Drinking up to that, "I'll clear it up so you can go visit Syala."
[22:06] <Alicia> "The gnomes of our world did some truly twisted things," Alicia makes a face briefly. "There were all sorts of other hybrids down there, and other outsiders kept for experimentation. Most could be released easily enough when we found them - or fought when they only cared for battle. But Hugo has the mind of a child, so needs to be cared for."
[22:07] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "He's an angel in temperament, too. Not a hint of yugoloth evil," Antenora smiles sweetly, "He's such a nice boy."
06[22:09] * Alicia nods proudly. "The gnomes thought he was senseless, but he's coming along leaps and bounds since we got him out of his cage."
[22:10] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "It's easy to make progress." Stretching back now, "You've made a lot of your own." Strength of Light observes.
[22:11] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Of course Alicia has." Antenora clasps Alicia's shoulder with one of her hands, "I bet Alicia was only born a mere human so that she could do good things here while she was. She's so incredibly capable."
[22:14] <Alicia> "I don't really like the word 'mere'," Alicia frowns a little. "I was just as capable before as I am now. And there are plenty of humans who rival me."
02[22:15] * Hatbot (~Hatbot@24.174.51.230) Quit (Broken pipe)
[22:15] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Next you'll be saying Praise Goddess Alicia," Latha snickers and then laughs, "You revere her so much, Antenora." Then looking right to Alicia, "This is important to remember. Pride comes before the fall."
[22:16] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Oh yeah. Sure," Strength of Light shrugs as he drinks and eats more, "I've had my ass kicked by humans before. She's admirable for what she's done and what she does, not just because she's a celestial now."
[22:17] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Blushing and looking down, "Sorry. IT's just that you seem meant for so much more than a mortal life."
[22:19] <Alicia> "I know, Latha," Alicia nods, demeanour turning more serious. "It's easy to become full of myself, so it's something I need to watch for." Turning to Antenora, "Don't worry, I'm not mad. But wasn't it you who said to me once before that mortals shine so much more brightly during our short existences? I might start slowing down, now..."
[22:20] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Maybe so." Antenora is thoughtful as she drinks a little more, "Well then, I just won't let you. Look at how much we've done. If we keep going, we can do so much more. There's no time or chance for slowing down now, isthere?"
[22:20] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Alicia will do what she does, within Mystra's will," Latha chortles, "I wouldn't worry, Antenora."
[22:23] <Alicia> "Just have to do my best, and avoid getting complacent," Alicia nods resolutely. "There's always someone stronger to aim for, after all."
[22:24] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "There is." Slamming down the rest of his drink, "I think you've had enough to drink then. Alicia, come with me for a few minutes," STrenght of Light stands.
[22:25] <Alicia> "Sure!" Alicia bounces to her feet readily, quite cheery and upbeat from her drinking.
[22:28] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Strength of Light leads you outside and away from the raging battle, walking towards the various cave paths. As he does, "I thought you'd like a chance to get away. I remember what happened the last time she got drunk."
[22:32] <Alicia> "I'm sure she's learned her lesson," Alicia glances back at the tent briefly, laughing slightly. "It was rather embarrassing, though."
[22:34] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Oh yes. She thinks the world of you, it's obvious." Laughing along as well, "It was funny as all heavens. You two seem more like best friends, but the way she defers to you...she's definietly thinking like an archon."
[22:37] <Alicia> "I never intended to befriend her from the start, and I can't imagine she expected it either," Alicia shrugs. "But, you spend so much time with someone it's hard not to grow on each other. Or kill each other, and we managed to avoid that."
[22:37] <Alicia> "How's your Molydeus friend, on that note?" she asks with a sly smile.
[22:38] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "I was thinking about that. We argue, we fight and it goes nowhere." With a cast aside look back at the glimpsed carnage, "I'll get through to him one day."
[22:41] <Alicia> "A greater demon surely requires an altogether different approach than a middling devil," Alicia nods sagely. "He probably just enjoys being here for the chance to kill and maim every day."
[22:41] <Alicia> "Back where we found Hugo there was a Molydeus that had escaped its cell, and rather than fleeing home it had simply spent hundreds of years torturing the same dozen or so eladrin that were also held captive there, never getting bored. It's such an unfathomable mindset."
[22:45] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> Leading Alicia up a stone path and into a cave, Strength of Light stops to kick aside a large pebble. It flies against the wall, shattering into dust. "It's the Abyss. Ever been?"
[22:47] <Alicia> "I had the pleasure of Malcanthet's hospitality, once," Alicia snorts, glancing down the cave. "Not leading me to the baths again, are you?" she then asks lightly.
[22:49] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Malcanthet? Ugh. The Abyss, it's like it's alive. It-" A stop there, looking at Alicia with a big old grin. "Oh well, I was going to ask you when we get there, but..." With an appraising eye at Alicia, "We could make some memories?"
[22:56] <Alicia> "Mmmm... I did promise to look you up when I got my wings, didn't I?" Alicia replies thoughtfully, giving said appendages a flutter as she seriously considers it. She'd considered it before, but the teacher/student thing was a handy excuse to do nothing more than consider. He is very strikingly handsome, after all, and fun company - when not inflicting brutal training.
[22:56] <Alicia> "Perhaps we might at that," she accedes, deciding to take a chance and see where this goes. And convincing herself its not the booze talking.
[23:01] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "Perhaps we might," Going to take Alicia's hand into his own, "Everyone was talking about making memories today, after all."
[23:06] <Alicia> At least he's not crushing it like the first time... although she might have a little surprise in store if he tries that again. "So, is that what I'll be?" she asks as they withdraw to a more private place, "A memorable notch on your bedpost?" Inwardly she resolves to treat this the same way - a pleasurable interlude, nothing more.
[23:06] <Alicia> Her last attempt at such had been disastrous, but that was years ago. It's high time she tried again, and she could do far worse for it than Strength of Light. Even if his name is funny.
[23:10] <Infinite_Ko_Loop> "A fun time for both of us," He smiles back, "Good memories. We have eternity, why shouldn't we have a good eternity to remember?" Drawing Alicia closer to him, "We all had a good time drinking ambrosia. We can have a good time here together as well."
06[23:15] * Alicia leans into him, her armour feeling slightly awkward now despite its enchanted suppleness. "It's been a long time for me... too long, I think," she murmurs. Reaching up, she puts an arm around his neck to pull his head closer to her level, "Don't make me regret this," she insists, almost desperately.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[19:42] <Kotono> --
05[19:43] -fantasy.dejatoons.net:@#dunes- Alicia invited Hatbot into the channel.
03[19:43] * Hatbot (~Hatbot@24.174.51.230) has joined #dunes
03[19:43] * Alicia sets mode: +v Hatbot
[19:44] <Kotono> Alicia stirs, resting against something warm. Her body feels faintly good all over, a few lingering giggles escaping her mouth as awareness returns.
03[19:45] * Taishyr is now known as Demedais
[19:48] <Alicia> "Mmm... didn't mean to doze off..." Alicia murmurs as she rouses herself, nonetheless feeling rather good in a slightly sore and tired way. It well and truly has been too long - and Hans, bless him, was never *that* good.
[19:51] <Kotono> "You needed it," Strength of Light's voice is sedated and calm, a warmth going down Alicia's back as a hand strokes her. "You fought like a warrior."
06[19:54] * Alicia laughs a little at that way of phrasing it. Then again, it was rather energetic. "I am a warrior," she corrects, stretching out languidly before she leans up to kiss him. "You were wonderful, though. I'm glad we shared this, together."
[19:55] <Kotono> Returning the kiss briefly, "So am I. You needed it." With a smile and holding up a hand, "It really was that long for you, huh?"
[19:59] <Alicia> "Not since my husband died," Alicia confirms. "I came close once, not long after, but it went badly and since then I've avoided sex and romance. Recently I've been telling myself I wasn't deliberately avoiding it, I was just lacking in opportunities." Grinning impishly, she caresses her lover's arm, "Maybe it's just my standards are too high?"
[20:02] <Kotono> Smirking, "Maaaaybe." He stretches back and wraps an arm around Alicia again, feeling away and rubbing. "If I'm not good enough for your standards, well, you won't be having any fun for a long time. Of course, I'm always just a plane shifting magic away."
[20:06] <Alicia> "We'll see," Alicia gives him another quick kiss. It's clear enough there's no basis for a long term relationship here, but she honestly doesn't mind treating it as a quick fling to get herself back in the saddle, so to speak. "Anyway, we should get ourselves cleaned up... Antenora and Latha are surely wondering what became of us," she concludes with an amused giggle.
[20:10] <Kotono> As he cleans and clothes himself once more, "You know, speaking of them. Antenora's obviously devoted to you...you could have her if you wanted. I won't presume to understand what goes on in the head of a risen fiend," Shrugging now as he readjusts himself and splashes water on his face, "But she's very much enamored with you."
[20:12] <Alicia> "We're also both women," Alicia retorts dryly as she magics herself clean and starts getting dressed. "I've noticed no one ever suggests that sort of loving relationship between two men who're close friends."
[20:15] <Kotono> Laughing at that, "I'm going somewhere with this. Personality and beauty are gifts, no doubt. It attracts people to you in every sense of the word." Cleaned up and ready now, watching Alicia do the same, "You have such a strong personality. That's what your magic works on. You're going to draw people to you and they're going to attach. With me so far?"
[20:17] <Alicia> "It worked on you, didn't it?" Alicia replies easily as she grabs herself after finishing her ablutions. "Yes, I'm with you so far," she adds in a more mollifying manner.
[20:23] <Kotono> "It worked on you, too." Grinning now as he starts to walk, "We use our charisma for better ends. Evil uses it to manipulate and destroy and you know all this so I won't pound it into you again." Waving a hand, "We help people with...and we grow deep attachments to them. When there's so much raw force of personality alluring and binding people together like lodestones?" Clapping his hands together, "It's the natural result." (More)
[20:23] <Kotono> like lodestones?" Clapping his hands together, "It's the natural result." (More)
[20:26] <Kotono> "Have you noticed that, too?" He pauses there for an answer, looking at Alicia.
[20:31] <Alicia> "Somewhat," Alicia shrugs. "I'm quite good with people. I've even been complimented by succubi and evil fey on my manipulative skills..." she blushes a little at that. "It can be used for good or ill, like many things in life."
[20:35] <Kotono> "Hehheheh." With a wicked grin at that, all innocence and mirth, "Anyway, you'll draw people into yo uas long as you live. Antenora's charismatic as well...and..." Clapping his hands together again, "In a hundred years, you may be so close as to be able to finish each other's thoughts, if you keep pulling towards each other interrupted. Sounds like an old married pair of mortals? It's the same thing. When you know people that long and make tha
[20:35] <Kotono> Sounds like an old married pair of mortals? It's the same thing. When you know people that long and make that strong a bond with them?" He looks ahead now, "Over centuries and millenia and piles of years so big that mortals don't have a name for them." (More_
[20:41] <Kotono> *uninterrupted.
[20:49] <Kotono> "Now then. Have you ever been to an eladrin party, or perhaps to Lady Firehair's realm or anything of the sort? Or known any eladrin fairly well?"
[20:51] <Alicia> "Have an eladrin for a familiar, attended a wedding party in Arborea, and spent a few days in Brightwater searching for Evergold," Alicia smiles sunnily in reply as she rattles off her reply to the last question. "That said, I'm confident I can be close friends with someone without feeling the need to become physically intimate."
[20:57] <Kotono> "You know, I thought that too." Strength of Light grins, "The point I'm making there is that you'll get to a point where physical sex is just one of the ways you display that sort of devoted, deep love. Most courre have a -lot- of fun with other courre. They're expressing this basic truth in a simple way. It's not just hedonistic pleasure seeking. That's the point I'm really getting to here, Alicia. When you make those sort of connections, you
[20:57] <Kotono> That's the point I'm really getting to here, Alicia. When you make those sort of connections, you begin to understand it doesn't matter if they have the same parts as you or not. I'd bet Antenora would deny any feelings for you of that sort, but she'd go on and on about how much you mean to her." (More)
[21:01] <Kotono> "It's not about the bodies...it's about the connections. Sex is a way of sharing love." Whistling a moment, "Of cooourse, Celestia would disagree with some of this, but..." He shrugs. "They wouldn't disagree with how deep love runs."
06[21:05] * Alicia shakes her head. "I'll have to disagree with you there, Strength of Light. There needs to be physical attraction if you're going to express your love physically." She makes a show of looking him over as she smiles, "You can call me shallow if you like, but biological imperatives run deep."
[21:07] <Kotono> Grinning right back and returning the favor. "That may change in time. As a celestial, you're still young. I'm not trying to tell you to go shack up with Antenora. Think of it more as someone who's been down this road and wants to let you know what's coming. Besides, if I wanted you to do that, I'd have invited Antenora to come with us." With a cocky grin, "Heck, maybe even Latha while I was at it. Go for the grand prize."
[21:07] <Kotono> "Heck, maybe even Latha while I was at it. Go for the grand prize."
06[21:10] * Alicia walks closer and pats her hand on his chest, smirking, "An opportunity missed. For which I'm grateful," she leans up to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. "My nerve wouldn't have held at all under those circumstances. And besides, my familiar would be unbearably jealous." At that she laughs and turns, scooping up her belongings and starting to head back out of the cave.
[21:11] <Kotono> "I figured it was a long shot if I tried." Strenght of Light returns the peck, following along with Alicia. "Besides, this makes better conversation than what I was going to talk to you about. The Abyss is relevant, but I'm glad our mouths ended up doing something else."
[21:13] <Alicia> "Quite," Alicia shakes her head indulgently. "What of the Abyss, then? I suppose I have a professional interest, after all."
[21:16] <Kotono> "So you've been. The Abyss...it's like it's alive. As dangerous as Baator or Gehenna or another evil plane is, the main danger is the landscape or the inhabitants. With the Abyss, it's like the plane itself works to make you suffer and draw you in. Did you encounter anything like that?"
[21:17] <Alicia> "Lets just say that killing every demon in my path on the road out of there had its downsides," Alicia replies evasively. "Why?"
[21:20] <Kotono> Raising an eyebrow, "Now I'm curious." After a beat for that, "The Abyss has a way of tormenting it's guests, often in ways that threaten to pervert their entire soul and spirit."
06[21:21] * Alicia nods. "I know this," she replies slowly. "What are you getting at, Strength of Light?"
[21:24] <Kotono> "It even perverted another of it's demons. Instead of taking freedom, it stayed to corrupt and torment eladrin. It makes me wonder if I'm wasting my time with the Molydeus here." Looking ahead now, "I'm not worried he's going to corrupt anyone, I've taken precautious, but..."
[21:28] <Alicia> "It might just be pointless?" Alicia concludes. "It could be - I don't know what goes on in his head. I'll ask this, though - what reason does he have to change? If he can fight and kill to sate his endless bloodlust day after day, then he's got things just great as he is. You've got to give him a reason to change, or he'll happily wallow in his current rut for the rest of his days."
[21:29] <Kotono> "Hmph." Bowing his head as he thinks, "Yes. I'm starting to wonder that too." You come out of the caves. It's duskfall now, the battles done. In the sky, a vast golden dragon dominates, unbloodied and unbowed. Strength of Light looks up and chuckles, "...yep."
06[21:32] * Alicia eyes the dragon and mentally compares it with Ajan for size as they start heading back to the camp. "You've got to get inside his head and understand his drives to have any hope of channelling them more productively. But inside a demon's head is not a nice place to be."
[21:43] <Kotono> They're both titanically large. It's hard to tell offhand without getting out a measuring stick. "Mmm." Strength of Light is silent for a little bit, "I'll have to think this over. I think you gave me a good insight here, so let me repay the favor. If you go back to the Abyss, there are spells that can protect you from planar effects. They're not perfect protection, but they'll give you some defense against what the Abyss might do to you."
[21:43] <Kotono>  but they'll give you some defense against what the Abyss might do to you."
[21:45] <Alicia> "I'm familiar with them in theory, although I can't cast them yet," Alicia nods. "My first and only visit to the Abyss was sadly unplanned, though, so I couldn't pick up scrolls or anything."
[21:48] <Kotono> "It has a bad habit of happening like that," As you reach the tent and go inside, you find Antenora and Latha aslumber. The two lean against each other, empty  mugs of fermented ambrosia besides them.
[21:50] <Kotono> "Dreaming of the best thye've had and better to come," Strength of Light looks to the pair of them. "You were going to see Syala tomorrow?"
[21:51] <Alicia> "At least they didn't miss us too much?" Alicia hazards as she eyes the not-so-dynamic duo. Then she nods to Strength of Light, "Whenever's suitable. I have something she'll hopefully appreciate."
[21:51] <Kotono> "It's cute." Grinning to them, "Go ahead and set up here for the night. I'll go make the proper preparations so you can visit her."
06[21:54] * Alicia didn't intend to stay quite so long, but she also never intended to have sex while she was here. Going with the flow, she's happy enough to linger a bit while her friends dream the night away.
[21:55] <Kotono> OOC: Skip ahead?
[21:57] <Alicia> OOC: yep
[22:02] <Kotono> The next morning is pleasant. A meal passes as you prepare to go. Latha is amll smiles, Antenora hums to herself and looks happy. She has a flask of the fermented ambrosia in hand as you prepare. "Can you store this away?" she asks of Alicia, "It's for Marie."
[22:03] <Alicia> "Of course," Alicia smiles and carefully puts the flask into her portable hole, before folding it up and putting it away. She's in a pleasant mood herself, after all. "She'll be thrilled with it, I'm sure."
[22:04] <Kotono> "Absolutely," Smiling ear to ear now, "This was such a good idea. We should find a way to bring Marie the next time we come, though."
[22:07] <Alicia> "Maybe if Jessica's free to look after Hugo," Alicia agrees, considering her sister more reliable than Dawnhope as the only other likely prospect. "Anyway, we should be able to drop in on Syala today and then head home, unless you two have anything else to do while we're here?"
[22:08] <Kotono> "No," Latha calls over, "I'm ready to return to Balmuria at your leisure."
06[22:10] * Alicia nods breezily. "Lets find Strength of Light to say goodbye then head off, then?"
[22:12] <Kotono> You find Strength of Light watching set battles in the middle of the stone field today. It's formal duels. He watches a man with a longspear wearing revealing armor, charging and retreating back at a man in heavy armor. "Oh, there you are," Strength of Light turns back to Alicia and company, "Travel to where you found that cave last time. You'll find you're able to go in and reach the grove."
[22:14] <Alicia> "We'll do that," Alicia nods, happy to stretch her wings for an hour or so rather than teleport. "So, for now, it's goodbye. Until next time, Strength of Light." She briefly considers hugging or kissing him, but discards the notion. That was last night, and this is today.
[22:16] <Kotono> Antenora watches the battle, eyeing the longspearman. As she does, Latha smiles to him. "Until the next time. Be blessed and well."
[22:17] <Alicia> "Thinking of giving him some tips?" Alicia asks the former erinyes, catching her gaze as she prepares to depart.
[22:19] <Kotono> "His style's more defensive than mine and he's better at that part of it." Antenora watches as he charges in and lands a hard blow on the armored man, then parries his returning swarm of blows. "Despite not wearing much armor, no less."
[22:21] <Alicia> "Some people prefer to sacrifice armour for mobility - you wouldn't catch me dead in full plate like Demedais wears," Alicia reasons as she watches for a moment. "Mithral strikes a good balance, though," she idly tings her finger off of Antenora's breastplate for effect. "Why don't you offer to spar with him? We're not in any hurry."
[22:23] <Kotono> "You can, I think he'll win." Strength of Light observes. "His armor might be of interest to you, too. It's a design native to Ysgard."
[22:25] <Alicia> "Sounds like a challenge," Alicia draws up a bit, confident in Antenora's abilities to handle anyone here. She beats Alicia in sparring with depressing regularity, after all.
[22:26] <Kotono> "I may...but what's the armor?" Antenora watches as the charging warrior buckles the armored man hard, nearly knocking him down and out.
[22:28] <Alicia> "It's either glamered or heavily enchanted if it's going to offer any protection while looking like that," Alicia observes.
[22:32] <Kotono> "It's called gloryborn armor. It works just fine even if it looks like that. Some would say that's the point of it," Grinning as he looks to Antenora, "It also helps protect you when you make a charge."
[22:34] <Alicia> "Certainly useful for your style of fighting, Antenora," Alicia admits. "Very showy, though." But hardly as showy as what Antenora was wearing when they first met.
[22:35] <Kotono> "It looks like that and it's fine." Crossing her arms, "The joys of magic. Hmph. I rather like this, though." Tapping her breastplate, "Wearing proper armor sends a certain message."
[22:37] <Alicia> "It does," Alicia agrees. "What do you think, Latha, from an armoursmith's perspective?" she then asks the third member of their group.
[22:38] <Kotono> "What there is does looks turdy," Latha takes a few moments to watch the battle go on.
[22:38] <Kotono> OOC: Gah.
[22:38] <Kotono> roll 1d20+23
06[22:38] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+23 and gets 29." [1d20=6]
[22:38] <Kotono> "What there is does looks turdy," Latha takes a few moments to watch the battle go on.
[22:38] <Kotono> OOC: Gah 2.
[22:39] <Kotono> "What there is does looks turdy," Latha takes a few moments to watch the battle go on. "I've heard of gloryborn armor. It lets you show off even when you're supposed to be covered."
[22:40] <Alicia> "I'm sure its nice for the morale of your allies as well, although I wouldn't be interested in showing off to my enemies," Alicia muses dryly. "Anyway, if you're not interested in fighting, Antenora, shall we depart?"
[22:41] <Kotono> "If I have to raise my allies up, I'd prefer not to cause that sort of raising. Something that teasing and suggestive is even more provacative than wearing nothing at all." Antenora takes to the air, "Yes, let's go.
[22:42] <Alicia> "Bye," Alicia waves as she takes wing after Antenora. "I'm sure Marie just felt terribly sad right now, and doesn't understand why."
[22:44] <Kotono> Antenora looks at hooded eyes at Alicia, "Poor Marie," Antenora chuckles, "She's had a run of bad luck lately, hasn't she?"
[22:47] <Alicia> "She's resilient, I'm sure she'll endure," Alicia nods sagely as they ride the thermals above the caldera before angling South. "At least she got to play an important part in fighting the Winterwight - I know she's been feeling down about me not taking her out as often."
[22:50] <Kotono> "Maybe I should take Marie out," Antenora considers, "It'll cheer her up and get her out of the house."
[22:52] <Alicia> "Not quite what I meant, but I'm sure she'd be appreciative," Alicia smiles approvingly as they fly along.
[22:53] <Kotono> "...Alicia!" Antneora turns red and stares at her.
[22:54] <Kotono> Latha merely laughs. "Wisdom is best measured at it's lowest ebb, not it's highest. Minding your words is important." As you fly along, the fjord far beneath you and chill cold winds blowing along your wings, "But even then, at least your ill thought out words provided light and laughter."
[22:57] <Alicia> "I can assure you, I meant nothing improper," Alicia shakes her head, smiling amusedly. "I was only referring to how Marie was feeling left out as a familiar for not coming along on adventures, and it sounded like you were offering to take her out to relax and have fun."
[22:57] <Alicia> Allowing a more teasing smile, "Besides, if you were thinking of doing something more improper, its yours and Marie's home as well. There's no need to go elsewhere."
[23:00] <Kotono> With a deep blush, "Ysgard must be taking it's effect again." Muttering that quite audibly as she flies along, Antenora looks ahead. "Was your next comment going to suggest we take a dip in the fjords before we go meet Syala?" After a pause, "By the way, Alicia, what did Strength of Light want last night? You two wandered off in the middle of things."
[23:03] <Alicia> "You remember how much he flirted the first time we were here?" Alicia asks, smiling. "I told him off, but I did promise I'd look him up once I got my wings. Well, that happened a lot sooner than I anticipated..."
[23:03] <Kotono> "...it's definintely taking an effect," Despite that, Antenora smiles. "Your mood says all that needs to be said about it. I won't press any further."
06[23:05] * Alicia nods. "I doubt we'll take things any further, but I'm glad I took a chance on it," she affirms happily.
[23:06] <Kotono> The rest of the flight is without incident. You come to the harsh ground where you found the cave entrance before. It looms ahead of you, waiting for the three silently. "Lead the way?" Latha offers.
02[23:07] * Demedais (~ferixstad@24-247-151-205.dhcp.klmz.mi.charter.com) Quit (Ping timeout)
[23:08] <Alicia> "It gets very cramped in here - I had to turn myself into a gnome so I could easily fit the last time, so bear with me," Alicia explains as she tucks her wings and proceeds into the cave. Hopefully all the nasty traps and guardians are disabled for social calls...
[23:09] <Kotono> You find it to be a plain, unremarkable cave path. No dangers at all. After a little while of walking, you can see an upward slope, light coming out of the end of it.
[23:09] <Alicia> "Must've made things easier since we're not in training," Alicia shrugs by way of explanation as she heads up to the light.
[23:12] <Kotono> You come out in the tree's garden as before. Standing before the tree, clad in light, is Syala. She has her arms crossed, wings wrapped to her sides. "Well, at least you remembered your shirt this time," she observes.
[23:14] <Alicia> "You're a delightful ray of sunshine, as always, Syala," Alicia grins at the deva as she approaches. "These are my friends, Antenora, and Latha. This is Syala, guardian of the Tree of Idun," she then provides introductions, gesturing between the angelic women in turn.
[23:15] <Kotono> Grinning back, "I was worried you'd bring a coven of like minded nudists with you," Approaching Alicia and company, "Nic eto meet all of you."
[23:17] <Kotono> "Coven? We're not witches," Antenora crosses her arms and stares into Syala's eyes. "Do we look like witches?"
[23:17] <Alicia> "We can't all enjoy the same modesty without clothes as you do, sadly," Alicia laments at the light-clad figure. She then raises her hand at Antenora's question, "I'm a witch."
[23:18] <Kotono> "She even got a stick that would be a good handle for a broom  here," Syala smirks, "So yes, a coven."
[23:19] <Kotono> "Traitor," Antenora laughs a little bit, trying to glare at Alicia and not pulling it off at all.
[23:19] <Kotono> "Nice to meet you. So why did you come?" Syala asks, "Did you finally get geased and it involves dropping in?"
[23:21] <Alicia> "I like 'witch' better than 'sorceress' in all honesty," Alicia smiles amiably. "But 'knight' beats either... anyway, nevermind that," she shakes her head. "I actually haven't been geased at all, no. There's no need for magical compulsion to make me pay a visit to you, bracing as your company can be."
[23:21] <Alicia> "I wanted to make sure you hadn't got into trouble yourself for my little accident with the apple, but I also brought you a present!"
[23:22] <Kotono> "I'm fine. But a present?" Looking at Alicia now, "Oh and...am I going crazy, or didn't you not have wings last time?"
[23:23] <Alicia> "Mystra promoted me for slaying a world-rending horror from the far realms beyond the planes," Alicia replies innocently, flapping her white plumage just a little.

Corwin

[19:37] <Kotono> > "She even got a stick that would be a good handle for a broom  here," Syala smirks, "So yes, a coven."
[19:37] <Kotono> > "Traitor," Antenora laughs a little bit, trying to glare at Alicia and not pulling it off at all.
[19:37] <Kotono> > "Nice to meet you. So why did you come?" Syala asks, "Did you finally get geased and it involves dropping in?"
[19:37] <Kotono> <Alicia> "I like 'witch' better than 'sorceress' in all honesty," Alicia smiles amiably. "But 'knight' beats either... anyway, nevermind that," she shakes her head. "I actually haven't been geased at all, no. There's no need for magical compulsion to make me pay a visit to you, bracing as your company can be."
[19:37] <Kotono> <Alicia> "I wanted to make sure you hadn't got into trouble yourself for my little accident with the apple, but I also brought you a present!"
[19:37] <Kotono> > "I'm fine. But a present?" Looking at Alicia now, "Oh and...am I going crazy, or didn't you not have wings last time?"
[19:37] <Kotono> <Alicia> "Mystra promoted me for slaying a world-rending horror from the far realms beyond the planes," Alicia replies innocently, flapping her white plumage just a little.
[19:37] <Kotono> Going over and patting the wings, "They're cute ones, too. I've seen angels with these tiny little baby wings. Those look so childish, but these are big, full wings."
06[19:42] * Alicia spreads out her impressive wingspan as her new limbs are fondled. "I can get a good rate of speed with them, although not as fast as you and Latha could manage. Nor am I as agile as Antenora, but they're good for what they are," she replies, smiling. "I haven't become a proper angel yet, despite appearances, though - I'd say I'm probably half and half."
[19:45] <Kotono> "Alicia's not ready to give up her humanity and identity as a mortal quite yet," Antenora chimes in, going to feel the other wing. "See, very soft. Mine are a bit harder, but I have tougher skin than she does."
[19:47] <Kotono> "A world rending horror? I though the Abyss had a monopoly on those," Syala snorts to that, "Was it Abyssal or...?"
[19:50] <Alicia> "Yes, I'm very delicate," Alicia agrees dryly. "It was from beyond the planes entirely," she then explains about Zetsubouko. "It seemed to have possessed a crazed but terribly powerful and nasty young woman, and half imprinted on her perverse ideas about morality. We didn't even realise the true threat it represented until said girl started killing herself and the creature began to withdraw back to its own realm - we prevented it from fleein
[19:51] <Alicia> prevented it from fleeing which caused its true form to manifest as a gigantic edifice of flesh and eyes and tentacles, even taller than your tree!" she gestures upwards for effect.
[19:52] <Kotono> Antenora just giggles at all of this.
[19:53] <Kotono> "Taller than..." Syala looks to it, looks to Alicia, then back to her tree. "Flesh, eyes and tentacles? So you fought a giant, one hundred eyed devil squid?"
06[19:55] * Alicia shakes her head. "I'm really not doing it justice when I describe it," she apologises. "For half of it there just aren't words - the mind refuses to accept what it sees. Just trust me when I say that it was very big, very ugly, and very powerful."
[19:55] <Alicia> "Its inherent nature was so contrary to reality as we know it, that had it remained on the Prime for even so long as ten minutes, existence itself would have been rent asunder."
[19:58] <Kotono> "Marie - Alicia's eladrin familiar - went insane when she saw it. It was mind ruining." Antenora lowers her arms, looking down. "I know evil and hate...and those were worse than any I've ever seen. IT was un-life."
[19:59] <Kotono> "Wooow." Staring, "But if you kicked that thing's ass...well, no wonder you came to Ysgard and did so well. You're clearly Ysgard material." Nodding to Alicia with a bright smile, "Is that why you're back?"
[20:02] <Alicia> "Not as such," Alicia shakes her head. "We came here in the first place for training to help us beat an obnoxious pit fiend arch-wizard. Since he's sitting in the deepest hole we could find in Mount Celestia, it's only fitting to say thank you to our teacher."
[20:02] <Alicia> "And I've been hanging onto something I picked up a while back that I think would make a nice gift for you as a way for saying sorry about our little misunderstanding with the apple." So saying, she unfurls her portable hole and reaches inside, producing two objects which she holds out to Syala.
[20:02] <Alicia> They're elegant bracelets of woven gold and glass, reminiscent of hourglasses artfully twisted into shape, even showing trickles of sand flowing incessantly within.
[20:04] <Kotono> "Oh, those are pretty!" Syala smiles, taking them. She puts them on, moving her arm up and down and watching the bracelets. "Where'd you get them?"
[20:05] <Alicia> "From a Quarut," Alicia explains. "As well as being pretty, they ward the bearer from any magic that would rapidly alter her age. All things considered, it just felt appropriate."
[20:06] <Kotono> "Oh, kidding." Hands on her hips now, "You know, that apple was doubly wasted. IF you're becoming an angel, you're not gonna get old and die, are you? You'd think at least some mortal who wasn't on track for that would sneak that apple!"
06[20:08] * Alicia puts a hand on her mouth to cover her laugh. "If I'm going to be stuck at the same age for the rest of my days, at least it's a slightly younger one than it otherwise would've been?"
[20:14] <Kotono> "Still!" Glaring at Alicia, "Just..." Throwing her hands into the air, Syala stomps off towards her tree.
[20:15] <Kotono> Antenora's laughter is like drawn out music, Latha joining in. "Temperence, Syala. Rage doesn't become you." Latha calls.
[20:16] <Alicia> Well, that's probably their cue to leave... "It was nice seeing you again, Syala. Really!" she offers, starting to back off.
[20:17] <Kotono> "Oh, it was!" Syala turns around, all smiles now. "You're so aggrivating!" With a look to her, "You're nice, but you're aggrivating! So say! Any of you up for a round?
[20:17] <Kotono> "
[20:18] <Alicia> "And you're so prickly," Alicia banters back. "I could go for a rematch if you want to work off your frustrations, though."
[20:19] <Kotono> "A proper rematch?" Syala cracks her neck, her mace in hand now. "Last time you didn't have all that fancy gear or equipment."
[20:21] <Alicia> "It does give something of an unfair advantage, doesn't it?" Alicia muses. "Would you like me to strip off again?"
[20:21] <Kotono> "...Ysgard..." Antenora mutters.
[20:23] <Kotono> "Please," Syala grins, "And what's that mean, you back there?"
[20:29] <Alicia> "Antenora thinks Ysgard brings out the worst in me," Alicia explains as she unclasps her cloak and tosses it aside before starting to remove her shiny breastplate. She makes no move to take off her black tunic or leggings, though, even as she takes off her bracers and belt. "I wouldn't go that far, but one can't deny feeling ever so slightly carefree in a place like this."
[20:30] <Kotono> "Antenora and I share a very lawful nature. Perhaps this makes some instincts and impulses here clash with our preferences," Latha goes to take Antenora's hand into her own, "No need for that, Antenora. Relax and let's watch. This is Ysgard, we're visiting."
[20:32] <Alicia> "Am I allowed to use my sword?" Alicia asks Syala as she sets her magical jewellery with the exception of the ring of eternal celerity down on her pile of gear. "We could agree to fight unarmed if you're worried about me stealing your mace again."
[20:33] <Kotono> "Oh. Yes." Syala smirks at Antenora, "In other words, you're yelping as Ysgard tugs at the rod of lawful iron shoved up your ass." Tossing her mace hand from hand, "You'll feel better once you let it get yanked out of you and have some fun."
[20:33] <Kotono> Latha smiles gently, "That's a crude way of putting it. Are you trying to provoke Antenora? Surely she has the wisdom to restrain herself from that."
[20:34] <Kotono> "Oh, it's crude. But you can come get a round with me after Alicia." Turning away from Antenora now, Syala tosses her mace aside and cracks her knuckles. "Sounds good."
[20:34] <Kotono> "Marie's better at pressing my buttons on that," Antenora retorts, "Good luck, Alicia!"
06[20:37] * Alicia kicks off her boots as the last thing to remove, cracking her knuckles as well. "Hell Striker helped me come up with a new spell recently, and I've been waiting for a good chance to show it off," she explains while going to stand forty feet from Syala, parallel to where Antenora and Latha observe. "Hopefully you'll give me enough of a workout to see how good it really is."
[20:39] <Kotono> "Then...here I come!" With that...OOC: Init.
[20:39] <Kotono> roll 1d20+8
[20:39] <Kotono> OOC: Summon: Miko.
03[20:39] * Rei-chan (Rei-chan@user-5af2cad0.tcl128.dsl.pol.co.uk) has joined #dunes
03[20:39] * Kotono sets mode: +v Rei-chan
[20:39] <Kotono> roll 1d20+8
[20:39] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{9}
[20:39] <Alicia> roll 1d20+5
[20:39] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{21}
03[20:39] * Kotono changes topic to 'Alicia(21)>Syala(9)'
[20:39] <Kotono> OOC: Go Alicia.
06[20:43] * Alicia raises up a hand to the sky as her wings spread out, incanting her spell! "Strength of Heaven's champion, flow into my veins!" she calls as the magic courses through her, emulating the mighty prowess of a Planetar! Her stature shifts a bit, gaining perhaps an inch or so of height, while her muscles visibly expand, remaining more toned than bulky but still significantly more visible.
[20:43] <Alicia> To further highlight her striking transformation, her pale flesh tints a vibrant shade of veridian, bursting with vitality and health, while her pure white wings glitter and turn to a glowing golden hue! With her transformation complete, she beckons Syala forward with one of her powerful looking fists.
03[20:45] * Kotono changes topic to 'Alicia(21)>Syala(9)=Brown Bear'
[20:45] <Kotono> "Impressive.' Syala gawks, "Oh well, remember how it went last time? I call on the power of nature! Appear and give Alicia a good thumping!" Fromt he earth, a great brown grizzly bear appears, clawing at Alicia!
[20:45] <Kotono> roll 1d20+11
[20:45] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+11 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{23}
[20:45] <Kotono> roll 1d20+11
[20:45] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+11 --> [ 1d20=13 ]{24}
[20:45] <Kotono> roll 1d20+6 AC, Alicia?
[20:45] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+6 AC, Alicia? --> [ 1d20=17 ]{23}
[20:46] <Alicia> OOC: 23
03[20:46] * taifk is now known as finditkindafunnyfinditkindasad
[20:46] <Kotono> roll 1d8+8+1d8+8+2d6+4 (DR applies three times, also grappling check)
[20:46] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d8+8+1d8+8+2d6+4 (DR applies three times, also grappling check) --> [ 1d8=4 1d8=6 2d6=5 ]{35}
[20:46] <Alicia> roll 1d20+26
[20:46] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+26 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{40}
[20:47] <Kotono> roll 1d20+16
[20:47] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+16 --> [ 1d20=2 ]{18}
[20:47] <Kotono> The bear appears and promptly rips into Alicia! It paws and hacks at her, hitting on her magically augumented body, trying to draw her in close, but Ailcia's too quick and strong! OOC: Alicia.
[20:49] <Kotono> "On one hand, you're a cheater," Antenora calls out lightly, "On the other hand, it's not against the word of anything you agreed to."
[20:49] <Alicia> Blood pours from Alicia as she's slashed and bitten, but her wounds quickly begin to seal from the flow of positive energy suffusing her. "Remember what else happened last time?" she asks the deva as she grabs the bear's head just before its neck and then viciously twists it with all the power she can put into the motion!
[20:50] <Alicia> roll 1d20+12 -14 pa divine might
[20:50] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+12 -14 pa divine might --> [ 1d20=10 ]{22}
[20:50] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[20:50] <Alicia> roll 2d8+54
[20:50] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 2d8+54 --> [ 2d8=7 ]{61}
[20:51] <Kotono> With one mammoth blow, Alicia crushes the bear underneath her magically imbued fist! It vanishes away! OOC: Anything besides that?
[20:51] <Alicia> OOC: nope
[20:51] <Kotono> "Fine, try that again!" Syala inchants, "Nature, give me another bear now! Have this one turn Alicia into pudding!" Syala chants! Again, a brown bear appears and rips into Alicia!
[20:52] <Kotono> roll 1d20+11 someone memorized a lot of SNAs, apparently
[20:52] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+11 someone memorized a lot of SNAs, apparently --> [ 1d20=5 ]{16}
[20:52] <Kotono> roll 1d20+11
[20:52] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+11 --> [ 1d20=11 ]{22}
[20:52] <Kotono> roll 1d20+6
[20:52] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{23}
[20:52] <Kotono> roll 2d6+4
[20:52] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 2d6+4 --> [ 2d6=9 ]{13}
[20:52] <Kotono> The bear takes a bit out of Alicia's shoulder, only lightly grazing her! OOC: Alicia.
[20:53] <Alicia> "I can keep this up all day!" Alicia assures Syala as she batters the bear's forelimbs aside with her arms before delivering a mighty punch to shatter its ribcage and pulverise its heart!
[20:53] <Alicia> roll 1d20+12 -14 pa divine might
[20:53] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+12 -14 pa divine might --> [ 1d20=17 ]{29}
[20:53] <Alicia> roll 2d8+54
[20:53] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 2d8+54 --> [ 2d8=7 ]{61}
[20:56] <Kotono> Crack! Another bear is pulverised, Syala glaring! "Fine then! Plants, entangle her!" Syala calls, the grass and roots around rising up to try and bind Alicia! OOC: Ref.
[20:57] <Alicia> roll 1d20+16
[20:57] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+16 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{21}
[20:58] <Kotono> Alicia avoids being entangled, but the ground alla round her is a mess, difficult to walk through and full of entangling roots! OOC: Alicia.
06[21:02] * Alicia flaps her wings to take off, elevating herself above the grasping foliage. "Come on, Syala, I know you can do better than that," she calls back as she draws a hand before her, conjuring forth several sparking orbs of electric silvery light, then with a violent thrust forward she sends them lancing down at the light-garbed deva!
[21:03] <Alicia> roll 1d20+20 ranged touch
[21:03] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+20 ranged touch --> [ 1d20=15 ]{35}
[21:03] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+20 ranged touch --> [ 1d20=14 ]{34}
[21:03] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+20 ranged touch --> [ 1d20=2 ]{22}
[21:03] <Alicia> roll 1d20+18 SR
[21:03] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+18 SR --> [ 1d20=15 ]{33}
[21:03] <Kotono> OOC: What spell?
[21:03] <Alicia> OOC: Moonbow
[21:03] <Kotono> OOC: Sadly for you, angels have stupifyingly good SR.
[21:04] <Alicia> OOC: alas
[21:05] <Kotono> The spell fires but collapses around Syala, leaving her with a dance of lightning around her, yet her body is untouched. "Oh, did I feel a breeze?" Syala looks around, scratching her head. "I though I felt a breeze. Oh well...let's see how you like this!" At that, walls of blades and razors surrounds Alicia! OOC: Ref.
[21:05] <Alicia> roll 1d20+16
[21:05] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+16 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{17}
[21:05] <Kotono> roll 15d6 owwies
[21:05] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 15d6 owwies --> [ 15d6=62 ]{62}
[21:06] <Kotono> Alicia is caught flatfooted, the blades ripping and tearing into her! Blood rains down as she's caught in the blade barrier! OOC: Alicia.
[21:06] <Kotono> Latha looks upa t Alicia, a slight wince.
[21:07] <Alicia> "Aooow!" Alicia yelps as a rain of her blood decorates the grass below, drawing her limbs around herself protectively as she falls out of the sphere of whirling magical blades before her bloodied wings fan out to arrest her fall, bringing her swooping in on a collision course with Syala fist first!
[21:07] <Alicia> roll 1d20+23 knowledge
[21:07] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+23 knowledge --> [ 1d20=19 ]{42}
[21:08] <Alicia> roll 1d20+25 -14pa divine might flying 7th level arcane strike
[21:08] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+25 -14pa divine might flying 7th level arcane strike --> [ 1d20=5 ]{30}
[21:09] <Alicia> roll 2d8+54+7d4
[21:09] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 2d8+54+7d4 --> [ 2d8=2 7d4=18 ]{74}
[21:10] <Alicia> OOC: +5 damage, forgot knowledge adds to that
[21:12] <Kotono> Alicia charges in, slamming her green fist into Syala's chest! She rocks back with the blow, growling! "Owww! Fine then, play that way!" With that, Syala retorts with her own heavy punch!
[21:12] <Kotono> roll 1d20+19 (-6 PA)
[21:12] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+19 (-6 PA) --> [ 1d20=7 ]{26}
[21:12] <Kotono> roll 1d8+15
[21:12] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d8+15 --> [ 1d8=3 ]{18}
[21:12] <Kotono> Alicia gets socked in the gut, Syala knocking some of the wind from her!OOC: Alicia.
06[21:15] * Alicia grunts from the impact lifting her up in the air slightly before she draws back just enough to settle her left leg heavily on the ground, using her right to lash out with a thundering kick at Syala's head!
[21:16] <Alicia> roll 1d20+25 -6pa divine might critical strike
[21:16] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+25 -6pa divine might critical strike --> [ 1d20=17 ]{42}
[21:16] <Alicia> roll 2d8+43
[21:16] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 2d8+43 --> [ 2d8=10 ]{53}
[21:16] <Kotono> Wham! Syala is clocked across the face! She tumbles down onto her rear, holding her nose! "Guugh! You win! You win!" She calls, voice muffled and only half understood.
06[21:18] * Alicia retracts her leg and smiles, reaching down to muss the angel's hair and incidentally speed up Ysgard's healing process. "I think I can call this spell a success, then," she concludes happily.
[21:18] <Alicia> OOC: 18hp lay on hands
[21:19] <Kotono> Holding up a nose that's shifting back into place, "I...ah, better! I think you broke my nose there. What spell IS that?"
[21:19] <Kotono> Antenora trots up, all smiles. "Congratulations, Alicia."
[21:23] <Alicia> "I call it Might of the Planetar," Alicia rolls up her sleeve and flexes a well developed green bicep for show. "Hell Striker helped me with it, since he knows lots about them. It only really emulates the obvious physical strengths, though - I'm only a pale imitation of a real one."
[21:32] <Kotono> "You showed me," Syala leans back as her battered body mends. "Owww. I lost bad, too."
[21:32] <Kotono> "You did," Antenora agrees, "Alicia is very powerful. There's no shame in it."
[21:34] <Alicia> "Well, you bloodied me up nicely, and shrugged off one of my most powerful offensive spells," Alicia consoles. "Hopefully we've both learned something?"
[21:36] <Kotono> Quiet for a few moments as she mends, leaning back onto the ground, "Yes, yes. I learned that I still don't like losing." Looking up at Antenora and Latha, "You two look a bit more manageable. Either of you want to give it a go once I heal up?"
[21:38] <Kotono> "I may. Do you want to, Antenora?" Latha asks.
[21:39] <Alicia> "Two devas should be an interesting matchup," Alicia agrees, using a little magic to clean herself up and mend her clothes while she steadily heals.
[21:40] <Kotono> Antenora nods and rustles around in her pockets, coming up with a copper coin. "It seems fitting here to resolve which of us should face her by chance."
[21:40] <Kotono> "So you do as well? A coin flip? If you wish. Heads," Latha says. "Winner fights Syala?"
[21:41] <Kotono> "Yes." Antenora flips the coin into the air, kneeling down to it as it hits the ground! She picks it up and says...
[21:41] <Kotono> roll 1d2
[21:41] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d2 --> [ 1d2=1 ]{1}
[21:41] <Kotono> "Heads it is," Antenora says, stepping back. "Let's go back and watch, Alicia?"
06[21:42] * Alicia nods, going over to collect her belongings and start to get dressed again. "Good luck, both of you!" she calls over, having returned to her natural form.
[21:42] <Kotono> Antenora goes to sit next to Alicia as she dresses, dropping her spear next to her. She lies on the ground, resting her head on her hand, elbow driven into the ground.
[21:44] <Kotono> Latha approaches, stretching out. She puts her mace down carefully on the side, "If you prefer to fight without weapons, I'll honor that."
[21:44] <Kotono> "Sure." Syala smiles a little, then pounces ahead at Latha! "Let's go!"
[21:44] <Kotono> roll 1d20+8 Syala
[21:44] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+8 Syala --> [ 1d20=4 ]{12}
[21:46] <Kotono> roll 1d20+8 Latha
[21:46] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+8 Latha --> [ 1d20=6 ]{14}
03[21:46] * Kotono changes topic to 'Latha>Syala'
[21:46] <Kotono> Gesturing at the now healed Syala, Latha watches as a pillar of flame engulfs the druid deva!
[21:46] <Kotono> roll 1d20+16 SR
[21:46] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+16 SR --> [ 1d20=6 ]{22}
[21:47] <Kotono> But Syala stands amid it untouched, acting as if she's wiping flame from her arms. "Nice try!" she calls, before charging headlong at Latha, looking to wrap her up!
[21:48] <Kotono> roll 1d20+25 touch
[21:48] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+25 touch --> [ 1d20=19 ]{44}
02[21:48] * finditkindafunnyfinditkindasad (~ferixstad@76.235.172.133) Quit (Ping timeout)
[21:49] <Kotono> roll 1d20+27 Syala
[21:49] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+27 Syala --> [ 1d20=14 ]{41}
06[21:49] * Alicia sits down next to Antenora with her knees drawn up to her chest, watching with interest.
[21:49] <Kotono> roll 1d20+22 Latha
[21:49] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+22 Latha --> [ 1d20=19 ]{41}
[21:49] <Kotono> OOC: Higher mod wins.
[21:49] <Kotono> roll 1d8+9 wham on Latha, DR is not penetrated
[21:49] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d8+9 wham on Latha, DR is not penetrated --> [ 1d8=2 ]{11}
[21:51] <Kotono> Latha is taken down, an elbow driven into the back of her head! Latha squirms as Syala's arms hold her down, "Don't think you'll stop me that way!" she retorts, fighting the grapple with a punch in close to Syala!
[21:51] <Kotono> roll 1d20+18 (-4 grapple)
[21:51] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+18 (-4 grapple) --> [ 1d20=6 ]{24}
[21:52] <Kotono> But Syala wiggles out of the way, her head missed by a quick, snapping blow! Watching as they go back and forth, "You know, she should have tried that with you," Antenora observes. "Your magic won't work well ifs he can keep you held."
03[21:52] * Taishyr (~ferixstad@adsl-76-235-172-133.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net) has joined #dunes
03[21:52] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Taishyr
[21:53] <Kotono> Syala takes this chance, trying to wrap a hand around Latha's mouth and keep her pinned against the ground, face first!
[21:53] <Kotono> roll 1d20+27 Syala
[21:53] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+27 Syala --> [ 1d20=15 ]{42}
[21:54] <Kotono> roll 1d20+22 Latha
[21:54] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+22 Latha --> [ 1d20=5 ]{27}
[21:54] <Alicia> "I might have won on sheer power while I had my planetar spell up, though," Alicia replies as she watches the two devas wrestle. "Although she'd likely have taken me down on our first battle this way. Glad I didn't resort to grappling, myself."
[21:54] <Kotono> roll 1d20+18 (-4 grapple)
[21:54] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+18 (-4 grapple) --> [ 1d20=10 ]{28}
[21:55] <Kotono> roll 1d8+9
[21:55] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d8+9 --> [ 1d8=8 ]{17}
02[21:55] * Merc (~k@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout)
[21:55] <Kotono> Pinning Latha down, Syala grabs Latha's arm and slams it into the back of the angel's head! Holding her mouth shut and arms pinned by pressing down with her chest, "You can giveup any time," she says, "Got you down good!"
[21:55] <Alicia> "Focus, Latha!" she then calls over. "She's stronger than you, you need to bolster your abilities!"
[21:57] <Kotono> Latha draws in her own concentration!
[21:58] <Kotono> roll 1d20+23
[21:58] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+23 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{24}
03[22:00] * Merc-zzz (~k@c-98-196-68-69.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has joined #dunes
[22:00] <Kotono> Latha calls on deep heroism, growing stronger as she's pinned! Meanwhile, Syala grins and slams Latha into the ground a few more times!
[22:00] <Kotono> roll 1d20+27
[22:00] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+27 --> [ 1d20=4 ]{31}
[22:00] <Kotono> roll 1d20+24
[22:00] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+24 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{41}
[22:00] <Kotono> But Latha resists and rolls onto her side, half dislodging Syala! A moment later, she attempts to break free entirely!
[22:00] <Kotono> roll 1d20+24
[22:00] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+24 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{38}
[22:00] <Kotono> roll 1d20+27
[22:00] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+27 --> [ 1d20=6 ]{33}
[22:01] <Kotono> Leaping out and landing five feet away, Latha is dirt smeared and clothing torn. Nonetheless, she is free of the grapple! "Come on," Latha is focused low, "Let's cease wasting time trying to hurt each other with our fists in close."
[22:01] <Kotono> "Good work!" Antenora calls, "That's it, Latha!"
06[22:02] * Alicia smiles, glad Latha's still got plenty of fight left in her.
[22:03] <Kotono> Syala rips into the air, flying up and going for a massive charge at Latha!
[22:03] <Kotono> roll 1d20+20 (+2 charge, -7 PA)
[22:03] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+20 (+2 charge, -7 PA) --> [ 1d20=4 ]{24}
[22:04] <Kotono> But Latha side steps instantly! A split second later, she flies back towards Syala's tree, ripping off a quick motion as another pillar of flames engulfs Syala!
[22:04] <Kotono> roll 1d20+16 SR
[22:04] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+16 SR --> [ 1d20=20 ]{36}
[22:04] <Kotono> roll 15d6
[22:04] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 15d6 --> [ 15d6=47 ]{47}
[22:04] <Kotono> roll 1d20+13 ref
[22:04] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+13 ref --> [ 1d20=16 ]{29}
[22:07] <Kotono> Syala yips as she staggers out of the flame strike, scorched! "That one got through!?" She glares at Latha, "Oh, your'e good too, but not that good!" Kneeling down to scoop up pebbles, "Chauntea, make my pebbles grow!" With that, she tosses one at Latha - and it turns into a giant boulder, thrown right at her!
[22:07] <Kotono> roll 1d20+27
[22:07] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+27 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{34}
[22:07] <Kotono> roll 2d6+15
[22:07] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 2d6+15 --> [ 2d6=7 ]{22}
[22:08] <Kotono> Wham! The boulder smacks Latha right into her, sending her in a tail spin and kneeling ont he ground! She shakes her head, before rolling to the side and gesturing again at Syala!
[22:08] <Kotono> roll 1d20+16
[22:08] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+16 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{17}
[22:08] <Kotono> The flame strike that comes fizzles around Syala, making her laugh! "That one was just a lucky shot!" she retorts, throwing another pebble!
06[22:09] * Alicia winces at the impact and Syala's subsequent survival of the flame strike. It's close, but undeniable that Latha is outmatched, here. Unless she can pull out something unexpected, it's only a matter of time before Syala wears her down.
[22:09] <Kotono> roll 1d20+27
[22:09] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+27 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{36}
[22:09] <Kotono> roll 2d6+15
[22:09] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 2d6+15 --> [ 2d6=4 ]{19}
[22:10] <Kotono> Wham! Another boulder hits Latha, rolling her along and leaving her in a heap in front of Alicia and Antenora! She springs up, going for a direct charge at her!
[22:10] <Kotono> roll 1d20+24 (+2 charge, -4 PA)
[22:11] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+24 (+2 charge, -4 PA) --> [ 1d20=3 ]{27}
[22:11] <Kotono> OOC: -2 to that.
[22:11] <Kotono> But Syala is already moving! She flies a little bit backwards, tossing the last pebble in her hand at Latha! Another boulder threans to overwhelm her!
[22:11] <Kotono> roll 1d20+27
[22:11] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+27 --> [ 1d20=2 ]{29}
[22:11] <Kotono> roll 2d6+15 owwies
[22:11] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 2d6+15 owwies --> [ 2d6=7 ]{22}
[22:12] <Kotono> As Latha is knocked silly with another boulder, Antenora winces. "Did you see that trick before? It's a new one to me."
[22:13] <Kotono> Latha gets up, wiping at her face and removing a trickle of blood. "By Celestia's light, you're resourceful," Latha admits. She steps back, trying another flaming pillar!
[22:13] <Kotono> roll 1d20+16
[22:13] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+16 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{32}
[22:13] <Kotono> But again, this one fizzles out! Syala stretches as she walks forward, "You can surrender now, or I can cast that spell again and bury you under a rain of stone. Your choice!" Sing-songing that, "Your fists aren't even going to leave a dent in me and you know it."
[22:14] <Alicia> "No, the first time she summoned some animals then I stole her mace and she punched me a lot..." Alicia murmurs, hoping Latha has something in reserve here even if it sadly looks like she's out of options.
[22:15] <Kotono> "...." Latha stops and bows, "Your resistance is strong. I had counted on my magic to win the day, but it seems not to be enough. Very well, victory is yours."
[22:16] <Kotono> "Whoo!" Syala relaxes and makes a leap all at once.
[22:16] <Kotono> Antenora hops to her feet, "Good try," She goes over to Latha, mending her injuries with a touch.
06[22:17] * Alicia stands up. "That could've gone on all day. Defensively you two are both too good," she comments. "Out of interest, Syala, *did* you have another of those spells in reserve, or was it a crafty bluff?"
[22:17] <Kotono> "I did." She admits, "I only get a few boulders with it because I'm not that skilled. You're alright right, we were barely hurting each other."
[22:18] <Kotono> Latha shakes off her dirtied clothes, "Alicia, could you cast a mending cantrip on me?"
[22:20] <Alicia> "Of course. I can clean you up as well," Alicia smiles, casting a quick spell to repair a rent in the fabric caused by a scraping boulder before she sweeps her hands over Latha's form, magicking away the dirt and dust from her various tumbles.
[22:20] <Kotono> "Thank you," Latha smiles.
[22:21] <Kotono> "Aaah, still, that felt good. Oh yes, I wanted to ask you." Turning to Antenora, "What's wrong with Ysgard, anyway? Are you just so far gone on obsessive order that it doesn't agree with you, or is there something more to it?"
[22:22] <Kotono> Antenora crosses her arms, "Ysgard isn't bad, I suppose. But..."
[22:22] <Alicia> "She has fun every time she comes here, she just likes to stick up for her side on the great law/chaos divide at every opportunity," Alicia puts in pleasantly.
[22:23] <Kotono> "She's been about order her whole life, regardless of other feelings." Latha smiles gently, "It's very loyal of her."
[22:25] <Kotono> "There's that, and..." Antenora eyes Syala, "You're barely modest. It's...why do we seem to end up naked or in suggestive situations here so much? Every time we visit, carnal and teasing matters seem to constantly jut ahead. You asked Alicia to strip, for Mystra's sake."
[22:25] <Kotono> "Who cares?" With a shrug, "Ysgard is what it is. We're not so hung up as to not enjoy ourselves."
[22:26] <Alicia> "It's a rather clever effect with the light," Alicia agrees, eyeing Syala for a moment. "It makes you look far more dignified and regal than you actually are." Then to Antenora, "And she actually complained about my nudity like you wouldn't believe, the first time."
[22:27] <Alicia> "Also, *you* were naked when I first met you!" she can't help but add.
[22:27] <Kotono> "Yes well..." Antenora sputters, crossing her arms, gawking and turning away. "That was completely different!"
[22:28] <Kotono> "I thought you were an exhibitionist. I'd expect challengers to come in with -something- to try and protect themselves," Syala chimes in. Showing up naked is absurd!"
[22:29] <Alicia> "Didn't you tell me about how outsiders don't have the same hang-ups about appearances we mortals do?" Alicia needles the former baatezu before turning back to Syala. "I wasn't allowed to bring my armour, and that little gauntlet of yours quickly got rid of my clothes! I might have thought twice about removing them if you weren't masquerading as what looked like an innocent fox."
[22:30] <Kotono> "Well..." Antenora sputters, blushing so hard that the back of her neck turns red.
[22:31] <Kotono> Laughing a little, "Antenora, you may be mimicking some of the attitudes of the superiors you've seen here? Well, superiors relative to you."
[22:32] <Kotono> Listening to Latha and still blushing, "Well, one of the first commands I got was to cover up and..." Throwing her hands up into the air, "It just seems tawdry here somehow. It's innocent if I bathe with alicia on the Prime, but here it seems suggestive somehow!"
[22:32] <Kotono> "You could have put themback on before coming out," Syala points out. "Only those tangles and thorns at the front would require that."
[22:34] <Kotono> "Really," Syala goes around to look at Antenora's face, "Lighten up. You're getting worked up over what sounds like trifles."
[22:35] <Alicia> "You kept nagging at me to hurry up!" Alicia retorts to the Ysgardian deva, smiling nonetheless. "Everything's just so lively and vibrant here. I don't think it's tawdry at all - it's a realm devoted to the triumph of life over adversity."
[22:37] <Kotono> "It's about going with the flow and overcoming," Syala nods along, "Ysgard is about life, heroics, battle and bravery. Stop analyzing it and accept it for what it is. That's your problem, I bet. It sounds like you've completely overanalyzed this. Just go with things!" Nodding to Antenora, "If you're staying here much longer, you should take Antenora around and make her have some fun here. Get her over this entire catch. This is a place for bre
[22:37] <Kotono> Antenora around and make her have some fun here. Get her over this entire catch. This is a place for breattaking heroics, not handholding, dammit!"
[22:39] <Kotono> "Hmph." Antenora turns away from both of them again, at the only unoccupied direction. "Perhaps, maybe...Alicia, am I really acting silly here?"
[22:43] <Alicia> "We're not staying that much longer, sadly," Alicia admits, "But you've proven there's wisdom in your head, after all." Turning to Antenora, "I think you are, a little bit - Syala's right about you overanalyzing things. I'm not saying you necessarily need to go native, but you should make an effort to just accept things as they are without worrying about how they might be misconstrued."
[22:44] <Kotono> "Yeah," Grinning now, "You really sound like you're imposing too much order on free rolling chaos. Relax." Syala pats Antenora's shoulder.
[22:44] <Kotono> "Very well." Antenora turns and nods to Alicia, blush fading. "I understand then."
[22:46] <Kotono> "There's wisdom in going along with the flow when you have to. My sire taught me that," Latha says with a gentle smile, "Order isn't about imposing excessive controls and rigidness on everything."
[22:46] <Alicia> "Don't put it in terms of law versus chaos," Alicia shakes her head at Syala, "That'll just make her more obstinate. Anyway!" she claps her hands, "I think it's time for us to go home."
[22:48] <Kotono> "Yes, let's," Antenora says agreeably.
[22:49] <Kotono> "It was an honor to face you," Latha says, extending her hands out. "If the two of you are ready?"
[22:49] <Kotono> "Oh wait," Syala speaks up, "This area's warded. You won't be able to shift from here."
[22:50] <Alicia> "That's fine, we can just walk back out through the cave," Alicia shrugs good-naturedly. "Good luck in your future battles, Syala of the Tree of Idun," she waves as she bids farewell to the Ysgardian.
[22:54] <Kotono> "Fare you well," Antenora nods and follows. Thus the three walk down and out...or would. After a bit of walking, them come to a larger cavern. It's familiar to Alicia, for it's packed full of iron vines and sharp thorns.
[22:55] <Kotono> Antenora stops, "What?" She stares ahead, tapping one of the vines with the butt of her spear.
[22:55] <Alicia> "Oh, you sneaky..." Alicia turns a half-hearted glare back up the cave the way they came. "I bet she planned this."
[22:56] <Kotono> Latha starts to smile while Antenora's face twists into a half laugh, half glare. "I would guess she did as well. She has a sneaky streak unbecoming of an angel. I suppose that while in Ysgard, though..."
03[22:56] * Taishyr is now known as Mykasi
[22:56] <Kotono> Antenora just laughs full of anger, alternating between that and glaring back the way you came. "I should have seen that coming. I really should have. I remember the story you told of how you got past here."
[22:58] <Alicia> "Now do you see why she reminds me of Marie?" Alicia laughs a little herself. "Well, we don't have to play it her way. In Kossuth's name, I call upon my allies!" she calls, conjuring forth a cluster of small fire elementals which she sends to burn a path ahead for them.
[22:58] <Alicia> roll 1d4+1
[22:58] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d4+1 --> [ 1d4=4 ]{5}
[22:58] <Kotono> Antenora watches and snickers as the fire elementals appear as commanded, all 5 of them! "Nicely played, Alicia."
[22:59] <Alicia> "She has it wrong, anyway," Alicia adds as the elementals get to work. "I only lost my clothes because I changed into a gnome to get through the cramped tunnel. I was already naked by the time I got to these vines."
[23:00] <Kotono> The elementals cut and hit throughthe metal, forging ahead a burning path! "You know, I hope she's not listening," Antenora says aloud. "And can't change the features of this tunnel on her whims."
[23:01] <Alicia> "I'm sure we can rise to any challenges she might pose," Alicia nods confidently as she casually strolls behind the elementals and the charred path they're making.
[23:04] <Kotono> The elementals char through a path without incident. On the other side, the tunnel becomes a narrow crawlway. It looks alomst big enough for you to wiggle in through.
[23:06] <Kotono> Latha hefts her mace. "If you'd like to be direct about it..."
06[23:06] * Alicia sighs. "I'd almost think she doesn't want us to leave," she remarks theatricly, tucking her wings in. "Lets not mine our way through, that'd take far too long," she shakes her head to Latha as she attempts to squeeze through.
[23:07] <Kotono> OOC: Make an escape artist check?
[23:07] <Alicia> roll 1d20+5
[23:07] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{25}
[23:08] <Kotono> Drawing on all her limber ability, Alicia is just baaarely able to begin to crawl through. She feels squished, a little too tightly packed into the tunnel. If she had a little more space to work with...
[23:08] <Kotono> Antenora watches, "Cute." Then in Alicia's mind, 'Can we make it...or should we play along in whichever way you prefer?'
06[23:10] * Alicia gives up and retreats, sighing. "Of course, the problem is that I *can't* polymorph into a gnome, now. On the other hand... you two feel like becoming mephits?"
[23:11] <Kotono> "We could, or Lantern ARchons," Latha smiles reassuringly. "It's Ysgard, let's go with the flow."
[23:12] <Alicia> "Problem with Lanterns is they're as wide as they are tall - it'd probably be even harder to squeeze through. Coure are sadly beyond my ability..." she draws the third resort from her boot and channels an alter self spell, tapping Latha first to turn her into a wispy impish looking facsimile of herself in the form of an air mephit.
[23:13] <Kotono> Watching Latha, "I'll trust you to choose a good type of mephit," Antenora says.
[23:14] <Alicia> "Air mephits are light and agile, and you've been one before," Alicia smiles at Antenora as she repeats the process on her.
[23:15] <Kotono> Antenora and Latha fly about, Latha speaking in a high pitched, windy voice, "Alicia, are you going to become the same?"
[23:15] <Alicia> "Yes," Alicia nods, sliding the dagger into her boot-sheath before she casts the spell on herself and takes to the air, easily fluttering through the now comparatively spacious tunnel.
[23:18] <Kotono> The three fly out! As you do, you swear you hear a sigh and a laugh behind you. As you do, you see the passage out, daylight gushing and waiting for you.
[23:20] <Alicia> "We're naked, you can't complain just because our attributes have shrunk!" Alicia calls back in response to the sigh and laugh, promptly disposing of the spells once they're all safely outside.
[23:22] <Kotono> Antenora stretches and taps her armor, chuckling. "Ah well. We can count that as a moral victory. Ar ewe ready to return now?"
[23:23] <Alicia> "Lets," Alicia nods readily, taking a hand from each of her friends.
[23:25] <Kotono> Thus, Lathacalls on the magic to take them home!
[23:25] <Kotono> roll 5d100
[23:25] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 5d100 --> [ 5d100=241 ]{241}
[23:25] <Kotono> roll 1d9
[23:25] <Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d9 --> [ 1d9=2 ]{2}
[23:26] <Kotono> Splash! You are wet instantly, cold water chilling you! The gray sky above you blankets a thick, churning ocean of chilly waters! You land in the drink, no land in sight.
06[23:28] * Alicia cries out in surprise at the sudden dunking, quickly snapping out the words of power to teleport them home while she has Latha and Antenora's hands held. It's always supposed to put them on solid ground!
[23:28] <Alicia> roll 1d100 very familiar
[23:28] <Rei-chan> Alicia rolled : 1d100 very familiar --> [ 1d100=59 ]{59}
[23:29] <Kotono> Cries of surprise mitigate as you appear in Alicia's living room.Antenora shakes her wings dry immediately, shivering. "Chilly. Terrible luck."
[23:32] <Alicia> Luckily she still has prestidigitation running, and busily sets to work on drying everyone off and removing the puddle forming on her rug. "We normally end up on a little island or rocky outcrop, not in the middle of the ocean," she remarks, annoyed at the possibility that they might have drowned if she couldn't teleport.
[23:32] <Alicia> "Have fun?" Marie asks, looking up from where she's drawing with Hugo by the fireplace. Then she regards Alicia oddly for a moment before a knowing smiles blooms on her lips. "I guess you did," she concludes.
[23:33] <Kotono> Latha goes over to Hugo, dripping and all. "Dear child, what are you drawing?" she murmurs, looking over to him.
[23:33] <Kotono> Antenora chuckles, "Mind reading makes it easy. Alicia give me what I kept in storage for Marie? It's her souvener."
[23:34] <Alicia> "Don't drink it all at once," Alicia tells her smug looking familiar after she's dried off Latha, reaching into the portable hole to put the jar of Ambrosia besides Marie.
[23:34] <Kotono> "It's good, but unless you want to get really drunk..." Antenora goes to sit, patting her head for Marie. "I bet you'll love it.'
[23:37] <Alicia> "What is it?" Marie asks, opening up the jar and sniffing. "Ooooh! This is enough to last me ages!" she grins, seeing a volume of liquid nearly half her body mass. Closing the jar she flies up to glomp Antenora in gratitude. "Thanks!"
06[23:38] * Alicia meanwhile joins Latha in fussing over Hugo, glad Marie has the sense not to press on her sex life in front of the child. She knows the interrogation will come later.
[23:38] <Kotono> Antenora pats Marie on the head, "I thought you'd feel left out." Setting in to watch Alicia and Latha work with Hugo, "I thin kwe found your lost twin in Ysgard, too."
[23:38] <Kotono> Hugo's drawing a sunny skyscape, full of puffy white clouds.
[23:40] <Alicia> "I hope you didn't threaten to eat her, then," Marie grins at Antenora while Alicia compliments Hugo on his burgeoning artistic talent.
[23:40] <Kotono> Hugo laughs and hugs Alicia, "Thank you!" he carols, planting a big, wet, sloppy kiss on Alicia's cheek.
[23:40] <Kotono> "She'd have liked that," Antenora snarks away, smirking, "But no. You'd fit right into Ysgard, by the way."
[23:44] <Alicia> "I blame you and Alicia for that," Marie pouts as Alicia laughs and musses Hugo's hair. "I used to be a pacifist, you know."
[23:46] <Kotono> "Now you take down mighty fiends?" Antenora leans back deeply, "Marie, honestly...am I overanalytical?"
[23:46] <Kotono> Hugo looks into Alicia's eyes, full of love.
06[23:49] * Alicia encourages her adopted hybrid to resume his artistic endeavours while Marie bluntly replies to Antenora. "Yes? It's one of your defining traits, really. Why would you even... oh, wait. 'Over'? I guess our definitions of what makes analytical become overanalytical might be different..."
[23:50] <Kotono> "Yes. Long story short, things happened on Ysgard and it got me wondering about some aspects of my personality. That's all." Watching along as Alicia encourages Hugo along, "It was an eventful trip, as I'm sure you've already noticed."
[23:51] <Kotono> Hugo looks up at Alicia, "Draw," he asks, handing some of the art materials to Alicia.
[23:55] <Alicia> "Oh, alright," Alicia smiles. "I'm not very good, though," she warns as she starts on a simple line-drawn landscape study of her family's vineyard. It's something she can produce passably from having done it by rote a number of times when she was younger and had a few lessons.
[23:55] <Alicia> "Yeah, I'm a little surprised, but I can't wait to hear the details!" Marie sneaks a glance over at Alicia before settling herself on Antenora's lap. "So, you're thinking you should stop looking too deeply into things? Realising that every now and then a cake is just a cake?"
[23:58] <Kotono> As Hugo watches, enraptured, "Maybe." After a pause, "I do wonder if chaos makes Ysgard somewhat...perverted, however."
[23:59] <Alicia> "What?" Marie blinks, before lowering her voice, "Is this about Alicia?"
Session Time: Fri Aug 21 00:00:00 2009
[00:00] <Kotono> After a beat, 'Not really.' Antenora answers in Marie's mind. 'That was unrelated, we were all getting drunk on Ambrosia and...' With a shrug of her shoulders, 'No, just about other things.'
[00:03] <Alicia> 'Well, okay...' Marie replies in the same manner. 'Anyway, I guess it depends what you mean by perverted. If you think of laws as being the epitome of what's right and proper, then chaos represents a freedom from them that you could deem perverted. But that's awfully judgemental and small-minded. Don't love and lust exist anywhere between Celestia and Baator?'
[00:06] <Kotono> 'That's not what I meant, just..mmm.' Closing her eyes to the rest of the world, as Hugo laughs and watches Alicia, 'Perverted is the right word but you're taking the wrong meaning of it. Did Alicia tell you the stories of lal that happened in Ysgard last time?"
[00:08] <Alicia> 'Lots of harsh training, beating up a giant snake, eating forbidden fruit, etcetera etcetera,' Marie replies mentally. 'Anything in particular you're aiming at, here?'
[00:10] <Kotono> 'Well...it's like something there guides things along a bit. You'll end up naked or in a suggestive situation or...and well, it just feels that way.'
[00:13] <Alicia> 'Well, lots of outsiders do without clothes... although I've noticed that's more of a lawful trait than anything else,' Marie considers. 'Why don't you tell me more about these suggestive situations, then?' she adds eagerly.
[00:18] <Kotono> Antenora starts to sigh, but chuckles instead. 'Imagine Alicia and a pretty, powerful Astral Deva druid woman. Neither is wearing anything and they're fighting a hard fought battle...' As Antenora helps Marie out, Hugo smiles and points at some of Alicia's drawing, at the sky.
[00:18] <Kotono> Aloud, "You never change, do you, Marie?" Antenora murmurs.
[00:21] <Alicia> "I resent that," Marie replies aloud, adding mentally. 'I suppose that situation is twice as perverted as Alicia and a pretty, powerful erinyes woman with one of them not wearing anything and they're fighting a hard fought battle?'
[00:21] <Alicia> Meanwhile Alicia picks up on Hugo's request and starts drawing a flock of birds soaring in the sky of her landscape. Might as well make it visually interesting rather than aim for pure artistic merit.
[00:22] <Kotono> Hugo seems happy with it, pointing at the birds as they're drawn. Latha smiles, "Those are birds, yes. They fly in the sky and are simple animals."
[00:23] <Kotono> 'Look, I'm aware that I'm having some issues with dreadful irony and hypocracy here.' Antenora looks upward, 'You could have just enjoye dthe image like I thought you would have.'
[00:25] <Alicia> "They're crows, which are a lot quieter than the seagulls we have here," Alicia adds helpfully.
[00:25] <Alicia> 'Couldn't resist,' Marie shrugs apologetically. 'Okay, so Alicia and some deva had an exciting naked battle. I know Alicia, and to my dismay I can assure you she wouldn't have gotten off on it. Did they wrestle, though? That's important to my mental image.'
[00:27] <Kotono> 'No, that was Latha and her,' Antenora buries her head into one of her hands. 'Though Latha wasn't naked. Though, back to the main point of this...or actually...never mind. I'm just going to go with it.' Antenora looks up, 'How'd you tell so quickly when you saw Alicia?'
[00:27] <Kotono> "Crows.' Hugo repeats with a furrowed brow of seriousness, pointing at them. "Crowbirds."
06[00:30] * Alicia draws some seagulls in, realism be damned, and adds in a couple of chickens on the ground. Then she starts to educate Hugo on the concept of subcategories, explaining how all three are birds, but each is different.
[00:30] <Alicia> 'Subtle changes in her mood. There's a lot that goes on beneath the surface over there,' Marie briefly cocks her head towards Alicia. 'It's a feeling I've never got from her before, either, but it's familiar to me, so...'
[00:31] <Kotono> 'Mmm. Her and Strength of Light wandered off mid-way through our drinking. When I asked her the next day, she was up front about it. I'd have thought she may have asked for more privacy or discretion.'
[00:31] <Kotono> "Birds. Birds. Birds." Hugo points at all of them, "Crowchickenbirds?"
[00:32] <Kotono> "No. They're seperate." Latha gently takes Hugo's hand, "Bird AND Chicken. Crow AND Bird."
[00:32] <Kotono> 'Then again, that may have been the good mood from the ambrosia and her encounter that lead to that,' Antenora adds.
[00:36] <Alicia> 'I bet she didn't want to seem ashamed of herself,' Marie reasons as Alicia helps Latha with her explanation. 'Everyone here's pretty open with each other, after all, so her keeping secrets would look suspicious. I bet the booze helped her along, but she's genuinely contented, so good for her, I say.'
[00:38] <Kotono> 'Quite possible, and yes, I felt she was content. If she had been chaste a long time...perhaps since her husband died, this let her lay some of her private anxities to rest?'
[00:38] <Kotono> Hugo just giggles away and hugs Alicia as she draws. "It's looking well, Alicia," Latha peers down on it, "For an amatuer, you're not bad at artistry."
[00:39] <Alicia> "Really?" Alicia seems surprised at the praise, putting her free arm around Hugo as she uses the other to sketch more fowl. "You're not just saying that? It's something I've always liked but never seemed to have any aptitude for."
[00:40] <Kotono> "Alicia, do I lie?" Latha asks with a very gentle smile. "ESpecially in front of Hugo?"
[00:41] <Alicia> 'She has needs like every other woman. We all remember when she got back from the Abyss, after all,' Marie reasons as she settles her back against Antenora's stomach, making herself comfortable. 'If this helps her seek out more encounters, good for her. If it just lets her relax now that her itch has been scratched, I guess that's fine too.'
[00:42] <Alicia> "I suppose not," Alicia smiles wryly. "At least this is one of my better attempts."
[00:44] <Kotono> 'Yes.' Antenora begins to smile as she watches them, silent for a little time. 'Sometimes I wonder if all this order gets in the way of pure good. I can't deny there was good ness in Ysgard or Brightwater, no matter how much part of me dissents with it.'
[00:46] <Kotono> "Though speaking of the arts," Latha looks back to Antenora, "She should pursue some form of them. She told me the story of her singing while you and Strength of Light were occupied. It would expand her horizons."
[00:48] <Alicia> 'There's lots of ways to make the world better. I mean, Celestia isn't bad...' Marie grudgingly admits. 'I can't help but feel like it could be better if it wasn't so regimented, though. I guess you feel the same in reverse. There's merit to finding a balance - that's what Elysium's all about, after all.'
[00:49] <Alicia> "Oh, yes, Antenora's a lovely singer," Alicia agrees, looking up at the former erinyes. "She could do it professionally, certainly."
[00:49] <Kotono> 'Perhaps. I've thought about it a time or two. Would it be better to pursue the ethos of Mystra's sacred realm?' Antenora glances at Latha but looks away with a little shrug. 'I'm not sure I want to go through all of that again, or if I even should.' After, "I suppose I am," Antenora says absently, waving a hand towards the two. 'But...order makes so much SENSE.'
[00:50] <Kotono> '...and I'm overcompensating and overanalysing again, arne't I?' Antenora adds with a deep, rumbling sigh.
[00:50] <Alicia> "They're having a private conversation," Alicia leans towards Latha, whispering and tapping her head briefly.
[00:51] <Kotono> "My sentiments exactly," Latha turns back, "Hugo, why don't you draw chickens and gulls and crows," Tapping Alicia' work wth her finger, "Draw what Alicia drew."
[00:51] <Kotono> Hugo takes some paper and does just that, starting to energetically copy Alicia's work.
[00:53] <Alicia> 'You know one of the best things about Chaos?' Marie asks, before immediately answering. 'The virtue of tolerance! It means accepting everyone else even if you don't agree or understand them. So long as you don't hurt anyone, it's fine for you to just be yourself,' she concludes with a smile, patting Antenora's leg.
[00:54] <Kotono> 'Of course' Antenora merely smiles to that, 'I should really stop talking to you when I'm like this. I give you far too many points in favor of chaos.'
[00:54] <Alicia> 'Only because it makes sense,' Marie returns triumphantly. 'You know, we should go back to Brightwater some day and retake that test of friendship. I bet we'd ace it, now!'
[00:56] <Kotono> 'Uh huh.' Antenora looks to Marie, 'You're just hoping I'll look at you with big doe eyes and say, 'Oh Marie, you've opened my eyes so much! How did I ever not notice you before?'' In a high pitched mental warble, 'Hm?'
[00:57] <Kotono> Hugo draws away, drawing somewhat inaccurate but colorful versions of Alicia's work. Latha guides him along, and as she does, "That's it. Be at peace and imagine what you're doing. Organize your thoughts and execute them well, Hugo."
[00:59] <Alicia> 'A little recognition would be nice,' Marie gives a mental sniff as Alicia resumes encouraging Hugo's drawing.
[01:00] <Kotono> 'Oh sure, I do. I did bring you that ambrosia, after all.'
[01:01] <Kotono> 'They're certainly absorbed,' Latha sends to Alicia.
[01:02] <Alicia> 'Probably got started on a law versus chaos debate. They can go at it for hours,' Alicia replies in a long-suffering tone.
[01:03] <Alicia> 'You did! And I'm ever so grateful!' Marie agrees, oh so very chipper. 'That stuff's hard to get hold of, and with that much being tiny is a big advantage in making it last!'
[01:03] <Kotono> Latha merely goes to pat Alicia gently. 'In a way, it's indearing. Look at how devils and demons settle it. Friendship vs slaughter.'
[01:04] <Kotono> 'I also said we should bring you to Ysgard next time,' Antenora leans back now, whistling in her mind. 'You'll love it there.
[01:04] <Kotono> '
[01:06] <Alicia> 'I know, I shouldn't complain, really,' Alicia agrees. 'They just tend to repeat the same things over and over in different ways, though. At least they're keeping this one quiet.'
[01:07] <Kotono> 'Celestia and Lathander both be praised,' Latha says.
[01:07] <Alicia> 'I probably would fit in well with all the violence... Alicia's turned me into such a bloodthirsty little monster,' Marie agrees. 'But at least I'd get to see some of those suggestive things you were talking about firsthand?'
[01:07] <Kotono> 'Sex and violence, eh? That's what does it for this courre eladrin,' Antenora smirks now, 'My.'
[01:08] <Alicia> 'I'm a product of my environment!' Marie laments, before adding, 'Adaptability, that's another chaotic trait.'
[01:09] <Kotono> 'Oh,' Antenora tosses her hair, 'Smiting evil and looking pretty doing it has done this to you? If everyone else here is lawful and is doing it, and you're chaotic and you weren't, maybe that means that you were wrong all along?'
[01:10] <Alicia> "I could swear they're flirting with one another," Alicia mutters under her breath as she catches sight of Antenora's hair-toss.
[01:10] <Kotono> "Flirting?" Hugo says aloud, "Flirting?"
[01:11] <Kotono> "Ah...yes, that's right, Hugo," Latha starts to smile with a helpless look, "Birds are what's important right now."
06[01:12] * Alicia coughs. "Nevermind that, Hugo," she quickly moves on. "Look, this is what a peacock looks like," she draws one of the ornamental birds she saw on her travels through the Fiefdoms, sitting incongruously in a Kelaran vineyard.
[01:12] <Kotono> Antenora's eyes slide over to Alicia and company, refraining from comment.
[01:14] <Alicia> Marie laughs a little. 'I'll try to stay strong in the face law's temptations,' she insists, taking off and going to grab the jar of Ambrosia so she can go stash it away for later.
[01:15] <Kotono> As Marie flies off, "Having fun, Alicia?" she calls, as sweet as sugar.
[01:17] <Alicia> "I'm just glad to see you and Marie getting along so well," Alicia replies back pleasantly.
[01:18] <Kotono> 'Was it really THAT bad?' Antenora follows up mentally to Alicia.
[01:18] <Kotono> "Yes. Friendship is an important virture," Latha calls back. "Why don't you join us, or go keep Marie company?"
[01:19] <Kotono> *virtue
[01:19] <Alicia> 'I don't know what you two were talking about, but the body language spoke volumes,' Alicia replies, starting to get a bit confused now at all the telepathy flying around.
[01:20] <Kotono> "Mystra, now you sound like Seira and Donald," Antenora mutters aloud, "Can't two women just be friends?"
[01:23] <Alicia> "We both know Marie's open to a lot more than friendship," Alicia retorts, wishing they weren't having this conversation in front of Hugo and electing to avoid saying anything too provocative. "It's obvious you were teasing her, even if I don't know exactly what was said."
[01:25] <Kotono> "Uh huh." Antenora glowers at Alicia, arms crossed. "This entire conversation feels so ironic now. Saying that, and also saying something so ironic like I did in Ysgard? I mean...Can't you see the irony of what you're saying here?"
[01:32] <Alicia> "Hmmm..." Alicia is a bit dubious. "Maybe," she relents a little. "Even if you were behaving innocently, though, I know for a fact that Marie is less so."
[01:34] <Kotono> "Maybe." Antenora relents a little bit herself. "It's not like I haven't noticed, or noticed the comments about her getting jealous that were made."
[01:34] <Kotono> Hugo is enthralled with his drawings, content enough as he copies Alicia's work.
[01:38] <Alicia> "There's no real harm in teasing her," Alicia shrugs, "She does enjoy it, after all. But the lesson of today would be about how such things can seem far more blatant to observers."
[01:39] <Kotono> "Indeed." Antenora heads over, sitting next to Alicia. "Then again, if appearances like that meant anything, well...How does Antenora Reynes sound to you?" With a roguish grin, "Hugo, that's nice. Why don't we draw some clouds around those birds now?"
[01:49] <Kotono> ----